PDA

View Full Version : 10 lbs to lose....having trouble

K20VTEC
01-15-2009, 08:23 AM
I started about a year ago trying to lose weight. I fell off the wagon pretty bad for a couple months, got back into it and fell off again. Mainly enjoyed my time with my friends.

I started at 138 lbs, and got myself down to 119-120. I want to get down to at least 110, but things are not easy. Any suggestions?? I try to eat around 1200 calories a day, and workout about 5 times a week. Now understand that I have been hitting the gym routine pretty religiously since about new years. Any food ideas?? Anything? thanks. :)

bmxican
01-15-2009, 11:07 AM
i'm praying you are a female. In that case, this is really going to count on what you are eating! Maybe you are starving yourself too much with 1200 calories a day. I say you boost that up to 1400-1500 for a week then drop it back down to 1200. Your body might be in shock mode with how low your cals are at the moment. What type of exercise are ou doing when you go to the gym?

Rob x3
01-15-2009, 11:41 AM
x2 cuz if you're a dood and want to weigh 110lbs, there's something wrong with you....

K20VTEC
01-15-2009, 12:09 PM
Yes I am a girl. I focus alot of my time on cardio. Trying to do a solid 30-40 minutes of that then hit some weight and do some floor exercises.

I do pretty good at 1200 calories. I have cereal in the AM, salad around lunch, and chicken and veggies for dinner...something like that. I don't feel I'm starving myself. I lost 16 lbs eating this way before....

I guess worst case if I didn't lose weight...toning up would be nice.

bmxican
01-15-2009, 06:45 PM
you should probably try HIIT (high intensity training) for your cardio. what type of weights do you do? Like I said, I think kicking the calories up for a week or two then dropping them again will help you break your plateau.

K20VTEC
01-16-2009, 07:47 AM
Thanks I will try that. I more so use free weights at the gym.

bmxican
01-16-2009, 02:16 PM
what type of exercises do you use with the weights? Depending on what body part you want to hit.

The President
01-16-2009, 03:02 PM
weight training for you should be with lighter weights with more reps. Supersets will also help you keep your heart rate up.

boostedrex
01-17-2009, 02:46 AM
x2 cuz if you're a dood and want to weigh 110lbs, there's something wrong with you....

look at her sig

K20VTEC
01-17-2009, 07:55 AM
what type of exercises do you use with the weights? Depending on what body part you want to hit.

It's usually some strong leg exercises. I try to target my hips/butt and thighs. But also do some arm exercises.

bmxican
01-20-2009, 02:13 PM
have you tried doing some box squats/squats? that way you can get an overall body work out. I know most people don't do squats especially women, but that is one of the best workouts you can do and get really great results.

K20VTEC
01-21-2009, 09:14 AM
I have never heard of box squats.....

trusohc
01-21-2009, 05:11 PM
well the thing wt the food that will work i was bored home and watching a lame show is that not how much you eat as much as the times you eat three meals? well try to do like 5 or 6 meals spread those three prtions into the 6 so you wont eat more but ull speed up your motabolizme like that

IntensePower
01-22-2009, 09:13 AM
things to keep in mind, if you are working out and eating properly you will build muscle, muscle weighing more than fat will obviously make you gain weight but, you will be more toned.

Agreed on the eating 5-6 times a day but smaller portions and everytime you eat include protein into it whatever it may be.

It has to do with blood sugar levels too and always keeping them balanced. When you wake up drink a small glass of juice before anything as you wake up in starvation mode, get that blood sugar bumped up, then some protein not just cereal {carbs} for breakfast. Cereals ok but make sure you give your muscles some protection as well.

Anyway dont worry so much about what you weigh as much as what you look like and possibly size of clothing and how it fits. WAY too many people get caught up in the weight game and it will be a losing battle.

bmxican
01-22-2009, 12:44 PM
things to keep in mind, if you are working out and eating properly you will build muscle, muscle weighing more than fat will obviously make you gain weight but, you will be more toned.

Agreed on the eating 5-6 times a day but smaller portions and everytime you eat include protein into it whatever it may be.

It has to do with blood sugar levels too and always keeping them balanced. When you wake up drink a small glass of juice before anything as you wake up in starvation mode, get that blood sugar bumped up, then some protein not just cereal {carbs} for breakfast. Cereals ok but make sure you give your muscles some protection as well.

Anyway dont worry so much about what you weigh as much as what you look like and possibly size of clothing and how it fits. WAY too many people get caught up in the weight game and it will be a losing battle.

the only reason the 5-6 meals works is because you are not having your body go into starvation mode. I eat every 2-3 hours regardless. May it be a slice of bread with peanut butter or an orange. I always try to eat!

the box squats are a great work out if you want a total work out!!! Are you pretty flexible?

K20VTEC
01-23-2009, 12:55 PM
LOL not really flexible at all. There are reasons behind that. I try to eat multiple times a day. I feel pretty good so far.... been going to the gym about 5 times a week. Been working out pretty well since New Years. So I have to give myself props for that. I hope to look better by the end of February.

91tegc5
01-23-2009, 01:59 PM
im no expert but it sounds like you might be working to hard. 5 times a week is good only if your doing separate muscles areas on different days. 30 to 40 minutes of cardio wont do much now that your doing it everyday. try doing 20 mins with spurts. like 10 mins medium to slow speed then 2 or 3 mins high then back down and up again. I have found this works better for me but Im a dude. just my .2.

bmxican
01-24-2009, 12:36 AM
im no expert but it sounds like you might be working to hard. 5 times a week is good only if your doing separate muscles areas on different days. 30 to 40 minutes of cardio wont do much now that your doing it everyday. try doing 20 mins with spurts. like 10 mins medium to slow speed then 2 or 3 mins high then back down and up again. I have found this works better for me but Im a dude. just my .2.

that is basically what I told her. HIIT is what that style/method is called. Well, hopefully you can get flexible because squats and lunges can help you tremendously if you start incorporating them in your routine. If I can do box/ass to the grass squats you should be able too.

K20VTEC
01-24-2009, 05:04 AM
that is basically what I told her. HIIT is what that style/method is called. Well, hopefully you can get flexible because squats and lunges can help you tremendously if you start incorporating them in your routine. If I can do box/ass to the grass squats you should be able too.

Can you explain what that is??? Please.....
I can do lunges and squats no problem....but unsure what box squats are. :)

IntensePower
01-26-2009, 09:41 AM

your insecurity really shows through in your postings, it should be the K20 asks Bmexican how to lose weight thread... lmao. Chill dude chill. Its ok for others to give her feedback without you attempting to explain their post or saying that what I said. I understand you're trying to help but calmate holmes. LMAO

I agree with the overworking, you need recovery time and too much cardio and not enough rest can stress your body and create cortisol which will make you retain weight as well.

K20VTEC
01-26-2009, 10:54 AM
your insecurity really shows through in your postings, it should be the K20 asks Bmexican how to lose weight thread... lmao. Chill dude chill. Its ok for others to give her feedback without you attempting to explain their post or saying that what I said. I understand you're trying to help but calmate holmes. LMAO

I agree with the overworking, you need recovery time and too much cardio and not enough rest can stress your body and create cortisol which will make you retain weight as well.

Thanks for the input. I unfortunately am stressing about alot of things.... unemployment and so on....
i am trying to switch things up. I will try the high intensity and see how that goes.

CZappettini
01-26-2009, 10:59 AM
you should throw in some plyometrics, that is nuts, or try running backwards if thats what you do for cardio, it sounds weird, but you will feel it for sure, like if you jog, every now and again stop and do jump squats, and then run backwards do somemore jump squats then continue running forward.

K20VTEC
01-26-2009, 11:23 AM
Wow....interesting suggestion. :) Thanks

CZappettini
01-26-2009, 11:34 AM
ik it sounds weird, but its really good for your legs because you only work certain muscles when your run regularly, when you run backwards you work the opposite muscles, and you feel a whole different experience. as for the jump squats only do like 3 at a time, theyre only there to break the monotony that your muscles are going through. there are a lot of plyometrics you can throw in there as well, that will make your cardio a lot more intense

K20VTEC
01-26-2009, 11:40 AM
Very true. I will have to try that out. :)

CZappettini
01-26-2009, 12:03 PM
sweet, love to help people out, also idk if you taken a look at my thread on vitamins, but you should definitely check it out, but then again that all depends on financial situation

K20VTEC
01-26-2009, 12:45 PM
Yeah I will check it out. Thanks.

CZappettini
01-26-2009, 11:47 PM
have you had a chance to try it yet?

bmxican
01-27-2009, 12:25 AM

no, just so other readers/OP knows what that style is called if one day they want to relay the message onto another person. Thats it really, HIIT lol. shit kicks ass man.:snookems:

bryans_k20
01-27-2009, 01:06 AM
How tall are you?
No offense but you may be trying to get too skinny, to a point its less healthy. I know myself I appreciate a well built girl much more than a skinny one.

A great way, maybe the best, to get a full body workout and loose weight fast is swimming. Find a lap pool and swim laps for one hour strait. The first few times it might be hard but just like running you will get used to it fast. And when you swim there is fluid resistance along your whole body, so not only is it better for your joints due to less shock, it also exercises more muscles at one time.

There are many exercises you can do while swimming also, you don't just have to freestyle from one end to the next. Mix it up a bit. Swim under water sometimes taking larger breaths, helps build the lungs strength, try treading water for 5mins, then try treading water for 2mins without using your arms and while keeping your shoulders above the water (a tuff one but very rewarding), also swim with just your arms. Water is your friend, it is a great element to exercise in, plus you get a tan at the same time. Its a win - win. lol :)

K20VTEC
01-27-2009, 07:43 AM
I am 5 feet tall. So no I am not going to get too skinny..... I don't like how I look just yet. I have lost about 20 lbs so far. I started at about 140 lbs....I can't believe I let myself get that big. I found old pics of me and it was embarrassing. I should be proud of myself for what I have achieved but I'm not.

91tegc5
01-27-2009, 09:06 AM
Dam girl you need to think more positive about yourself. Im proud that you have stuck in there and kept going and I dont even know you lol. Dont give up and if none of us are giving the answers your looking for, do your research online. I have found tons of stuff that has help me and showed me different things. Dont let all your problems get in your way and stay positive about your life. (I should be taking my own advice Dam shitty Bills)

Rufus
01-27-2009, 09:08 AM
Ya but I bet your bewbies got big... just sayin.

91tegc5
01-27-2009, 09:14 AM
Ya but I bet your bewbies got big... just sayin.

Actually when girls work out boobs are the firsts thing to go. because if you don't know that's the fattiest tissue in a ladies body lol

Rufus
01-27-2009, 09:18 AM
No I meant, when she was at 140 d00d

EG6_SiR
01-27-2009, 09:28 AM
fuckin dallis

91tegc5
01-27-2009, 09:34 AM
I vote to see before and current pictures!!!!

Rufus
01-27-2009, 09:39 AM
Of her boobs? Sure

K20VTEC
01-27-2009, 11:29 AM
Oh man my before pics are bad.... ask my boyfriend. LOL
He is pretty proud of me for caring about my body enough to do something about it.

you have a bodybuilding.com profile??

And yes you are right boobs are the first to go.

THE ONE
01-27-2009, 11:33 AM
retarded...

CZappettini
01-27-2009, 11:34 AM
^ whats retarded?

Rufus
01-27-2009, 11:36 AM
Boob, good Sir, are not retarded

K20VTEC
01-27-2009, 11:42 AM
retarded...

Just state what you think is retarded..... I was fat before.

CZappettini
01-27-2009, 12:22 PM
i see, have you had a chance to try plyometrics

K20VTEC
01-27-2009, 12:48 PM
Oh no I haven't tried that yet.

