PDA

View Full Version : Master Cleanse... Myth or Fact

Rob x3
12-23-2008, 08:01 AM
Ok, so I was reading up on this Master Cleanse diet/detox and I know I may be a bit behind on the fad diets but I'm going to give this one a try. It doesn't seem too hard. The backbone of this diet is the Cayenne-Syrup Lemonade concotion. It doesnt taste all that bad once it is all mixed together. You also need to supplement your body with vitamins and laxatives. Why vitamins and laxatives??? Because all that will be eaten/drank during the diet is the Cayenne-Syrup Lemonade!!! You're body will be deprived of some essential vitamins and minerals and will also tend to stop bowel movements since there is no solid food intake. So what am I gonna do? I'm going to take this 'Lemonade' and drink it for 10 days, and with your help and motiviation I will do it till the end...

Preparing the 'Lemonade':

8-10oz of Warm water
2 table spoons of Lemon juice (real lemons from a TREE not artificial juice)
2 table spoons of Grade B maple syrup (contains the calories and vitamins/minerals you'll need)
1/10 table spoon of Cayenne Pepper

I will be drinking this 'Lemonade' 6-12 times per day for 10 days straight. I'm sure I will at some point have some major headaches, a little crabbyness, and maybe a bit tired. But in the name of science and 'myth busting' I will do it!!!

Why do I post this on AZHT, the most immature forum on the web? Because I need some feedback and one more reason to do this... Feel free to drop in and say 'GL' or 'Hows the progress' or 'that diet is for woosies you need to lift weights'.... I just need you guys to help keep the fire burning.

I will be using this as my journal for my new myth-busting adventure...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Weight:
12/23 - 205lbs

jfizzzle
12-23-2008, 09:36 AM
isn't this the diet that Britney Spears used?

91DA9
12-23-2008, 10:24 AM
Doesn't sound like too good of an idea to me man, nothing but glorified sugar water for 10 days is just going to starve your body of the other minerals and nutrients it needs to perform properly. Sure, you'll lose weight, but the second you start eating again you're going to gain it all right back.

This part made me lol:
2 table spoons of Grade B maple syrup (contains the calories and vitamins/minerals you'll need)

Your body needs about 1,000-2,000 calories a day to function normally - I highly doubt that's in 2 tablespoons of syrup. How about trying this: Hop on a treadmill, set it for 4.5-5.0 mph(won't even get you breathing heavy) and then jog for 15-20 minutes. Do this for six days, and rest on the seventh. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. I guarantee you you'll lose more weight than you ever thought imaginable, and you'll get healthier at the same time - I've seen people literally lose their fucking minds on these fad diets because they fuck with your blood sugar levels, and I've seen people lose 50-60 pounds in two months time just because they did a little jogging everyday.

Rob x3
12-23-2008, 10:32 AM
2 Table spoons of maple syrup per 8 oz.... your supposed to drink 6-10 of these, approximate 110 calories per 8oz... if i have 10 8oz thats over 1000 calories, we'll see how it goes

Rob x3
12-23-2008, 04:47 PM
ok, so my diet lasted like 3 hours, I had In-n-Out for lunch

The President
12-23-2008, 04:52 PM
hahaha a buddies g/f did this a while back... she lasted two days.

92BlackEgMTX
12-23-2008, 04:54 PM
lmao awesome

Medina
12-23-2008, 06:18 PM

lol
keep us updated if you decide to go trough with it

SiR Mikey
12-23-2008, 07:34 PM
You're on crack

I'm going to go eat my chicken, rice and corn now

CZappettini
12-24-2008, 10:22 AM
these diets fuck with your body, you put it in a state of shock constantly by starving yourslef and then eating regularly

YourNameHere
12-25-2008, 12:31 PM

this made me LOL

Importech Performance
12-25-2008, 06:11 PM
Why do I post this on AZHT, the most immature forum on the web?

Thanks for all of your contributions.

EMPYRE
12-26-2008, 07:19 AM
eat protien, drink water, EXCERSIZE(run/jog) , and......STICK TO IT!!!! EVERY DAY! :lock:

done done.:wave1: