PDA

View Full Version : New Sheriff in town!!

Tage
01-07-2009, 08:18 PM
http://forums.clubracingaz.com/showthread.php?t=2333

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, January 07, 2009 7:53 PM
Subject: Changes for 2009

What's to come for 2009

As many of you know the schedule for 2009 is full and exciting. We have
the night event in April, PIR 3 times this spring, our Morning
Summer series, NASA Nationals at Miller Motorsports and PIR again in
the fall. That's 10 Fun filled events for the 2009-year!

Well there is one more change this year, as you will see over the next
few events. With the development of the NASA Arizona region over the
last 4 years, things must come to change. Both Marty and I have chosen to move on
to National NASA Positions. With this we will be here to help our NEW
and very excited Regional Director, Tage Evanson.

You will still see us at the event with our nice red official shirts on,
with hope we will be driving our cars and traveling to other events
around the country. We felt Tage brings all the aspects of a Regional
Director that will continue to meet and exceed the needs of our region
and help to continue to grow this region on the rapid pace it has come
to know over the last 4 seasons.

Once again, Marty and I are very excited about these changes and we can't
wait to start driving again and helping other regions grow with the
success that we have become accustom too.

See you this up coming event, if you have not registered do so now!
https://secure.drivenasa.com/event/820

See you at the Track!

Your Friends

Jason Boles , Marty Saltzman
And
NASA Arizona Regional Director
Tage Evanson

stin1
01-07-2009, 08:28 PM
Congrats.

mc_rhett_meister
01-07-2009, 08:34 PM
whoa, hell yeah Tage, thats ftw

SlowCivicHmm
01-07-2009, 10:11 PM
NIIIICE!!

I'm behind you all the way Tage...anything you need you know where to find me @ events...

Stealthy
01-07-2009, 10:23 PM
that's awesome Tage, congrats buddy.

topramn
01-07-2009, 10:23 PM
NIIIICE!!

I'm behind you all the way Tage...anything you need you know where to find me @ events...

Careful, Joser works for the enemy too! I kid, I kid. But he does.

Just got off the phone with Tage and all I can say is that he has my support 100%.

ILIKETODRIVE
01-07-2009, 10:24 PM
WHHHHHAAAAAATTTTTTTT!?!?!??!?!? Hell yeah!

Shit, less than 2 years ago I did my first event and you were my DE1 instructor, hot dogging it around West in my hatch when you took it out. :)

Congrats dude. If you need an extra hand for anything at any time, let me know. :thumbup:

SlowCivicHmm
01-07-2009, 11:07 PM
Careful, Joser works for the enemy too! I kid, I kid. But he does.

Just got off the phone with Tage and all I can say is that he has my support 100%.

ya ass!!

It should be a good 2009 Season!!

yosshaa
01-08-2009, 08:36 AM
Cheers to an exciting 09...
tage now that you're running the show how do you anticipate your seat time being effected?

drift4agze
01-08-2009, 08:52 AM
Way to go idaho!! (you have to say it like mr potato head)

No seriously thats really cool. congrats

topramn
01-08-2009, 09:40 AM
Cheers to an exciting 09...
tage now that you're running the show how do you anticipate your seat time being effected?

Like Jason, Tage has a good admin team. Whether or not it affects his seat time is a decision made solely by Tage. Jason chose not to drive more than he really needed to not drive. I had a long chat with Tage last night and I started my conversation by letting him know that he should never feel like he can't go drive and it sounds like he doesn't plan to let the changes stop him. Expect to see Tage in places that you might not regularly see him during the first few events but other than that, I expect everything to be business as usual.

PhoenixB16
01-08-2009, 09:41 AM
congrats and shit.

dantana
01-08-2009, 09:53 AM
congrats, now start paying your staff :)

91DA9
01-08-2009, 09:55 AM
Congratulations man, glad to see you moving up through the ranks both on and off the track.

PhoenixB16
01-08-2009, 09:56 AM

R O F L............choking..........dying.......dead.... ..