CZappettini
01-27-2009, 01:01 PM
get on it, i gotta do my cardio tonight, always kicks my ass

K20VTEC
01-27-2009, 01:28 PM
You go to the gym????

THE ONE
01-27-2009, 01:54 PM
Just state what you think is retarded..... I was fat before.

Conversation turning to boobs, you going along with it, and you saying you were fat. That is all I have to say.

Rufus
01-27-2009, 02:09 PM
What's wrong with talking about boobs?

K20VTEC
01-27-2009, 02:14 PM
Conversation turning to boobs, you going along with it, and you saying you were fat. That is all I have to say.

Well true this is a male dominate website....I should know better....but not like I would post up pics of myself on here. LOL

I was fat. There is no doubting that. I noticed this and took care of it.

*corrected for spelling* LOL

91tegc5
01-27-2009, 02:47 PM
Well true this is a male dominate website....I should no better....but not like I would post up pics of myself on here. LOL

Well I didnt mean to bring this on. I was asking so we could help give you some motivation and see how much of a deal this is for you. Then 1 of our mod's Wont Say no names but (Rufus) decided to turn it to a boob thing and here we are now. Either way I think you shouldn't stop. Just keep up your hard work and try not to get stuck and burn your self out. Good luck Girl!!!

Rufus
01-27-2009, 03:21 PM
Shit dude, I love boobs. Jesus.

CZappettini
01-27-2009, 03:27 PM
Yes I go to the gym if that's what you were asking

K20VTEC
01-27-2009, 06:04 PM
Yeah I like to know how people are working out......
Thanks

K20VTEC
01-27-2009, 06:05 PM
Well I didnt mean to bring this on. I was asking so we could help give you some motivation and see how much of a deal this is for you. Then 1 of our mod's Wont Say no names but (Rufus) decided to turn it to a boob thing and here we are now. Either way I think you shouldn't stop. Just keep up your hard work and try not to get stuck and burn your self out. Good luck Girl!!!

No worries..... you did nothing wrong. You asked a question. Yes so someone said something about boobs.....I'm not offended or upset. I am not going to stop. I am trying pretty hard and hope to see results soon. I appreciate your help and concern.......

THE ONE
01-27-2009, 06:23 PM
Well true this is a male dominate website....I should no better....but not like I would post up pics of myself on here. LOL

You should "know" better. LOL. I still get to correct your grammar! There was something to make you smile. Hope it did. But I'm done talking to you now. Take care.

CZappettini
01-27-2009, 06:27 PM
yeah i workout 5 days a weeks, 2 days uperbody 1 day lower 2 days cardio and 2 days off woowoo

K20VTEC
01-27-2009, 06:41 PM
You should "know" better. LOL. I still get to correct your grammar! There was something to make you smile. Hope it did. But I'm done talking to you now. Take care.

You are right. I misspelled that. I should have "known" better.

jscivic
01-27-2009, 07:06 PM
I have pics of her boobs....... I'll start the bidding at $20. LOL

*cash, money order, certified check, or paypal are the only forms of payment accepted*

Rufus
01-27-2009, 10:05 PM
Ummm are they WORTH $20

bmxican
01-27-2009, 10:51 PM
I go to the gym to train 3xs a week. I live by the 5x5 program and stay true some what to the westside barbell style, along with some hypetrophy!

91tegc5
01-28-2009, 09:17 AM
Ummm are they WORTH $20

WOW I agree with him. $20 kinda low ballin right off the back lol.
Anyway I go 5x's a week also 2 lower 1 only cardio and 2 upper alnog with 15 minutes of cardio on each day. all opposite days. Along with work 5 days and school 3x's a week lol

K20VTEC
01-28-2009, 09:46 AM
hahahaha......hey yeah what's up with that lowballin starting bid??? Jeez.......

Well I always thought that the only way to lose weight would be to do cardio every time you work out....then add weights to lean out. Am I wrong?

