PDA

View Full Version : P06 for Vtec????

RudysImports
08-28-2008, 05:07 PM
I have a P06 ecu, i was looking for a p28 for vtec, but ran into a few articles, stating that the
P06 can be converted for Vtec?? Is this true? Is it a hard/expensive conversion, or am I better off buying a p28?

onefst91hatch
08-28-2008, 05:10 PM
yes it is true. contact Tim @ Xact Dyno. he will help you out. and for a good price.

RudysImports
08-31-2008, 12:26 PM
is there a "how to" do the conversion if I buy the kit myself?
Exat dyno charges $50 for labor and $20 for the kit
built by notorious charges $120 for the conversion I dont know what happened there???

If I cant do it myself, it looks like I'm better off just buying a P28....

ILIKETODRIVE
09-01-2008, 11:30 AM
Ask Built By Notorious if he also sockets the ECU for that total price. My guess is yes.

xactdyno
09-16-2008, 05:45 PM
you're putting 2 prices together, but you kind of can't do one without the other.
it's $50 to socket the ecu. this makes it ready for hondata or any other chippable system. you also get a re-programmable chip with any basemap you need.
THEN, since you need vtec, the cost of the parts to add it and the installation is another $20.
now you could just add the vtec, but the stock tune would never engage them so....
you can also buy just the parts from me for $25+$10.
but trying this yourself is SEVERELY NOT RECOMMENDED.
it's one thing to solder, something else entirely to desolder.
hope that helps.
tim

RudysImports
10-30-2008, 09:58 AM
you're putting 2 prices together, but you kind of can't do one without the other.
it's $50 to socket the ecu. this makes it ready for hondata or any other chippable system. you also get a re-programmable chip with any basemap you need.
THEN, since you need vtec, the cost of the parts to add it and the installation is another $20.
now you could just add the vtec, but the stock tune would never engage them so....
you can also buy just the parts from me for $25+$10.
but trying this yourself is SEVERELY NOT RECOMMENDED.
it's one thing to solder, something else entirely to desolder.
hope that helps.
tim

Yeah I know that know, I think I will be contacting you soon. I im am almost done putting together all my parts for my turbo set up, for a stock z6(for now) that I have on the shell I bought from you. So Im going to want to have it tuned, and not just go a blow it around the corner...