PDA

View Full Version : new 2 azht n lots of questions

96eKnDAwrks
09-24-2008, 10:18 PM
A "que hONDA way?" 2 evry 1 in advance. that means hi or what's up in spanish. but i just got a ek shell n need sum ideas on a power plant. my plans are 2 go to boostin what ever i put in. n/e ideas?

IntegraDA
09-24-2008, 10:21 PM
erm wrong section buddy.

94gay-lude
09-24-2008, 10:24 PM
A "que hONDA way?" 2 evry 1 in advance. that means hi or what's up in spanish. but i just got a ek shell n need sum ideas on a power plant. my plans are 2 go to boostin what ever i put in. n/e ideas?

what?

(ibl)

4dr
09-25-2008, 08:05 AM
I say you go with b20 boosted or all motor gsr..

EMPYRE
09-25-2008, 08:23 AM

who the hell are U???!! and why u saying u knw me better than i think ? and u have an ek shell? i hope its not white...

raldava
09-25-2008, 09:43 AM
I say you go with b20 boosted or all motor gsr..
Or maybe a K if it's in your budget :thumbup:
who the hell are U???!! and why u saying u knw me better than i think ? and u have an ek shell? i hope its not white...

Easy there Buddy. It's just my cousin who was actually talking to me saying that he knew me but he's new to AZHT so he doesn't know how to use the quote button yet.

EMPYRE
09-25-2008, 09:56 AM

Easy there Buddy. It's just my cousin who was actually talking to me saying that he knew me but he's new to AZHT so he doesn't know how to use the quote button yet.

oh my bad.. sorry about that.

vfc ceo
09-25-2008, 10:01 AM

what cousin???

cause he sent me a message on my profile.. and im like what???

is this McNuny????

raldava
09-25-2008, 12:47 PM
what cousin???

cause he sent me a message on my profile.. and im like what???

is this McNuny????

yes this is the one and only Nunie

FranktheTank
09-25-2008, 06:47 PM
Man K ftw!
and Boost that shit!

turbo4dr
09-25-2008, 07:24 PM
depending on your budget, you can make plenty of power

96eKnDAwrks
09-26-2008, 04:29 PM
well bugjet aint all that great right now. but after talking to some guys at JBA motors. he said i go with a B20 block n my pic of B18 LS vtech or GSR head. plus this will save me sum much needed $$$$$ with mounts n wireing n crap. n yes this is my first honda. im just now going to start to expand my knowledge on everything about them. i was a V8 nut, b4 but gas $$$ prices changed my mind. i luv power. with whatever i end up doing i plan 2b in the 3-400 whp range. thats a big goal, i guess. Oh yea n yes this is NUNIE. n/e 1 knw about the avrg cost for a roll cage? but yea n/e ways. i guess ima b looking for a B20 blk n a B18LSvtech head. yea yea i knw big project. i may b needing sum help. but i guess thats what u guys r here for, right? i hope.

96eKnDAwrks
09-26-2008, 04:32 PM
i saw an ek lik mine 2day. with a b18 boosted making 1000whp. that shit was clean. not 2 mention loud as n airplane.but that was crazy. thesse guys really knw what they r talking about. i guess.

96eKnDAwrks
09-26-2008, 04:33 PM
oh n the shell is red. n sorry 4 da confution

4dr_ed3
09-27-2008, 02:06 PM
well bugjet aint all that great right now. but after talking to some guys at JBA motors. he said i go with a B20 block n my pic of B18 LS vtech or GSR head. plus this will save me sum much needed $$$$$ with mounts n wireing n crap. n yes this is my first honda. im just now going to start to expand my knowledge on everything about them. i was a V8 nut, b4 but gas $$$ prices changed my mind. i luv power. with whatever i end up doing i plan 2b in the 3-400 whp range. thats a big goal, i guess. Oh yea n yes this is NUNIE. n/e 1 knw about the avrg cost for a roll cage? but yea n/e ways. i guess ima b looking for a B20 blk n a B18LSvtech head. yea yea i knw big project. i may b needing sum help. but i guess thats what u guys r here for, right? i hope.

