PDA

View Full Version : What Gym do you go to????

Digi Snax
02-17-2009, 11:52 AM
I thought this would be a good idea, in case you're looking for a workout buddy.

I go to LA Fitness over by Dysart and Mcdowell or 75th ave and Thomas

bmxican
02-17-2009, 11:09 PM
at my school, Phoenix college.

juan3023
02-17-2009, 11:13 PM
I been thinking to join 24 hour fitness on 32st & camelback

THE ONE
02-18-2009, 12:42 AM
I workout at work!

bmxican
02-18-2009, 03:13 AM
I been thinking to join 24 hour fitness on 32st & camelback

that one is right by me. cool gym, might join after i'm done with school.

ArsonALL
05-06-2009, 07:13 AM
I been going to a gym on union hills and 91st ave called fitness 19 it's free to join and only $12 a month pretty good deal.

91tegc5
05-07-2009, 12:23 PM
i go to LA fitness on 20th street and highland!!! I lke going here because of all the inspiration walking around no matter what time you go.

johnb20
05-07-2009, 12:54 PM
la fitness 23ave northern

and 24hrfitness metrocenter

pacogo
05-07-2009, 01:53 PM
24 hour fitness in tempe

Fully_Built_Srt-4
05-07-2009, 04:45 PM
knockout fitness on bell and litchfield

JDM Jon
05-07-2009, 08:00 PM
knockout fitness on bell and litchfield

Same...... I'm his official spotter.
:crazy:

bb4arson
05-07-2009, 11:46 PM
i go to LA fitness on 20th street and highland!!! I lke going here because of all the inspiration walking around no matter what time you go.

so true alot of hot chicks =)

crizzo
05-07-2009, 11:56 PM
i cant even begin to stress how i dont recommend ANYONE going to Golds Gym.

we signed up on a month to month plan, moved and stopped going after paying every month. then they started pulling random amounts out of my account. the cost per month we signed up for was 30 dollars per person, and after we stopped going and told them we arent going for another month everything was fine. then they started charging me 70 bucks, 50 bucks...just random ass amounts of money and i would have to call and bitch them out and have it reversed. so after they kept doing it i finally just closed my account and opened a new one so they had no access to my money. that seemed to work and then a few months later i get a call from someone saying that they sent me to collections and i owe golds gym 500 dollars. ummmm yeeeeaaaa fuck that shit. we talked to TONS of people at the location we went to, and the lady that singed us up told us she was signing us up monthly, but on her screen she purposly signed us up for a 1 year contract. she would read us the contract, then have us sign something and we never actually saw the papers but at the time nothing seemed wrong at all....but that should have been the first clue. golds told us that lady had been moved to another store because she was doing that to people and they apologized numerous times and said everything was taken care of and we are in the clear. we had to talk to about 5 different people all of whom told us they were sorry and it was fine. then i started getting collections calls again so i called golds and they completely denied EVERYTHING even though numerous different people had apologized and ADMITTED that the lady was doing that. i think my last words with them were "i already closed my account so youre never getting a dime from me so you can go fuck yourself bye bye"

dc4teg97
05-08-2009, 02:02 AM
bally total fitness in mesa... la fitness in mesa.

aflo026
05-08-2009, 05:32 PM
I just go to my community center in happy valley, 30$ for 6 months good equipment too.

bmxican
05-12-2009, 08:00 AM

I go there now as well. Go in the night time mostly.

JDMjames
05-12-2009, 03:47 PM
24 hour fitness on 32nd and bell or the Metrocenter location mostly.

SiR Mikey
06-05-2009, 12:27 PM
I just go to my community center in happy valley, 30$ for 6 months good equipment too.

I think I've seen you leaving there a couple times. What kind of equipment do they have? I'm absolutely SICK of LA Fitness, it's just one giant social orgy with a handful of people actually lifting. I need a new gym that isn't full of douche bags.

krazyblurtz
06-05-2009, 06:06 PM
I been everywhere before, but I have been a true gym whore lately.
Past 2-3 months I've been to
Snap Fitness
Ballys
Pure Fitness
La fitness (5-6 locations)
Fitness Works
Lifetime fitness
Planet fitness
MountainSide fitness (current :P)

Geeez you'd think I would be fit by now huh?

krazyblurtz
06-05-2009, 06:07 PM
God damnit mikey your fucking avatar is scary.

