08-25-2008, 12:37 PM
what does that meen . sorry new to this stuff

EG6-DC2
08-25-2008, 12:40 PM
Already signed up!

fmx_dbc
08-25-2008, 01:35 PM
what's the guest group?
Just picked up some rims for my slickers so I'll be tryin them out for the first time. I just hope I don't run into issues with the tires rubbing the fenders. I plan to be there!

Phantomeg
08-25-2008, 03:31 PM
I'm in...See you guy's in September at PIR!!! Hopefully it will be a little cooler by then...

Vtecracer
08-25-2008, 06:00 PM
ugh......will the car be done in time?? aghhhh!!!!! :pulls hair out:

ILIKETODRIVE
08-25-2008, 06:00 PM
Been signed up! :thumbsup:

woody55
08-25-2008, 06:22 PM
Racing both days. Trying out the cool suit for the first time, hope it works as it will still be plenty hot out in early Sept. Now I just need to loose 80 lbs from the car to make min weight.....

BlueTeg
08-26-2008, 12:48 AM
PIR....yay

Doing an event all day in the September heat....boo

topramn
08-26-2008, 08:13 AM
Last I heard, the guest group was EuroTuner Magazine. But not sure if that has changed or not.

EG6-DC2
08-26-2008, 04:52 PM
Last I heard, the guest group was EuroTuner Magazine. But not sure if that has changed or not.

EuroTuner? Are they testing out some cars or is it personal cars out there? If they will be having some nice high end cars out there, it might be worth going to watch them tear it up!

If not, then they are wasting my Sunday track time!:devil:

mc_rhett_meister
08-26-2008, 05:59 PM
Hope i can make it :(

Vtecracer
08-26-2008, 06:10 PM
you better make it Rhett....that would be 2 **cough** new cars at the track....

fmx_dbc
08-26-2008, 06:42 PM
I want my new transmission...boo. Gosh I spend too much $$$

SlowCivicHmm
08-26-2008, 09:51 PM
Not sure if I'll be there running, but def be there for tech and for hanging out!!

iApex
08-26-2008, 10:13 PM
how come the events cant be 30 days apart. hard to come up with the money. thought i had time and bought wheels. this sucks now im a "hard parker" i think you guys call it. hopefully i can get my dad to give me an advance because i work for him. haha one benefit to working for family. i hate having to work for money already spent. but i have to go to this i said i was going to the last one.

topramn
08-26-2008, 11:17 PM
EuroTuner? Are they testing out some cars or is it personal cars out there? If they will be having some nice high end cars out there, it might be worth going to watch them tear it up!

If not, then they are wasting my Sunday track time!:devil:

eurotuner is supposed to be doing euro shootout.. kinda like what modified did in may.. again, not sure if thats still taking place.. i will post correct info as soon as i know for sure..

how come the events cant be 30 days apart. hard to come up with the money. thought i had time and bought wheels. this sucks now im a "hard parker" i think you guys call it. hopefully i can get my dad to give me an advance because i work for him. haha one benefit to working for family. i hate having to work for money already spent. but i have to go to this i said i was going to the last one.

umm.. 27 days is pretty damn close to 30.. stop buying stuff and just drive.. plus the schedule for the entire year has been up since last november.. no reason to not know when the events are... 2009 schedule should be available to the public in the next month or so..

SlowCivicHmm
08-26-2008, 11:34 PM
budget...YAY!!

PhoenixB16
08-27-2008, 11:13 AM
There for sure.Driving? Doubtfull.

topramn
08-27-2008, 12:49 PM
there for sure.driving? Doubtfull.

what? nevermind.. i got it..

iApex
08-27-2008, 03:27 PM
eurotuner is supposed to be doing euro shootout.. kinda like what modified did in may.. again, not sure if thats still taking place.. i will post correct info as soon as i know for sure..

umm.. 27 days is pretty damn close to 30.. stop buying stuff and just drive.. plus the schedule for the entire year has been up since last november.. no reason to not know when the events are... 2009 schedule should be available to the public in the next month or so..

Never said it wasnt my fault. Rims are bought and your right it is 27, but last two weeks went by fast. i am by no means rich yes i have a mom and dad but i work for every single thing i own and or do. i am giong to try my best to get on track but i have to pay bills or else i have nothing to track with. wheels were a stupid move but car had 18 lbs 16's made by asa- had to go plus new ones have been bought. im going to not put tires on them i think and use that money to run with my current wheels then put tires on between next event. purpose of previous post was to point out i made a mistake. i want to run.

BlueTeg
08-27-2008, 05:38 PM
wheels were a stupid move but car had 18 lbs 16's made by asa- had to go plus new ones have been bought. im going to not put tires on them i think and use that money to run with my current wheels then put tires on between next event.

Have you done track events before? I thought I remember you saying that you had some track time under your belt. (???)

http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=69041
^ Check these out. Perfect for your situation. Why?
1.) They're very affordable. You'll spend $400+ alone on wheels before shipping or tax.
2.) They're 8" wide. So you get a nice fat contact patch
3.) Aside from Hoosiers, 710's are the next stickiest tire. Sure the tires are old, but they'll grip way better than any street tire, and for the price you shouldn't expect them to perform like new. This tire/wheel combo would cost you $1000+ if you bought brand new
4.) Small overall rolling diameter means that you can run a wide tire without worrying about the tire rubbing on your fenders. More importantly this tire/wheel combo gives you similar gearing to adding a JDM ITR final drive. Those of you that have driven on this combo can attest to the acceleration they will add (I think only Tage and Jose, but still. LOL)

The only 'con' I can see is:
I do not recommend them for your first time out. I'm a big advocate of learning to drive on street tires until you're ready for DE3. Because of the high level of grip R-compounds have, it can hide some mistakes that you may make as a beginner. I drove on street tires for my first 2 years in the DE program.

If you're not ready to make the financial commitment to them. You can rent them for $30/day or $50 for the weekend. If you decide to buy them within the next 25 days after the event, I'll apply the rental fee to the purchase price. But please, keep in mind that it really is best to learn on street tires before making the jump to Rcompounds so if you decide to buy them, you many want to sit on them for a bit before using them religiously at the track.

iApex
08-27-2008, 06:08 PM
ya i have been on a track 2 times . my dad rented FIR west a while back. then i ran on spring mountain for a 2 day event and got like literally 4 hours of track time altogether in the 2 days . so point im making is yes i have been on track but maybe only 5 hrs so i want to stay on street tires for now. i bought some buddy clubs they will be here tuesday. if i run though i will still be on my 16 asa's which sucks. becasue i cant offord tires for the buddy clubs and to run. i might say fuck it and sit this event out till i get the tires so when i start im completely ready. i can already tell this is an expensive sport. im runing the next auto cross for sure though.

SlowCivicHmm
08-27-2008, 06:25 PM
The only 'con' I can see is:
I do not recommend them for your first time out. I'm a big advocate of learning to drive on street tires until you're ready for DE3. Because of the high level of grip R-compounds have, it can hide some mistakes that you may make as a beginner. I drove on street tires for my first 2 years in the DE program.

reason I haven't fully commited to buying them...grr....lol...if not MINE! i know i've said it before...

hey gabe I might rent them again if you have them still closer to the event, the hatch needs maintance 1st before I commit to driving......fyi..

BlueTeg
08-27-2008, 06:28 PM
on street tires for now. i bought some buddy clubs they will be here tuesday. if i run though i will still be on my 16 asa's which sucks. becasue i cant offord tires for the buddy clubs and to run. i might say fuck it and sit this event out till i get the tires so when i start im completely ready.

Don't sit out cause you're waiting for tires. Come out, go through the DE1 school and that way when you get your 'good' tires you'll have already run the track once and have been through the school portion.

Trust me, unless you're running 175/75/13 snow tires, the tires you have on those 16s will be more than enough to provide some grins around PIR.

SlowCivicHmm
08-27-2008, 06:33 PM
He's tracked with us before Gabe.....

Bald dude, Silver DC5 out at West with us this month...

ILIKETODRIVE
08-27-2008, 06:39 PM

Wrong guy d00d.

Phantomeg
08-27-2008, 07:10 PM

You're thinking of Paul that hangs with us with the DC5...

SlowCivicHmm
08-27-2008, 08:02 PM
haha, okay...in another post this guy said he was the bald dude...lol.....i'm bad with n ames...ya'll know that by now...how long it take me to get everyone's straight...lol

I'm a dumbass...

