PDA

View Full Version : Hi, im new to the site, looking for some guidance with my tegra right now. Much appreciated.

Turbopowertegra
09-13-2008, 07:46 PM
So right now i have a 1999 ls vtec integra. Im having some trouble with the turbo, i have low compression pistons and am running around 7lbs. I think its the turbo but i also can tell im running SUPER rich right now. im considering ripping of the turbo and go N/A. what u guys think? any replies are appreciated.

BABY J
09-13-2008, 07:53 PM
I think you need a wideband --- www.zeitronix.com (http://www.zeitronix.com)

ORRR, you need to spring for an hour of dyno time. What are u running for tuning? Please don't say a chipped ECU, and please don't say an FMU. We need more details kind sir.

Turbopowertegra
09-13-2008, 08:01 PM
I just bought the car yesterday, it was kind of an impulse buy. i got it for a steal cuz i was looking for a project car so i can learn some more. Ive always driven honda's and this was my oppurtunity to have a car to work on.Not really sure what im running for tuning, cuz ive never heard that before. hondadata maybe? im not real sure if that is an answer but i know that i have hondadata if that helps. lol i wish i could help u help me a little more right now. any other questions i could maybe reply to to help?

BABY J
09-13-2008, 08:06 PM
You need to get the car to a performance shop for a once over - u could have a potent package w/ a lil help or you could have a POS. You don't sound too sure of what you bought --- and that could spell trouble. At the minimum you need a wideband on the car... and for AZ climate an EGT gauge as well. And since you have an LS/V, an oil psi guage as well. Have you pulled the plugs and read them? Does the car have a boost gauge?

Turbopowertegra
09-13-2008, 08:34 PM
yes it has air to fuel, oil pressure and boost. negative on the plugs as of now. I drove it to addictive racing today to hopefully order some parts and talk about some dyno time. im thinking im gonna pull off the turbo all together for now and maybe go to boost a little later down the road.

BABY J
09-13-2008, 09:03 PM
Why would you do that? That's retarded --- is ur A/F gauge a wideband?

rudsone
09-13-2008, 09:07 PM
go to locash or extact.

those are the two best honda tuners in az, without a doubt.

~NiNa ek9~
09-13-2008, 11:10 PM
Bump bump bump

*inFamous*
09-13-2008, 11:29 PM
go to locash or UMS.

those are the two best honda tuners in az, without a doubt.

Fixed :):thumbsup:

INTEGRA DC2
09-14-2008, 12:33 AM
Fixed :):thumbsup:

X2 these are the best in my book

FranktheTank
09-14-2008, 10:30 AM
You need to get the car to a performance shop for a once over - u could have a potent package w/ a lil help or you could have a POS. You don't sound too sure of what you bought --- and that could spell trouble. At the minimum you need a wideband on the car... and for AZ climate an EGT gauge as well. And since you have an LS/V, an oil psi guage as well. Have you pulled the plugs and read them? Does the car have a boost gauge?

Yeah bring it to a good shop to look it over.
Make sure everything is in good working order and is working toegther, not against eachother.

llteddy4playll
09-15-2008, 09:11 PM
get it tuned