SiR Mikey
06-09-2009, 07:10 AM
God damnit mikey your fucking avatar is scary.

Haha!

Of all the gyms you've been to, which one seems the least....trendy I guess. I haven't been lifting NEARLY as much lately because of the gym being so busy. I hate going in and standing around with my thumb up my ass while jager bomber douche bags are everywhere doing curls and groups of asians stand at the cable machines and bullshit. With it being summer it's gotten twice as bad and I don't even feel like I've accomplished anything after spending 2 hours there. The only time I can go that isn't too busy is between 1-6am.

Nott_Sure
06-09-2009, 10:51 PM
Haha!

Of all the gyms you've been to, which one seems the least....trendy I guess. I haven't been lifting NEARLY as much lately because of the gym being so busy. I hate going in and standing around with my thumb up my ass while jager bomber douche bags are everywhere doing curls and groups of asians stand at the cable machines and bullshit. With it being summer it's gotten twice as bad and I don't even feel like I've accomplished anything after spending 2 hours there. The only time I can go that isn't too busy is between 1-6am.
LMAO :clap: Now i know i am not alone when i comes to my attraction to the cable machines.

Ive tried both LA fitness and Pure Fitness and know what you mean by the socializing. For example people just shooting the shit while your waiting for a machine or weights, or worse yet they talk to you while your trying to do your thing. Idk that might just be me being unsocial.
But anyway since joining Powerhouse gym ive been happier. In contrast to both LA fitness and Pure it is a smaller gym with the same amenity's, just with out the pool/spa/sauna/towel service/court/bs.

krazyblurtz
06-10-2009, 02:42 AM
Haha!

Snap Fitness - tiny gym 24/7 unmanned gym , has everything in my general routine except for free weight leg press & Barbell for bench (one smith machine). It's tiny, its cheap geared toward the general house wife trying to loose weight, to a few huge guys randomly showing through the night.

(P.S. If it's at the busiest hours, you kinda get the feeling of being a narrow minded meat head when you drop the 100lb DB's from the bench when people look at you as they turn quickly to not get caught looking) Haha

========

Ballys - Fiesta mall location. Basically if you want the least "trendy" this would probably be it, especially since most weights are the 80-90's types just raw pure metals clanking. Lots of mexicans that surprisingly don't chat TOO much and a few older fit guys. Which is great cause nobody is trying to impress women or me.
=========

Pure Fitness Tempe/Scottsdale location - Smells like a giant smelly foot everyday :\.
Same with ballys, old metal free weights, up to date machines. Less douche's than any LA fitness, but a few of those, roiding for the wrong reasons ASU tools.

========================

La fitness - You know this story, after a 2 hour "workout" consisting of some fine lady bird watching while you're waiting for a machine, then it gets jacked before you can even walk over there. You finally get the bench- put up 225 then leave your straps/shaker/workoutlog next to it to walk back to catch a guy already dismounting the weights (WTTTTTFFFF Can't stand this so much I give the most hatefull look for this until they say "oh were you on this"?)

Anyways I learned, where you find basketball courts... you find tools/douches roiding jiggaboos that socialize more than any woman I have seen.

I don't care how racist this statement is
Roider = possible asshole with a bigger & better than you complex
Black roider = generally an asshole who will step in your way for you to back off, make sure everyone can see him clearly when he drops the 120lb DB's from a full extension shoulder press above his head almost hitting people EVERYTIME. Then chit chat on your next machine and just glance at you while he's socializing about "dat mutha fucka nigga is a bitch" " Aiyoo nigga got hopz like a rabbit mutha fuckah" "Nigga, nigga yo crazy I got dem twenyfo's on da dank naw".
================

Fitness Works - Nice new spot, good price. Just already too busy in the daytime hours. (closes at 11)

==============

Lifetime fitness - Never got to use the waterpark, but if you can make it between 6pm-5AM You will never have to wait for your weights. A few roiders here and there but no attitudes or bs from them, good atmosphere LOTS of bird watching :)

==================

Planet fitness - Small, cheap, no benching BB's just smith and DB's. 15 a month no contract is good. usually easy to get any bench you want as long as its not 3-5pm.

