PDA

View Full Version : Where did you buy your Si?

Lazieb29
02-24-2009, 11:59 AM
i'm looking to buy a 08 civic sedan si, just want to know where you guys went to purchase yours and what kind of deal did you get? thanks for any info!

crxhfb16
02-24-2009, 01:32 PM
Bell honda 08 fiji blue si $21600

Lazieb29
02-24-2009, 03:57 PM
was that before or after taxx?

crxhfb16
02-25-2009, 06:56 AM
was that before or after taxx?

yes of course. after tax title licensing and other fees and gap insurence my total was $24,900
i financed everything i didnt put anything down.

crxhfb16
02-25-2009, 07:01 AM
check your pms i sell new and used hondas @ arrowhead been there 3 yrs.

I live over 200 miles away from where arrowhead is located so i had to deal alot over the phone before i came up to make a purchase. Arrowhead wouldnt talk to me over the phone and i tried a couple times to get them to help me out i even talked directly to the sale manager who told me over the phone "you wont get a deal on this car this is the price" so i went to Bell honda who were more them happy to kiss my ass.

this isnt an attack on you personally this is just the experience i had with arrowhead.

Rolow
02-25-2009, 08:02 AM
I personally use the fleet buying service my bank provided. Most banks offer a similar program. When I bought my accord I called my bank told them what car I wanted what color and options they called me back when they found one. They then delivered the car to my local branch I went in and signed the papers it took about 15 minutes.
When I bought my si I did the same thing but they had to order it. and instead of having to drive to my local branch they had it delivered to arrowhead Honda which was closer. Again when i went in I meet with some one from my bank not the dealer and it only took about 15 minutes to sign all the papers.
Ive bought 3 cars this way and its a great stress free way to buy cars. No haggling with a dealer no high pressures sales people. Best of all not wasting time with a dealer and with the number of vehicles the bank buys from dealers they typically get a very good price.

Good luck with the purchases and let us know how it turns out.

crxhfb16
02-25-2009, 11:25 AM
I don't bullshit and we are all on this forum together so I wouldnt want a bad name I would of gave you a price no problem. Sorry about your experiance. In this line of business some customers will sell you out for a $100 which sucks it doesn't matter how you treat them. I ask people if they got a another queto from other dealer give me a chance to match it or beat it depending on the deal and if its real some throw crap on at the end or will make money up in the back end on your financing.

There is no haggling, no back and fourth, and no pressure with me I'll show anyone the invoice and we can work from there I usally just ask that people pay for whatever the adds are on the car usally just tint, splash gaurds, and wheel locks. I have alot of repeat business because of how a treat people and their familys.

I wish i had talked to you back when i bought mine because you guys had the one i wanted with navi oh well i got a tom tom now.

blackouthx
02-25-2009, 08:40 PM
Tempe Honda- 20,210.......

08 Figi Sidan

Add ons: Full HFP kit & tint

Deals are all subjective, if your happy with the price you paid and your experience that's all that matters. No matter what price you got the car for there's always someone who got it cheaper.

918civic
02-26-2009, 04:43 PM
blck06si, I think I was introduced to you when I bought my 07 Si at Arrowhead. Not sure the name of my salesman was but I remember you telling me about 8thcivic.com

As far as customer service I have bought 2 cars from Arrowhead and both times the sales went smooth.

918civic
02-26-2009, 09:27 PM
Fiji Blue Pearl. All I remember of my salesman was that he was from back east and was a retired real estate sales guy. I know a year later he was not there.

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h276/KEVINSBRAIN/01-05-08003.jpg

Parked in front of the 35k Mugen (which I heard was actually sold for that...)

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h276/KEVINSBRAIN/01-05-08007.jpg

Right when the new Accords came out.

berny2435
02-27-2009, 08:09 AM
Tempe Honda- 20,210.......

08 Figi Sidan

Add ons: Full HFP kit & tint

Deals are all subjective, if your happy with the price you paid and your experience that's all that matters. No matter what price you got the car for there's always someone who got it cheaper.

:crazy: what a deal!

I got mine at Right Honda.

Allways go into any dealer with knowledge of what loan rate you qualify for.. . the first thing they do is show you payments. Ask you if you afford this.. . Allways ask the interest rate. Most often it will be way above what you actually qualify for. If they don't want to give you what you qualify for, walk out the door and find a different dealer.

gugu06
02-28-2009, 10:41 AM
i got mine for used for 21k after all the fees+taxes, gap, extended warranty, and the road/travel protection package kinda like triple AAA. it came with a brand new factory navigation and a few mods like lip kit, red badges, injen intake, etc. no downpayment well taken care of so i am happy with it

gugu06
02-28-2009, 10:48 AM
:crazy: what a deal!

I got mine at Right Honda.

Allways go into any dealer with knowledge of what loan rate you qualify for.. . the first thing they do is show you payments. Ask you if you afford this.. . Allways ask the interest rate. Most often it will be way above what you actually qualify for. If they don't want to give you what you qualify for, walk out the door and find a different dealer.

yea i agree and also credit has to do a lot with it nowadays. if u don't know your credit score ranges or anyting about interest rates or financing...they will f*ck u up:bananaman:

blackouthx
02-28-2009, 08:52 PM
fuck that, I emailed everyone before I even stepped foot in a Honda dealership.

I knew exactly what model, color, and add ons I wanted and what I was willing to pay for it.