thats not how you spell it foolio is VTEC not VTECH!! and an ls vtec is a ls b18 with any vtec head i.e. a gsr head or b16 there isnt a lsvtec head lsvtec is what you get from a vtec motor and a none vtec motor

turbo_ek97
09-28-2008, 04:49 PM
go gsr boosted. but build the motor first

FranktheTank
09-28-2008, 05:19 PM
go gsr boosted. but build the motor first

Why Build a boosted daily driver b18?

It will produce plenty of power all stock on boost

96eKnDAwrks
09-28-2008, 05:47 PM
yea but not enough to hit 400whp. plus it would only be a short time b4 i would run into prob's with the stock internals.

raldava
09-28-2008, 09:37 PM
thats not how you spell it foolio is VTEC not VTECH!! and an ls vtec is a ls b18 with any vtec head i.e. a gsr head or b16 there isnt a lsvtec head lsvtec is what you get from a vtec motor and a none vtec motor

Easy there tiger. He's a noob. hahaha

FranktheTank
09-29-2008, 02:37 PM
yea but not enough to hit 400whp. plus it would only be a short time b4 i would run into prob's with the stock internals.

Do you realize how fast 400hp is?

Thats track car status....

96eKnDAwrks
09-29-2008, 07:58 PM
i would only be doin lik 10's or 11's with slicks. i just met a guy who hit 324whp with a mildly built b18 on boost.

96eKnDAwrks
09-29-2008, 08:00 PM
and......... YEA LEAVE ME ALONE........... im still new to da honda world. lol hahaha. but i learn quick.

Dead Bird
09-29-2008, 08:55 PM
well, i got really irritated TRYING to read all the posts, and totally forgot what i was going to say.

sorry.

prolly woulda been useless info anyways.

raldava
09-30-2008, 03:26 PM
Forget the boost homeboy. Just drop in a "K" and a little motor work and WA-LAH 10's or 11's on slicks. All Motor Buddy. Sorry I know you want boost but i'm not a big fan of boost. It's NA for me baby

FranktheTank
09-30-2008, 06:20 PM
i would only be doin lik 10's or 11's with slicks. i just met a guy who hit 324whp with a mildly built b18 on boost.

Really thats very quick.
Big Will's Eg6 ( the Fast eg in Az) Ran 10's the last I knew and his was a 680hp turbo b18....

EPthree04
09-30-2008, 07:03 PM
omg this thread is rediculous! so many people with so little knowledge. its like talking to animals.

a k20 or k24 in an eg with minor engine mods will NOT run 10s.
anything in the 10 to 11sec range to run the 1/4 mile in is fucking fast and not necessarily easy to accomplish.
400whp for a daily driver is fucking rediculous on a honda and just not realistic.
a b18 ls/vtec is a hybrid motor.... not a cylinder head.
honda has never used the letter "h" on the spelling of vtec.

96eKnDAwrks
10-01-2008, 12:08 AM
omg this thread is rediculous! so many people with so little knowledge. its like talking to animals.

anything in the 10 to 11sec range to run the 1/4 mile in is fucking fast and not necessarily easy to accomplish.
400whp for a daily driver is fucking rediculous on a honda and just not realistic.

DAMMM so much for being nice, @$$. if you read the begining i said im new. never had never wrkd on never did nothing on a honda. remind me never 2 ask you for shit. n who the FUCK said it would be a daily driver. n if it is....... so fucking what. oh yea n thanks for all the help in repeating what others had just said earlier. dumb ass.:pissed:

96eKnDAwrks
10-01-2008, 12:11 AM
sorry i cussed. but dam. mister i knw it all gots 2 mak a guy feel lik shit. doode you really suck. all my bro's n cuz n friends say this is a great forum n i got 2 deal with peps lik you. W.T.F.

