PDA

View Full Version : ultimate brake pad!

dantana
11-17-2008, 11:10 AM
A lot of you have me talk about my racepads that i love so much so i thought id give you guys a short review.
honestly, these are the best ive ever diven, they stop harder, dont fade and last phenominally.
cost is expensive, at $200 for the fronts.
life is unreal, i bought these in april 2006. I pulled them and checked them yesterday and they still look like they have 90% life left.
rotor wear isnt bad either, minimal warping, no cracking, no digging wear either.
before these pads i was using cobalt VRs and hawk blues.
i know the initial cost is high, but i would have gone through 2-3 sets of blues or VRs by now. i anticpiate another 2-3years use outta them.
dontside is the are very easy to lock up and need to be carefully modulated. no way you can run these on street tires
dont hestitate picking these up
raybesto st-41s available from porterfield only.

for reference, they have 2-90min enduros, 10 sprint races, and a lot of DEs on them.
scotty and mervin also run this setup and will vouch.:snookems:

ILIKETODRIVE
11-17-2008, 11:48 AM
:thumbup:

Hmm, maybe I'll look into these. I've been quoted almost as much for Blue's and other pads.

SlowCivicHmm
11-17-2008, 09:30 PM
these have been tempting for a while since you started raving about them...def on the list for the future....bump good review!!

yosshaa
11-18-2008, 09:33 AM
sturla are you still using autozone rotors>?

BlueTeg
11-18-2008, 10:17 AM
$200 isn't that expensive anymore.

Cobalt's new compounds are about $175 per (front) pair. If you have the tire and steady foot to manage these, they sound like a decent deal.

dantana
11-18-2008, 05:38 PM
ill take a pic of them tonight, im am stunned at the lasting power of these, they literally look brand new.

no Z im on BAP rotors, shhheeeesh!

you guys are nuts to buy anything but these!:bananaman:

fmx_dbc
11-18-2008, 05:40 PM
waiting on pics...is the LBR site up yet?

dantana
11-18-2008, 09:27 PM
site is down, hope it have it back up soon!
http://members.cox.net/danhomevantage/IMG_5848.JPG
http://members.cox.net/danhomevantage/IMG_5849.JPG
http://members.cox.net/danhomevantage/IMG_5850.JPG

ILIKETODRIVE
11-19-2008, 10:31 AM
HOLY SHIT! I am buying these next time. I just bought some XP-10's because I haven't had good brakes yet. My best has been my current: used Axxis Ultimates on BAP rotors (LOL). After the XP-10's I am totally getting these.

reyes1212
11-19-2008, 12:28 PM
Damn...that's after two years? lmao good brakes.

I don't know if i have steady enough footing.

fmx_dbc
11-19-2008, 01:40 PM
might have to try these!

dantana
11-20-2008, 03:52 PM
damn no feedback from tage?:smile:
i demand a response!:type:

fmx_dbc
11-20-2008, 04:03 PM
hahah

Tage
11-21-2008, 09:30 AM
damn no feedback from tage?:smile:
i demand a response!:type:

If Brian from Fastbrakes.com doesn't sell them, I'm not interested! :blunt:

Tage
11-21-2008, 09:33 AM
scotty and mervin also run this setup and will vouch.:snookems:

On a more serious note, how long has Mervin had these on his car? I drove his car for a few laps this summer and I don't recall any fade but I also don't recall any lock ups either. Of course his car was so slow, I barely had to use the brakes anyway. :)

Overall, if he was on the stock Civic Brake setup, I must say those pads are impressive then.

ILIKETODRIVE
11-21-2008, 09:35 AM
On a more serious note, how long has Mervin had these on his car? I drove his car for a few laps this summer and I don't recall any fade but I also don't recall any lock ups either. Of course his car was so slow, I barely had to use the brakes anyway. :)

Overall, if he was on the stock Civic Brake setup, I must say those pads are impressive then.

I think Merv has Integra front brakes. He has drums in the back fo sho.

dantana
11-21-2008, 02:28 PM

hes running ex brakesup front
ive talked to brian about these brakes before, he chuckeled that i discovered them.
he will tell you how wicked awesome they are!:goodpost:

BlueTeg
11-21-2008, 03:48 PM
<--- Cobalt whore for life

dantana
11-22-2008, 09:26 AM
cobalts are good pads, but they are just repacked brakes from another manufacturer. cut out the middle man gabe and save your self a little cheddar for that motzarella castle youve been dreaming about :smile:

fmx_dbc
11-22-2008, 12:47 PM
LOL cheese

burnrbr
11-22-2008, 03:32 PM
Hey hey! Finally got around to checking out the RR/AX forum here! TheChez is in da house :hello:

Yes, I definitely will vouch for the wear on these pads! I did co-drive Dan's car in the 2 summer night enduros ('07 and '08) and the brakes were never a concern! I'm running these now and only really have 2 solid weekends on them. Both times, they felt good! I'm running GSR calipers with the Fastbrakes 11" rotor kit up front and drums for the rear.

No disagreements with Tage there, the car is pretty damn slow :( I was hoping to get some reliability with a completely stock engine and still didn't get it! Boo! Time to start hunting down some power ...

Merv
"TheChez"

PhoenixB16
11-22-2008, 03:40 PM
That thing *****SHOULD******** be reliable as hell merv.....

fmx_dbc
11-22-2008, 03:43 PM
mmmmm powerrrrrrr <3

burnrbr
11-22-2008, 04:00 PM
I know! That's why I left the internals alone plus I had Joe at Locash do the tuning with the s100 hondata. I'm leaning towards looking for a s300 so I can check all the parameters real time on the laptop instead of always scratching my head and saying "nope, didn't get a check engine light that time either". Still the stumbling issue continues. Man, the last race, I went for the gas right as the green flag dropped and Tony and Jeff passed me like I was in reverse and I started in front of them! The car drove fine under vtec but under WOT, its stumbling. I was flat in the oval and it wouldn't let me rev past 7K. I eventually pulled in after 2 laps.

Haven't had much time in the garage diagnosing this cos of me starting a new job a month ago. Now that the weather is getting better, I think I might get motivated again.

ILIKETODRIVE
11-22-2008, 04:25 PM
Glad you jumped in here Merv!

I knew you had bigger/better brakes than stock. :thumbsup:

burnrbr
11-22-2008, 04:50 PM
Thanks Simon! There's quite a bit of traffic here :) Yeah but I need to get those drums off! I bought a set of rear disks when I purchased my engine but it must have come from the east coast. I had Tony and Kent over to help get the bolts loose but they were rusted on pretty good. Using flames and everything - no dice. I'm looking for a new set of rear disks (with trailing arm and all) so if you see anything, let me know!

fmx_dbc
11-22-2008, 08:04 PM
Welcome Mervin! I almost have my B16 ready to play with y'all again. Hope you can get your stumbling issues sorted out

BlueTeg
11-22-2008, 10:36 PM
Merv: call me about the rear disc conversion. I may have something for you. Loooseboy preferred price of freeninetynine.

burnrbr
11-23-2008, 10:30 AM
Thanks for the welcome Craig! I hope I get it sorted out too - will definitely need help with that one.

Gabe - Sweet! I'll give you a call later today!

Back on topic - I endorse zee Raybestos! :thumbsup:

yosshaa
11-23-2008, 06:46 PM
<--- Cobalt whore for life

me 2!
cobalts r the official brake pad and time trialers who love devils martini.:thumbup: