PDA

View Full Version : I can believe this was allowed in AZ.

enigma94
10-08-2008, 03:37 PM
This dude is driving like a douche and doesnt get black flagged at Firebird west. The event was put on by Proautosports so if anybody knows the people who put on this event they might want to talk to them about allowing driving like this out there before somebody gets in a severe accident.

Vid:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBG-dGJ8BpE

Post on the vette forums: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=2151373

91DA9
10-08-2008, 03:53 PM
LOL all that power, and the thing is fast as shit on the straight aways, but the dude can't drive worth shit...He cuts off that tC then goes into the turn, but when he comes back out, the tC is right back in front of him...Hope that dude hits the wall for the shit he was pullin'.

enigma94
10-08-2008, 03:57 PM
Yea dude. read the thread, he doesnt think he was in the wrong at all.

The c5 z06 is a fucking monster if you do the right things to it. I'd love to see a full head/cammed one out on the track.

fmx_dbc
10-08-2008, 04:06 PM
that guy is a dive-bomber! late passes and then blows the corners...dang Id be scared of him

Kinetic
10-08-2008, 04:36 PM
I watched that video of him and the supra dueling it out.........meh

I worked that tC in the video last weekend @ PIR...if HE was passing the vette then the vette driver really blows

Joser is the man to talk to about Proautosports

Vtecracer
10-08-2008, 05:23 PM
I remember that TC last weekend... i passed him too....After watching the video the driver seems to not care for anyone but himself... listen to his car... i dont think vettes like to bounce off the rev limiter. I think he was pushing to hard and from the looks of the video is a very cocky individual. not impressed to say the least.

Jason.AZ1
10-08-2008, 05:35 PM
damn, I would of waved him threw to pass me too. I wouldnt want to be on the same track as him

freakin_elrod
10-08-2008, 07:16 PM
damn that dude drove like a complete douche. I could see why everyone waved his ass by. I would've pulled completely off the track to let that ass hat by, he had no line going into any turns what so ever. He pretty much just bullied his way into the turn with his "i've got a corvette...move the fuck over" mentality.

dantana
10-08-2008, 07:25 PM
we were all beginners once, geoff in the TC, jeremy and his integra, even craig in his crx have made bone head agressive moves; shit i got black flagged in every session i ever drove for the first few events for agressive driving. this guy is probably jsut a beginner with a fast car.some of that wouldnt fly with nasa though. i like him grabbin gears mid corner at the ~1:39 mark:hithead:

asianricer69
10-08-2008, 07:28 PM
that dude needs to learn to drive, before entering the track. hes such a dangerous driver lucky there was no major accident

dantana
10-08-2008, 07:47 PM

Tage
10-08-2008, 07:55 PM
Maybe I am the minority but I didn't think his driving was that horrible. Some of the passes were a bit dive bomb'ish but the cars in front left the door open on purpose or had a point by just to get him out of their rear view mirrors. Fast or slow in the turns or not, he did appear to be one of the faster cars on the track overall. Obviously he completely blew the turn with the TC and went way wide. That turn he should have just waited behind the TC and then passed on the straight but whatever.

topramn
10-08-2008, 08:30 PM
I am with Tage on this one guys and I pretty much call the shots for NASA. Although there were a few late passes, all of his passes in the straights were completely safe and legal. Maybe if I had the view that I am used to having, I would think differently. I also agree with Dan that everyone has to start somewhere and we all make mistakes. It is a part of learning. The most important thing to remember is that if you dont like how someone drives during your run session, let them know and see if they respond accordingly.

FranktheTank
10-08-2008, 10:09 PM
damn, I would of waved him threw to pass me too. I wouldnt want to be on the same track as him

Same I would think that he would be cutting me off at every corner.

I would let him pass and Continue on.

What an Idiot :hithead:

FranktheTank
10-08-2008, 10:19 PM
Not to mention everyone waves him by because they don't want to get get cut off and ran into a barrier!

topramn
10-08-2008, 10:25 PM
Not to mention everyone waves him by because they don't want to get get cut off and ran into a barrier!

they are running FIR west.. there is no barriers.. just hay and dirt.. all 4 of the tracks at firebird are like this with the exception of the straight on FIR main..

BlueTeg
10-08-2008, 10:38 PM
What group is this guy driving in? IIRC Promulletsports has 3 groups. If this is the 'fast' group where there is passing anywhere then I didn't see anything wrong with it. The only dicey pass IMO was at 2:19.
As long as the dirvers are advanced they should be aware of faster traffic. Based on the lines some of these guys were taking, I'm guessing it was the intermediate group....if it was the advanced group then...yikes those guys need some more help with finding their way around the track.

If it was the beginner or intermediate group then it was waaay too aggressive. And would qualify for douchebaggery.