FranktheTank
10-01-2008, 02:47 PM
sorry i cussed. but dam. mister i knw it all gots 2 mak a guy feel lik shit. doode you really suck. all my bro's n cuz n friends say this is a great forum n i got 2 deal with peps lik you. W.T.F.

It is a Great forum, But you must be realistic with goals and your low knowledge level.
You don't know anything, Nor do I.
Learn as you read and keep things to yourself.
As simple as that.

The God Damn Batman
10-01-2008, 02:56 PM
calm down man.. i know your irritated but it will get better.

FranktheTank
10-01-2008, 03:04 PM
calm down man.. i know your irritated but it will get better.

Thats what I'm sayin...
He's gettin all angry and such

raldava
10-01-2008, 03:11 PM
Really thats very quick.
Big Will's Eg6 ( the Fast eg in Az) Ran 10's the last I knew and his was a 680hp turbo b18....
Yeah Big Wills car is fast! VERY FAST!

Yeah i was exadurating a bit thats all. No need to get your panties all twisted up Bro.

FranktheTank
10-01-2008, 03:13 PM
Yeah Big Wills car is fast! VERY FAST!

Yeah i was exadurating a bit thats all. No need to get your panties all twisted up Bro.

From what i last heard he is runnin over 700hp now on a re-tune and such.

that shit is BEASTLY!:grin:

raldava
10-01-2008, 04:49 PM
From what i last heard he is runnin over 700hp now on a re-tune and such.

that shit is BEASTLY!:grin:

DAMN thats freakin crazy. Haven't seen that dude in years but I keep hearing good things about his ride

96eKnDAwrks
10-01-2008, 04:55 PM
it's not that i hav no knwldge of cars but he made it seem lik 400hp for a car was lik imposible. my truck dose 350hp n i knw of cars that from the factory 4oo+ hp. i can list them but i wont. i did say i am new to hondas not all cars in general. oh n im not getting angry, but how would you feel if you were new to the forum n you had set a goal for what you are trying to acomplish, n some 1 come's out and bash's you for making that your goal? n me not to say anything, i thought we was all here to help one another reach our goals with our cars. All im saying is that hey if you got experiance's share them, if you hav da knowledge pass it on, but just cuz you personally hav gone through or cuz you knw somethin, it dosent help to kill other's goals. all i said was i wanted to be between 3-400hp i didn't say 100,000,000hp.

96eKnDAwrks
10-01-2008, 04:59 PM
you knw smash on evo's or subarooo's

FranktheTank
10-02-2008, 05:50 AM
it's not that i hav no knwldge of cars but he made it seem lik 400hp for a car was lik imposible. my truck dose 350hp n i knw of cars that from the factory 4oo+ hp. i can list them but i wont. i did say i am new to hondas not all cars in general. oh n im not getting angry, but how would you feel if you were new to the forum n you had set a goal for what you are trying to acomplish, n some 1 come's out and bash's you for making that your goal? n me not to say anything, i thought we was all here to help one another reach our goals with our cars. All im saying is that hey if you got experiance's share them, if you hav da knowledge pass it on, but just cuz you personally hav gone through or cuz you knw somethin, it dosent help to kill other's goals. all i said was i wanted to be between 3-400hp i didn't say 100,000,000hp.

Yeah but theres a thing called power to weight ratio.
Honda's weighing nothing and having 400hp really gets them moving.

A corvette having 505hp and weighing almost 3,000lbs Still gets goin but it could be faster if it were lighter.

Just get with things, Read and learn.
Not Complain.:grin:

JDM_ChIcK
10-02-2008, 07:09 AM
I see both sides. The guys on here are trying to teach you shit about hondas... even though their saying it in a dickhead kind of way lol... its just a little tough love,, you'll get used to it, eventually... i did lol... good luck with whatever you end up doing to your ek

JDM_ChIcK
10-02-2008, 07:19 AM
Yeah but theres a thing called power to weight ratio.
Honda's weighing nothing and having 400hp really gets them moving.

