PDA

View Full Version : Jfizzles torn rotor cuff

hush22@cox.net
01-13-2009, 09:04 AM
Im a retard ROTATOR CUFF

My boy got an injury and is hurt and sad. He needs some pointers on some rehab exercises to get him back up!

If he had already posted please forgive me.

Hes limited to low body. Any movement with the arms with weight causes pain.

The President
01-13-2009, 10:24 AM
this sucks, happened to me in highschool baseball.
You can do one of two things.

Surgery
or just try to strengthen it once it starts to feel better by using those big rubberbands. I forget the exact exercises that I was doing but they helped quite a bit. Only thing that sucks is I can only throw a ball about 60mph now as opposed to the 75-80 that I used to be able to.

die in a dick fire noob
01-13-2009, 11:26 AM
yeah rotator cuff injuries suck... i have a partially torn rotator cuff on my left arm, the best thing i've found for it was to do really low weight excercizes or resistance like phoenix said. surgery is typically the main course of action though

jfizzzle
01-13-2009, 05:30 PM
My boy got an injury and is hurt and sad. He needs some pointers on some rehab exercises to get him back up!

If he had already posted please forgive me.

Hes limited to low body. Any movement with the arms with weight causes pain.

.. I feel loved.. thanks for looking out yo! I attended my first physical therapy session today and

they gave me some good exercises (resistance) some with the rubberband thing and some with low weight (2-3 pounds).

I have to go to physical therapy 3 times a week for a month then get another evaluation to see if I made any progression.

I'll keep you guys informed if I can recover fully.. I'm praying I dont need surgery.. as of right now, I cant complete one push-up :(

94EXCIVIC
01-13-2009, 05:35 PM
damn bro hope you feel better man

SiR Mikey
01-13-2009, 08:21 PM
Holy shit man, sorry to hear :(. Hurting myself is my biggest fear now, even if it's just a rolled ankle. What caused it?

The President
01-13-2009, 08:23 PM
numerous things can cause it. mine was obviously, throwing a ball harder than I was meant for. Seeing his previous posts, I'd assume he was either A: lifting too much weight or B: wasn't using proper form for a lift/exercise.

SiR Mikey
01-13-2009, 08:41 PM
numerous things can cause it. mine was obviously, throwing a ball harder than I was meant for. Seeing his previous posts, I'd assume he was either A: lifting too much weight or B: wasn't using proper form for a lift/exercise.

I'm just hoping his reply isn't A or B, I'm seriously so paranoid about that happening to me.

jfizzzle
01-13-2009, 09:40 PM
I wish it were from working out.... I'm always careful about form and the amount of weight I'm capable of..... Unfortunately, I'm not careful about what I do when I'm intoxicated.. I injured it from drunken armwrestling 3 people, two of which weigh 280 pounds or more, and I weigh 155.. I'm stupid

jfizzzle
01-13-2009, 09:42 PM
...but I did beat one of the 280 lb guys :thumbup:

rudsone
01-13-2009, 09:42 PM
dear diary,

today i found that i can really hurt myself arm wrestling everybody when im drunk.

d00d i didnt knwo you could do that much damage by that!

jfizzzle
01-13-2009, 09:45 PM
^^LOL me either... lesson learned

SiR Mikey
01-13-2009, 10:18 PM
...but I did beat one of the 280 lb guys :thumbup:

LMAO!

Man that sucks. When I'm drunk I'm extremely weak so I never even bother with arm wrestling.

PhoenixB16
01-14-2009, 10:44 AM
Hell,two friends of mine,both about 150 lbs,were arm wrestling and ones arm broke and blew through the skin on the back of his arm,by his elbow. you should see the fucking scar from THAT shit happening Like 8 inches..... His doctor said its not really that uncommon either..........

hush22@cox.net
01-14-2009, 07:23 PM
Well if you know Jfizzzle like i do....... We call me Mighty Mouse!

jfizzzle
04-17-2009, 06:16 AM
good news, havent been on here for a while but shoulder is 100% better and stronger than ever. it only took like 4 months lol. on my way to becoming a professional bodybuilder

crxhfb16
04-17-2009, 07:26 AM
where have u been fell of the face of the earth for awhile.

jfizzzle
04-22-2009, 06:11 AM
yeah i know man, im here in south carolina right now for recruiting school and don't have a computer.