BTW: I see alot of people ready to stone this guy for what they classify as aggressive driving. But half the people posting in this thread have never been on track, so I think its a bit unfair to blast the guy if you're not 100% familiar with the rules 'round here. :poke:

Kinetic
10-08-2008, 10:44 PM
I didn't blast him...I just pointed out that the guy in the tC was keeping him at bay in the corners.....but I didn't watch the whole thing.

SKS the supra driver in the video sent me a link

oh well...I am back to DE2 myself

Ryan
10-08-2008, 11:24 PM
I would never dive bomb the turns and cause people to avoid me fearing a collision but I can not say I am a better driver either. Gosh, I would hate to be blasted on if I made mistakes out there. I sure hope this guy eventually gets the instruction he needs instead of everyone making him feel like a total failure at life. Everyone makes mistakes, that is how we learn right guys? Just my two cents, I am not sure I would be any better on the track, probably the slowest at best :)

ILIKETODRIVE
10-08-2008, 11:49 PM
That "pass" he made on the Integra was me going off in turn 5. That was the 2nd corner that my brakes completely went out on me (1st was 2 turns before that coming into turn 3; boiled my fluid) and I pitted for the day after that lap. That was about 15 minutes into the session. Most of the video takes place during the other 3 sessions I would assume.

We were in Orange Group, which is passing anywhere with courtesy (similar to DE3).

PS - I passed him. Too bad he didn't post that. :(

Jason.AZ1
10-09-2008, 12:00 AM
BTW: I see alot of people ready to stone this guy for what they classify as aggressive driving. But half the people posting in this thread have never been on track, so I think its a bit unfair to blast the guy if you're not 100% familiar with the rules 'round here. :poke:

True I've never been to the track or know all the rules but
If I was on the track with him and was about to take a corner with him next to me I would be nervous because of the way he drive's I would of waved him to pass me before the corner....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1S49db9zUg

but if I wasnt new to the track and been threw it a few times and stuff
then yeah Id feel a little better about it and prob just be like what ever...

SlowCivicHmm
10-09-2008, 10:33 AM
Hmmm I'll have to look at the video....if its the vette i'm thinking he was talked to........

Should of been Orange whick like simon said is DE3.......the TC should not have been in DE3 i've been on track with him aswell and he's pure DE2/Red Group Material....

<---Joser who will watch when not at work...

ProAutoSports has officials, grid director and control watch the entire race and corner works radio in douchbags.....anyone have problems and they speak up it will be handled....just like every org...we are all in it for the same, have fun in a safe manor.....

jeff@loooseboyracing.com
10-09-2008, 11:00 AM
jeremy you spelled "proud" wrong in your sig dude

BlueTeg
10-09-2008, 11:28 AM
True I've never been to the track or know all the rules but
If I was on the track with him and was about to take a corner with him next to me I would be nervous because of the way he drive's I would of waved him to pass me before the corner....

You would say the same about any other advance driver, who was driving within the advanced group rules for passing. That's why they separate the first timers, beginners, intermediates, and advanced.

The first timers and beginners do execute passes like that. If they do they are black flagged and asked to pull in immediately. Its sounds like thats what happened with this guy on some of his late passes in the corners.

LS-S DA9
10-09-2008, 11:41 AM

x2 haha everyone stoppin and shit to let him by hell i would too..

BlueTeg
10-09-2008, 11:42 AM
BTW: guys that make videos like this bug the shit out of me. When you go through the trouble to edit the footage to just show you "rolling" all the other cars on track....even adding text to identify make/model so that everyone knows how much of a bad ass you are by blowing the doors off the other Miatas, Scions, and 944s on track it really makes you look like a total poser to the guys that have actually been out there. What a lamer. If you're that much faster than the pack, move out of the intermediate group and up to the advanced group. Who the fuck cares that you were rolling the 1xx HP cars? That's like a 200lb undercard boxer bragging that he knocked out a bunch of guys in the local HS chess club.

SlowCivicHmm
10-09-2008, 11:44 AM
btw: Guys that make videos like this bug the shit out of me. When you go through the trouble to edit the footage to just show you "rolling" all the other cars on track....even adding text to identify make/model so that everyone knows how much of a bad ass you are by blowing the doors off the other miatas, scions, and 944s on track it really makes you look like a total poser to the guys that have actually been out there. What a lamer. If you're that much faster than the pack, move out of the intermediate group and up to the advanced group. Who the fuck cares that you were rolling the 1xx hp cars? That's like a 200lb undercard boxer bragging that he knocked out a bunch of guys in the local hs chess club.

well said!!

fmx_dbc
10-09-2008, 12:15 PM
total Broser

AZSciontC
10-09-2008, 12:39 PM
Hey guys! This is Geoff with the tC. Nice to meet all of you. Only been driving for a few months now...still so much to learn.

See you guys at the next track day.