A corvette having 505hp and weighing almost 3,000lbs Still gets goin but it could be faster if it were lighter.

Just get with things, Read and learn.
Not Complain.:grin:

x2... that truck has 350 hp but that shit weights alot more than a ek... so of course an ek or really any honda is going to be hauling ass... to me that just seems like common knowledge though lol

96eKnDAwrks
10-02-2008, 07:50 AM
i get what you guys are saying now. yes i knw it would be fast. but i really would only be going fast at the track. truthfuly!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My wife of 4 going on 5 yrs just had our first 2mnths ago. I want to liv to see him grow. you knw just hav a car that will tak up from a to b and ripp others a new 1 on the track.

You see it's a lot more diff. feeling when you use that type of tone. it dosent feel lik your attacking. thanks.

F40
10-02-2008, 08:40 AM
i get what you guys are saying now. yes i knw it would be fast. but i really would only be going fast at the track. truthfuly!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My wife of 4 going on 5 yrs just had our first 2mnths ago. I want to liv to see him grow. you knw just hav a car that will tak up from a to b and ripp others a new 1 on the track.

You see it's a lot more diff. feeling when you use that type of tone. it dosent feel lik your attacking. thanks.

Please, take an English class.

Second, 400hp daily driven is just crazy, sure you could do it, but why? You won't be able to use any of that power on the street, and the wear and tear on your motor will be pretty high since you'll likely be in boost constantly.

A coworker of mine used to daily drive a 420whp hatch and little misc. things here and there would break, or it would float valves.

Just get a D16Z6 or Y8, tuner toys rods and grand vitara pistons with a little headwork and a cam, and then some boost and you will make 350whp easy, and have more torque than a b-series.

FranktheTank
10-02-2008, 11:22 AM
Please, take an English class.

Second, 400hp daily driven is just crazy, sure you could do it, but why? You won't be able to use any of that power on the street, and the wear and tear on your motor will be pretty high since you'll likely be in boost constantly.

A coworker of mine used to daily drive a 420whp hatch and little misc. things here and there would break, or it would float valves.

Just get a D16Z6 or Y8, tuner toys rods and grand vitara pistons with a little headwork and a cam, and then some boost and you will make 350whp easy, and have more torque than a b-series.

Exactly.

Discussion ended.

96eKnDAwrks
10-02-2008, 02:05 PM
ok???????? see that was a lil bit better you explain y you feel that way, not just blow up on peeps man. thank you for that info. what car dose that motor come in? is it sohc dohc? well you said a cam so single. ok what do you think the cost would be for a swap lik that. n how much boost would hav 2b ran to hit the 300 mark? see this is why i asked for sugjestions. i havnt really said what motor i was guning for. this kind of info really helps. thnks.

96eKnDAwrks
10-02-2008, 02:07 PM

see im asking for help n ideas.:offtopic2:

FranktheTank
10-02-2008, 05:19 PM
ok???????? see that was a lil bit better you explain y you feel that way, not just blow up on peeps man. thank you for that info. what car dose that motor come in? is it sohc dohc? well you said a cam so single. ok what do you think the cost would be for a swap lik that. n how much boost would hav 2b ran to hit the 300 mark? see this is why i asked for sugjestions. i havnt really said what motor i was guning for. this kind of info really helps. thnks.

What Type Of car do you have?

If it is any generation of civic it comes stock with a D series unless its a Si.

A D16y8 comes stock in a 99-00 Civic Ex.
D16z6 comes from a 92-95 Civic Si.

And To hit the 300 mark or so, You would need Some tuner toys rods($250), Low compression pistons($150-A few hundred), Walboro 255 Fuel pump, A good Turbo Kit(Or a nicely built turbo set up [Recommended]), And a NIce Locash Tune.
Total= About two grand if you don't have to swap the motor and do your own work on the install.

