PDA

View Full Version : Serious Surgery

zeik24
02-18-2009, 09:47 PM
let start off by saying that i bought this ride with a half ass swap a k24A4 in an EP3. But with the help from Tri-Tech motorsports, Locash racing, and Hasport it's now running like a champ.

the original F*@!$- up swap k24A4. In this pic it shows they left the injector base on. luv the pep-boys intake lol
http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/rr258/zeik24/GEDC0800.jpg

now they used the A3 TB cause the k24A4 IM bolts didn't line up. can you say vacuum leak. not the worst, yet.
http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/rr258/zeik24/NoTBbolts.jpg

next they thought it was the wise thing to cut the IM so the TB could fit
http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/rr258/zeik24/WTF.jpg

Lastly they went ahead and used the k20A3 ECU to run the k24A4. nothing but head aches!

NOW THE GOOD STUFF :blunt:
k24A4, K-Pro, PRB IM, megan racing headers, type-s downpipe, hasport adapter plates
http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/rr258/zeik24/GEDC0071.jpg

http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/rr258/zeik24/GEDC0076.jpg

http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/rr258/zeik24/GEDC0072.jpg

http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/rr258/zeik24/GEDC0075.jpg

http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/rr258/zeik24/GEDC0074.jpg

ReyEG2
02-18-2009, 09:59 PM
damn... now go paint that valve cover 2 :thumbup:

sniperscout
02-23-2009, 01:51 AM
whats that plate in the last pic for?

JDMitation
02-23-2009, 09:18 AM
ahhhhhhhhhh where'd that original swap come from?

i've got a white dc5 and want to paint my valve cover but don't know what color...

LONESTAR
02-23-2009, 09:40 AM
amatures! :idiot:

PhoenixB16
02-23-2009, 11:05 AM
Block off plate for EGR? I thought the A4 used one.... because I remember my old A1 NOT using one....

sniperscout
02-23-2009, 12:49 PM
^yeah thats what i was thinking but wasnt sure...thought that since my k24a8 didnt have one the a4 wouldnt since they are both from accords

PhoenixB16
02-23-2009, 12:57 PM
A1 did not,im sure of that. I do remember the Elements having EGR....

sniperscout
02-23-2009, 01:05 PM
oh yeah thats right the elements use the a4 as well

TTM_SALES
02-23-2009, 04:30 PM
Looks Good, Glad you are enjoying it.

usdmEF_9
02-24-2009, 08:01 AM
still rockin the pep boy intake?? look's good and its nice to see the car went to a good owner

RSX King
02-25-2009, 01:40 AM
Damn!!! glad you got it worked out.

zeik24
03-14-2009, 05:08 PM
whats that plate in the last pic for?

just an egr cover plate. otherwise it wouldn't pass the visual inspection at emissions.

ahhhhhhhhhh where'd that original swap come from?

i've got a white dc5 and want to paint my valve cover but don't know what color...

an accord.

Looks Good, Glad you are enjoying it.

hell yeah bro. :thumbup:

still rockin the pep boy intake?? look's good and its nice to see the car went to a good owner

simon vato. vive GUADALAJARA

Civicious
03-14-2009, 11:53 PM
very nice! be careful with it!

RSXnCRF
03-16-2009, 01:28 AM
isnt the a4 non v-tec?

LONESTAR
03-16-2009, 06:11 AM
isnt the a4 non v-tec?

all K's are ivtec bro. just some on both cames not just intake cam.

RSXnCRF
03-16-2009, 10:06 PM
all K's are ivtec bro. just some on both cames not just intake cam.

wrong. a1 is non. im just not sure about the a4.

TTM_SALES
03-16-2009, 10:14 PM
k24a1 is an Accord motor and it IS I-Vtec

RSXnCRF
03-16-2009, 10:20 PM
k24a1 is CONSIDERED non vtec even though it does use the concept on ONE cam.
k24a4 is CONSIDERED non vtec also.
...compared to the true vtec 2.4's

Im asking the question because i cant find a reason as to why someone would put a full k24a4 motor into an ep3. Its probably the weakest of all k24's and im guessing it wasnt much more power than the stock motor... its only rated at 160bhp at 6000 rpms.

MindlessChild
03-17-2009, 08:58 AM
damn you always have to shit on every ones parade :P

sniperscout
03-17-2009, 07:57 PM
k24a1 is crv motor
k24a4 and a8 are accord

all k series are i-vtec...but rsx-s, 06+ si and tsx work off of both cams...you may not consider it as true vtec(which it isn't) but it is still vtec

the k24a4 is rated at the same hp(160) as the k20a3 but is also at a lower rpm(5500for the k24 and 6500 for the a3)...the 20 extra tq is a nice bonus as well

if he is planning on doing an NA build in the future(which I dont know if he is) i think a k24 is a much better platform to do it on than a k20a3

RSXnCRF
03-17-2009, 08:36 PM
k24a1 is crv motor
k24a4 and a8 are accord

all k series are i-vtec...but rsx-s, 06+ si and tsx work off of both cams...you may not consider it as true vtec(which it isn't) but it is still vtec

the k24a4 is rated at the same hp(160) as the k20a3 but is also at a lower rpm(5500for the k24 and 6500 for the a3)...the 20 extra tq is a nice bonus as well

if he is planning on doing an NA build in the future(which I dont know if he is) i think a k24 is a much better platform to do it on than a k20a3

true. Using the stock k20a3 head would have been a lot more beneficial but I forgot the a4 block requires switching out the crank and rods if you swap the head.