======================
MountainSide fitness - opened on the 1st, I'm sure it will be overcrowded in no time .
Holy shit beautifull though, they have a theater on a giant screen in a waiting room outside the lockers. Rock climbing anytime you want, basketball courts. the machines seats looked leather
lol. Every treadmill has a tv of its own with IPOD charging plug.

==========
Oh I forgot to mention

24 Fitness - Nice place since you can come in ANY time. Rarely have to wait for any machine.
I went to the location on Dobson/202 so there was plenty of shitty little thief (mexicans) there.

Ended up having my tattered old gloves and straps stolen :crazy:, and later my girlfriends Zune :devil: :\

====

Anyways this whole thing was an unorganized rant haha, to sum it up ANY LA fitness= Always united douche bench press day monday-friday. Lol and when those guys are done benching you will have house wifes and grannies using the benches for other things :\

It all boils down to location of where you are, almost as much as the gym.
Anywhere that is nice and or has a basketball court will always attract flocks of these pests.
So pure fitness and ballys (both old school free weights) were the easiest to stay focused non interrupted .

Where do you live mikey, maybe we just need to start a non bs gym with old weights like ronnie colemans spot in texas. NO A/C NO NEW WEIGHTS = NO BS! haha but seriously.

SiR Mikey
06-10-2009, 03:20 AM
Wow, bad ass post! lol Dude I would be so down for a gym like that, I was talking about that same exact thing today! Just some old hole in the wall, run down gym with nothing but metal weights. None of these fancy machines, pools, saunas, steam rooms, etc. I wish you lived closer man, I live in northhhhwest Phoenix though :(

And there is seriously a gym with a theater and shit?! That's just insane

LMAO :clap: Now i know i am not alone when i comes to my attraction to the cable machines.

Ive tried both LA fitness and Pure Fitness and know what you mean by the socializing. For example people just shooting the shit while your waiting for a machine or weights, or worse yet they talk to you while your trying to do your thing. Idk that might just be me being unsocial.
But anyway since joining Powerhouse gym ive been happier. In contrast to both LA fitness and Pure it is a smaller gym with the same amenity's, just with out the pool/spa/sauna/towel service/court/bs.
No dude I'm with you on that. I go to the gym to work out, not make friends. I may check out Pure Fitness. I'm anxious to set up a membership somewhere else and tell LA Fitness to shove it, then listen to them try and "see what they can do for me" so I'll stay. I seriously dreamed about it lol.

krazyblurtz
06-10-2009, 04:01 AM
West Phoenix, you ghetto mofo...are you in the aves or what?
Also WTH do you do for a living that allows you to be up at 3 am browsing car forums??
I guess we will eventually just meet at a car show sometime, it's bound to happen.... Two men enter, one man leaves! hahah

SiR Mikey
06-10-2009, 11:46 AM
West Phoenix, you ghetto mofo...are you in the aves or what?
Also WTH do you do for a living that allows you to be up at 3 am browsing car forums??
I guess we will eventually just meet at a car show sometime, it's bound to happen.... Two men enter, one man leaves! hahah

Hahaha yep! Right off the 17 and Happy Valley. And right now I'm just here and there, I was very uh...distraught last night. Had a small incident where wheel meets curb :cry:. I know not many people read this section though so I can post about it here lol.

Method520
06-11-2009, 12:58 AM
i go to ballys on grant/swan. huge place, only 25 bucks a month, the chicks that go there are all from the U of A and they are HOT as bawls. im satisfied

catisoblivious
06-11-2009, 07:34 AM
lifetime fitness ftw

krazyblurtz
06-11-2009, 02:51 PM
ooooOOOooo00oO0 You go to the lifetime fitness in scottsdale??? Thats the "platinum" club where you can't even obtain a trial membership. I went to the one in tempe.... You wouldn't happen to the know what qualifies as the "platinum" do ya?