Total(with Motor swap+and all turbo install done yourself)=$2,500

Total (With everything done for you)=$3,000

If you spend that much you might as well swap a B or H series into depending on your vehicle and boost that!

F40
10-03-2008, 06:34 PM
B-swap alone is 1.5-3K easy, plus 1K for the turbo kit if pieced together.

BlownspeakerBoX
10-03-2008, 06:57 PM
the thread has to many feelings.and is so unrealistic..good luck making your 10 second grocery getter

FranktheTank
10-04-2008, 12:49 PM
the thread has to many feelings.and is so unrealistic..good luck making your 10 second grocery getter

Yes It does.
But Thats why we need to :offtopic2:

atomicx
10-04-2008, 01:27 PM
lol if you really wanna get the fellas on this forum on there feet, you should do a F20c swap with headwork and ITB's, in your EK. that shit would be soooooooo fucken sick.

Crasy
10-04-2008, 01:48 PM
ok get a gsr block
low cp pistons, with h bems
a b16 head with sk2 turbo cams
val trian, and port and polish the head
255 fuel pump
a nice top mount turbo kit
you'll have a 400whp poor mans type r
oh but it must be tuned

FranktheTank
10-04-2008, 02:53 PM
lol if you really wanna get the fellas on this forum on there feet, you should do a F20c swap with headwork and ITB's, in your EK. that shit would be soooooooo fucken sick.

Best Idea yet!

KevinBoosted
10-05-2008, 08:44 PM
f20c?

4dr_ed3
10-07-2008, 01:25 PM
i already knew foo that you wer gonna get put on blast on here.... i forgot to mention b4 you came on the site to watch how you post or you would get eatin alive and made fun of like crazy but i was to late... my advice from a younger brother to an lder one would be just ignore all the dumb ppl and dont listen to all the bullshit cuz they want that stuff to get to you dont even reply to it half the ppl on here are high schoolers and kids who have big mouths

FranktheTank
10-07-2008, 10:14 PM
f20c?

S2000 motor!

i already knew foo that you wer gonna get put on blast on here.... i forgot to mention b4 you came on the site to watch how you post or you would get eatin alive and made fun of like crazy but i was to late... my advice from a younger brother to an lder one would be just ignore all the dumb ppl and dont listen to all the bullshit cuz they want that stuff to get to you dont even reply to it half the ppl on here are high schoolers and kids who have big mouths

And some of us may be high schoolers but that doesn't necessarily mean we don't know what were talkin about.

Hell all were tryin to do is Help!:thumbsup:

96eKnDAwrks
11-14-2008, 09:44 PM
S2000 motor!

And some of us may be high schoolers but that doesn't necessarily mean we don't know what were talkin about.

Hell all were tryin to do is Help!:thumbsup:

i think my lil bro ment the dumb@$$'s who talk smack not the 1's that are trying to help

kurupt67
11-15-2008, 06:49 PM
sohc turbo

LS4door
11-16-2008, 01:16 PM
this forum u will meet some @$$ holes but at the same time you will meet alot of helpful people and cool people to chill with. so dont let the the @$$ holes get to you just ignore them.

dluv-22
11-17-2008, 03:03 PM
ok get a gsr block
low cp pistons, with h bems
a b16 head with sk2 turbo cams
val trian, and port and polish the head
255 fuel pump
a nice top mount turbo kit
you'll have a 400whp poor mans type r
oh but it must be tuned

like this idea...similar to the setup i am building now for my integra...i plan on running low boost for daily driving and high boost for the track only....u could do the same with your high boost setting tuned right at 400hp and still be managable/streetable for daily driving....oh and dont mind all the assholes there are some cool poeple who kno wat they are talking about on here
so dont give up on it...GL wit ur build

bp eminent
11-17-2008, 09:10 PM
bump for great seller

CodyLX450
12-07-2008, 02:05 PM

Now you tell me!!!

lol.

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa206/CodyLX450R/IMG_1123.jpg