UMS Tuning Sales
01-08-2009, 10:46 AM
Congrats TAge!
we look forward to working with you

fmx_dbc
01-08-2009, 11:18 AM
Big congratulations Tage!
I look forward to the new Gestapo.
LOL jk

yosshaa
01-08-2009, 12:08 PM
Whether or not it affects his seat time is a decision made solely by Tage.

right sooooo thanks for chiming in ramen, I'll just wait for tage to reply to teh question i asked him.
:hithead:

Tage
01-08-2009, 12:29 PM
What Ramin says, goes!!! :)

In all seriousness, yeah my driving time will have to be sacrificed for a while. But I don't plan to completely ever stop. My goal will be to drive at least once per weekend (vs the 4-6 sessions per weekend I do now). For example, this weekend I do plan to take out Gabe's beater out at least once (hopefully on Sat) for a TT session and then on Sunday I plan to do TA in Eric's Integra (<-- his last event before he moves back to OR). The next couple events I would like to shake down my Civic to do a little test and tune before the Modified Mag Tuner Shootout in April (night event). :)

ILIKETODRIVE
01-08-2009, 01:02 PM
You still need to "shake" down my car in TT! ;)

topramn
01-08-2009, 01:06 PM
right sooooo thanks for chiming in ramen, I'll just wait for tage to reply to teh question i asked him.
:hithead:

anytime buddy! :hello:

topramn
01-08-2009, 01:12 PM
goddam double post

SlowCivicHmm
01-08-2009, 03:26 PM

muahahahhahahahahahahah FUNNY!!!

Vtecracer
01-08-2009, 04:04 PM
Congratulations Tage...
No seriously I say congrats with the utmost respect and am confident that you will do an outstanding job as the director.

and thank you again. I hope you enjoy your new role.

See you this weekend...tell you what, I will even wash the car for you :)

E

ILIKETODRIVE
01-08-2009, 04:26 PM
See you this weekend...tell you what, I will even wash the car for you :)

E

NO! You will do no such thing! When it's dirty, it's slower. I need all the help I can get!

topramn
01-08-2009, 04:32 PM
NO! You will do no such thing! When it's dirty, it's slower. I need all the help I can get!

dood.. you could put a single cam in that integra and Tage would still put shame to you.

SlowCivicHmm
01-08-2009, 04:42 PM
dood.. you could put a single cam in that integra and Tage would still put shame to you.

TOOO bad he won't drive it!! lol:clap:

But true.....only thing that can stop Tage is a flat tire....lol

BlueTeg
01-08-2009, 05:35 PM

For him to pay you, that would mean that you would have to put down your shotgun, stop thinking about what you're going to kill for the weekend and get your ass to the track.

:-p

BlueTeg
01-08-2009, 05:37 PM
But true.....only thing that can stop Tage is a flat tire....lol

Or brake failure....
[insert pic of Casper flying]

BlueTeg
01-08-2009, 05:39 PM
Tage-
Zollo wants to know if he can be your deputy for '09.

http://members.arstechnica.com/x/zuvembi/pink-assless-chaps.jpg

dantana
01-08-2009, 05:39 PM
cmon gabe keep up, its BOW season right now, shotgun is early fall ;)~
i got a new 60yrd pin that is destroying pie plates, i just need a buck to walk in front of it now!

ILIKETODRIVE
01-08-2009, 06:54 PM
lol Gabe.

Tage
01-08-2009, 07:07 PM
Flat tire: Not to toot my oh horn, but I will...

At the SCCA San Diego National Tour last year on my last run of the competition I was complaining about a horrible understeering car when turning one direction but not the other. When I crossed the finish line and pulled into the pits the tire was completely flat and it had de-beaded from the rim!!! Yeah, I still won the event.

Hey Dan, I have no problem paying you or anyone else on staff. How about I pay you $80/day, and you pay me $159+/day to run your car. Seems like a good deal to me. Let me know when you want this to go into effect ;)

krash133
01-08-2009, 07:34 PM
Congrats Tage! See you at the track this weekend

PS- Tony has your circlip, let me know if he can't find it, thx again!

dantana
01-08-2009, 08:24 PM
oh man you know im just messin:thumbup:
NASA/CRA/AZ/09!:smile:

Tage
01-08-2009, 10:51 PM
/\ I hope you know I'm just messing right back at you!

comptonasskerry
01-09-2009, 02:41 AM
shitttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt that is amazing man. congrats fosho.

ek4 hatch
01-09-2009, 02:48 AM
congrats tage!

