PDA

View Full Version : MAP sensor question

mixedCRX
09-08-2008, 07:45 PM
i want to know for when i turbo my engine its a b-series obd-1 would it be ok to use a "missing link" the little thing that goes in between the manifold and map or go with a 1 or 2 bar map cuz i wont be able to use the stock one unless i use the missing link right

taggart_lumpy
09-09-2008, 03:31 AM
please go with an aftermarket map sensor and get you car properly tuned?

i can get you setup with a new map and get you in the right direction for tuning also

mixedCRX
09-09-2008, 06:03 PM
cool i will :thumbup:

*inFamous*
09-11-2008, 07:15 AM
Listen to taggart :)

Missing links are a PAIN and very unreliable :(

Tune ftw :)

FranktheTank
09-14-2008, 10:47 AM
Listen to taggart :)

Missing links are a PAIN and very unreliable :(

Tune ftw :)

very very true!

Locash ftw

mixedCRX
09-14-2008, 04:30 PM
so i heard that my stock map will be good to ~14psi if you know this to be wrong tell me, im not planing on going higher then that so a good tune and the right parts would keep me safe right and anyone heard of Xact Dyno i found out about them well heard of them this weekend i havent talked to eather yet but would like to try and get the best tune any ideas?

xactdyno
09-15-2008, 05:51 PM
stock map sensor will read to approx 11-12 psi. after that, the ecu is not aware or any more boost. unless you intent to go higher than that, then you can use the stock sensor.
but since you started this thread talking about a missing link, then it doesn't really matter because you only use a missing link on a stock ecu. if you're tuning, you WANT the ecu to see the boost, not hide it like the missing does.
you also can't use anything but a STOCK map sensor on a stock ecu.
turbo+ML+FMU = ghetto.
hondata is as cheap as $195 now and you can do nearly anything using the stock ecu.
LMK,
tim

mixedCRX
09-16-2008, 11:45 AM
thanks ima give you guys a call tomorrow

BLWNB18
09-17-2008, 04:52 PM
I would say if you are going to leave the engine be and are just going to boost 7-8 psi then the factory should be ok, as long as you don't get bad boost spikes or boost creep. If you plan on running anymore than 7-8 psi on a turbo, it is a good idea to get one that reads 3 bar( that is 2bar above atmosphere ~28psi). If you rely on a 2bar you may spike out of range and can have some issues with tuning and driveability. When it comes to fuel management you should never cheap out.

mixedCRX
09-18-2008, 12:58 PM
I was planing on a walbaro and 750cc injectors and a fuel rail