PDA

View Full Version : need some desperate help

[[auto]]EG
01-18-2009, 07:22 AM
ha last night we boosted my single slammer and she runs like a fucken beast but for some reason it is over heating after every run, we blew one radiator already and i dont believe that water is running properly through the lines?? it is only a oil and water cooled turbo so that is a problem if there is no flowing water but idk whats wrong

*inFamous*
01-18-2009, 09:12 AM
Is it boiling the coolant ?

[[auto]]EG
01-18-2009, 09:15 AM
yea pretty much i run it for a while and its a fog machine and the coolant is long gone

*inFamous*
01-18-2009, 09:23 AM
Sounds like a blown headgasket honestly. Exhaust gas is escaping into the coolant, displacing the coolant with hot air, causing you to overheat and the excess coolant leaves the system at the weakest point...

[[auto]]EG
01-18-2009, 09:26 AM
yea but idk the seals all look fine and the smoke is all coming from the downpipe cause at the moment its running open downpipe

*inFamous*
01-18-2009, 09:29 AM
so your burning coolant :) Hence its coming from the downpipe. White im guessing.
The exterior seals wont give you any insight on the condition of the headgasket. A compression test/leakdown test will give you an insight on the headgaskets current state.

Also check for oil in the coolant or coolant in the oil (white stuff in the oil = bad)

[[auto]]EG
01-18-2009, 09:32 AM
yea kinda sounds right dammit but would that effect the way it is running because it is still running very very strong it just burns too much

*inFamous*
01-18-2009, 09:39 AM
not necessarily, it may perform a little worse like misfiring but u can have a small rupture that just causes u to burn small amounts but when dealing with a turbo car, it can take only a small leak to creat alot of havoc.

Get it compression tested.

[[auto]]EG
01-18-2009, 09:43 AM
cool man thanks alot you really helped ill get that done and let you know what happen

*inFamous*
01-18-2009, 09:46 AM
Right on! Good luck!