ASPEC is paul..

iApex....looked the same to me.....OWNED!

iApex
08-27-2008, 08:57 PM
im not bald lol. im pretty sure some of you saw me at the last event i went up and introduced myself but no one was very talkative. if you see me youll know im pretty short (5'2) on a good day. last event i was with another kid who had red hair if that helps. and i drive a red DC2. thats me in the avatar. ya you make good valid points gabe im going to try to put off buying the tires for the buddyclub wheels and use that money to sign up. and jsut run on my 16's.

JoshDC2
08-27-2008, 09:09 PM
so if you see a red dc2 on track its either me or iApex
Mine is the one with more stickers(probably)

aphenix
08-27-2008, 09:22 PM
Qord ima try to get my ass down there

BlueTeg
08-27-2008, 11:07 PM
iapex: tell your pops to mob the NSX next weekend!!

SlowCivicHmm
08-27-2008, 11:17 PM
im not bald lol. im pretty sure some of you saw me at the last event i went up and introduced myself but no one was very talkative. if you see me youll know im pretty short (5'2) on a good day. last event i was with another kid who had red hair if that helps. and i drive a red DC2. thats me in the avatar. ya you make good valid points gabe im going to try to put off buying the tires for the buddyclub wheels and use that money to sign up. and jsut run on my 16's.

i think I remember you...my bad...i was on no sleep...up like 36hrs n shit..hahha

see you, i'll be @ tech..

iApex
08-28-2008, 12:53 AM
iapex: tell your pops to mob the NSX next weekend!!

we pulled the motor and the super charger and are putting them into mark johnson of dali racing's nsx. my dad has a new built motor bored to 3.3. with a 2.3 whipple supercharger on that. his last charger was only a 1.8. so new motor and charger are ging in to my dads nsx. were hoping to around 550 to the wheels. maybe more. but im going to ry to get him to come out with me anyway.

DeeDub
08-28-2008, 03:19 AM
I need to finish my car already! I wanna go out with you guys!

SlowCivicHmm
08-28-2008, 10:16 AM
I need to finish my car already! I wanna go out with you guys!

then get off the board and get to the garage...lol

PhoenixB16
08-28-2008, 11:37 AM
joser,what up with the BBQ idea? text,4806950360

SlowCivicHmm
08-28-2008, 02:29 PM
not sure dude...i'm down to hang and cook...probably nothing officially set.....i'll text ya dogg!

iApex
08-28-2008, 06:34 PM

I have a big red AAP sticker on the back of my car, and a small Dali Racing one on the windshield. I have 5 point harnesses to.

woody55
08-28-2008, 07:05 PM

Or me! I probably have more stickers than both of you combined. And more dents, scratches, tire marks, etc...

SlowCivicHmm
08-28-2008, 07:27 PM
Or me! I probably have more stickers than both of you combined. And more dents, scratches, tire marks, etc...

hey your car rocks!!!

i haven't seen scott post much...the DA done for?? or what?

woody55
08-28-2008, 09:07 PM
Just found this site, Scott actually told me about it. He is getting the car ready for PIR, it will be interesting to see how the B20 and the B18C motors compare. We are both at about the same weight, final drives, tires, suspension, etc... so it will be very interesting to see who has the advantage where.

I'm just trying to get my post count up so I can browse the classifieds to see what deals might be out there...

fmx_dbc
08-28-2008, 09:20 PM
I love it when a plan comes together Hannibal! Going to have my slicks on with the new lighter wheels, and it looks like I might have a YS1 trans to put in before the event as well! In addition, I'm going to try to install the quicker steering ratio internals into my rack. I'm very excited about that. All I need now is my damn cam gears for the bad boy cams...I might be waiting a while...

BlueTeg
08-28-2008, 11:30 PM
it will be interesting to see how the B20 and the B18C motors compare. We are both at about the same weight, final drives, tires, suspension, etc... so it will be very interesting to see who has the advantage where.

If Scott doesn't have an LSD on his car I don't he'll have the advantage anywhere. **Assuming all driver / power / and tire variables are equal.....the B18c transmission alone is worth at least half second, maybe a full second at PIR IMO. 2-3 gear change is night and day (BTW: is he running a vtec transmision? since you said you both have the same final drives? nonvtec = 4.2 VTEC=4.4) Those 2L's pull well out of slow speed corners but if he can't put the power down cause he's burning the inside wheel it won't do him much good.

woody55
08-29-2008, 08:24 AM
Scott and I both have the 4.7 final drive and and LSD, I have the Quaife and he has a clutch type (Mugen maybe??). He has an LS tranny and I have the GSR tranny so, you are right, the engine and tranny gears are both different aside from the final drive. Both run the 225/45-15 RA-1 spec Honda Challenge tires. At this point I think we'll just have to wait to see... I should see if I can find the dyno graphs of our cars, we had them tuned at Locash back to back and got a print out of the two together. As you can assume, he has more torque down low and I have more HP up high, I just don't remember the details.

dantana
08-29-2008, 03:37 PM
I might actually attend this event, assuming i dont head up to utah for some forest grouse hunting. If i attend, ill most likely be helping people out, and giving ride alongs in my tacoma :bananaman:
any young blood need help out there?

JoshDC2
08-29-2008, 03:47 PM
I might actually attend this event, assuming i dont head up to utah for some forest grouse hunting. If i attend, ill most likely be helping people out, and giving ride alongs in my tacoma :bananaman:

i will be out there in de2 hopefully.
i would appreciate any help.

dantana
08-29-2008, 03:53 PM
cool josh, ill loook for you if im there. whats your expereince level? PM me your track resume

fmx_dbc
08-29-2008, 04:32 PM
<---- over here dan!!! {Flailing arms}
going to attempt the YS1 and steering rack install this weekend

dantana
08-29-2008, 04:47 PM
alright craig, got you down too. ill teach you moves that could have won Keeenton $100,000!:thumbup:

BlueTeg
08-29-2008, 04:52 PM
Lol!!

fmx_dbc
08-29-2008, 05:08 PM
Hahaha!!! Should have taught him how to use a torque wrench...that would have helped a lot!

iApex
08-29-2008, 07:13 PM

hey dan, its Jim Cozzolino's son... if i can come up with the funds i will attend, and would appriciate any instructing you are willing to offer.

PhoenixB16
08-30-2008, 09:39 AM
alright craig, got you down too. Ill teach you moves that could have won keeenton $100,000!:thumbup:

bwaaaaaaaahahahahahhahahhahah, conserve the cah keeeeeeeenton!!!!!!!!!!

PhoenixB16
08-30-2008, 09:40 AM
Hahaha!!! Should have taught him how to use a torque wrench...that would have helped a lot!

god damn GM's and having to torque shit..........

ILIKETODRIVE
08-30-2008, 09:49 AM
Hey Dan, CJ will be there in the 4dr! ;)

BlueTeg
08-30-2008, 10:44 AM
Don't get your hopes up that the fabled Dan Sturla will be there kids.

Dan will end up bagging last minute to go fur trapping up in Canada or something nutty like that. :upyours:

fmx_dbc
08-30-2008, 10:45 AM
god damn GM's and having to torque shit..........

"I can take your sponsorship away Keeeeeeenton"

lol ahhh the memories...

wow...Dan is a fable now? :p he gradiated!

PhoenixB16
08-30-2008, 11:55 AM
Our assholes puckered when Rhys said that shit.......... And Dan is probably monitering the Praire dog and endangered wren poullation in some other state or something wild. Im not even sure his bro is still alive............I havent had a beer with those fools in a while.........

iApex
08-30-2008, 04:02 PM
Our assholes puckered when Rhys said that shit.......... And Dan is probably monitering the Praire dog and endangered wren poullation in some other state or something wild. Im not even sure his bro is still alive............I havent had a beer with those fools in a while.........

i saw Jeff at the last event at FIR west...

Vtecracer
08-30-2008, 04:32 PM

Yeah dude....we have to work out the bugs in the new DC...

fmx_dbc
08-30-2008, 04:48 PM
Yeah dude....we have to work out the bugs in the new DC...

is it done? :clapper:

Vtecracer
08-31-2008, 08:51 AM
maybe??? if simon ever gets his butt over here so we can drop the heart in!!