Tage
10-09-2008, 12:40 PM
BTW: guys that make videos like this bug the shit out of me. When you go through the trouble to edit the footage to just show you "rolling" all the other cars on track....even adding text to identify make/model so that everyone knows how much of a bad ass you are by blowing the doors off the other Miatas, Scions, and 944s on track it really makes you look like a total poser to the guys that have actually been out there. What a lamer. If you're that much faster than the pack, move out of the intermediate group and up to the advanced group. Who the fuck cares that you were rolling the 1xx HP cars? That's like a 200lb undercard boxer bragging that he knocked out a bunch of guys in the local HS chess club.

What's even better is the majority of the cars give him a point by AND lift so he can make the pass (easier).

P.S. Welcome Geoff! So tell us, is that vette guy cool or a douchebag like the internet is making him out to be?

AZSciontC
10-09-2008, 12:42 PM
I am horrible with names so I will make it a point to say hello to each of you AT LEAST 7 times.

AZSciontC
10-09-2008, 12:50 PM
P.S. Welcome Geoff! So tell us, is that vette guy cool or a douchebag like the internet is making him out to be?

Definitely over powered for that session. I didn't talk to him afterwords so I don't want to assume that he is a douche. His driving was questionable, but that in car vid exaggerated his passes. He had enough room most of the time.

freakin_elrod
10-09-2008, 01:05 PM
What group is this guy driving in? IIRC Promulletsports has 3 groups. If this is the 'fast' group where there is passing anywhere then I didn't see anything wrong with it. The only dicey pass IMO was at 2:19.
As long as the dirvers are advanced they should be aware of faster traffic. Based on the lines some of these guys were taking, I'm guessing it was the intermediate group....if it was the advanced group then...yikes those guys need some more help with finding their way around the track.

If it was the beginner or intermediate group then it was waaay too aggressive. And would qualify for douchebaggery.

BTW: I see alot of people ready to stone this guy for what they classify as aggressive driving. But half the people posting in this thread have never been on track, so I think its a bit unfair to blast the guy if you're not 100% familiar with the rules 'round here. .

I have been to the track and I stoned him because I've seen drivers get black flagged for that type of driving, and yes after another review of the video, he did make a few passes on the straights, but he did do a whole lot of dive bomb, i'm a faster car, let me through this turn, kind of stuff, which I don't totally agree on, especially if he was in a beginner or intermediate group, which is what it looked like from the vid.

BlueTeg
10-09-2008, 01:13 PM
Hey guys! This is Geoff with the tC. Nice to meet all of you. Only been driving for a few months now...still so much to learn.

See you guys at the next track day.

Were you one of the Scions at the Dezod Time Attack this past may? If so, were you my student?

AZSciontC
10-09-2008, 01:18 PM
nope..just put together the car a few months ago.

SlowCivicHmm
10-09-2008, 02:17 PM
I smell board trolls and dup names for some reason...lol

TTT!!!

Neebs
10-09-2008, 03:03 PM
You should watch his oversteer tube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1S49db9zUg&feature=related

BlueTeg
10-09-2008, 03:16 PM
RR/AX forum moderator: can you please delete the string of O/T posts? Thanks. :clapper:

*inFamous*
10-09-2008, 03:22 PM
RR/AX forum moderator: can you please delete the string of O/T posts? Thanks. :clapper:

Cleaned up.

If I see ANYMORE douchebaggery by EITHER of the bickering couple on here, I seriously will ban you both permanently. Read the rules before posting and if you have a problem with someone, report it or take it to PM. Harassing other members is NOT allowed, and if your being harassed, stooping to their level isn't the solution.

Apologize to the OP please.

Kinetic
10-09-2008, 03:26 PM
pumpthe brakes is banned

suspected alt account and being a douche

JDM chick......next time walk away or report the posts

Kinetic
10-09-2008, 03:26 PM
I am sorry

too late

Kinetic
10-09-2008, 04:37 PM
to the AZtCguy/ Geoff-

I was the one who spoke up in the download saturday.... Jeff talked to me about you on Sunday

there are no hard feelings about what I said....it was a download and i needed to say what I did. I probably could have been nicer, but thats why i'm not a group leader or instructor..... Stick with the sturla's and you will learn a lot and go far.

I hope to see you at the next event so we can meet in person

-Jeremy

HPDE Tech chief, former scourge of DE2.....now back to being a newb in DE2 with the new car

SlowCivicHmm
10-09-2008, 04:51 PM
to the AZtCguy/ Geoff-

I was the one who spoke up in the download saturday.... Jeff talked to me about you on Sunday

there are no hard feelings about what I said....it was a download and i needed to say what I did. I probably could have been nicer, but thats why i'm not a group leader or instructor..... Stick with the sturla's and you will learn a lot and go far.