Phantomeg
01-09-2009, 09:02 AM
http://forums.clubracingaz.com/showthread.php?t=2333

dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tage
01-09-2009, 09:17 AM
dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone ever see that movie "Dude, where's my car?". I seem to recall this one part where the two guys got tattoos on their backs. One said "Dude" and the other said "Sweet" or something like that. I would explain more but in order for it to be funny, I think you just had to have seen it. Your response reminded me of that scene... LOL!

topramn
01-09-2009, 09:43 AM
Anyone ever see that movie "Dude, where's my car?". I seem to recall this one part where the two guys got tattoos on their backs. One said "Dude" and the other said "Sweet" or something like that. I would explain more but in order for it to be funny, I think you just had to have seen it. Your response reminded me of that scene... LOL!

i remember.. didnt they keep checking each others backs and over and over?

comptonasskerry
01-09-2009, 06:55 PM
i remember.. didnt they keep checking each others backs and over and over?

that they did

SlowCivicHmm
01-10-2009, 01:42 AM
DUUUUUUDDDDEEEEE!! SAAAAHHHHWWWEEEET!!

What does mine say??

DUDE!!

WHat does mine say??

Sweeet!!

And leave it to 2 white gurls to fuk it up!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbiroqmHUv0

SlowCivicHmm
01-10-2009, 01:43 AM
also, i'm sure someone wil check this before 630am....

Its 2am...I have a fever....woke up in a cold sweat...showered...feel like i'm dying.....I WON"T BE MAKING IT TODAY!!

SORRY WARD....I texted josh to let him know....I have no cell....

SORRY FELLAS!!!

ek4 hatch
01-10-2009, 02:03 AM
sorry to hear about that Joser. i should be asleep but i was getting my car ready for later. hopefully it makes it there with no problems.

SlowCivicHmm
01-10-2009, 02:30 AM
oh u are showing up?? tell the Tech guys...

I feel bad I can't make it...

PhoenixB16
01-10-2009, 10:39 AM
Awwwwwwwww,poor lil Joser.Don't feel bad you cant make it;I dont. lol

ek4 hatch
01-10-2009, 05:42 PM
oh u are showing up?? tell the Tech guys...

I feel bad I can't make it...

yup. i went, i ran and spun out :crazy: TWICE. ask gabe he'll tell you all about it

Tage
01-10-2009, 08:10 PM
I knew it Joser! At least you still have another 31 available track days. ;)

Joe, nice seeing you out there. I hope you had a good time and will come back for some more!

SlowCivicHmm
01-10-2009, 08:53 PM

Joe, nice seeing you out there. I hope you had a good time and will come back for some more!

muahhahahaaa

I wasn't driving THIS event anyway...it wouldn't count towards my "goal" lol

I got a penecillin pescription and feel better...no ear ache and tonsil un-swollan now......sp??

<---drousy!! hhaka

I did get to hang in a lil trailer today @ FIR cuz shit hit the fan!!! ..grrr.....manana another day....BLAH!!!

THIS WEEKEND = FAIL!!

topramn
01-11-2009, 05:47 AM
muahhahahaaa

I wasn't driving THIS event anyway...it wouldn't count towards my "goal" lol

I got a penecillin pescription and feel better...no ear ache and tonsil un-swollan now......sp??

<---drousy!! hhaka

I did get to hang in a lil trailer today @ FIR cuz shit hit the fan!!! ..grrr.....manana another day....BLAH!!!

THIS WEEKEND = FAIL!!

you = fail..

ek4 hatch
01-11-2009, 05:36 PM

yeah i had lots of fun and i do plan on going out again i just need to come up with some cash

*inFamous*
01-11-2009, 06:18 PM
I made it finally, im very happy they have TAGE running it now. Good to see you again bud! Maybe i'll finally be able to get back on the track now that your in charge lol

BlueTeg
01-12-2009, 06:46 PM
yup. i went, i ran and spun out :crazy: TWICE. ask gabe he'll tell you all about it

I nearly shit my pants on the first one. Not because we were going that fast, but because I've seen T1 eat up a lot of first timer's cars and because it looks really bad on the instructors part if your student wrecks.