The best deal I got was 20k from Superstition Honda from a internet sales guy, went in and the Sales manager said the price I was quoted was too low and they wouldn't honor it! WTF is that about, they will quote you a low price just to get you down there and then not honor it. I even showed him the emails between him and I, needless to say I walked out and ended up buying from Tempe.

gugu06
03-01-2009, 10:45 AM
^^^^^^
that is a good idea and hassle free

Hopeless EP3
03-01-2009, 06:20 PM
Superstition Honda was willing to give me 22 OTD until I walked out on the deal...

blackouthx
03-01-2009, 09:18 PM
why did you walk out?

Hopeless EP3
03-02-2009, 05:33 AM
why did you walk out?

changed my mind on wanting one we got a 03 si hatch instead got it $8k OTD 22k miles $120/m payments so I kinda just left the FG hanging..

Kidnkorner
04-18-2009, 06:26 AM
I ask people if they got a another quote from other dealer give me a chance to match it or beat it depending on the deal

What good is matching a price unless the other dealer doesn't have the vehicle you want in stock?

1. Negotiate price of vehicle first without disclosing trade or down payment. Don't walk in with a payment in mind. Dealers are hoping you are a payment buyer. Negotiate price of vehicle, then trade value and let the APR and terms determine your payment, that is unless you have some low ball payment that is unreachable to begin with.

2. Negotiate trade and don't buy that $2k-$3k back of book bull. Auction value/ACV IS NOT trade value. They want to give you auction value so when/if they can't sell it on their lot they can wholesale it or take it to auction. If they can sell it on their lot they will make a killing. They want you to pay full price for their vehicle, wouldn't be fair if they returned the favor?

3. Negotiate financing terms. How can a dealer give you an APR without pulling credit?

4. Avoid any extended warranties. Look out for tricks to get you to buy one in lieu of higher interest rate. If they offer a lower interest rate because you are buying the warranty it's because they would make more money on the warranty. They could have given the lower rate without it. Additionally, buyers keep their car an average of 41 months, so what's the point?

5. Don't pay full price for GAP While GAP coverage is good don't pay full price for it. You negotiated like a champ for the price of your car, why stop there? 50 to 25% off is good. Buyers rarely have to make a GAP insurance claim anyway.

6. Disclose down payment last. If you have a down payment disclose this when it's time to sign. They LOVE it when you do that, lol! $1,000 generally lowers your payment $20-$25 per month. Make a down payment with Visa or or Master Card. This is added assurance that if the deal doesn't go thru or something goes wrong you can file a dispute and get your down payment back should a dealer refuse to refund your down payment 100%

7. REFUSE TO PAY DOC FEE !!! $350+ to complete the paper work associated with the sale of your car is theft, $50-$70 of the doc fee is legitimate. If you wan to save 100% of this all you need is a bill of sale and lien holder information to take ADOT, and you can print a temp tag yourself at www.servicearizona.com. So what if you don't roll off the lot right then and there.

8. Dealer installed accessories. These can get expensive quick. 25% off list price is wholesale and they still make a respectable return. Avoid dealers that add on stuff like tint, wheel locks, door edge guards, and a bunch of other non proprietary stuff. You can get these items for a better price and most likely higher quality too. They usually tack on $1,000 to the MSRP of the vehicle and this cost's them less than $200. Showcase Honda is one dealer that comes to mind.

Lastly, but most importantly, READ EVERYTHING YOU ARE SIGNING !! Don't be in such a big hurry, READ EVERYTHING. If the finance clerk is rushing you through come back when he has time or not at all. These guys usually work on a rotation, the sooner they get you out the door the sooner they can get back in the Que and make more money. There is no right of rescission in Arizona, so be sure everything is right.

Be careful, sometimes a dealer will push a delivery thru that they know won't go thru (based on credit) with the lender hoping you will be able to get more cash down when they give you "that call." This is a known as an unwind. This is shady, but happens sometimes. Buying during traditional banking hours can help prevent this. Refuse any additional cash down or demands to sign new contracts.

Some pointers on maximizing your trade value: Try to have your vehicle professionally detailed bumper to bumper. The better the condition the harder time they will have knocking the value of your car down. Service records and new consumable parts go a very long way.

If you need someone to go with you make sure they know what the (*&% they are doing. Call me, I'll go with you.
The best deal I got was 20k from Superstition Honda from a internet sales guy, went in and the Sales manager said the price I was quoted was too low and they wouldn't honor it! WTF is that about, they will quote you a low price just to get you down there and then not honor it. I even showed him the emails between him and I, needless to say I walked out and ended up buying from Tempe.

Unless their quote has some kind of fine print disclaimer they are legally obligated to honor the quote. Be sure you get a stock # with your sales quote too.

Kidnkorner
04-19-2009, 02:48 PM
So if you are a first time buyer or have bad credit you should have to pay more for a car or get bent over? I realize that someone with bad credit or is a 1st time buyer will have to have money down and have higher APR but that should stop them from negotiating the way I described.

As far as the DOC fee goes I don't HAVE to pay anything and just because it pre printed on purchase order doesn't mean anything. Dealers print that in to make the buyer think it isn't negotiable. I know dealers who sell at or below invoice and make their money on the holdback and doc fee. Thats crap. I will walk out everytime.

k20z3kid
04-21-2009, 03:10 PM
got 09 si sedan at earnhardt with 3500 down, had co sign, lol i had NO credit at the time