PDA

View Full Version : A Frequent occurance at Speedworld

Dead Bird
11-24-2008, 05:37 AM
So in the last few times I've gone to speedworld, there is a blue Mugen Si Civic.
TURBOED!!!!!

but i dont understand its times...
it runs consistant 15s, sometimes 16's

i ran a 15.5 the one run i got against it, and was ahead by cars.

anybody know its story?

KevinBoosted
11-24-2008, 12:01 PM
are you talking about the one i pooped all over? lol

jakellama123
11-24-2008, 12:43 PM
on 1 lb of boost?
lol
shitty street tune?

Dead Bird
11-25-2008, 01:48 AM
I dunno, i was asking about it!
obviously i didnt know anything about it

LS-S DA9
11-26-2008, 03:59 PM
wait are you refering to the mugen one??

rudsone
11-26-2008, 04:02 PM
wait are you refering to the mugen one??

read f00l, it says mugen on the description.

:wave1:

that one guy
11-26-2008, 04:29 PM
was it the one with the girl driving it? i dont remember it being turbo, but i remember it running 17's and maybe a sub 16 pass. it was spinning bad off the line -> very bad driver.

LS-S DA9
11-26-2008, 04:59 PM
read f00l, it says mugen on the description.

:wave1:

haha shiit my bad rudi.

KevinBoosted
11-30-2008, 10:41 AM
just a question and im not trying to sound like an asshole so dont take it that way but, why dont you civic guys run with drag radials atleast? street tires aren't gonna get you guys anything but shit for traction and all the vtec burnouts in the world are not gonna makes those street tires hook. just out of curiousity what are you guys getting in the 60ft?

LS-S DA9
11-30-2008, 06:27 PM
umm theres a problem with that... if street tires are snapping axles and differentials.. im sure radials would to..

Jason.AZ1
11-30-2008, 06:34 PM
umm theres a problem with that... if street tires are snapping axles and differentials.. im sure radials would to..

lol

KevinBoosted
11-30-2008, 06:43 PM

are you guys making that much torque? weak axles? what about cryo treating?

Jason.AZ1
11-30-2008, 06:45 PM

No torque
doing burnouts is bad lol

The President
11-30-2008, 07:09 PM

it's not about having so much traction that the axles snap, it's more about wheel hop and retards that straight up dump the clutch. I don't know many people that launch a honda properly by preloading the car in first gear on the line with their e-brake held up.

I don't get why anyone on a street tire does a burn out, all it does is drag water into the beams for everyone else to slip on.

KevinBoosted
11-30-2008, 07:16 PM
it's not about having so much traction that the axles snap, it's more about wheel hop and retards that straight up dump the clutch. I don't know many people that launch a honda properly by preloading the car in first gear on the line with their e-brake held up.

I don't get why anyone on a street tire does a burn out, all it does is drag water into the beams for everyone else to slip on.

:clapper: thank you!!!!!!!!!! i dont feel alone now and when they do that there just screwing up my awd launch in the box lol

again and i stress this DO NOT TAKE THIS THE WRONG WAY!!! but im tired of going to speedworld or any track and watching all the hondas mostly egs get to the line and dump the clutch doing nothing but spinning the tires. i see you guys trapping 100mph but still running 15s b/c of this. if you guys learn how to launch the car instead of just making smoke shows and missing 2nd or 3rd down the track youd prob run a lil faster. i can understand wheel hop but snapping axles for a fwd honda doesnt sound right. with im guessing somewhere near 280-300ft/lbs and an awd launch ive yet to snap an axle

RICK's-TOWING
12-03-2008, 04:59 PM

um street tires isnt breaking axles. the driver revving the engine way up and side stepping the clutch will break the axles. that and wheel hop. i know plenty of people run super impressive times on 24.5's and not break stock axles.

The President
12-03-2008, 05:12 PM
:clapper: thank you!!!!!!!!!! i dont feel alone now and when they do that there just screwing up my awd launch in the box lol

again and i stress this DO NOT TAKE THIS THE WRONG WAY!!! but im tired of going to speedworld or any track and watching all the hondas mostly egs get to the line and dump the clutch doing nothing but spinning the tires. i see you guys trapping 100mph but still running 15s b/c of this. if you guys learn how to launch the car instead of just making smoke shows and missing 2nd or 3rd down the track youd prob run a lil faster. i can understand wheel hop but snapping axles for a fwd honda doesnt sound right. with im guessing somewhere near 280-300ft/lbs and an awd launch ive yet to snap an axle

here's a prime example... me lol

My old gsr coupe would run in the high 90mph range (97-98 ish) but I could only get a 15.3 out of it. My car had super shitty motor mounts so at the first sign of traction I'd get tremendous wheel hop and I'd back out of the throttle so I wouldn't snap an axle. I had way crappy 60's (2.4 i know it's embarrasing) in that car because of that reason. So in that car I had to either let the clutch out a bit quicker and spin, or catch traction, wheel hop, and possibly break something.