SiR Mikey
06-11-2009, 03:17 PM
ooooOOOooo00oO0

I don't know why but that made me laugh

RMS-DIST
06-11-2009, 03:32 PM
I don't know why but that made me laugh

^^^ one more session of the caps OO's i would have popped a nut!!!! but o well time for the blue balls thanks for not finishing whore

catisoblivious
06-16-2009, 09:17 AM
ooooOOOooo00oO0 You go to the lifetime fitness in scottsdale??? Thats the "platinum" club where you can't even obtain a trial membership. I went to the one in tempe.... You wouldn't happen to the know what qualifies as the "platinum" do ya?

hahahha i have no idea but yes thats where i go.

SiR Mikey
06-16-2009, 11:40 PM
Deeedeeedeee

Anyways, now a member at pure fitness with rms-dist and sssmokin05si. Slammed out a 2 hour la fitness workout in 40 minutes at the busiest time of day. Gonna get nick hy00g3!

bmxican
06-18-2009, 11:31 PM
still trying to find that ol' small ass gym that has nothing but squat racks and free weights.

vargasla20
06-20-2009, 03:38 PM
American athletic club in yuma, az. It's an mma gym

azracer41
06-21-2009, 05:13 PM
i go to the LA fitness on signal butte and baseline as long as i dont go between 5-7 i can be in and out in an hour

mkbvictory
06-22-2009, 09:48 AM
la fit.... dysart and mcdowell

m2biatch
06-22-2009, 07:50 PM
starpointe residents club

estrella mountain/goodyear

rushbuster70
07-14-2009, 07:33 AM
Anyone go to 24 hour fitness by metro?or any gym in the metro mall area?

KingDingaLing
07-14-2009, 12:49 PM
Deeedeeedeee

Anyways, now a member at pure fitness with rms-dist and sssmokin05si. Slammed out a 2 hour la fitness workout in 40 minutes at the busiest time of day. Gonna get nick hy00g3!

thats whats up

bmxican
07-14-2009, 04:00 PM
anyone planning on joining the new powerhouse gyms getting build in PHX?

eghead
07-15-2009, 10:48 AM
Golds gym!

churchyegvtec
07-16-2009, 08:26 AM
la fitness ftw

DurtyVtec
07-16-2009, 03:36 PM
Golds gym in tucson. 24/7. And u don't have to wait in line to workout lol

95GSR
07-17-2009, 01:25 AM
lafb gym FTW

_$krilla_
07-18-2009, 10:18 AM
UOP fitness center

bb4arson
07-20-2009, 01:35 AM
lifetime fitness ftw

x2 i went to the one in goodyear for a good while but i only went with one of my friends and she became annoying so i stopped going there
so now i go to la fitness on umm peoria and 67th i believe.

Prototype
07-26-2009, 09:35 PM
la fitness in mesa!

H23vtec
07-27-2009, 02:15 AM
la fit

2.0eg-si
07-27-2009, 03:54 AM
my room or friends apartment complex when im not doing p90x or skating

kikin
08-08-2009, 07:10 PM
I go to the one on 20th st and highland mostly by myself but sometimes i want to go with someone else to make it fun and spot me on benches

bb4arson
08-09-2009, 10:40 PM
I go to the one on 20th st and highland mostly by myself but sometimes i want to go with someone else to make it fun and spot me on benches

i hate my brother i he makes me go days that i do not want to go but he forces me...:cry:

panda express is a gym?lol:clapper:

catisoblivious
08-11-2009, 07:08 PM
what gyms are down in tempe near asu campus

bb4arson
08-16-2009, 01:36 PM
google is your best friend
http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4ADBF_en___US327&q=what+gyms+are+near+asu+in+tempe

bmxican
08-16-2009, 02:47 PM

hit me up when you go. I go to that one MWF tuesday and thursdays for cardio.

Professor
08-17-2009, 04:41 AM
Mountainside fitness

atf.ek
08-31-2009, 05:39 PM
La fitness on 75th and thomas need a workout buddy no homo if anyone goes there hit me up

brett_t
09-23-2009, 11:24 PM
I got a bench and a dip tower at my house until I can afford a gym membership (dame honda)

turbo_ek97
10-05-2009, 12:03 PM
fitness works 91 ave and camelback. i need some help i such started to work out again and need some advice if you can help pm me

bb4arson
10-05-2009, 06:27 PM
La fitness on 75th and thomas need a workout buddy no homo if anyone goes there hit me up

i would go to that one but seems dangerous .
dont want to get stuff stolen

ssshhh
10-05-2009, 06:30 PM
whats a gym? i just go to work all day and carry ladders n heavy shit around all day instead =/
least i get paid for it i guess.

