PDA

View Full Version : what is my wifes car worth. thinking of selling

jgregg
02-18-2009, 09:27 PM
So my wife is thinking about selling her 03 civic ex 4dr. She is asking me how much to list it for and I have no idea . I have never paid that much attention to these cars and there street value. My wife purchase this car new from the dealer. its a one owner car. CLEAN TITLE
-Car is a AUTOMATIC.
-Miles 135,476 (been using Mobile one full synthetic oil since approx 30K Miles)
-18" MOD wheels (Split fives) these have been dico'd by MOD.
-Tires are in good shape about a year old.
-interior is stock other than kenwood cd/mp3 and clean no tears or rips
-TYC projector headlights
-Itek 8K HIDS
-Power slot front brake rotors & Hawk pads
-rear brakes done 02/18/09
-Alignment done 02/18/09
-Anodized Blue AEM short ram intake
-Anodized Blue DC Sports oil cap
-Energy Suspension lower front control arm bushings (installed 2/18/09)
Thats all I can think of on the car at the moment. This weekend I will be installing new t-belt , water pump , thermostat , spark plugs , unorthodox Polished Crank/ps/alt pulleys as well as new belts.

I need some feedback from the honda community ...so tell me what you think I should price it at ??? for craigslist or azht or autotrader. I will try to post more pics tomorrow.

Thank You
Jesse
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n75/jesseg3420/momma.gif

street dreams
02-18-2009, 09:34 PM
so she likes driving the accord i'm guessing

jgregg
02-18-2009, 09:35 PM
yes likes my 91 accord wagon and still trying to find the elusive automajic del sol for her lol

Rufus
02-18-2009, 09:41 PM
6,500 and see what happens

Built By Notorious
02-18-2009, 09:43 PM
Very clean car in person, cold ac, tokico blue all the way around. Bump

jgregg
02-18-2009, 09:44 PM
6,500 and see what happens
thanks Rufus . I think we could live with that amount ... any other opinions ?

Rufus
02-18-2009, 09:57 PM
I'd part that stuff out and pick up an extra $750.

jgregg
02-19-2009, 06:36 AM
I'd part that stuff out and pick up an extra $750.

its not a bad plan. I will probably post it for sale tonight and see how it goes.

CoupedUp04
02-19-2009, 10:08 AM
Find out what you can get by looking at what similar vehicles are selling for.

Go to autotrader and do a search based on the exact criteria of the car (specs, mileage, etc) and you will get a pretty good idea. A general google search is good too, and also try other car selling sites.

Keep a few things in mind: the price will reflect the length of time you want it on the market, a car priced higher will take longer and you risk having to lower the price which looks desparate and turns people off (waiting for it to drop again); mention any warranty's, records of maintenence help too; look up negotiation tactics to get extras that are always worth it; most people are turned off by aftermarket parts, thinking you're a diy'er who might be damaging the vehicle, so reinstall any OEM parts you still have (if you can diy well); find out if you could get a better deal trading in at a dealer and saving thousands on financing or base price of a new auto... and much more.

go to:
carbuyingtips.com <---=== they have a selling section.
just goolge "car selling tips" or "how to sell a car" and read thoroughly all material you can to make more money/save more time than you would have

Good Luck!

sniperscout
02-19-2009, 11:58 AM
I agree with rufus...try and part out and replace as many of the parts with stock parts.

Dead Bird
02-19-2009, 12:16 PM
go to kbb.com
get about what its worth private party value there.
go from there.

jgregg
02-19-2009, 05:06 PM
thanks I appreciate all the responses

SE-Rious
02-20-2009, 01:26 PM
I sold my 2004 coupe VP manual on autotrader for 5900. It had 79K miles

Jason