HAHAV8S
12-04-2008, 05:36 AM
The smoke shows are not necssary when on street tires alls you guys are doing is holding up the line. If you wanna sit there andblight up your tires then get some drag radials and at least then you'll being doing itbfor a reason. Learn to launch your cars and then younwont have to worry about breaking anything or better yet upgrade your driveline and you'll be good. I hate going to the track and sitting in line waiting becuase a Honda decided to heat up his tires and break something in the burnout box and take there time pushing itnout of the way with 5-6people. Don't get why it takes that many people when the car weighs nothing. I have quite a bit more torque than kevinboosted and hve yet to break anything on a launch and I have stock driveline. Not trying to be a d1ck butnmy point is stop doing smoke shows when you know it doesn't do anything and wasting all the other peoples time.

On a side not why does every Honda that's turboed think there car isbthe fastest shit on the street (with the exception of the red one that runs 9's). The other night a white hatch with red wheels pull up next to me and wants to race so I do and I take him by like 5cars in 2nd gear and a blue/purple civic si blows past me hits the bov so I eve him and samething take by a couples cars in one gear. So stop trying to race cars that are out of your especially the non turbo ones.

KevinBoosted
12-04-2008, 09:34 AM
The smoke shows are not necssary when on street tires alls you guys are doing is holding up the line. If you wanna sit there andblight up your tires then get some drag radials and at least then you'll being doing itbfor a reason. Learn to launch your cars and then younwont have to worry about breaking anything or better yet upgrade your driveline and you'll be good. I hate going to the track and sitting in line waiting becuase a Honda decided to heat up his tires and break something in the burnout box and take there time pushing itnout of the way with 5-6people. Don't get why it takes that many people when the car weighs nothing. I have quite a bit more torque than kevinboosted and hve yet to break anything on a launch and I have stock driveline. Not trying to be a d1ck butnmy point is stop doing smoke shows when you know it doesn't do anything and wasting all the other peoples time.

On a side not why does every Honda that's turboed think there car isbthe fastest shit on the street (with the exception of the red one that runs 9's). The other night a white hatch with red wheels pull up next to me and wants to race so I do and I take him by like 5cars in 2nd gear and a blue/purple civic si blows past me hits the bov so I eve him and samething take by a couples cars in one gear. So stop trying to race cars that are out of your especially the non turbo ones.

:lmao: HAHAHHAHAAHAAAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!! i wish we had the camera for that shit and im pretty sure we hit fuel cut and still raped the white honda that bad...oh yea you forgot to mention your cars about 3k+ lbs too

HAHAV8S
12-04-2008, 09:52 AM
Yea and my no lift to shift kicked in and me buck in first gear

ILIKETODRIVE
12-04-2008, 05:10 PM

That's called a bad driver.

Nick at Full-Race co-drives a boosted SOHC ZC-powered EF on 22x8x13 slicks pulling 1.9 60's WITHOUT an LSD and it doesn't break axles OR its notoriously weak D-Series cable trans diff. Weird. (PS - now it has my old trans: ZC gears, Si FD, OBX LSD)

I run 205/55-14 555R's and wouldn't drag race on anything less. I'd like to get 22x8x13's but I need money for other stuff right meow.

LS-S DA9
12-04-2008, 10:38 PM
oook so i got proven wrong now btt...

jmillz*EF9*
12-04-2008, 11:49 PM
opps

jmillz*EF9*
12-04-2008, 11:58 PM
So in the last few times I've gone to speedworld, there is a blue Mugen Si Civic.
TURBOED!!!!!

but i dont understand its times...
it runs consistant 15s, sometimes 16's

i ran a 15.5 the one run i got against it, and was ahead by cars.

anybody know its story?

i know theres a girl out here that drives a mugen si with a greddy kit. so it could be she cant drive (not to say girls cant drive so please dont take it that way)or has really bad traction problems. i have a 06 si and the best i ran was a 14.4 with I/RH/E. with a 2.0 60ft. any way that car should be in the low 13s high 12s with that kit.