JoshDC2
08-31-2008, 09:27 AM
maybe??? if simon ever gets his butt over here so we can drop the heart in!!

hehe thats what i will ***HOPEFULLY***
Be doing tomorrow with mine. :):clap: I think we have the same bottom end if i remember correctly

topramn
08-31-2008, 12:41 PM
Schedule is not Final DO NOT PRINT!!

NASA Arizona/Trial by Fire US-Drift
Saturday September 13th, 2008 - Phoenix International Raceway
TIMED RACES START WHEN PACE CAR LEAVES & INCLUDES COOL DOWN LAP, UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED.
6:00 GATES OPEN
6:45 Tech and Registration Open
Subject to change
07:30 AM SHARP! MANDATORY HPDE DRIVER'S MEETING IN THE DOWNLOAD TENT FAILURE TO ATTEND WILL RESULT IN LOSS OF TRACK TIME.

All HPDE Drivers Must Attend Download Sessions After Run Group.
Start End ET
0 6:45 7:30 Tech all Cars
0 7:30 7:40 0:10 Drivers Meeting at the NASA Trailer
1 7:50 AM 8:10 AM 0:20 HPDE3
2 8:10 AM 8:25 AM 0:15 NASA TT Group 1 (25 Car Max)
3 8:25 AM 8:40 AM 0:15 NASA TT Group 2 (25 Car Max)
4 8:40 AM 9:00 AM 0:20 HPDE2
5 9:00 AM 9:20 AM 0:20 Small Bore Race Practice
6 9:20 AM 9:40 AM 0:20 Big Bore Race Practice
7 9:40 AM 10:05 AM 0:25 HPDE1
8 10:05 AM 10:25 AM 0:20 HPDE3
9 10:25 AM 10:40 AM 0:15 NASA TT Group 1 (25 Car Max)
10 10:40 AM 10:55 AM 0:15 NASA TT Group 2 (25 Car Max)
11 10:55 AM 11:15 AM 0:20 HPDE2
12 11:15 AM 11:30 AM 0:15 TBF Drift #1
13 11:30 AM 11:55 AM 0:25 HPDE1
14 11:55 AM 12:05 PM 0:10 Time Correction
15 12:05 PM 12:20 PM 0:15 Small Bore Race Qualify
16 12:20 PM 12:35 PM 0:15 Big Bore Race Qualify
17 12:35 PM 12:50 PM 0:15 TBF Drift #2
18 12:50 PM 1:10 PM 0:20 HPDE3 (RACER MEETING IN REG ROOM)
19 1:10 PM 1:25 PM 0:15 NASA TT Group 1 (25 Car Max)
20 1:25 PM 1:40 PM 0:15 NASA TT Group 2 (25 Car Max)
21 1:40 PM 2:00 PM 0:20 HPDE2
22 2:00 PM 2:20 PM 0:20 HPDE1
23 2:20 PM 2:35 PM 0:15 TBF Drift #3
24 2:35 PM 3:05 PM 0:30 Small Bore Race
25 3:05 PM 3:35 PM 0:30 Big Bore Race
26 3:35 PM 3:55 PM 0:20 HPDE3
27 3:55 PM 4:10 PM 0:15 NASA TT Group 1 (25 Car Max)
28 4:10 PM 4:25 PM 0:15 NASA TT Group 2 (25 Car Max)
29 4:25 PM 4:45 PM 0:20 HPDE2
30 4:45 PM 5:00 PM 0:15 TBF Drift #4

--=
NASA Arizona/Porsche Club
Sunday September 14th, 2008 - Phoenix International Raceway
TIMED RACES START WHEN PACE CAR LEAVES & INCLUDES COOL DOWN LAP, UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED.
6:00 GATES OPEN
6:45 Tech and Registration Open
Subject to change
07:30 AM SHARP! MANDATORY HPDE DRIVER'S MEETING IN THE DOWNLOAD TENT FAILURE TO ATTEND WILL RESULT IN LOSS OF TRACK TIME.

All HPDE Drivers Must Attend Download Sessions After Run Group.
Start End ET
0 6:45 7:30 Tech all Cars
0 7:30 7:40 0:10 Drivers Meeting at Scottsdale Motoring
1 7:50 AM 8:10 AM 0:20 PCA DE4
2 8:10 AM 8:30 AM 0:20 PCA DE3
3 8:30 AM 8:45 AM 0:15 NASA TT Group 1 (25 Car Max)
4 8:45 AM 9:00 AM 0:15 NASA TT Group 2 (25 Car Max)
5 9:00 AM 9:20 AM 0:20 Small Bore Race Practice
6 9:20 AM 9:40 AM 0:20 Big Bore Race Practice
7 9:40 AM 10:00 AM 0:20 PCA DE2
8 10:00 AM 10:20 AM 0:20 PCA DE1
9 10:20 AM 10:40 AM 0:20 NASA TT Group 1 (25 Car Max)
10 10:40 AM 11:00 AM 0:20 NASA TT Group 2 (25 Car Max)
11 11:00 AM 11:20 AM 0:20 PCA DE4
12 11:20 AM 11:40 AM 0:20 PCA DE3
13 11:40 AM 12:00 PM 0:20 PCA DE2
14 12:00 PM 12:20 PM 0:20 PCA DE1
15 12:20 PM 12:30 PM 0:10 Time Correction
16 12:30 PM 12:45 PM 0:15 Small Bore Race Qualify
17 12:45 PM 1:00 PM 0:15 Big Bore Race Qualify
18 1:00 PM 1:20 PM 0:20 PCA DE4
19 1:20 PM 1:40 PM 0:20 PCA DE3
20 1:40 PM 2:00 PM 0:20 PCA DE2
21 2:00 PM 2:20 PM 0:20 PCA DE1
22 2:20 PM 2:35 PM 0:15 NASA TT Group 1 (25 Car Max)
23 2:35 PM 2:50 PM 0:15 NASA TT Group 2 (25 Car Max)
24 2:50 PM 3:15 PM 0:25 Small Bore Race
25 3:15 PM 3:40 PM 0:25 Big Bore Race
26 3:40 PM 4:00 PM 0:20 PCA DE4
27 4:00 PM 4:20 PM 0:20 PCA DE3
28 4:20 PM 4:40 PM 0:20 PCA DE2
29 4:40 PM 5:00 PM 0:20 PCA DE1

topramn
08-31-2008, 01:00 PM
joser, josh, and anyone else who works.. your link is up now..

topramn
08-31-2008, 01:38 PM
jesus paul... this aint the shout box.. hahaha.. good job with the post whoring.. hahahha

SlowCivicHmm
08-31-2008, 01:42 PM
Paul on AZHT? lol

the SJGP is toast......damn city vote....lol

topramn
08-31-2008, 01:59 PM
Hi Ramin,
How are you doing? How come Dan doesn't race anymore?

he is focused on school.. he will be back.. i think he finally realized he cant live broke forever.. i know i realized it not too long ago.. props to dan for taking steps to a better future..

if im wrong, then he is wandering the forest wearing camoflauge..

JoshDC2
08-31-2008, 09:47 PM
wait... so there is DE is both days now??
EDIT: didnt see PCA... that tripped me out. What is PCA?

SlowCivicHmm
08-31-2008, 09:50 PM
Porche Club of America I think.....

mc_rhett_meister
08-31-2008, 10:55 PM
damn, nearly 12 hours out there :o

boostedrex
09-01-2008, 12:00 AM
go time

topramn
09-01-2008, 04:10 AM
Porche Club of America I think.....

ding ding ding... good job buddy... you won the grand prize..

ILIKETODRIVE
09-01-2008, 04:30 AM
:thumbsup:

SlowCivicHmm
09-01-2008, 05:05 AM
ding ding ding... good job buddy... you won the grand prize..

I know I shouldn't ask..

but whats this grand prize?? lol:lame:

topramn
09-01-2008, 11:56 AM
I know I shouldn't ask..

but whats this grand prize?? lol:lame:

absorutery nothing..

SlowCivicHmm
09-01-2008, 12:59 PM
No deal!!

topramn
09-01-2008, 01:03 PM
No deal!!

if you really want a prize, i could have jason yell at you some more.. hahahaha..

SlowCivicHmm
09-01-2008, 01:24 PM
he'll do that anyway......lol

I want a spot to park @ tech damn it!! lol

Kinetic
09-01-2008, 06:42 PM
PaulB as Bloomberg

don't post whore......its bad uuummm kay ?

krash133
09-01-2008, 08:30 PM

Ahhhhh the memories..............lol..........Now didn't you give me a dirty look that morning....haha.....

