PDA

View Full Version : Window Squeeking

MrRline2010
01-28-2009, 05:28 AM
Pardon me for asking this probably stupid question but I noticed my passenger window is squeeking when I roll it up. Would I need to lubricate something with the window motor to stop this sound or something in the track? I'm not really familar with the workings of this so I figured i'd ask before ripping stuff apart.

sniperscout
01-28-2009, 12:26 PM
id say to atleast pull the door panel off so you can locate the squeek

Rufus
01-28-2009, 12:34 PM
Prolly on the rubber sides.

atomicx
01-28-2009, 06:10 PM
take of the panel and apply grease where its squeaking, usually there's 2 brackets that help the window roll straight up and straight down, most of the time those brackets rub against the bar that holds the bracket that holds the window in place. You'll know what im talking about when you take the panel apart and see. I did this before so its pretty simple.

Ok so i tried to find a detailed enough picture on google, but nothing...( all 47 pages) and i dont feel like taking apart my panel to take a picture. So your just gonna have to trust me.

Rufus
01-28-2009, 06:14 PM
take of the panel and apply grease where its squeaking, usually there's 2 brackets that help the window roll straight up and straight down, most of the time those brackets rub against the bar that holds the bracket that holds the window in place. You'll know what im talking about when you take the panel apart and see. I did this before so its pretty simple.

Ok so i tried to find a detailed enough picture on google, but nothing...( all 47 pages) and i dont feel like taking apart my panel to take a picture. So your just gonna have to trust me.

I trust you

MrRline2010
01-29-2009, 05:47 AM
id say to atleast pull the door panel off so you can locate the squeek
Will do later this week

Prolly on the rubber sides.

I'll make sure I check this. I think I found a detail enough from majestic's part listing

Its alright i'll figure it out thanks.

EFin4Dr
02-02-2009, 11:38 PM
get some silicone spray and just lube the rubber channels. that should be causing your squeak