PDA

View Full Version : Time to loose weight...

The Guido
01-28-2009, 02:10 PM
So last Thursday, my roomate(female) and I decided to have a competition on who can loose the most weight by 2/20/09(weekend I am going to Vegas). So the bet is on. Now the problem with me loosing weight...well the "eathealthy"part is that I am the mossssstttttt picky eater you'll ever meet. Here is what I am currently doing, but any info/advise is appreciated. Now for starters, I wont be working out because I am wanting to strictly lose weight. After I meet a goal of 145, then I will begin lifting again.

Morning: tall glass of orange juice
10am: Granola bar
Lunch(1pm): Salad with low fat italian dressing (I dont always eat lunch)
3pm: Granola bar
Dinner: Either Subway or grilled chicken

Drinking...I am addicted to Propel(all I drink) while I am dieting though, I am trying to intake about a gallon of water and limited myself to one 20oz propel a day.

Work wise...I go up and down 3 flights of stairs about 20x a day. Elevator is pointless.
I am also running atleast one complete mile a night (smoking owns) until I can gradually progress in the stamina dept.
Play indoor volleyball for about an hour 1x a week

Weigh in day (Thursdsay 1/22) - 169 pounds

1/28/09 - 163 pounds

2/4/09 - 160 pounds

2/9/09 - 158 pounds

Also...If I do try any lifting, it will be primarily forearms for an upcoming tournament in March.

K20VTEC
01-28-2009, 02:15 PM
Well I wanted to give you props for trying to lose weight..... BUT... is this something you want to do for yourself or the competition?? Will you continue with losing weight after the 20th???? You can still lift and lose weight. So working out and doing cardio will be good for you.
I would get rid of the granola bars.

Breakfast: oatmeal or egg whites
snack: cottage cheese
lunch: salad, tuna, chicken breast (something like that)
snack: almonds
dinner: chicken breast or lean meat with veggies

How tall are you???

The Guido
01-28-2009, 02:23 PM
Well I wanted to give you props for trying to lose weight..... BUT... is this something you want to do for yourself or the competition?? Will you continue with losing weight after the 20th???? You can still lift and lose weight. So working out and doing cardio will be good for you.
I would get rid of the granola bars.

Breakfast: oatmeal or egg whites
snack: cottage cheese
lunch: salad, tuna, chicken breast (something like that)
snack: almonds
dinner: chicken breast or lean meat with veggies

How tall are you???

What I made bold on your lists, are the only things I like LOL

Height - 5'6"

I have been on and off with the diet for about a year now. I am doing it for myself but the competition is just helping motivate. I will continue to diet after the deadline. I understand I can lift as well....but time is tight now and I build muscle somewhat quick so I just dont want to worry about that until the competition is over.

Whats wrong with the granola bars?(Serious)

gcboy90
01-28-2009, 02:23 PM
id say stay away from orange juice, and juices in general.

The Guido
01-28-2009, 02:26 PM
Quoted from "Intense Power" (Pete...He knows his shit)

"It has to do with blood sugar levels too and always keeping them balanced. When you wake up drink a small glass of juice before anything as you wake up in starvation mode, get that blood sugar bumped up, then some protein not just cereal {carbs} for breakfast. Cereals ok but make sure you give your muscles some protection as well."

K20VTEC
01-28-2009, 02:32 PM
What I made bold on your lists, are the only things I like LOL

Height - 5'6"

I have been on and off with the diet for about a year now. I am doing it for myself but the competition is just helping motivate. I will continue to diet after the deadline. I understand I can lift as well....but time is tight now and I build muscle somewhat quick so I just dont want to worry about that until the competition is over.

Whats wrong with the granola bars?(Serious)

Well there are tons of things you can eat that would be better than granola bars....just carbs that you don't need throughout the day.... I mean it would be better to have protein aka cottage cheese, yogurt, protein shakes, chicken, tuna, salmon, and so on.....

You don't sound like you are eating that poorly to begin with.....just tweak it a bit and you will lose weight. Also cardio is key!!
I only started losing weight when I started doing some strength training as well as cardio.

I wish you the best. Losing weight is not easy.

The Guido
01-28-2009, 02:35 PM
Well there are tons of things you can eat that would be better than granola bars....just carbs that you don't need throughout the day.... I mean it would be better to have protein aka cottage cheese, yogurt, protein shakes, chicken, tuna, salmon, and so on.....

You don't sound like you are eating that poorly to begin with.....just tweak it a bit and you will lose weight. Also cardio is key!!
I only started losing weight when I started doing some strength training as well as cardio.

I wish you the best. Losing weight is not easy.

Ill try to increase the cardio...just the smoking is what kills. Everynight gets better and running becomes longer.

What are some "at home" exercises I could try?

About 5 years ago I lost about 60 pounds in a 2 and half month time period...THE UNHEALTH WAY THOUGH (Never again)

K20VTEC
01-28-2009, 03:14 PM
Wow yeah that is alot in a short amount of time.
At home exercises....jogging, fast paced walking, swimming.......

The Guido
01-28-2009, 03:35 PM
Well I have been jogging at night for a mile...next week ill try shooting for two. Then the constant up and down 3 flights of stairs at work all day and volleyball once a week.

K20VTEC
01-28-2009, 03:44 PM
That sounds good so far. Keep it up.

The Guido
02-04-2009, 08:43 AM
Update^^

B18ontop
02-04-2009, 11:53 AM
Nice!!

edgui12
02-05-2009, 02:59 AM
WTF? How'd you lose those 60 lbs?

The Guido
02-05-2009, 08:34 AM
I basically wasn't eating at all and just taking vitamin supps...then running for an hour and a half a day(New York summer...85 with 90% humidity). Never do that again...very unhealthy and stupid.

ChoMo Van
02-05-2009, 08:37 AM
pics of both...Before and after

The Guido
02-05-2009, 12:10 PM
I haven't taken a before pic...but I can take one tonight.

94gay-lude
02-05-2009, 06:00 PM
so ive pretty much stopped eating to lose weight, lol
i eat tuna at night for dinner and i drink tea and water all day. lol

The Guido
02-05-2009, 09:01 PM
^^^ Are you being serious or sarcastic?

94gay-lude
02-05-2009, 10:14 PM
f'real

jonnymos
02-07-2009, 09:29 AM
f'real

Wow, your an Idiot!

jägermeister
02-07-2009, 11:12 AM
i tried and failed. lol good luck buddy! I may start again.

josh
02-07-2009, 11:27 AM
go to the gym and take the cycling class and swiming class along with your diet and you'll drop some pounds