I deserved it, my dumbass didn't use a torquewrench, lol

See you boys out there on the 13th and 14th

JoshDC2
09-02-2008, 09:31 PM
Got all signed up for DE2!!!
Gabe, you're going to be the group leader for 2 correct?
I want you to go out with me and make sure i'm ready for DE2. And give me instruction on the corners because I've never driven PIR only ride alongs.

BlueTeg
09-02-2008, 10:57 PM
Not sure which group I'll be doing until a couple days before the event. Regardless, just talk to the group leader (me or merv or chris) and ask for some ride along pointers for the first session.

JoshDC2
09-02-2008, 11:07 PM
Not sure which group I'll be doing until a couple days before the event. Regardless, just talk to the group leader (me or merv or chris) and ask for some ride along pointers for the first session.

Sweet thank you

SlowCivicHmm
09-03-2008, 03:23 AM
I'll give you a tip josh.....do not lift in turn 1...hahaha....if your ass puckers up...smash on it...most people never go fast enough there including me...pedal to the floor!! hahah

fmx_dbc
09-03-2008, 07:30 AM
anyone have the circular part the holds the Speed Sensor Cable on a B Series Cable tranny? The part from my LS tranny is a quarter inch smaller in diameter than the one I need

BlueTeg
09-03-2008, 10:02 AM
Dremel that ish...

fmx_dbc
09-03-2008, 10:08 AM
if I find a way to dremel a smaller part and make it increase in size, I will definitely let you know... Until then, I need the larger sized VSS piece the the cable goes into

fmx_dbc
09-03-2008, 04:35 PM
NVM I got it taken care of

Kinetic
09-04-2008, 01:56 PM
i might have to run in group 2 just to hang out with the honda guys

SlowCivicHmm
09-04-2008, 02:32 PM
haha.....back in DE2 huh Ward?? Damn....I might need to run....

fmx_dbc
09-04-2008, 03:04 PM
I got my tranny on...now just trying to get that new steering rack up on there. God I hate working on my car in the driveway! Especially 3 days in a row in the heat, after working 9 hours each day. I'm motivated to get it running tip top for the event though.

JoshDC2
09-04-2008, 03:25 PM
i might have to run in group 2 just to hang out with the honda guys

hehe that might be fun. although i think you might be a little quicker than i

JoshDC2
09-04-2008, 03:26 PM
I got my tranny on...now just trying to get that new steering rack up on there. God I hate working on my car in the driveway! Especially 3 days in a row in the heat, after working 9 hours each day. I'm motivated to get it running tip top for the event though.

i wish i was that motivated :dumbass:

SlowCivicHmm
09-04-2008, 03:38 PM
i wish i was that motivated :dumbass:

same here....DAMN MY GARAGE DOOR BEING BROKEN!!! grrr....DAMN MY LANDLORD!!

Vtecracer
09-04-2008, 04:51 PM
is de2 closed yet? i am cleared for de3 but want to run the new car in de2 to work out the bugs...

i THINK it will be done in time.. have not tried to fire the engine yet *crossesfingers*

Kinetic
09-04-2008, 05:47 PM
haha.....back in DE2 huh Ward?? Damn....I might need to run....

just for kicks..if there is a ton of Honder drivers then it might be fun.....then again with no passing in the corners it might not be.....

hehe that might be fun. although i think you might be a little quicker than i

only because I have the super secret black recaro mod now!;)

SlowCivicHmm
09-04-2008, 07:27 PM
is de2 closed yet? i am cleared for de3 but want to run the new car in de2 to work out the bugs...

i THINK it will be done in time.. have not tried to fire the engine yet *crossesfingers*

dude learn to register in DE2...you can always move up day of with no problems...

registering in DE3 and moving down just causes more traffic in DE2 the day of........

my 2 cents...

JoshDC2
09-04-2008, 08:54 PM
only because I have the super secret black recaro mod now!;)

hmm and about 2000 rpms more
and... 55hp?
but i beet you on torque

SlowCivicHmm
09-04-2008, 08:59 PM
whats this torque you speak of?? i not know of none of this.....

lol....sohc yokes..haha

Vtecracer
09-04-2008, 09:23 PM
dude learn to register in DE2...you can always move up day of with no problems...

registering in DE3 and moving down just causes more traffic in DE2 the day of........

my 2 cents...

I think you missed my point Joser. I want to register for de2....to feel out the car...instead of showing up to do de3 with no track time in the new ride...that way i could move up to de3 if packed. I have no intention of registering for de3 right now. I probably won't make the event.

SlowCivicHmm
09-04-2008, 09:26 PM
I think you missed my point Joser. I want to register for de2....to feel out the car...instead of showing up to do de3 with no track time in the new ride...that way i could move up to de3 if packed. I have no intention of registering for de3 right now. I probably won't make the event.

aah my bad...lol

Kinetic
09-05-2008, 12:30 AM
whats this torque you speak of?? i not know of none of this.....

its a v-8 thing...........

Vtecracer
09-05-2008, 12:34 AM
its a v-8 thing...........

um....or a BIG BLOCK HONDA...

psst psst... superchargers ADD displacement.... lol

topramn
09-05-2008, 08:10 AM

my 2 cents...

that causes the same problems if he moves up.. so whats the difference?

SlowCivicHmm
09-05-2008, 09:10 AM
that causes the same problems if he moves up.. so whats the difference?

yet there is never a train in de3 because that group knows how to sort stuff out...

topramn
09-05-2008, 09:55 AM
yet there is never a train in de3 because that group knows how to sort stuff out...

cause they can pass in corners..

woody55
09-05-2008, 10:15 AM
Step up to the Race class Ladies, typically has the smallest run groups and you can pass anywhere. Well... I can't, but that is just because I suck at driving.

Anyone got any ideas on how I can drop 80 lbs out of the car in a week without spending any $$$? I started scraping off all the sound deading and undercoating that was left but I don't think that stuff weighs that much...

What time you all showing up to the track? I plan on getting out there Friday afternoon to get a prized garage spot.

SlowCivicHmm
09-05-2008, 10:20 AM
i'd love to build an h2 car...some day...bank roll ain't there...grrr

TA this wiinter I hope...lol

80lbs?? have you cut your doors?? ummm damn thats a lot of weight...lol whats your goal??

I won't be at the track til sat morning...530ish...

topramn
09-05-2008, 10:53 AM
Step up to the Race class Ladies, typically has the smallest run groups and you can pass anywhere. Well... I can't, but that is just because I suck at driving.

Anyone got any ideas on how I can drop 80 lbs out of the car in a week without spending any $$$? I started scraping off all the sound deading and undercoating that was left but I don't think that stuff weighs that much...

What time you all showing up to the track? I plan on getting out there Friday afternoon to get a prized garage spot.

amazingly, sound deading is usually only about 15-20 lbs.. have you removed all your ac and heating components? probably have but worth asking.. i heard h2 now allows plexi windows.. you can get some plexi cheap at home depot and do it yourself.. im sure i will think of more.. pm me what you have done already and i will see if i can think up something else that i didnt mention..

woody55
09-05-2008, 11:03 AM
Pretty much anything that is not needed has been removed, all A/C, heater, P/S, door windows, door panels, weather stripping... everything. H2 min weight is 2400lbs with driver and I'm right about 2500lbs with a half tank of gas, which is the min weight for H4 when we ran there thus the sound deading/undercoating is still on the car. I can do lexan but dont have the $$$ or time to get it done before next weekend.

Anyone know how much the structural support under the hood weighs? Can't imagine it would be more than 5-10lbs... but I could cut it out for FREE!!!

Phantomeg
09-05-2008, 12:31 PM
Pretty much anything that is not needed has been removed, all A/C, heater, P/S, door windows, door panels, weather stripping... everything. H2 min weight is 2400lbs with driver and I'm right about 2500lbs with a half tank of gas, which is the min weight for H4 when we ran there thus the sound deading/undercoating is still on the car. I can do lexan but dont have the $$$ or time to get it done before next weekend.

Anyone know how much the structural support under the hood weighs? Can't imagine it would be more than 5-10lbs... but I could cut it out for FREE!!!

