PDA

View Full Version : LoWeRinG

The God Damn Batman
09-30-2008, 01:27 PM
On a FWD car would lowering it in the front a little more than the rear help with downforce? kinda how the srt4 is, it seems to "slope" just wondering if thats just for a look, or if it serves any purpose.

I mean I understand that on RWD cars spoilers and stuff help the performance, and in FWD the rear spoiler is basically dead weight. If the FWD car is slighlty lower in the front then it is in the rear, along with a good suspension set up, and maybe a diffuser wouldnt that help the performance,handling, drag reduction of the car?:poke:

sniperscout
09-30-2008, 02:53 PM
you plannin on puttin down enough power to need this?

The God Damn Batman
09-30-2008, 02:56 PM
eventually ill be getting the K. my wife and i had a huge discussion the other night and she has my back 110% so in the long run maybe. But for now I just want it lookin good, and LOWERED. which leads to my question. im sure as it is now it doesnt help much since the d17 is weak. I just wanted to know if this set up helps FWD cars in general.

MrRline2010
09-30-2008, 03:00 PM
Why not try doing a bigger rim in the rear and tire and then leaving a size smaller in the front? This would create the raked look that you are going for. It doesn't serve much purpose though, but would give you the look you want. Then try lowering it after you see what it looks like?

The God Damn Batman
09-30-2008, 03:05 PM
^^ thought of that too, just usually its on RWD cars. seems like it help to me

4dr_ed3
09-30-2008, 03:57 PM
usually when you drop the car the front is always gonna be lower than the rear both times i dropped my car the front was lower by about an inch or inch and a half.
JASON this doesnt apply to you cuz some how your springs did opposite idk why but they did lol

The God Damn Batman
09-30-2008, 04:07 PM
does it help handling or performance at all or is it so slight that its hardly noticable

4dr_ed3
09-30-2008, 04:12 PM
it really depends on what type of setup you buy. i mean the closer to the ground you are the better down force you get and i guess it handles a liitle better but again depending on what yyou get. drop springs and stock struts just gets you a dropped car, coilovers on stock struts = the same springs/ coilovers w/aftermarket struts= better ridding and smooth
full coilstrut setup = lower car better handling and an empty pocket lol but its well worth it.
but also along with these type of setups you can buy anti roll bars/sway bars to help your handeling aswell

The God Damn Batman
09-30-2008, 04:15 PM
i see what your saying man. makes sense to me. im sure when im done ill be so broke that i wont be able to afford gas for the car, but at least it will look good in the garage lol

4dr_ed3
09-30-2008, 04:21 PM
^^^lol i cant even afford gas right now , yeah man once you do some minor changes to ther car it starts to piece together. i really havent done to much to my car and ive had some nice compliments on it, makes me wanna do more

The God Damn Batman
09-30-2008, 04:23 PM
well, im working about 60-70 hrs a week right now, so..the parts should come soon

4dr_ed3
09-30-2008, 04:36 PM
well, im working about 60-70 hrs a week right now, so..the parts should come soon

cant wait to see the parts man make sure you get some pics up when you get them. if i got some extra time on my hands i can help you out with whatever bro just let me know

Jason.AZ1
09-30-2008, 05:08 PM
usually when you drop the car the front is always gonna be lower than the rear both times i dropped my car the front was lower by about an inch or inch and a half.
JASON this doesnt apply to you cuz some how your springs did opposite idk why but they did lol

lol

Almost 80% em2s I see posting lowering pictures the rear sags alittle esp' 4 doors for some reason

just buy come coilovers and drop the shit out of it, right now I know my suspension limits and what it can handle. once I get coilovers Ill be even lower and gonna have to test it out....

also the front lower the the rear thing its for looks man if you want some better suspension

buy full coilovers (Ksport or buddyclubs etc.... not sleeves)
get a larger rear sway bar(popular is rsx-s($50-100))
lower tie bar(skunk2 or something)
front and rear strut bar (mugen dc5 one is cool and rear spoon lip is nice also)
cage :wave:
camberkit (I have Ksport)
LCA are for looks

and your car will handle like a Dream

bryantiscool
09-30-2008, 09:36 PM
i love lamp.

The God Damn Batman
10-01-2008, 06:22 AM
cant wait to see the parts man make sure you get some pics up when you get them. if i got some extra time on my hands i can help you out with whatever bro just let me know

yeah man i will most def be needing some help im sure. I think you,jason, sniper, Dj,and bryant will be be my little support group for the EM2 when i get started lol

lol

Almost 80% em2s I see posting lowering pictures the rear sags alittle esp' 4 doors for some reason

just buy come coilovers and drop the shit out of it, right now I know my suspension limits and what it can handle. once I get coilovers Ill be even lower and gonna have to test it out....

also the front lower the the rear thing its for looks man if you want some better suspension

buy full coilovers (Ksport or buddyclubs etc.... not sleeves)
get a larger rear sway bar(popular is rsx-s($50-100))
lower tie bar(skunk2 or something)
front and rear strut bar (mugen dc5 one is cool and rear spoon lip is nice also)
cage :wave:
camberkit (I have Ksport)
LCA are for looks

and your car will handle like a Dream

VERY, good info man. Thanks a ton!

sniperscout
10-01-2008, 12:00 PM
With the mugen dc5 bar you have to trim your hood...this is a pic of mine before i painted the holes black. It is a very good bar....best i have seen for the EM2. It is a solid 1 piece bar. the rear bar is also very sturdy and should fit as well. I just havent picked one up yet.

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q4/sniperscout/DSC02084.jpg?t=1222888335

The God Damn Batman
10-01-2008, 01:16 PM
thats real clean, how much was it.

sniperscout
10-01-2008, 01:36 PM
i got mine $65 shipped on ebay...it is a knockoff...i didnt want to buy the real one since i was powder coating it
you can get both front and rear REAL Mugen bars for like $350ish

4dr_ed3
10-01-2008, 01:38 PM
ive been looking for a rear sway bar but cant find one

The God Damn Batman
10-01-2008, 01:58 PM
thats actually not a bad price at all man for both. love mugen stuff!

sniperscout
10-01-2008, 02:02 PM
yeah they are great solid bars

i see sways for sale all the time on 7thgenhonda and civicforums

Jason.AZ1
10-02-2008, 07:57 PM
With the mugen dc5 bar you have to trim your hood...this is a pic of mine before i painted the holes black. It is a very good bar....best i have seen for the EM2. It is a solid 1 piece bar. the rear bar is also very sturdy and should fit as well. I just havent picked one up yet.

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q4/sniperscout/DSC02084.jpg?t=1222888335

d17???

nosecondz
10-27-2008, 06:34 PM
d17???

come on dude

sniperscout
10-27-2008, 11:26 PM
when i bought the car the guy told me it was a d17 so to the best of my knowledge it is

Jason.AZ1
10-27-2008, 11:30 PM
come on dude

stop trying to get post and bumping old threads!

and yes its a d17 with a different valve cover dumbass!!! :rflmao:

4dr_ed3
10-29-2008, 01:44 PM
^^^^^lol