PDA

View Full Version : obd0 to obd1 swap

rez/gsr
09-04-2008, 02:48 PM
im running a gsr motor with the obd0 ecu but i want to upgrade to the obd1 what would be better a p72 ecu or hondata ecu and something like this could i do it my self or is it more dificult the a jumper into the new ecu?

my99ctr
09-04-2008, 03:42 PM
p72 or p30 with a hondata s300 would be a great set up for you. I'm currently using a p30 with a hondata s300 I have no complaints as for you being able to do the obd0 to obd1 on your own I don't know your skill level so its hard to say

street dreams
09-05-2008, 08:37 PM
i would say go w/ the p72 only becuase it has the knock board. and that would help u if u are trying to tune it yourself w/ the hondata s300.

my99ctr
09-08-2008, 11:10 AM
p30 also has knock

street dreams
09-10-2008, 08:30 PM
yeah but u.s p30 are rare

xactdyno
09-15-2008, 05:22 PM
if you do hondata, EVERY tuner will disable the knock board. this is because you can't just see what it is doing, it's either fully active or off. on top of that, it's set for that engine and that engine only and for no mods. cams especially will make it go nuts.
and i don't understand this what ecu is better? how does this make sense???? you're programming it with hondata!!! you can put whatever you want on the ecu. so the ONLY ecu that could possibly be better would be a p72 and then ONLY if you have a gsr intake manifold with a working iab system. AND it's possible to add iab control to ANY programmable obd 1 ecu. so really, buy the cheapest programmable obd 1 ecu you can. then if you need to add vtec or iab or boost control, do it when the s300 or even s100 is being socketed. done. simple.

onefst91hatch
09-15-2008, 05:28 PM
if you do hondata, EVERY tuner will disable the knock board. this is because you can't just see what it is doing, it's either fully active or off. on top of that, it's set for that engine and that engine only and for no mods. cams especially will make it go nuts.
and i don't understand this what ecu is better? how does this make sense???? you're programming it with hondata!!! you can put whatever you want on the ecu. so the ONLY ecu that could possibly be better would be a p72 and then ONLY if you have a gsr intake manifold with a working iab system. AND it's possible to add iab control to ANY programmable obd 1 ecu. so really, buy the cheapest programmable obd 1 ecu you can. then if you need to add vtec or iab or boost control, do it when the s300 or even s100 is being socketed. done. simple.

listen to Tim. he knows his shit. he burned me a basemap for my car and it runs awesome. cant wait to get it all together and get it tuned by him on 25 PSI!!