I wouldn't worry so much about weight...Maybe just try to keep that right foot down on the floor longer...A good instructor will gain you faster lap times than taking out an extra 50 lbs...

SlowCivicHmm
09-05-2008, 12:35 PM
I wouldn't worry so much about weight...Maybe just try to keep that right foot down on the floor longer...A good instructor will gain you faster lap times than taking out an extra 50 lbs...

very true phil...

but Eric here is in HC/H2...he needs a min weight to run in race group reguardless of skill.............

woody55
09-05-2008, 12:35 PM

I know the weight will not show up much in lap times but if I can remove it for FREE why not? I do need to work on my driving... I am the slowest part of the car by far. Scott has driven the car a few times and each time went faster than I did that day in just a few laps.

Only thing that really sucks is that race group only gets 3 sessions each day so it really does not give me enough time to tune the car and my driving each weekend.

SlowCivicHmm
09-05-2008, 12:37 PM
hey eric....are you allowed to drop into de3 if need for a shake down if you promise to play nice and the leader clears ya? come run PASA events for extra seat time...thats where I first met ya years ago...

Phantomeg
09-05-2008, 12:43 PM
very true phil...

but Eric here is in HC/H2...he needs a min weight to run in race group reguardless of skill.............

The rules don't say that you can't be over the weight limit...

Phantomeg
09-05-2008, 12:45 PM
hey eric....are you allowed to drop into de3 if need for a shake down if you promise to play nice and the leader clears ya? come run PASA events for extra seat time...thats where I first met ya years ago...

I'll be out at Firebird on Sunday doing some AutoXing also...

topramn
09-05-2008, 12:45 PM
he can drop to de3 but must be cleared by the group leader ahead of time..

BlueTeg
09-05-2008, 01:56 PM
You mean bump UP to DE3?
He's not in 4, so he's not "dropping".

SlowCivicHmm
09-05-2008, 02:07 PM
The rules don't say that you can't be over the weight limit...

true too...lol...

What time does the autox start? I might roll out to PIR tech and drive back to my side of town and take pics at the autox..

cjb
09-05-2008, 02:35 PM
See you guys out there. Just signed up DE3... now to get ahold of gabe and borrow some race rubber...

woody55
09-05-2008, 03:12 PM
I have run in HPDE4/TT before to get extra track time. It was cleared prior to me signing up and I played nice and let the TT cars by as I was just using the track time for car set-up. I would like to do this more but I'm not rich and can't afford to pay for two entry fees per weekend, tires, brakes, etc... I'm sure you guys can understand that!

woody55
09-05-2008, 03:14 PM
You mean bump UP to DE3?
He's not in 4, so he's not "dropping".

Would be dropping to HPDE 4 or 3 from race group. I run in H2 class not HPDE2. Always confuses people between the Honda Challenge classes and HPDE classes...too many H's to keep things straight.

Phantomeg
09-05-2008, 03:42 PM
Would be dropping to HPDE 4 or 3 from race group. I run in H2 class not HPDE2. Always confuses people between the Honda Challenge classes and HPDE classes...too many H's to keep things straight.

Which one is your car??? I don't recognize woody55...

Phantomeg
09-05-2008, 03:43 PM
See you guys out there. Just signed up DE3... now to get ahold of gabe and borrow some race rubber...

I'll be in DE3 with you this time!!!!

BlueTeg
09-05-2008, 04:00 PM

I thought they were talking about the DE Eric shaking down his new car...not Erik Woods the racer. :)

BlueTeg
09-05-2008, 04:01 PM
Which one is your car??? I don't recognize woody55...

Red G3 Integra in race group. Always pits next to Scott Brewer's DA.

SlowCivicHmm
09-05-2008, 04:39 PM
I'm not rich and can't afford to pay for two entry fees per weekend, tires, brakes, etc... I'm sure you guys can understand that!

AMEN!!! can vouch for that!! lol

SlowCivicHmm
09-05-2008, 04:40 PM
Red G3 Integra in race group. Always pits next to Scott Brewer's DA.

Yup...red DC all raced out!! he's missed the summer events but was at PIR in May IIRC

JoshDC2
09-06-2008, 12:43 AM
cars almost god to go guys
ill be on a corner saturday(wont see most of you on track then lol)
and ill be in DE2 sat :)

fmx_dbc
09-06-2008, 12:55 AM
Transmission's done, steering rack's done....Now for the cams next week

woody55
09-06-2008, 08:23 AM
Yep, that's me. Erik Woods with Red DC. Was at the Summer East track event but skipped the West track event.

See you all next week.

dantana
09-06-2008, 09:06 AM
Brett and Gabe are right, Im going to officially be a no show, not quite the last minute though.
paul i dont race anymore cause i cant afford to.
noodles is correct, im really busy and broke with school
sorry to the guys i said id try and help, Im going to be up in UT and CO chasing blue grouse that weekend and freezing my ass off.

Built By Notorious
09-06-2008, 09:45 AM
How much des it cost to do all this? Always wanted to. Just curious.

JoshDC2
09-06-2008, 05:13 PM
http://www.clubracingaz.com/

Kinetic
09-06-2008, 07:09 PM
Brett and Gabe are right, Im going to officially be a no show, not quite the last minute though.
sorry to the guys i said id try and help, Im going to be up in UT and CO chasing blue grouse that weekend and freezing my ass off.

UT and CO trips cant be cheap!!!!!!!

You will be missed sir

PhoenixB16
09-07-2008, 09:17 AM

Dude,you got my respect for what you are doing Dan.You have my dream job. It blowwwwwssss when cash gets tight,but sometimes we have to do what we have to do to get by. on that note,can I borrow your car? rofl.

EG6-DC2
09-07-2008, 02:00 PM
I'll be out at Firebird on Sunday doing some AutoXing also...

Are you for sure? I thouht about doing that again too.

Phantomeg
09-07-2008, 07:36 PM
Are you for sure? I thouht about doing that again too.

Yes...I signed up Friday for the Sunday event...

ILIKETODRIVE
09-07-2008, 07:37 PM
Yes...I signed up Friday for the Sunday event...

I'm gonna make you a sticker to rock at the event. It's gonna be an old man in a wheel chair dodging cones.

JoshDC2
09-07-2008, 09:51 PM
I'm gonna make you a sticker to rock at the event. It's gonna be an old man in a wheel chair dodging cones.

hahahaha i need to see this sticker when its done

flyzlow
09-07-2008, 10:13 PM
What's up what's up ... I'm finally on the check-in

I just got the racecar squared away (as it's gonna get) today, so I should be good to go for next weekend. I'm really looking forward to trying out the B20 against Erik's GSR power. Hopefully I can keep the axles in the transmission this time. The car goes a lot faster that way. I'm really not looking forward to the heat though I really hope that the new oil cooling system will help keep the oil temps under 300, so I don't have a repeat of May where I had to drive around for the whole race shifting at 4500 revs and getting lapped by everyone in my class.

H2 is looking a little light for this weekend. Hopefully Jason will have his car out there. Erik and I will be there for sure. I don't know about the Chez and I know the HASPORT guys will be at Nationals, so count them out. I wish Scotty R would bring that gorgeous little EG out instead of it being a fully prepped garage queen its whole life. I do hate that we only get 3 sessions because by the time you shake down the car in the first session, you're basically out of chances to tune stuff. You don't really want to change anything before qualifying or race if you can help it.

Maybe I can finally throw down some 1:11's in my car in the morning sessions. That's gonna be my goal for the weekend. It might be tough to get there w/o the front splitter though. I keep putting that on the back burner and not getting it done.

SlowCivicHmm
09-07-2008, 10:42 PM
sounds good scott....B20 huh....NIIIICE

So hey...I've been working on a DA!! PITA!! wow...way diff than EG's...haha

topramn
09-08-2008, 07:14 AM
forcasted temps for this coming weekend.. 94 degrees... not too bad if you ask me.. scott, jason is bringing the car to the track but not sure if he is gonna race or not.. he is still recovering from his hernia.. as for rutledge, i hope to see his car show up this weekend as well since it has been rumored that he would be driving..

fmx_dbc
09-08-2008, 08:56 AM
I'd like to see Rutledge's car out there myself. Spent the weekend sorting some bugs out with the car. The gear ratios are awesome and the steering is even better! I can't wait for the weekend. Not sure if I'll have my new cam setup in and tuned...kinda went over budget. If I can get ANOTHER loan I'll get it tuned.