Glad you had fun. Your driving improved 100% by the end of the day. Hope to see you out there again in 3 weeks.

Tage
01-12-2009, 07:45 PM
I nearly shit my pants on the first one. Not because we were going that fast, but because I've seen T1 eat up a lot of first timer's cars and because it looks really bad on the instructors part if your student wrecks.

Glad you had fun. Your driving improved 100% by the end of the day. Hope to see you out there again in 3 weeks.

Ahhhh... that's an understandment at best. Short of a mechanical failure or a missed downshift there should NEVER be an accident in HPDE1. If that happens the instructor would likely loose their instructor status and/or go on probation at a minimum. :o

The President
01-12-2009, 08:08 PM
please excuse the ignorance but...
What would you say you "do" around here?

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h38/phoenixheat/Thebobs.jpg

Kinetic
01-12-2009, 08:44 PM
Ahhhh... that's an understandment at best. Short of a mechanical failure or a missed downshift there should NEVER be an accident in HPDE1. If that happens the instructor would likely loose their instructor status and/or go on probation at a minimum. :o

I believe in this case it was mechanical.....

Tage
01-12-2009, 08:57 PM
yeah i had lots of fun and i do plan on going out again i just need to come up with some cash

Who the hell uses cash these days? With a credit card you can afford anything!!! If you can't pay your bills at the end of the month, just ask the government for a "bailout" or claim bankruptcy. It's the american way. *rolleyes*

If you sign up now vs waiting until "the day of", it will be $70 less than the last event!

https://secure.drivenasa.com/event/821

ILIKETODRIVE
01-12-2009, 09:28 PM
Just signed up! w00t!

SlowCivicHmm
01-12-2009, 09:54 PM
DE 1/2/3 only Saturday???

I have plans with the family saturday afternoon...I was just going to tech and be there in the AM......outta curiosity whats up sunday??

Admin link up later right??

Tage
01-12-2009, 10:31 PM
I'm going to wait a week or so for the admin link if I do it at all. There was a bit of abuse of it's use at this past weekend so I might change that process up a bit.

SlowCivicHmm
01-12-2009, 11:03 PM
coolio, just let us know so we can sign up according to how you want us to do it.....thx!

I'm feeling better...even missed work today.....

ek4 hatch
01-13-2009, 02:50 AM

yeah sorry about that. even though it was my first time on the track i had no idea how fast i was going. and that was a stupid rookie mistake. it wont happen again at least i hope not.
yeah i hope i can get out there again. spinning out is a bad thing but honestly i thought it was the best part. you learn from you mistakes after all

even though a person has an instuctor in the car doesnt mean anything. the driver is responsable for his or her actions. and if anything would have happened i would take complete blame

I believe in this case it was mechanical.....

no no! it wasnt mechanical failure it was driver error, mistake, fuck up, whatever you'd want to call it

Who the hell uses cash these days? With a credit card you can afford anything!!! If you can't pay your bills at the end of the month, just ask the government for a "bailout" or claim bankruptcy. It's the american way. *rolleyes*

If you sign up now vs waiting until "the day of", it will be $70 less than the last event!

https://secure.drivenasa.com/event/821

i didnt mean cash to pay for entry fee, i ment to pay for my maxed out credit card. once i have enough for the fee then ill sign up. most likely after i sign up it'll be maxed out again :grin:

ILIKETODRIVE
01-13-2009, 08:22 AM
even though a person has an instuctor in the car doesnt mean anything. the driver is responsable for his or her actions. and if anything would have happened i would take complete blame

Not in DE1. The instructor runs the show.

Case in point: just ask Tage about my DE1 day. ;)

ek4 hatch
01-13-2009, 10:45 PM
Not in DE1. The instructor runs the show.

Case in point: just ask Tage about my DE1 day. ;)

will do. this should be interesting

PhoenixB16
01-14-2009, 08:16 AM
I'm going to wait a week or so for the admin link if I do it at all. There was a bit of abuse of it's use at this past weekend so I might change that process up a bit.

R O F L! A bit of abuse the past 6-7 years!.....LOL

ANGRYINCH!!!
01-31-2009, 11:11 PM
congrats to tage awesome guy to no and to do bizz with

Nott_Sure
01-31-2009, 11:18 PM
Tage FTMFW! :)