Rufus
01-28-2009, 09:49 AM
No, you have to burn more than you consume. That's pretty simple.

bmxican
01-28-2009, 09:49 AM
hahahaha......hey yeah what's up with that lowballin starting bid??? Jeez.......

Well I always thought that the only way to lose weight would be to do cardio every time you work out....then add weights to lean out. Am I wrong?

yeah, you are partially wrong in that concept. I only do 30minute cardio 3x's a week and sometimes run on sundays. I mostly do strength training because of the style of lifting I do. I've lost 100lbs doing it this way, and am a lot happier than just "leaning out" or looking like a skinny dood.

K20VTEC
01-28-2009, 10:03 AM
Well my body burns about 1500 calories a day by just regular activity. Then with my working out doing cardio that burns about 400, then I try to consume about 1200 calories a day.....so I would say that I am burning more than I am taking in.....

bmxican
01-28-2009, 10:11 AM
yes, but you might have your body in starvation mode. where it thinks you are starving yourself so it's trying to compensate. I'm guess you will be losing quite of bit of muscle as well.

K20VTEC
01-28-2009, 10:14 AM
yes, but you might have your body in starvation mode. where it thinks you are starving yourself so it's trying to compensate. I'm guess you will be losing quite of bit of muscle as well.

It's not that I'm trying to be in starvation mode. I eat. I promise you that. I will try to bump it up and eat more I guess. I used to drink protein shakes.....but for some reason now I can't stand them. The taste is absolutely horrible.

CZappettini
01-28-2009, 10:50 AM
what protein are you drinking?

Rufus
01-28-2009, 12:25 PM
Mangravy

K20VTEC
01-28-2009, 01:03 PM
what protein are you drinking?

I was using the Vitamin Shoppe brand. Low calories high protein. But I can't drink it anymore. Soooo gross.

bmxican
01-28-2009, 01:44 PM
try the syntha 6 if you want more taste. I have sooo many freaking trial packs of different wheys/caseins you could try it out I always hand them out. If anything you should have a protein shake in the morning to get you going. Remember most of them have lean lipids so don't worry to much about the fat content.

K20VTEC
01-28-2009, 01:57 PM
try the syntha 6 if you want more taste. I have sooo many freaking trial packs of different wheys/caseins you could try it out I always hand them out. If anything you should have a protein shake in the morning to get you going. Remember most of them have lean lipids so don't worry to much about the fat content.

Yeah that would be cool if I could find a protein shake that I can handle. Muscle Milk is pretty good....but pretty high in calories and such. I used to drink 3 8 oz glasses of protein a day....

CZappettini
01-28-2009, 04:37 PM
try muscle milk light, i can get you almost wholesale on them through my job, and bmxican is right syntha6 is probably the best protein on the market.

oh oh oh we sell this protein called nectar, soooo good, and it only has 90cal 0g fat 0g carbs and 20g protein per serving.

id say come out and try some, but were in a gym and in queen creek

K20VTEC
01-28-2009, 06:45 PM
Holy crap yeah sort of far. LOL
Mail me some...... hahaha

Oh yeah that Nectar protein....omg.....I almost barfed when I tried that stuff. :) Yeah I guess I'm picky in the protein department. :)

CZappettini
01-28-2009, 08:12 PM
Haha I could mail you a "sample" if you really like, it's good shit, hella flavors, chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, cookies and cream, and banana. If you live around cave creek and the 101 I can drop some cookies and cream by. Let me know

bmxican
01-28-2009, 09:58 PM
dood, you think you can get me a good price on some muscle milk or even syntha 6?? I want like 10-15lbs worth

CZappettini
01-28-2009, 10:31 PM
um i can get syntha6 for about 27/8 and muscle milk for about 25 in the 2.5lb containers, and noxplode for like 35 (40 serve) 40 (50 serve) 45 (60 serve)

K20VTEC
01-29-2009, 08:21 AM
Haha I could mail you a "sample" if you really like, it's good shit, hella flavors, chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, cookies and cream, and banana. If you live around cave creek and the 101 I can drop some cookies and cream by. Let me know

LOL Thanks. No don't live exactly near there.... How do you get samples???

