PDA

View Full Version : this healthy?

S!K
01-06-2009, 08:01 PM
awhile back i was sick and couldnt eat solid food. so for a week i eat was ice cream, yogurt, milk, and other liquid food. and took vitamen/protien pills. i lost 8 pounds in that week. i only gain 4 pounds since then but i have been watching wat i eat. but was it healthy wat i was doing for that one week??

bmxican
01-07-2009, 01:29 PM
no. simply as that.

CZappettini
01-07-2009, 05:28 PM
im gonns say ^ is wrong you couldnt eat solid food, its worse for your body to throw up what you eat than to eat liquid food.

your body doesnt technically need solid food, it needs nutrients, so as long as you were getting your proper nutrients it is healthy.

i mean people have their jaws screwed shut for months, and cant eat anyting solid, and theyre fine.

in my opinion what you did was fine, the only problem with drinking your food is that you dont get the same amount calories hence the weight loss

S!K
01-07-2009, 07:58 PM
im gonns say ^ is wrong you couldnt eat solid food, its worse for your body to throw up what you eat than to eat liquid food.

your body doesnt technically need solid food, it needs nutrients, so as long as you were getting your proper nutrients it is healthy.

i mean people have their jaws screwed shut for months, and cant eat anyting solid, and theyre fine.

in my opinion what you did was fine, the only problem with drinking your food is that you dont get the same amount calories hence the weight loss

yea i was eat stew most of the time. the doctor told me to take some vitamen pills and protien pills since i wont be getting them alot from the liquid foods. k. thanks i just doing to lose an exrta few pounds. i gain 4 punds sine apirl(thats when i lost the 8 pounds). i mean i'll still eat solid food once in awhile. just double checking before i end up in a hospital for improper eating.

94gay-lude
01-07-2009, 08:07 PM
fuck yeah im doing this.
last time, i just didnt eat anything for 3 days, i lost like 7 pounds. but we know that isnt healthy, lol

gcboy90
01-07-2009, 08:13 PM
i know a lot of people that do a liquid diet...

a lot of time they overdo it, and DONT get the nutrients they need. Be sure to not fall into that trap, and overdo it, and be sure to always get what your body needs.

tegswin
01-07-2009, 09:10 PM
You quite likely lost muscle and not fat. You lost weight because you were - losing fluids - not moving a lot and your body lost mass / water.

Rob x3
01-08-2009, 12:12 PM
also, on liquid diets you may end up, not with diarrhea, but with constipation because of the lack of solid food intake. So it may be wise to take a fiber supplement as well. just my .02