PDA

View Full Version : This sucks.....

OrangePassion
10-02-2008, 04:47 PM
Alright.. so i've been having problems with my radio lights not working on the dash. The lights wont come on, and so i call Tempe Honda and schedule an appointment for today to get it fixed. Well within the last week or so, my car has been been close to overheating. Im like wtf, so i put some water in my radiator and my car starts to work fine. Well yesterday it starts to overheat again! This time my guage is going up and down constantly! I put some more water in and give the dealer a call n tell them to check out my car while they are fixing my radio. Well today i take it in and i find out i have a cracked engine block and my water pump is fucked up! Im like holy shyt WTF!! But thankfully all of this is covered by the warranty. They said there have been other civics thats had this problem. And im checkin out the web now and just now finding out that there have been alot of people with this problem. Has anybody here had the same problem? And for those of you who haven't had anything wrong, I guess take this as a heads up and go get your ride checked out.

riceboy88
10-02-2008, 05:08 PM
at santan honda we keep getting civic in for this problem.

Grimlock989
10-02-2008, 05:17 PM
What year is your civic?

FranktheTank
10-02-2008, 05:25 PM
What year is your civic?

Look what thread were in buddy!:thumbsup:

Smoot
10-02-2008, 06:15 PM
Look what thread were in buddy!:thumbsup:

well duhhh!

If it is an 06 I can see it happening, due to the first years of them in production. Jay(mooshin) had one of the first civic's of the new body style and he ran into alot of problems with it and ended up trading it in.

but its good that its all under warranty. I have heard of stories about R18 over heating and motor cracking.

blackouthx
10-02-2008, 08:38 PM
Gotta love that warranty, did you have your car modded in any way? If so just curious if they brought it up

EPthree04
10-02-2008, 10:49 PM
im sure the radio problem the same problem as acura tsx's...the audio unit heats up too much and ends up burning a hole through the circuit board

as for the other shit... that sucks but since it is under warranty dont worry about it. it will all get fixed and you should be offered a loaner car

OrangePassion
10-02-2008, 11:45 PM
Gotta love that warranty, did you have your car modded in any way? If so just curious if they brought it up

Nope i dont have any mods. Just 18" tenzo's and Falken tires n thats it.

OrangePassion
10-02-2008, 11:52 PM
Im definatly happy all this is under warranty, but im just worried about having this same problem happening again when i have no more warranty to cover it.

JC<3Ek
10-03-2008, 02:28 AM
file law suit if is happen again...make them recall the problem..just like how i did it with my accord ..honda accord well known for there failure of AUTOTRAGIC system 98-02 model accord...the tranny seem not to last that long from 0-65k of mileages and they grind and fail to shift or slippage...is happen to me..they change it. but is happen again so ill threating them by file a law suit againt them and they actually fixing it again and offer me which option of tranmission would i choose..auto or manual...of course i choose the manual and never have a problem since..

LowSpeedEF9
12-13-2008, 05:03 PM
me and a tech worked on one the other day. it's a big problem with the R18 motor. the motors are junk. they need to just put the accord k24 in the base model civics and stick with the k20 in the si.