PDA

View Full Version : Home audio wiring

auex
12-30-2008, 10:07 PM
Anyone have any tips for running wiring for 5.1 through the walls of a home. I have vaulted/slanted ceilings in the room in question and that is the only problem is I am not sure of how much room is in the crawl space above that portion of the house.

BlownspeakerBoX
01-02-2009, 12:31 AM
having some Fish Line could help in some circumstances

INTEGRA DC2
01-04-2009, 01:12 PM
having some Fish Line could help in some circumstances

X2 thats and a little time, lmk if you need help with the install

Honduhluv
01-07-2009, 10:58 PM
X2 thats and a little time, lmk if you need help with the install

Dont fall threw the ceiling again whoops theirs a size 10 stickin out the ceiling.

KrenzyRyan
01-08-2009, 11:47 AM
Hmmm, we did this at my dad's house, but he had a very accessible attic.

A place to start would be to map out where your two rear speakers will be. Take a thin steel rod, and shove it through the ceiling (where you uplan on having the speakers), therefore making a hole that will be seen from the attic. The hole will be big enough for fishline, and will easily allow you to pull the wire to the point. The reason you use a small rod is just in case you find a bad spot (ie. stud). This way it will not be as noticeable when you're all done.

Its a start.... GL

iNotion
01-09-2009, 11:11 AM
good luck man its gonna be super hard with valted ceilings the craw space is about 2 feet on most homes. and u would have to be crawing on drywall and insulation so idk how much weight it will hold before u go though it. your only option in valted ceilings is to get it professionally done

jdmesk
01-13-2009, 12:29 PM
if u have base boards, you could run the wiring under that. that is what i did. very unnoticable. gl...

ldog
01-25-2009, 11:48 AM
going to have to get into the attic