Phantomeg
09-08-2008, 09:54 AM

I'm not in the habit of dodging cones...I usually just run them over...Those damn cones just get in the way...:pissed:

SlowCivicHmm
09-08-2008, 11:28 AM
you'll hurt the CF spoonl ip though.......Robles money will just buy another huh?

cspcrx
09-08-2008, 11:55 AM
My problem is I am lazy. I have no desire to load the car up again on sunday to driver 1 hour each way from the north west valley to drive my car for less then 5 min. 60 min of seat time on saturday will be enough. First time the car will be out with new motor, rad and a bunch of other stuff so Satuday will be a big shack down day.

Vtecracer
09-08-2008, 01:48 PM
I'm not in the habit of dodging cones...I usually just run them over...Those damn cones just get in the way...:pissed:

haha you will also gain a few seconds on the time clock by not hitting those suckers..... I blame 8 inch wide rims... lol :lmao:

Kinetic
09-08-2008, 01:52 PM
haha you will also gain a few seconds on the time clock by not hitting those suckers..... I blame 8 inch wide rims... lol :lmao:

is your car done yet ?

BlueTeg
09-08-2008, 01:53 PM
I heard that Rutledge's car was spotted on the Nurburgring for a shakedown last month by some spy photographers from Road & Track. It was heavily camoflauged so as not to reveal the car's identity.

I'll try and dig up the pics from my computer at home.

I would say that the odds are high he'll have the car ready for this weekend.

Phantomeg
09-08-2008, 01:55 PM

Eight inch rims and NT01's FTW...:grin:

SlowCivicHmm
09-08-2008, 02:11 PM
I heard that Rutledge's car was spotted on the Nurburgring for a shakedown last month by some spy photographers from Road & Track. It was heavily camoflauged so as not to reveal the car's identity.

I'll try and dig up the pics from my computer at home.

I would say that the odds are high he'll have the car ready for this weekend.

old baby blue might be seen at PIR!! SCORE!

SlowCivicHmm
09-08-2008, 02:11 PM
Eight inch rims and NT01's FTW...:grin:

i'm jealous!!

Kinetic
09-08-2008, 02:31 PM
i'm jealous!!

Me too.....

I have 4 doors!

SlowCivicHmm
09-08-2008, 02:54 PM
4 doors = the more to pass you with.........

or...the more to pass between turn 7-9............or late brake 9..hehe

mc_rhett_meister
09-08-2008, 02:56 PM
Hopefully my cage is done in time....

riceboy88
09-08-2008, 03:06 PM
hey phil i may be out there sunday to get some pics of you racing at the auto x event with a different lense hopefully

fmx_dbc
09-08-2008, 03:10 PM
pics Saturday riceboy? I'll be there in DE2. See you on Xbox Live

riceboy88
09-08-2008, 03:13 PM
pics Saturday riceboy? I'll be there in DE2. See you on Xbox Live

no i work every saturday. i wish i could go out there but yea. and im going to try and get into one of these events if they ever have them on a sunday

BlueTeg
09-08-2008, 03:55 PM
Next month they will.

Much nicer weather to spectate too.

fmx_dbc
09-08-2008, 04:25 PM
no i work every saturday. i wish i could go out there but yea. and im going to try and get into one of these events if they ever have them on a sunday

I'll try to make it out Sunday to spectate. Maybe I'll bump into you.

Phantomeg
09-08-2008, 05:00 PM
hey phil i may be out there sunday to get some pics of you racing at the auto x event with a different lense hopefully

Sounds good...Nolan will be at the event also.

We may not run till after lunch so I'll let you know what our schedule is as we get closer to Sunday.

Here's what they have posted for now...We are running with group F.

http://azsolo2.com/details/event20080914.html

SlowCivicHmm
09-08-2008, 05:01 PM
sweet that gives me enough time to roll PIR for the AM session then leave back to my side of the hoood and spectate you hitting cones!!

oh oh phill is getting more seat time...

Phantomeg
09-08-2008, 05:03 PM
sweet that gives me enough time to roll PIR for the AM session then leave back to my side of the hoood and spectate you hitting cones!!

oh oh phill is getting more seat time...

All that seat time is just giving me a BIG ASS...

UMS Tuning Sales
09-08-2008, 05:17 PM
All that seat time is just giving me a BIG ASS...

nothing a few hours of sweating, working the auto-x course wont fix:thumbup:

Phantomeg
09-08-2008, 05:30 PM
nothing a few hours of sweating, working the auto-x course wont fix:thumbup:

Or...A 100 more miles on my road bike...:grin:

riceboy88
09-08-2008, 10:12 PM
Sounds good...Nolan will be at the event also.

We may not run till after lunch so I'll let you know what our schedule is as we get closer to Sunday.

Here's what they have posted for now...We are running with group F.

http://azsolo2.com/details/event20080914.html

sweet. let me know

SlowCivicHmm
09-08-2008, 10:12 PM
sweeet, busy weekend for me...lol

PhoenixR
09-10-2008, 05:43 AM
my car is done -- i'll be there.

http://photos-g.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-snc1/v319/193/56/10048556/n10048556_41451518_4070.jpg

time to do some damage.

tony

fmx_dbc
09-10-2008, 07:27 AM
I'm registered guys!
Can't wait to see how that car performs Tony. Maybe I'll get a few pointers.... BTW what kind of pressures should I start with on those race tires?

PhoenixB16
09-10-2008, 07:34 AM

http://photos-g.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-snc1/v319/193/56/10048556/n10048556_41451518_4070.jpg

time to do some damage.

tony

Yea i tried calling and texting you,with no response.....

Phantomeg
09-10-2008, 07:42 AM

time to do some damage.

tony

It's about time...We thought you retired...

PhoenixR
09-10-2008, 07:48 AM
Yea i tried calling and texting you,with no response.....

yo dude...call me today -- i don't have your new number!

PhoenixR
09-10-2008, 07:49 AM
I'm registered guys!
Can't wait to see how that car performs Tony. Maybe I'll get a few pointers.... BTW what kind of pressures should I start with on those race tires?

what tires? ra1? hankook?

PhoenixB16
09-10-2008, 07:51 AM
yo dude...call me today -- i don't have your new number!

give me your number again fool.

PhoenixR
09-10-2008, 07:54 AM
312 320 5819

SlowCivicHmm
09-10-2008, 09:37 AM
The coupe!!

ILIKETODRIVE
09-10-2008, 10:49 AM
312 320 5819

Chicago area code? :thumbup:

JoshDC2
09-10-2008, 10:51 AM
i always wanted to see an ej1 race car.

mc_rhett_meister
09-10-2008, 11:59 AM
^ you the guy with the PY R? Kakimoto exhaust?

JoshDC2
09-10-2008, 12:13 PM

as far as i know... no.

ILIKETODRIVE
09-10-2008, 01:09 PM

Gay boy, look at his avatar. Does that look like a PY R?

:snookems:

PhoenixR
09-10-2008, 02:00 PM
The coupe!!

yep -- car is about ready to roll. i just need to get it back to junior to add a bar to the cage and take it to UMS for a tune.

JoshDC2
09-10-2008, 02:06 PM
Gay boy, look at his avatar. Does that look like a PY R?

:snookems:

i think i missed something... my exhaust looks like this::pissed:

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee8/joshek4/SV400200.jpg

SlowCivicHmm
09-10-2008, 02:18 PM

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee8/joshek4/SV400200.jpg

yup you aren't a phx yellow aaar!! lol

ILIKETODRIVE
09-10-2008, 02:19 PM

He (Rhett) thought you were the dude that had a Phoenix Yellow ITR.

SlowCivicHmm
09-10-2008, 02:20 PM
yep -- car is about ready to roll. i just need to get it back to junior to add a bar to the cage and take it to UMS for a tune.

can't wait to see it bro....whens the last time you raced?? shake down this event I take it?? H2?? b series? 2 batteries? I can't wait to peep out the cage....I need to start planning for mine...

JoshDC2
09-10-2008, 02:22 PM
He (Rhett) thought you were the dude that had a Phoenix Yellow ITR.

