PDA

View Full Version : deck problems (dc4)

Tweeder
11-13-2008, 10:56 PM
ok so when i bought my car the audio wiring was ghetto rigged but it worked. it came with an old Pioneer deck and it sucked so i bought a brand new bad ass Alpine deck and hooked it up just like the pioneer was hooked up and got nothing.

so now im running my deck with my ING (yellow) and BATT (red) together. it works but it wont hold memory anymore. everytime i turn my car off i lose everything and the integra's clock resets too! all fuses are fine.

anyone know how to hook up these decks in DC4s or atleast know of a good write up. im usually pretty good with these types of things, but this has got me stumped and frusturated

Tweeder
11-15-2008, 10:15 PM
come on, i know someone knows the answer to this, help a brotha out

Blue92teg
11-15-2008, 11:19 PM
http://www.team-integra.net/sections/articles/showArticle.asp?ArticleID=217

hope this helps

Stock?
11-17-2008, 02:05 PM
did you check the fuses under the hood? I know on a Civic there is a "back-up" fuse that is for the clock and the radio among other things

Also - yellow is battery and red is ignition

Tweeder
11-17-2008, 10:43 PM
http://www.team-integra.net/sections/articles/showArticle.asp?ArticleID=217

hope this helps

wow, when i get a day off im gonna completely rewire cabin. need new interior harness. mine is hacked to holy hell! this will definitly help. thank you :thumbup:

did you check the fuses under the hood? I know on a Civic there is a "back-up" fuse that is for the clock and the radio among other things

Also - yellow is battery and red is ignition

i honestly havent. i dont remember ever having to look under the hood to fix and interior problem so i never really thought about it. i'll check it out when there is some daylight, thx

BlownspeakerBoX
11-17-2008, 11:06 PM
you have no memory because your memory wire and 12v wire are wired together...find an accessory source for the ignition wire and leave the yellow wire on 12v

Stock?
11-18-2008, 10:34 AM
you have no memory because your memory wire and 12v wire are wired together...find an accessory source for the ignition wire and leave the yellow wire on 12v

while that is partly true - the radio would stay on all the time if he had constant behind the radio - so he has ignition there....
best bet is to fix the fuse so it is wired and fused correctly - next option is to find another source for your constant wire - best bet is the fuse box under the dash, there is usually some open pins for ignition, constant, and sometimes park lights there

S!K
11-19-2008, 07:03 AM
ok as i have mine hooked up (dc2) i have the yellow (ignition) hooked up to the an accesory wire. then the blue (memory) hooked with my red (12+) which i have hooked up to the wire that is constant on.

can you post pictures of the cd player wiring and the car wiring? so i can help you wire you from here

4bangin
11-19-2008, 09:48 AM
while that is partly true - the radio would stay on all the time if he had constant behind the radio - so he has ignition there....
best bet is to fix the fuse so it is wired and fused correctly - next option is to find another source for your constant wire - best bet is the fuse box under the dash, there is usually some open pins for ignition, constant, and sometimes park lights there

x's 2

Stock?
11-19-2008, 10:29 AM
ok as i have mine hooked up (dc2) i have the yellow (ignition) hooked up to the an accesory wire. then the blue (memory) hooked with my red (12+) which i have hooked up to the wire that is constant on.

can you post pictures of the cd player wiring and the car wiring? so i can help you wire you from here

your's is all messed up too, lol
yellow is constant 12v
red is switched 12v
blue is power antenna or remote turn on for your amp

so you need to switch the red and yellow and disconnect the blue completely

that one guy
11-19-2008, 11:53 AM
the underhood fuse is blown. same problem with my old EK, I had the red/yellow together. switched the blown fuse, back to normal.

Tweeder
11-19-2008, 02:18 PM
havent had time to check the wiring. but i did poke my head in the fuse boxes and there is not a single blown fuse, inside and out

S!K
11-19-2008, 03:58 PM
your's is all messed up too, lol
yellow is constant 12v
red is switched 12v
blue is power antenna or remote turn on for your amp

so you need to switch the red and yellow and disconnect the blue completely

lol...nope mine is blue /w white is remote and solid blue is memory and yellow ignition and red power. doubled checked :thumbup:

S!K
11-19-2008, 03:58 PM
if its an aftermarket cd player look under the cd player and its tells you what color goes where.

redlog4200
11-22-2008, 07:49 PM
blue is pwr antenna not memory...
blue/white is amp remote
red is ignition
yellow is batt
white is drivers side
grey is passenger
green is rear drivers side
purple is rear passenger
orange is illum (dont hook up)

oh yeah and black is ground

Stock?
11-22-2008, 09:26 PM
lol...nope mine is blue /w white is remote and solid blue is memory and yellow ignition and red power. doubled checked :thumbup:

then you have some cheap swap meet deck
because the colors are all standardized on aftermarket radios

S!K
11-23-2008, 08:33 AM
well i did pick it up out of some guys trunks. its a alpime. not alpine. but alpime. i got it for 5 bucks. i but i just picked up another that i'm ganna to put in.