PDA

View Full Version : So i wanna get cut....

The God Damn Batman
12-30-2008, 10:18 AM
And start working out soon. Im about 165. 5' 11" and pretty skinny. Not crack head skinny but not big. Well i used to always have a goal of gettin big. Wanted to look like Cool J and crap.. well its not realistic. So changed all of that and im lookin to yes obviously gain some mass, but just mainly be cut and stronger.

What do you guys do to stay motivated?? I always stick to it for a month but then I get sick and its over.

I have some kidney and stomach issues, any safe supps i can use that will not trigger pain in these areas??

and what is a pretty good schedule??

i havent worked at (hard) in about a year. Thanks in advance!

Jstarda9
12-30-2008, 12:20 PM
back in the day when i was cut what i would would do is 3 reps of 12 with whatever machine you would like...I would also bust pushups on the weekend and if i ater something bad i would punish myself by doing a ton of pushups and curling until my arms hurt....

The God Damn Batman
12-30-2008, 12:41 PM
back in the day when i was cut what i would would do is 3 reps of 12 with whatever machine you would like...I would also bust pushups on the weekend and if i ater something bad i would punish myself by doing a ton of pushups and curling until my arms hurt....

with a moderate weight?? or light?

from what i heard heavy is just for building if thats correct

tWeAk_TuNe_kAboOm
12-30-2008, 02:40 PM
well im not bragging because im 6'1 and 150 but i cant gain mass. but. i have started working out on my own 4 days a week... i curl 20lb weights until my arms hurt like the guy above me and i do a lot of leg lifts and sit ups for that crazy stomach 8 pack look which is kind of working out. im trying and have made improvments. my confidence has gone up along with my self asteem. girls look a lot more. its nice bro. just be happy with what you have and just remember you want to look good foe yourself and girls generally like skinnier guys like us. cut is the way to be if you cant gain mass and it shows you take care of yourself. im not shredded to shit but i look good to myself and my girl along with her friends.

SiR Mikey
12-30-2008, 03:24 PM
You're going to need to gain mass in order to get a cut look.

First thing you gotta do is start eating right. 6 meals a day. Aim for 3500 calories a day with nothing but good food. Cut out all fast food and soda, and switch to chicken, rice, tuna, cottage cheese, oatmeal, milk, etc etc. Obviously not with a ton of salt and grease and shit, just clean simple foods. A lot of water as well! You may be able to get away with more cheat meals than most people if you have a fast metabolism like me, but try and stick with the healthy food. Everyone tried telling me I'm never going to gain weight eating this kinda food, but it's worked and is working for a couple of my other friends I help as well.

Second is get a routine down. Doing the same workout over and over and over is not going to help, and in some cases it will hurt you by overtraining. You need to shock your muscles by switching up exercises every other week or so. For example, your week could look like this...

Mon-Tris/chest
Tues-Back/traps
Wed-Legs
Thur-Shoulders/bis
Fri-Abs/forearms

And for every muscle group you pick, do(roughly) 3-4 workouts, 3-5 sets each of 5-10 reps. Figuring that out is up to you, but the general rule of thumb to gain mass is high weight, low reps. Just because your muscles don't feel retarded at the end of a workout, doesn't necessarily mean that they need to be worked more. The majority of your muscles need 48 hours to heal, and so sleep is another key to gaining muscle. Muscle repair happens most during your sleep, therefore more sleep=better healing.

As for supplements, I wouldn't even bother with them if you have liver and stomach problems. Stick to a good protein, multi-vitamin, fish oil and high protein meals. I've tried a ton of bullshit and wasted a lot of money. Diet is where 90% of your gains will come from, so eat right and be persistent with the gym. There is a lot I'm leaving out, but that is just the basics to get you going.

*inFamous*
12-30-2008, 10:18 PM
Mikey knows whats up. He used to be skinny like me lol!

The God Damn Batman
12-31-2008, 07:32 AM
You're going to need to gain mass in order to get a cut look.

First thing you gotta do is start eating right. 6 meals a day. Aim for 3500 calories a day with nothing but good food. Cut out all fast food and soda, and switch to chicken, rice, tuna, cottage cheese, oatmeal, milk, etc etc. Obviously not with a ton of salt and grease and shit, just clean simple foods. A lot of water as well! You may be able to get away with more cheat meals than most people if you have a fast metabolism like me, but try and stick with the healthy food. Everyone tried telling me I'm never going to gain weight eating this kinda food, but it's worked and is working for a couple of my other friends I help as well.

Second is get a routine down. Doing the same workout over and over and over is not going to help, and in some cases it will hurt you by overtraining. You need to shock your muscles by switching up exercises every other week or so. For example, your week could look like this...

Mon-Tris/chest
Tues-Back/traps
Wed-Legs
Thur-Shoulders/bis
Fri-Abs/forearms

And for every muscle group you pick, do(roughly) 3-4 workouts, 3-5 sets each of 5-10 reps. Figuring that out is up to you, but the general rule of thumb to gain mass is high weight, low reps. Just because your muscles don't feel retarded at the end of a workout, doesn't necessarily mean that they need to be worked more. The majority of your muscles need 48 hours to heal, and so sleep is another key to gaining muscle. Muscle repair happens most during your sleep, therefore more sleep=better healing.

As for supplements, I wouldn't even bother with them if you have liver and stomach problems. Stick to a good protein, multi-vitamin, fish oil and high protein meals. I've tried a ton of bullshit and wasted a lot of money. Diet is where 90% of your gains will come from, so eat right and be persistent with the gym. There is a lot I'm leaving out, but that is just the basics to get you going.

great info man!! thanks a ton. I think this is exactly what I needed. I have a very fast metabolism but lately I have been ok on just 2 meals a day. I dont know why. But once I start working out again that should boost back up I think.