AH! gotcha. Which yellow itr? USDM front or JDM? last event in DE1 there was a JDM front phx yel ITR

PhoenixR
09-10-2008, 02:24 PM
can't wait to see it bro....whens the last time you raced?? shake down this event I take it?? H2?? b series? 2 batteries? I can't wait to peep out the cage....I need to start planning for mine...

i haven't raced since the night enduro.

hopefully the car won't need too much shaking down but i'm sure i'll be chasing down gremlins. the car is an H2 car running a b16. the cage came out really well -- just needs a few last tweaks. junior does sick work!

fmx_dbc
09-10-2008, 02:52 PM
Tony I have the Hankooks from Blumberg. I know they are C51 compound but I'll have to look what model when I get home

SlowCivicHmm
09-10-2008, 02:55 PM
i haven't raced since the night enduro.

hopefully the car won't need too much shaking down but i'm sure i'll be chasing down gremlins. the car is an H2 car running a b16. the cage came out really well -- just needs a few last tweaks. junior does sick work!

thats who will be doing my cage work fo sho!! after seeing boles cage, junior said he'd improve mine for weight.....I might start off with a 4pt since I won't be joining race group quiet yet....just TA-A...or hope too...

need help w/grimlins or an extra set of hands i'll be by tech as always..

mc_rhett_meister
09-10-2008, 03:13 PM
Simon, I was talking to PhoenixR! stupid gaywad

SlowCivicHmm
09-10-2008, 03:14 PM
Simon, I was talking to PhoenixR! stupid gaywad

Tony aka phoenixR used to have a PY R......yes...

Kinetic
09-10-2008, 04:20 PM
Joser...you need a 2nd camshaft before you get a new cage

JoshDC2
09-10-2008, 04:34 PM

Jeremy, i need street tires for the track lol.

SlowCivicHmm
09-10-2008, 04:49 PM

cam this!! lol

SlowCivicHmm
09-10-2008, 04:50 PM
Jeremy, i need street tires for the track lol.

best oxi moron ever!!

JoshDC2
09-10-2008, 04:52 PM

he does have two,
the old one and the new one :cool:

SlowCivicHmm
09-10-2008, 04:53 PM
he does have two,
the old one and the new one :cool:

zing!

my better tranny and weight reduction will be more worth it......plus FREE!!

mc_rhett_meister
09-10-2008, 05:23 PM
If i make this ill be cutting it soooo close, alignment tomorrow AM and roll cage being welded in by Friday evening...

SlowCivicHmm
09-10-2008, 05:52 PM
you can still come hang sweetie...haha

Vtecracer
09-10-2008, 06:20 PM
no bueno for me guys. Still too much to try and get accomplished. Working on the car right now .. exhaust, fluids, cage, seats and rails, catch can, vtec wiring, bulbs, bumper, tow hooks, mirrors, battery, accessories, etc.

Lots of little shit to do. i will be out in the afternoon after work to see you guys. Plus the car still has not been fired, i dont have race rubber yet, and it will need an alignment and tune. soooo

gives me 3 weeks for the october event to make it perfect.

-E-

EG6-DC2
09-10-2008, 09:03 PM
If i make this ill be cutting it soooo close, alignment tomorrow AM and roll cage being welded in by Friday evening...

So I take it you got your brakes figured out?

flyzlow
09-10-2008, 11:14 PM
Sweet Tony!

I was just wondering what had happened to your mythical h2 civic the other day. :) Glad to see it finally came together. Anything I can do to help out with the shakedown this weekend, just let me know.

- Scott

ILIKETODRIVE
09-11-2008, 12:26 AM

The ABS? Uhh..........sure!

fmx_dbc
09-11-2008, 09:13 AM
what's a good starting pressure for Hankook Ventus C51 compound race tires?

EG6-DC2
09-11-2008, 10:04 AM
The ABS? Uhh..........sure!

Yeah his ABS...He was worried sick about it! Did you help him fix it?

woody55
09-11-2008, 10:44 AM
Nice Tony. Glad to see another H2 car out on track. Please let me know if you need any help this weekend.

See you in my rear view mirror....

mc_rhett_meister
09-11-2008, 11:15 AM

Not the ABS, but I was gonna go on track anyways!
No, because of other people being too bus,y I will not have a cage to mount my harnesses correctly and still having a odd vtec hesitation issue. So, overall, its not tip top.
Ill be out there though for some ride alongs!

EG6-DC2
09-11-2008, 12:36 PM
I just went back and looked at the schedule again. What is with the DE2 and DE1 being combined? I have a feeling that this may create a mess out there, as slower DE2 people to do anyways. How many cars will this end up putting out there too?

EG6-DC2
09-11-2008, 12:37 PM
Not the ABS, but I was gonna go on track anyways!
No, because of other people being too bus,y I will not have a cage to mount my harnesses correctly and still having a odd vtec hesitation issue. So, overall, its not tip top.
Ill be out there though for some ride alongs!

ghey....

Why did you take your roll bar out anyways?

JoshDC2
09-11-2008, 12:48 PM
i just went back and looked at the schedule again. What is with the de2 and de1 being combined? I have a feeling that this may create a mess out there, as slower de2 people to do anyways. How many cars will this end up putting out there too?

wah??!

JoshDC2
09-11-2008, 12:52 PM
omg...
the last 3 sessions it will be de1 and de2 together...
de1 drivers will have their flashers on

EG6-DC2
09-11-2008, 01:06 PM
omg...
the last 3 sessions it will be de1 and de2 together...
de1 drivers will have their flashers on

Yeah, I don't get it? Unless there were very little sign ups for each.

The flashers may be on, but that won't get them out of the way. Now I'm not saying all of them will be in the way, but I'm guessing that there may be a couple. Hell, there are a couple of them in DE2 already. Why add more?

mc_rhett_meister
09-11-2008, 01:13 PM
ghey....

Why did you take your roll bar out anyways?

I know youre telling me! I just want the caR done man!
cause it was all messed up and i wanted to weld it in with more points!

Kinetic
09-11-2008, 01:13 PM
Yeah, I don't get it? Unless there were very little sign ups for each.

The flashers may be on, but that won't get them out of the way. Now I'm not saying all of them will be in the way, but I'm guessing that there may be a couple. Hell, there are a couple of them in DE2 already. Why add more?

there are only 4 people in DE 1 ..trust me...it wont fuck up the program

some of you 2 drivers need to move up to 3 anyways

JoshDC2
09-11-2008, 01:24 PM

wow... 4

well it wont make much difference whether im in 2 or 1 lol.

at least the first sessions are seperate so that they will have been on track atleast for the combined sessions

EG6-DC2
09-11-2008, 01:34 PM
I know youre telling me! I just want the caR done man!
cause it was all messed up and i wanted to weld it in with more points!

still ghey....

EG6-DC2
09-11-2008, 01:41 PM

Oh ok, I was thinking that there would be more than that. I guess we can work around 4 people.:tongue:

Well one of us DE2 people has moved up to DE3, but you need Phil kind of money for that! Besides myself and others still in DE2 are too slow for DE3!

topramn
09-11-2008, 02:36 PM
typically de2 holds 35 to 40 cars on track at once at PIR.. last i heard, there was at least 10 spots available in de2 so that should create zero problems. I will watch the de1 drivers thru the day and remove them from the track as needed and give pointers when needed..

dantana
09-11-2008, 03:06 PM
noodles you gonna have the grid nazi with you, i think his name is fingers or something? that guy kicks ass for the club! Everyone have fun and remember to be safe above all else!:bananaman: Im curious to see how Phil likes de3 now that hes not the big fish in the small pond :smoke:
SEE YOU GUYS NEXT MONTH!

JoshDC2
09-11-2008, 04:49 PM
I am SOOOO ready for it to be saturady at 8:40!!!!

Kinetic
09-11-2008, 04:56 PM
noodles you gonna have the grid nazi with you, i think his name is fingers or something? that guy kicks ass for the club! Everyone have fun and remember to be safe above all else!:bananaman: Im curious to see how Phil likes de3 now that hes not the big fish in the small pond :smoke:
SEE YOU GUYS NEXT MONTH!

I'll keep an eye on Phil...LOL

EG6-DC2
09-11-2008, 07:37 PM
typically de2 holds 35 to 40 cars on track at once at PIR.. last i heard, there was at least 10 spots available in de2 so that should create zero problems. I will watch the de1 drivers thru the day and remove them from the track as needed and give pointers when needed..

