PDA

View Full Version : need to put hood pins in...

em2trackstar
10-02-2008, 03:27 PM
is there anyone you guys could recommend to put hood pins on for me. i know its a simple task but i really dont want to screw up the cf hood. thanks

Rufus
10-02-2008, 03:29 PM
I just did it on my own

em2trackstar
10-02-2008, 03:57 PM
how did you do it? where did you place the pins? any pics?

Rufus
10-02-2008, 03:58 PM
No that was years ago. I put them into existing holes by the lights then marked the underside of the hood and drilled.

em2trackstar
10-02-2008, 04:00 PM
sounds easy enough. hopefully i can get it done soon. thanks

fmx_dbc
10-02-2008, 04:22 PM
I did it in 2 steps. I first found a suitable area to mount the posts. On my CRX it was just above the headlight brackets. If there are factory drilled holes (might be smaller than posts) I would use those if possible and drill them out larger. That will help make the placement of the posts uniform. Install the posts first. What I did next was put some of that RED brake pad stop squeek shit on the tip of each post. You can use something else if you like, but I had this around, its easy to see and transfers to the hood. Lower your hood onto the tops of the posts and some of the red stuff should transfer over, leaving you with a marking for your pilot hole.
Be sure to use MASKING TAPE on BOTH SIDES of the hood before drilling to help prevent the CF from splitting off everywhere and screwing it up. I would suggest making a relatively small hole first, and gradually step up sizes on the drill bit. Too big of a bit right off will give you a worse result in the end.
GL!

em2trackstar
10-03-2008, 03:23 PM
thanks for the step by step i needed that...