PDA

View Full Version : Suspension Suggestions

xswingkidx
12-15-2008, 07:17 AM
I just picked up a bone stock 95 civic coupe a couple of days ago. I plan on keeping this as a daily driver since it is in good condition and has low miles. However, I would like to do some suspension work (ie. strut bars, sway bars, maybe lower it a bit) but I've never worked on a Honda newer than an 89. Do you have any suggestions for good suspension setups? Is there anything that I need to watch out for as potential problems? Bare in mind that I have no intentions of racing this. I just want something a little better for handling, taking corners, etc. but still comfortable.
Thanks.

that one guy
12-16-2008, 03:41 AM
sorry, i have never worked on anything older than a 93, but it is pretty straightforward. spring/shock/coilover combo's from 92-95 civic and 94+ integra's will all fit your car. some companies will have different spring rates for the integra vs civic, but they will still work. the biggest problem to watch out for is the bottom bolt on the rear struts that goes through the LCA sometimes gets seized. it is a real PITA. good luck!