I would probably be more interested in the Syntec or just trying to Muscle Milk light....but that will have to be when I have a job. Thanks

CZappettini
01-29-2009, 09:13 AM
well i have a lot i would just give you a scoop haha. however muscle milk light in the premaid bottles was shit, god awful, idk about in the container tho

bmxican
01-29-2009, 02:10 PM
muscle milk light is a freakin gimmick guys. just one scoop regular muscle milk and you are basically getting the same stats lol.

CZappettini
01-29-2009, 05:06 PM
not in the containers, same amount of liquid, but light has less everything, including taste

K20VTEC
01-30-2009, 09:00 AM
So good news is pants that were a tiny bit tight a couple weeks ago are more loose today. :) yay!!

CZappettini
01-30-2009, 11:11 AM
good work, have you tried the plyometrics yet?

K20VTEC
01-31-2009, 10:54 AM
I skipped the gym yesterday.... we went to the Avenged Sevenfold concert....so kick ass.
I have to go today though.... I'll keep that idea in mind.

CZappettini
01-31-2009, 08:37 PM
I bet that shit was awesome, u get crazy drunk?

vtecthis
02-01-2009, 04:39 AM
i started mountain biking, and im losing weight fast, my girl is anbout the same as you. 5 foot and 140 she does alot of cardio (sp) and its working also started watch her food intake to about 1200 cal. a day, also cutting ranch, milk, bread and soda made a big change for me. good luck

K20VTEC
02-01-2009, 01:29 PM
I bet that shit was awesome, u get crazy drunk?

It was awesome. No not drunk. Boyfriend and I went to the Yard House before the concert. Had a couple Kilts...MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

K20VTEC
02-01-2009, 01:30 PM
i started mountain biking, and im losing weight fast, my girl is anbout the same as you. 5 foot and 140 she does alot of cardio (sp) and its working also started watch her food intake to about 1200 cal. a day, also cutting ranch, milk, bread and soda made a big change for me. good luck

I wish you guys luck. It's not easy trying to lose weight. But once I started seeing the lbs come off I got more into it. It's nice to see your girl cares about her health.

vtecthis
02-01-2009, 08:39 PM
yeah im happy too shes getting hotter every week

LGRSXDUDE
02-01-2009, 08:54 PM
well you can always try speeding up your matbolism....try eating 5 times a day but in small portions, and try to eat on a clock. When you wake up try eating a good breakfast cuz your body needs that have something to break down in the morning. this is if you wake around 7 or 8 am. then have a snack at around 1030ish like a yogurt or something. then have a good lunch like a sandwich or something cuz by afternoon is when your body is burning up the most calories and is needing the protien (if your still working out) then you could have another snack at about 3 again like a bannana or something light. so that by 6 you can eat a light dinner so you dont go to bed with so much in your stomach. i tried this and it worked out pritty good. it get's to a point where you start to lose weight over night and whats even more crazy is if you do get around to eating a cheese burger, over night you will still lose some weight. you may even wake up and feel your abs a little tighter. cuz losing weight dosent mean your have to beat your body up at the gym it's how you eat and when you eat. also keep in mind that your main meals have to be small portion; serving's the size of your fist.

K20VTEC
02-16-2009, 11:25 AM
True yes. I try to do that....doesn't always happen but I try.
Well I don't think I hit my "goal". I have about 2 weeks left. We'll see.

IntensePower
02-20-2009, 04:15 PM
BEER BTW NOT GOING TO HELP YOU LOSE WEIGHT AT ALL.Im sure you know this but if you have a goal it means sacrifice and beer will put a gut on you quicker than almost anything, especially KILTS!

berny2435
02-21-2009, 08:25 AM
a friend of mine that doesn 't work out actually just dropped 11lbs in 3 weeks with weight watchers and runnin 2 miles (3-4 times a week). Portion control and getting into a routine was the main thing.. . He captured the weight watchers 5% goal early. It sounds gay but it worked for him.. . I don't think weight watchers program would work for someone honestly trying to get stronger though. You'd blow your calorie intake out of the water.