Sounds good. I was just worried when I first saw that, that the course would be filled with DE1 and would limit the experience out there. But it does not sound like the case.:)

Can you also keep an eye out for that damn Nissan 280Z (or whatever it is) that keeps spilling fuel everywhere when he goes around turns!:pissed:

ILIKETODRIVE
09-11-2008, 08:20 PM
Can you also keep an eye out for that damn Nissan 280Z (or whatever it is) that keeps spilling fuel everywhere when he goes around turns!:pissed:

x2

It's an old white Datsun 240Z. The owner/driver always comes up with some bullshit excuse.
-At FIR East it was that he was full on gas. SO FUCKING WHAT! If your car wasn't a piece of shit, it wouldn't spill gas, PERIOD.
-At FIR West he said his gas cap was bad. FUCK THAT HALF-ASSED BULLSHIT ANSWER.

If he is there and passes tech, is still spilling gas and doesn't get black flagged, I'm going straight to whoever I need to go to so that he isn't allowed back on track.

SlowCivicHmm
09-11-2008, 08:31 PM
x2

It's an old white Datsun 240Z. The owner/driver always comes up with some bullshit excuse.
-At FIR East it was that he was full on gas. SO FUCKING WHAT! If your car wasn't a piece of shit, it wouldn't spill gas, PERIOD.

If he is there and passes tech, is still spilling gas and doesn't get black flagged, I'm going straight to whoever I need to go to so that he isn't allowed back on track.

I as a tech official (me and jon) pointed that out when I was on track doing a ride along....pointed it out to corner workers as we did laps on west.........I was choking on the fumes and i coulda been a bad stuation if it ever ignited.....yet he was allowed to finish the sesssion with no issue...

Still nothing was done about it I don't think...he was back out in next session....its called a BLACK flag and go home....

gas on hot brakes....instant FIRE if there is metalic sparks from the compound of brakes he was running.....I dunno, I tech in the am and till the pm if I see any issues...but thats me...

In tech's defense...we don't check the gas tank or cap.....but I'll make sure to ask him or let Ward know...

mc_rhett_meister
09-11-2008, 09:35 PM
Ill personally give that guy a BJ if he spills anymore gas. Maybe a rusty trombone as well, if he is real naughty

SlowCivicHmm
09-11-2008, 10:00 PM
come meet us at tech..we'll point him out to ya and let ya do your thang...haha

JoshDC2
09-11-2008, 10:07 PM
arent many 280z's lol

topramn
09-11-2008, 11:00 PM
x2

if there is an issue with gas spillage, find your group leader, address it with him or find a tech official.. what can corner workers do? they are on corners..

Phantomeg
09-12-2008, 07:13 AM
I'll keep an eye on Phil...LOL

Don't you guy's worry about me...I'll be fine...Look out for those other ASS HOLES!!!

fmx_dbc
09-12-2008, 07:47 AM
haha "Clear a path people!!!"
I'm soooo ready to drive!

JoshDC2
09-12-2008, 08:19 AM
haha "Clear a path people!!!"
I'm soooo ready to drive!

x5784580272

EG6-DC2
09-12-2008, 08:22 AM
if there is an issue with gas spillage, find your group leader, address it with him or find a tech official.. what can corner workers do? they are on corners..

This has been brought up to the group leaders before. This is where the guy comes up with some BS excuse. Fluids on the track are dangerous and the fact that it comes gushing out in turns only makes it worse. Then there is the fact that I don't want it dumping all over my car and possibly coming in the windows, seeing that they are down. Oh well, enough of that hopefully the guy has it fixed this event.

Is it Saturday yet?

mc_rhett_meister
09-12-2008, 11:31 AM
When can I wake up in your arms?

Kinetic
09-12-2008, 11:40 AM
This has been brought up to the group leaders before. This is where the guy comes up with some BS excuse. Fluids on the track are dangerous and the fact that it comes gushing out in turns only makes it worse. Then there is the fact that I don't want it dumping all over my car and possibly coming in the windows, seeing that they are down. Oh well, enough of that hopefully the guy has it fixed this event.

Is it Saturday yet?

I will personally remove the driver from the session if he is spilling fluids...................

just let me know guys

cspcrx
09-12-2008, 12:16 PM
Oh ok, I was thinking that there would be more than that. I guess we can work around 4 people.:tongue:

Well one of us DE2 people has moved up to DE3, but you need Phil kind of money for that! Besides myself and others still in DE2 are too slow for DE3!

Its not a race so it doesnt matter. If your skill level is there you will be aware of faster cars coming up on you and do the right thing and give them the point to pass. My car, little ol 86 CRX, isnt fast and I found DE3 very comfortable. Lots of curtousy and drivers who know how to handle their cars.

EG6-DC2
09-12-2008, 01:13 PM
When can I wake up in your arms?

When you decide to come stay the night!:sucker:

EG6-DC2
09-12-2008, 02:37 PM
Its not a race so it doesnt matter. If your skill level is there you will be aware of faster cars coming up on you and do the right thing and give them the point to pass. My car, little ol 86 CRX, isnt fast and I found DE3 very comfortable. Lots of curtousy and drivers who know how to handle their cars.

I realize that it isn't a race. I just worry at my level that I would be the guy holding people up and then be the one getting complained about. Maybe one day when I reach Phil's level of driving, then I too can move up to DE3. Until then, I will just keep complaining about the newbs holding me up! :grin:

cspcrx
09-12-2008, 03:04 PM
I hear what your saying. I dont know you but its actually admirable that your thinking about others like that. Rage on about the newbs. LOL

EG6-DC2
09-12-2008, 03:30 PM
I hear what your saying. I dont know you but its actually admirable that your thinking about others like that. Rage on about the newbs. LOL

Hey everyone is out there to have a good time, I just hate when people's ego's get in the way and ruin other people's experiences

Oh and I am the one who drives the silver 4dr turd of an ITR that Phil made a thread of, right below this one.

Vtecracer
09-12-2008, 03:34 PM
Hey guys just remember to bring up any issues with the DOWNLOAD session. If you don't speak up then nothing can be done. Also remember to watch your mirrors. If you don't look in your mirrors then you don't know your holding anyone up and then when that person dive bombs you to get past you and show you they are there some complain that he or she is dive bombing/passing late...etc. Watch your mirrors and drive safe people. I don't want to see any of our HONDA guys get hurt or the cars get hurt because of unsafe driving on track. Just control your frustration and discuss it in downloads. I wish the best of luck to you all and be safe. I will come visit in the afternoon.

UMS Tuning Sales
09-12-2008, 03:52 PM
mmmmmmmmm race day...

PhoenixR's H2 car is here now...let the tuning commence

EG6-DC2
09-12-2008, 04:00 PM
Hey guys just remember to bring up any issues with the DOWNLOAD session. If you don't speak up then nothing can be done. Also remember to watch your mirrors. If you don't look in your mirrors then you don't know your holding anyone up and then when that person dive bombs you to get past you and show you they are there some complain that he or she is dive bombing/passing late...etc. Watch your mirrors and drive safe people. I don't want to see any of our HONDA guys get hurt or the cars get hurt because of unsafe driving on track. Just control your frustration and discuss it in downloads. I wish the best of luck to you all and be safe. I will come visit in the afternoon.

LOL. The last time something was brought up in a download, I thought Phil was going to get attacked! The guy got his panties in a wad b/c he said Phil was divebombing him in the straights! Talk about an oxymoron! Divebombing in the straightaways is not possible, I'm guessing he just didn't like getting passed!:rflmao:

UMS Tuning Sales
09-12-2008, 04:02 PM
thats what the downloads are for...if there is an issue take it up with the group leader afterwards...unfortunately some people take criticism the wrong way and are easily offended

With the teg...alot of vette and bMW owners got pissed because I was faster than them in HPDE2

SlowCivicHmm
09-12-2008, 04:17 PM
LOL. The last time something was brought up in a download, I thought Phil was going to get attacked! The guy got his panties in a wad b/c he said Phil was divebombing him in the straights! Talk about an oxymoron! Divebombing in the straightaways is not possible, I'm guessing he just didn't like getting passed!:rflmao:

I've been told I drive too closely to other cars...muahahaha thats an oxy moron right there...:clap:

and eric it wasn't you, thats when we first met.....others have told me aswell....u one of my honda nigguhs...no worries..haha :tits:

SlowCivicHmm
09-12-2008, 04:18 PM
mmmmmmmmm race day...

PhoenixR's H2 car is here now...let the tuning commence

how bout the orange/black h2 hardparker I see all the time.....??