sniperscout
03-18-2009, 06:28 AM
just the pistons have to be swapped out...crank is fine

RSXnCRF
03-20-2009, 10:14 AM

If i dont, rufus or someone else does lol

EFin4Dr
03-20-2009, 08:23 PM
he's an asshole. thats what they do, shit on everything

funny how he claimed the motor to not have vtec when EVERY k-series motor has i-VTEC right on the intake manifold cover! lol hes just a badass because he has a rsx type-s. its like the fastest car in the world, you didnt know that? haha

LONESTAR
03-22-2009, 07:14 AM

this dude is wors than those somalian niggas anywasy zeik enjoy your minivan looking hatch i do still w/an a3

RSXnCRF
03-23-2009, 02:16 AM

funny how he claimed the motor to not have vtec when EVERY k-series motor has i-VTEC right on the intake manifold cover! lol hes just a badass because he has a rsx type-s. its like the fastest car in the world, you didnt know that? haha

Im making the comments because i have a k24. Which is more than you can say ASSHOLE. a full a4 swap is a very uncommon swap especially into a car that already had a K in it. Im sure the motor does fine in the ep3 but to me it just seemed like it was too much work for too little gain. The only thing i can figure is something happened to the old a3 and the a4 was a more obtainable alternative.

I dont even know why Im having to defend myself in the first place. OP stated it was a half ass swap that he PURCHASED that way. Im only curious as to why it got into the car in the first place.

I havent once said a thing about my car. The only way you knew about what I drive is from my picture. Ya I drive a type-s. Should I feel guilty? Maybe I should sell it and go buy myself a 4dr ef with a super dope awesome d series in it. Thats where the real power is, am I right? That way horsepower is such a lost cause that Ill just focus all my attention on cosmetic bolt ons and visual modifications in the sole attempt to simply make my car NOT look like a piece of shit. Not to mention Ill have constant wet dreams about Greddy Turbo Kits and how amazingly fast it would make my SOHC NONVTEC... but ill never actually buy it cuz... well I mean come on... I found jdm badges on craigslist and you KNOW I just gotta have em.

To the OP, It looks like you cleaned it up a lot man. You already got kpro so next step is a head swap!

sniperscout
03-23-2009, 07:05 PM
You already got kpro so next step is a head swap!

i concur
on a side note to the OP i have a set of k24a8 cams i would be willing to let go cheap($50) if you are interested. They are slightly more aggressive than the a4 and a1 cams...that is if you werent planning on a head swap anytime soon

EFin4Dr
03-23-2009, 07:27 PM
Im making the comments because i have a k24. Which is more than you can say ASSHOLE. a full a4 swap is a very uncommon swap especially into a car that already had a K in it. Im sure the motor does fine in the ep3 but to me it just seemed like it was too much work for too little gain. The only thing i can figure is something happened to the old a3 and the a4 was a more obtainable alternative.

I dont even know why Im having to defend myself in the first place. OP stated it was a half ass swap that he PURCHASED that way. Im only curious as to why it got into the car in the first place.

I havent once said a thing about my car. The only way you knew about what I drive is from my picture. Ya I drive a type-s. Should I feel guilty? Maybe I should sell it and go buy myself a 4dr ef with a super dope awesome d series in it. Thats where the real power is, am I right? That way horsepower is such a lost cause that Ill just focus all my attention on cosmetic bolt ons and visual modifications in the sole attempt to simply make my car NOT look like a piece of shit. Not to mention Ill have constant wet dreams about Greddy Turbo Kits and how amazingly fast it would make my SOHC NONVTEC... but ill never actually buy it cuz... well I mean come on... I found jdm badges on craigslist and you KNOW I just gotta have em.

To the OP, It looks like you cleaned it up a lot man. You already got kpro so next step is a head swap!
lol you dont know what i drive and what i have in my cars. so stfu. and yeah i do know what you drive and its not because of the avatar. you have an rsx-s on oz wheels with oem or itr lip kit (i cant remember which one it was, pardon me). all im saying is quit acting so stuck up and acting like everything you own is fucking extreme badass dopeness. lol you act like you know me so well. you have no fucking clue.

rudsone
03-23-2009, 07:42 PM
go get em ep3!

hatchkid91
03-23-2009, 07:44 PM
nice

sniperscout
03-23-2009, 07:44 PM
lol you dont know what i drive and what i have in my cars. so stfu. and yeah i do know what you drive and its not because of the avatar. you have an rsx-s on oz wheels with oem or itr lip kit (i cant remember which one it was, pardon me). all im saying is quit acting so stuck up and acting like everything you own is fucking extreme badass dopeness. lol you act like you know me so well. you have no fucking clue.
i am not sure where you got that idea....from what i can tell all his posts have been neutral statements

in fact it looks like you started the conflict with this statement

h-vtec
03-27-2009, 02:45 AM
i am not sure where you got that idea....from what i can tell all his posts have been neutral statements

in fact it looks like you started the conflict with this statement

i have to agree...
does driving a type-s with an R swap make me think my car is the fastest car in the world no he just knows a thing or two about swaps as do i.. its called someones .02... but what do i know... :blunt:

op gl on build and ur off to a great start big!

RSXnCRF
03-29-2009, 10:47 PM

I know about your busted ass ep3 you have/had. Thats all I need to know. conversation done.