CZappettini
02-24-2009, 01:31 AM
any updates?

OhDang
02-25-2009, 01:41 AM
any updates?

http://eatliver.com/img/2009/4031.jpg

F E R I O L O V E
03-03-2009, 11:40 PM
well lets see... i started off at 107 before i got a b/f and then when we got together...i gained about 10 pounds and then 3 years later i got pregnant and while i was pregnant i had gained about 26 pounds during my entire pregnancy...then i had my lil one and now i weigh about 136...which to me is HUGE! i shouldnt be this big! im only 21..any tips on how to loose it but not by goin to the gym cuz memberships are expensive and i have a 1 year old who's growing fast! haha any helpful tips?

K20VTEC
03-27-2009, 01:07 PM
well lets see... i started off at 107 before i got a b/f and then when we got together...i gained about 10 pounds and then 3 years later i got pregnant and while i was pregnant i had gained about 26 pounds during my entire pregnancy...then i had my lil one and now i weigh about 136...which to me is HUGE! i shouldnt be this big! im only 21..any tips on how to loose it but not by goin to the gym cuz memberships are expensive and i have a 1 year old who's growing fast! haha any helpful tips?

Well I doubt you are "huge". But I pat you on the back for noticing that a change needs to be made. Just do normal activity daily, go for a jog for 30 minutes, or a brisk walk with your baby. Or you could buy a workout video and do that at home. Just like the guys have said....portion control and watch what you eat. You can do it :)

K20VTEC
03-27-2009, 01:09 PM
Updates? Nothing to report really. Been trying to go to the gym at least 4-5 times a week. I maybe can see a slight difference.....MAYBE. I am too hard on myself however, so I don't think there is improvement until the numbers on the scale go down.......
I will just keep trying I guess.

IntensePower
03-31-2009, 05:32 PM
Numbers on a scale dont mean SH*T, remember that, youre going to gain muscle if eating and training properly. You'll lose fat then replace it with muscle... who cares what you weigh vs what you look like.

Are you measuring at all, waiste, legs, thighs, arms etc? Thats the only way youll really know as small as you already are.

are things getting tighter... muscles wise,... LOL feel free to share if other things are getting tighter though... I JOKE I JOKE (unless you gonna)

4-5 times a week is a bit much also if you are not training properly, you could be overtraining too.

Majority of this info is available on the internet or asking a trainer. I think Ive even posted similar things to this before however some people refuse to listen to those who know. Meh just my .02:type:

ArsonALL
05-06-2009, 07:25 AM
^^100% agree^^

reyes1212
05-06-2009, 11:38 PM
i'm running on about 800 cals a day, doing p90x, and getting results!
Almost got that six pack....almost.
but at the same time, I'm usually at my desk all damn day until i have to go do p90x again, but other than that, 800 cals are fine for what I'm going for.
It's when you are doing other stuff during the day that it'll wear you down. but like some have said i think 1200 is a good number to go with for a few weeks...religiously.

bb4arson
05-06-2009, 11:56 PM
BEER BTW NOT GOING TO HELP YOU LOSE WEIGHT AT ALL.Im sure you know this but if you have a goal it means sacrifice and beer will put a gut on you quicker than almost anything, especially KILTS!

soooo true ! but you can do lower ab work outs to keep the beer belly off
and swimming is the best way to lose weight and keep your weight stable but i consider inside pools cause in the summer a hour in the pool dazes you and exhausts you alot but ..you do accoplish alot ..
sometimes i felt like i couldnt walk ..feels good though:cool::thumbsup:

Smashing_Vtec
05-06-2009, 11:59 PM
im doing it as well without taking anything all natural

johnb20
05-07-2009, 09:35 AM
lower your carbs and sugar intake. i bought a bike so i can ride it to the gym its way better and fun. make sure your lifting weights so it burn more fat.