PDA

View Full Version : RSX tie rod question

shairacer
02-11-2009, 06:33 PM
If anyone can answer this it would be great. Are the tie rods for the Type S and base RSX different? My brother bought some coilovers and the tie rod would not fit in the tie rod hole.

NSXR
02-11-2009, 08:26 PM
If anyone can answer this it would be great. Are the tie rods for the Type S and base RSX different? My brother bought some coilovers and the tie rod would not fit in the tie rod hole.

they should be the same, unless he bought coilovers for and ep3, civic si. If he bought ep3 coilovers he needs ep3 tie-rod.

if you take a pic of the problem it would be alot easier to tell.

shairacer
02-12-2009, 10:59 AM
Well the story is he bought NEX coilovers for 02+ RSX and the tie rods would not go down all the way in the hole. The hole was too small for his tie rod. You can get the threaded part in the hole but the sleeved part would sit above it. He did take pictures but I don't have access to them. The seller wanted proof that it didn't fit. It was bought on ebay.

MindlessChild
03-05-2009, 12:05 PM
Well the story is he bought NEX coilovers for 02+ RSX and the tie rods would not go down all the way in the hole. The hole was too small for his tie rod. You can get the threaded part in the hole but the sleeved part would sit above it. He did take pictures but I don't have access to them. The seller wanted proof that it didn't fit. It was bought on ebay.

SOunds like he sold him ep3 coilovers.

Also side note if you try to run ep3 coilovers the rears barely fit it's almost not save to even use the rears.