PDA

View Full Version : Home Sorround System Receiver????

RudysImports
02-27-2009, 11:09 AM
Alright im parting ways with my panasonic home theather I had for 4 years. Bought a house, and it already has 4 in Ceiling Speakers,connection plate on main wall, and a connection for a Subwoofer in back of the room...

Looks like all I need as speakers now is to buy the Sub, and Front speaker, and that would put me in 5.1 correct? Im looking to get a Receiver to connect everything through, but never had one before , so I do not know what to get, or look for. All Im have is my PS3/HD Direct TV/Karaoke machine.....

What Should I buy, or look into buying?

turboedsupe
02-28-2009, 04:03 PM
If you bought two fronts and a center channel you would be at 7.1 with a sub. How big is the room and how much are you trying to spend? For the reciever i would recomend the pioneer vsx-1018. You can find it for around $350 new and it supports all the new hd audio formats and upconverts to 1080p. Its also 7 channels and 130w a channel

RudysImports
03-02-2009, 02:40 PM
the room is about 20 x 30 never thought about adding 2 fronts, but $350 is something I can do.I just dont know what to get, but i will look into that pioneer vsx-1018....thx

turboedsupe
03-03-2009, 12:53 PM
Thats a pretty decent sized room. I dont know how much your trying to spend on a sub but i would reccomend contacting svs audio and seeing which of there subs would work for you. I have one of there subs and it sounds awesome

jdmesk
04-04-2009, 07:55 PM
go to best buy and get their insignia 5.1 hd reciever. has two hdmi ports, optical cable. i have my ps3, and hd direct tv hooked up to it and sounds great. have bose fronts, and optima center and 10"powered sub. thing sounds good with blu-ray and digital surround. and only spent $150.