I hope to see you at the next event so we can meet in person

-Jeremy

HPDE Tech chief, former scourge of DE2.....now back to being a newb in DE2 with the new car

I might just hang in DE2 a lil longer then...hehe

JDM_ChIcK
10-09-2008, 04:58 PM
pumpthe brakes is banned

suspected alt account and being a douche

JDM chick......next time walk away or report the posts

ok sorry about that

topramn
10-09-2008, 10:17 PM
I might just hang in DE2 a lil longer then...hehe

dont hold yourself back.. man up or :d3:

Jason.AZ1
10-09-2008, 10:50 PM
You would say the same about any other advance driver, who was driving within the advanced group rules for passing. That's why they separate the first timers, beginners, intermediates, and advanced.

The first timers and beginners do execute passes like that. If they do they are black flagged and asked to pull in immediately. Its sounds like thats what happened with this guy on some of his late passes in the corners.

True I really cant say I wouldnt if he was in a beginners group or something then yeah I would be like wtf but in the video it seems to me he's the only one pushing it...
so yeah if he wasnt with beginneers and was with advance driver sure fuck it they know how to act and how to drive with others pushin it to..

comptonasskerry
10-10-2008, 02:00 AM
lol i dont really see a problem here most of his passes he had a point by and ppl were letting him go by. idk wut class he was in but im sure for all that late breakin he was doin that it must of been a class that he could pass anywhere or he would of been black flagged. idk thats just me.

the one thing i did see was that tc and i think the vette driver just went o hot in the corner and he should of lifted and waited for the next turn to pass the tc.(vette was way out of his line) but idk real track people correct me if im wrong but thats about the only thing i saw that was "unsafe"

topramn
10-10-2008, 07:25 AM
lol i dont really see a problem here most of his passes he had a point by and ppl were letting him go by. idk wut class he was in but im sure for all that late breakin he was doin that it must of been a class that he could pass anywhere or he would of been black flagged. idk thats just me.

the one thing i did see was that tc and i think the vette driver just went o hot in the corner and he should of lifted and waited for the next turn to pass the tc.(vette was way out of his line) but idk real track people correct me if im wrong but thats about the only thing i saw that was "unsafe"

i would of called down a black flag on both for that one.

berny2435
10-11-2008, 06:51 AM
I think the Vette driver needs to take a step back and think of the danger he is putting everyone else in. It looks like there was full course passing so it must have been group 3 or 4 but still.. . If you are that much faster than everyone, you just need to chill out on the straights and have fun in the corners.. . DE is not a race.

I know this is a diff situation but back in the midwest, if that vette was running in a race class with Spec miatas, his ass would have been punted off the track! I've seen it happen to a T2 camaro before. Spec Miata dont mess around!

topramn
10-11-2008, 10:55 AM
I think the Vette driver needs to take a step back and think of the danger he is putting everyone else in. It looks like there was full course passing so it must have been group 3 or 4 but still.. . If you are that much faster than everyone, you just need to chill out on the straights and have fun in the corners.. . DE is not a race.

I know this is a diff situation but back in the midwest, if that vette was running in a race class with Spec miatas, his ass would have been punted off the track! I've seen it happen to a T2 camaro before. Spec Miata dont mess around!

let a spec miata come to az and try punting one of our guys.. i will show them who dont mess around.. punting is completely unacceptable..

Tage
10-11-2008, 03:25 PM
If you are that much faster than everyone, you just need to chill out on the straights and have fun in the corners.. .

Someone needs to explain to me WTF driving aggressive on the straights means? Do people think it's dangerous to floor it on the straights? The vette guy should move up a group to reduce the speed differential (or the slower cars need to move down a group). There was nothing dangerous in that video. HPDE may seem dangerous but the fact is:

- Everyone is constantly watching everyone else around them
- Everyone is going the same direction and there is no cross traffic
- Everyone is turning the same direction at the turns
- Everyone (should have) passed a technical inspection and have good working cars with functioning brake lights
- There are people paid at various places around the track to warn you over upcoming danger
- No one is on their cell phone or texting
- No one is putting on make-up while steering with their knees
- No one is smoking a cigarette, dropping it on the floor and then trying to pick it back up while driving
- No one is fumbling with a CD or their Ipod

BlueTeg
10-11-2008, 05:59 PM
[QUOTE=Tage;1154237]
[/qoute]

Speak for yourself. I text on the regular during TT.

topramn
10-11-2008, 06:38 PM
[QUOTE=Tage;1154237]
[/qoute]

might explain the slow times! :thumbup:

comptonasskerry
10-11-2008, 06:52 PM
[QUOTE=Tage;1154237]
[/qoute]

hahahahhahahahahahaha

Tage
10-11-2008, 07:45 PM
[QUOTE=Tage;1154237]
[/qoute]

Well I wasn't going to say anything, but I actually text as well during TT. I'm too cheap to buy an in lap timer system so I text the T&S folks to get my lap times while I drive. :)