bb4arson
10-05-2009, 06:39 PM
whats a gym? i just go to work all day and carry ladders n heavy shit around all day instead =/
least i get paid for it i guess.

do u do ladder reps lol just kidding

ssshhh
10-05-2009, 06:46 PM
do u do ladder reps lol just kidding

lol ive been known to do pullups from rediron and upside down situps from V-trussing on job sites, but sorry no, no ladder reps.

bballcrazy15
10-06-2009, 01:39 AM
i go to P90x lol.. just started and already loving it. Easily the best workouts of my life. Any others try it?

buffalostyle
10-08-2009, 09:22 AM
i go to P90x lol.. just started and already loving it. Easily the best workouts of my life. Any others try it?
yeah there is actually a thread about people using it

http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=89869

Cereal_Killer
10-09-2009, 06:40 PM
La ftiness on greenfiled and the 60

brandon
10-10-2009, 08:02 AM
bought my own bench and weights, dont need la fitness its like a competition there, whos the biggest douche haha no offense to u guys that go there just my opinion

boostedrex
10-10-2009, 10:22 AM

i go there and play ball on wed, im aslo the only white guy there :(

Jdm as whatt?
10-11-2009, 01:07 AM
fitness 1!!

DeeDub
10-13-2009, 03:18 AM
Anyone know of any gyms open 24 hours anymore? The LA Fitness I go to is only open til 12 now. I need something that's open all night

bb4arson
10-13-2009, 10:40 AM
Anyone know of any gyms open 24 hours anymore? The LA Fitness I go to is only open til 12 now. I need something that's open all night

which ones it that one
isnt the la fitness on bell and 56 or something open 24hrs?

rushbuster70
10-13-2009, 11:45 AM
24 hour fitness^

DeeDub
10-14-2009, 01:45 AM
which ones it that one
isnt the la fitness on bell and 56 or something open 24hrs?

That's the one I go to.. it closes at 12 now
The LA on peoria closes at 11 I think,
And the one on 83rd and union isn't 24 hours either

ArsonALL
01-15-2010, 03:02 PM
Pure Fitness 91ave/Northern

sssmokin05si
01-20-2010, 10:59 AM
Pure Fitness @ Arrowhead

bb4arson
01-25-2010, 02:23 AM
That's the one I go to.. it closes at 12 now
The LA on peoria closes at 11 I think,
And the one on 83rd and union isn't 24 hours either

yup it does close at 11 well the one at peoria
i see a couple of nice cars there i want to say whats up to the owners but when ur at the gym u usually have a serious mad face lol

The President
02-05-2010, 02:57 PM
Just signed up for Golds Gym on Elliot.

bb4arson
02-06-2010, 09:27 PM
Just signed up for Golds Gym on Elliot.

awesome stepping up to changing your life ..getting fit is good

efhatchsi
02-07-2010, 02:23 AM
LA fitness on 75th and thomas... its pretty chill but it gets flooded at night

integrax97
02-07-2010, 06:13 PM
the one on Luke AFB

bb4arson
02-07-2010, 11:17 PM
LA fitness on 75th and thomas... its pretty chill but it gets flooded at night

i heard people get jacked over there

The President
02-09-2010, 10:57 AM
awesome stepping up to changing your life ..getting fit is good

yeah, dropped 5.5 lbs last week. woo hoo.

The Guido
02-09-2010, 11:42 AM
Signed up at Fitness 19 last Monday.

AZDC2
02-09-2010, 04:28 PM
Fitness Factory on 99th ave and Mcdowell. $14.99 and month and its rarely crowded.

bb4arson
02-09-2010, 05:47 PM
yeah, dropped 5.5 lbs last week. woo hoo.

fuck! good job browski ..working out and a good diet right?

The President
02-10-2010, 10:15 AM
fuck! good job browski ..working out and a good diet right?

yep.. Chicken, steemed veggies, fruit and fish is pretty much all I eat. ohh and some cottage cheese. Already stopped drinking soda and beer so that should help quite a bit too.

I'm doing about an hour of cardio each night. put the BPM to like 160 ish and just keep going.