KevinBoosted
12-05-2008, 01:54 AM
That's called a bad driver.

Nick at Full-Race co-drives a boosted SOHC ZC-powered EF on 22x8x13 slicks pulling 1.9 60's WITHOUT an LSD and it doesn't break axles OR its notoriously weak D-Series cable trans diff. Weird. (PS - now it has my old trans: ZC gears, Si FD, OBX LSD)

I run 205/55-14 555R's and wouldn't drag race on anything less. I'd like to get 22x8x13's but I need money for other stuff right meow.

nice 60' for a fwd! what are your 60s with the 555rs?

KevinBoosted
12-05-2008, 01:56 AM
i know theres a girl out here that drives a mugen si with a greddy kit. so it could be she cant drive (not to say girls cant drive so please dont take it that way)or has really bad traction problems. i have a 06 si and the best i ran was a 14.4 with I/RH/E. with a 2.0 60ft. any way that car should be in the low 13s high 12s with that kit.

are you spinning out of the hole?

jmillz*EF9*
12-05-2008, 12:44 PM
are you spinning out of the hole?

before i installed my torque dampner i had really bad wheel hop and spin all the time, not anymore

ICD
12-06-2008, 07:20 PM
Do any of you guys cAre to enlighten those how to properly lAunch a fwd honda for those who don't know

KevinBoosted
12-07-2008, 10:52 AM
Do any of you guys cAre to enlighten those how to properly lAunch a fwd honda for those who don't know

yea either rev it up and ride out the clutch (this way will prob burn out your clutch faster than your tires but make you less prone to spinning) or up the e-brake rev it up and ride out the e-brake (this way will prob burn out your brakes faster)

the goal is to spin as less as you can and get out of the hole faster, just whatever WHATEVER YOU DO, DO NOT....DO NOT rev it up and dump the clutch. unless you have drs or slicks. this will just cause you to spin and give you around a 2.0 and up 60ft. and if you dont have dr or slicks, dont bother burning out in the box because your not gaining anything from it.

ALL THIS IS COMING FROM A NON HONDA GUY, I AM TRYING TO HELP AS BEST AS I CAN, JUST WANT YOU HONDAS TO KEEP UP...that is all

locash
12-07-2008, 11:21 AM
Haha. :) Just how fast is this DSM of yours? There are a handful of fast honda's here, and I know because I do the dyno tuning on them..

Granted, there are a lot of slow ones as well, and they need all the help they can get..

In case anyone on street tires missed an important topic here, it is DRIVE AROUND THE WATERBOX!

ALL THIS IS COMING FROM A NON HONDA GUY, I AM TRYING TO HELP AS BEST AS I CAN, JUST WANT YOU HONDAS TO KEEP UP...that is all

ICD
12-07-2008, 12:21 PM
yea either rev it up and ride out the clutch (this way will prob burn out your clutch faster than your tires but make you less prone to spinning) or up the e-brake rev it up and ride out the e-brake (this way will prob burn out your brakes faster)

the goal is to spin as less as you can and get out of the hole faster, just whatever WHATEVER YOU DO, DO NOT....DO NOT rev it up and dump the clutch. unless you have drs or slicks. this will just cause you to spin and give you around a 2.0 and up 60ft. and if you dont have dr or slicks, dont bother burning out in the box because your not gaining anything from it.

thank u sir.anyone else wana add to this

LS-S DA9
12-07-2008, 12:46 PM

well i dont understand.. i ran faster times in my stock 91 teg by launching at 3000 rpms, than i ran launching from idle.. and i mean all stock with cheap ass big street tires.

ICD
12-07-2008, 03:13 PM
He didn't say launch at idle he says ride out the clutch or use e brake and ride that out

KevinBoosted
12-08-2008, 11:13 AM
Haha. :) Just how fast is this DSM of yours? There are a handful of fast honda's here, and I know because I do the dyno tuning on them..

Granted, there are a lot of slow ones as well, and they need all the help they can get..

In case anyone on street tires missed an important topic here, it is DRIVE AROUND THE WATERBOX!

ill just put it this way for now...i didnt see any honda at speedworld that night break outa 13...shit im slow and was still faster. not saying its the fastest dsm in the world and i know theres plenty of 11 and faster hondas but i just wanna help out those that look like there struggling to put down a 14 but its hard when i dont have very much fwd honda knowledge