I have already cut out the fast food, so i think i will have some pretty good results soon

The God Damn Batman
12-31-2008, 08:04 AM
well im not bragging because im 6'1 and 150 but i cant gain mass. but. i have started working out on my own 4 days a week... i curl 20lb weights until my arms hurt like the guy above me and i do a lot of leg lifts and sit ups for that crazy stomach 8 pack look which is kind of working out. im trying and have made improvments. my confidence has gone up along with my self asteem. girls look a lot more. its nice bro. just be happy with what you have and just remember you want to look good foe yourself and girls generally like skinnier guys like us. cut is the way to be if you cant gain mass and it shows you take care of yourself. im not shredded to shit but i look good to myself and my girl along with her friends.

thanks for the info man. Thats one of the reasons why im doing this becuase I would like to build my confidence up more.

tWeAk_TuNe_kAboOm
12-31-2008, 12:51 PM
oh i understand. i have very low confidence and this did help. my job helped me get cut a little more because i work out while im on the clock. im still trying to gain some mass but im happier and more confident. and sir mikey that helps me even more. man we are all gonna be the azht cut krew lol...

SiR Mikey
12-31-2008, 01:37 PM
great info man!! thanks a ton. I think this is exactly what I needed. I have a very fast metabolism but lately I have been ok on just 2 meals a day. I dont know why. But once I start working out again that should boost back up I think.

I have already cut out the fast food, so i think i will have some pretty good results soon

NP

A couple of my buddies were the same way. After about a week or so of eating constantly and working out with me they were in wtf mode. They'd eat more than they used to, but still always be hungry.

Another thing, make sure you never get hungry. As soon as that happens your body goes into starvation mode so it stores fat and uses muscle. Eating slow digesting protein before bed helps too. Drinking a big glass of milk, eating a bowl of cottage cheese etc. right before bed is what I usually do.

sictegboi3
01-09-2009, 11:59 PM
im exactly your height and wieght but im pretty fit and cut...i work out everyday though cuz its just a habbit now, but the best advise i can give you first is you gotta wanna it, have that motivation, and once your past that you learn the best way to get cut, stronger, and have endurance is tricking your body. I had "fat" marines that were over their wieght limit and to get them down, i didnt make my marines run 8 miles twice i day... i made them do srints, jogging, and just working their whole body never letting their bodies get used to what thier body is going through. when you trick your body, your motabalism keeps going cuz its tryin to adapt to your workout. sorry if this was already was stated, i didnt read and thought i could help..

crxman
01-11-2009, 07:30 PM
^^^ good info, exactly how i workout
i go 6 days a week now and have been for about 6 months. i bulked up and got to the weight i want to be at and now im also working on getting more cut. i do cardio twice a week but before did it like every other week lol. ive been lifting alot more with dumbbells and using the cable machines and i can notice im getting alot more cut. i also never did abs and i do them everyother day now as well
right now im at 6' 190 lbs and happy with myself but am still going to keep working

seth00008
01-11-2009, 07:44 PM
how would i get lean, and cut i am 6'0 and about 172 i went to the gym for about 6 weeks and did nothing but work on arms, and abs, and i saw very little results how do i loose that weight and get cut i used to be 5'8 and about 205 and then just grew into my body about my junior year but now im skinny but not as skinny as i want to be any help or advice os appreciated

crxman
01-11-2009, 08:15 PM
^^ you may not wanna get too skinny since your 6' imo, and you need to work out a lot more than arms and abs

seth00008
01-12-2009, 06:32 PM
welll im like average i guess you could say but the arms and abs is what im mainly trying to work on.

SiR Mikey
01-12-2009, 07:13 PM
welll im like average i guess you could say but the arms and abs is what im mainly trying to work on.

Work your whole body out or you'll look extremely out of proportion. At 6 foot you should probably aim towards 200. A lot of people I know think they just need to get cut, when in reality they are twigs and have no muscle to get a "cut" look from to begin with. Plus, you don't wanna end up like one of these kids.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=110949651

seth00008
01-12-2009, 08:22 PM
but i cant gain nor loose weight i stay at that and what kind of excercises should i do

crxman
01-12-2009, 09:30 PM
^^ all kinds of workouts to do man, but mainly you need to eat well, and often

SiR Mikey
01-12-2009, 10:01 PM
but i cant gain nor loose weight i stay at that and what kind of excercises should i do

I was like that and so was another member Bodykit. You have to eat, and eat a LOT! In one month of eating like I told him and lifting with me, Bodykit gained almost 10lbs(he's 5'7). He swore up and down he could eat all he wanted and not gain weight, but it's working. Most of your weight comes from your legs and back, so if you neglect those and only hit abs and arms you'll be lucky to gain 15lbs in a year. You should focus on 2 muscle groups a day, and don't hit the same muscles within 48 hours of each other. High weight, low reps and no cardio. Also try and stick to free weights as much as possible and only use cable weights when you really have to.

bodybuilding.com will answer any questions you might have

BlownspeakerBoX
01-12-2009, 10:49 PM
your the man mikey

ldog
01-20-2009, 12:35 PM
Get your swole on!!!

The Guido
01-20-2009, 01:44 PM
I need to lean out myself.....Im 5'6" 160 and about 2x a year I decide to want to loose weight. I start eating healthy and honestly dont exercise(I know its bad). Last year I was roughly about 180 and went on a diet for making weight in armwrestling...Got down to 160 and thats when I fell off the wagon again. The only thing that has kept me at 160 is eating whatever(Tyson Chicken tenders, tater tots, salami sandwiches etc) I want but I only drink Water, Propel(Kiwi Strawberry FTW) and milk. This year after volleyball and my armwrestling tournament in March...Im sticking to it and getting a damn gym membership.