PDA

View Full Version : Setting up camp for the night event for friends or GFs/wives

BlueTeg
03-23-2009, 04:40 PM
Do you guys have an interest in making some plans for setting up a Honda/Acura area for the NASA night event?

Its always kind of a shit show since not everyone gets there at the same time, but for those that are interested in parking together let's talk about what time you're getting there, how and where we want to park.

Also are any of you guys bringing wives or GFs? My GF wants to come but doesn't really know anyone else besides me and I'm usually running around helping the racers, fixing or tweaking my own car, and helping out with the DE groups for instructing, etc. so I'm not the greatest person to spend quality time with at these things.

topramn
03-23-2009, 05:13 PM
my gf will be there with me that weekend.. she wont know anyone either..

BlueTeg
03-23-2009, 05:29 PM
Ramin: you and tage are the only ones on here that are in the know about parking.

Can you elaborate where we will NOT be able to setup?

riceboy88
03-23-2009, 06:39 PM
i will prbly be out there around 6 with a few hoes

ILIKETODRIVE
03-23-2009, 08:32 PM
I want to get there as soon as the gate opens in the morning. I want to watch some of the Modified stuff and BBQ and whatnot.

:)

Tage
03-23-2009, 08:59 PM
Gabe, this is a really good idea... I was down at FIR scoping things out and I will use the painted lines in the paddock that are already there and I think I will do semi assigned parking based on club role and/or car type. In other words, I'm going to try to park all admins in one section so we can find each other. I'll probably put all the instructors in their own section. Spec 944 guys in one section, etc. This topic deserves more thought put into it. Let's discuss this Saturday!

woody55
03-23-2009, 09:13 PM
Do you guys have an interest in making some plans for setting up a Honda/Acura area for the NASA night event?

Yes, count me in!!!!

Kinetic
03-23-2009, 09:39 PM

Its always kind of a shit show since not everyone gets there at the same time, but for those that are interested in parking together let's talk about what time you're getting there, how and where we want to park.

Also are any of you guys bringing wives or GFs? My GF wants to come but doesn't really know anyone else besides me and I'm usually running around helping the racers, fixing or tweaking my own car, and helping out with the DE groups for instructing, etc. so I'm not the greatest person to spend quality time with at these things.

my GF will be there, count me in

INTEGRA DC2
03-23-2009, 10:01 PM
Sounds like a good idea , Ill probably be there when gates open as well with Josh, Joser, and Justin

JoshDC2
03-23-2009, 10:06 PM
x2 for getting there when gate opens. i may do auto x ahahhaa. see how i do.

IS-Frank
03-23-2009, 11:08 PM
Count me in too...im takin my gurl too

SlowCivicHmm
03-24-2009, 12:02 AM
IN like FLINN!!!

Just about to register.....

I'm there 9am to 2am AGAIN!! muahahaha

emw2772000
03-24-2009, 12:26 AM
never been there but i wanna go jus to watch what time is this all happening like whens the best time to come?>

PaulB
03-24-2009, 03:29 AM

Great idea Gabe!
Count me in.......

I also want to AX---I have not done that in a long time should be funny I hope i don't get lost!

fmx_dbc
03-24-2009, 07:18 AM
Awesome thought Gabe! I definitely want to show up early so nothing is rushed and I get a good spot to park. It would be cool to have a Honda/Acura section. I always like to park near friends.

Agent Smith
03-24-2009, 08:20 AM
Seems like a good idea to me :grin:

Phantomeg
03-24-2009, 09:01 AM
Count me in...We need to organize plenty of cover, food and drink for the potentially warm day...

Kinetic
03-24-2009, 09:25 AM
I don't think set up will start till around Noon.................

waiting for Ramin to chime in on this

topramn
03-24-2009, 09:35 AM
thats all being discussed at the meeting at the PCA event this weekend. see nasaaz forums for details and to find out whether you need to be there or not.

BlueTeg
04-01-2009, 02:44 AM
So here is what I have so far after the admin meeting on Saturday:

This first picture shows where we (as participants) can park in yellow. The blue/purple is where they are going to line the guys with big rigs and trailors up
http://www.team-integra.net/sections/members/images/12c008f3-73e0-4bc7-ae95-5f857672ffc7.jpg

This second picture shows a zoom in of where we cannot park:
blue line = where they are going to line the trailors and rigs up against the fence
black square with an X = admin parking
black square with pink filling = proposed modified magazine shootout parking
black diamonds = where they will queue the cars before releasing them on track
http://www.team-integra.net/sections/members/images/823955e6-09b3-47b0-9087-d386cc43b360.jpg
The yellow boxes are areas that I think would make good camp sites.
* The rectangular one against the fence is nice because its convenient to get on/off the track. The parking in years past has been pretty congested around the paddock and it can get annoying when you're not used to waiting for spectators to clear the way so you can get on track. Admin has proposed some changes this year that should ease the congestion, but you never know how it will be till the event kicks off.
* The polygon one has pretty much the same feel, except that we will not be as spread out due to parking side by side like we would be at the rectangular one
* The square one is probably the least convenient to get on and off track, however it will be easiest in my opinion for friends, GFs, wives, family, etc. to find us and will be less "secluded" and offer more "views" that the previous 2 mentioned. Keep in mind that 'secluded' isn't necessarily a bad thing. There will be TONS of people at this event. Many of these people whom we don't know. I know alot of us bring tools, and other equipment to the NASA events and never think twice about leaving stuff out. This event is the one event where I do keep a closer eye on my stuff due to the amount of people that aren't part of NASA that come to spectate.

fmx_dbc
04-01-2009, 06:35 AM
I think both the spot next to the fence near track entrance and the square spot near the grassy/covered area are good places to set up shop. I also like to be somewhat "secluded" just because I don't like a flock of people constantly swarming around...but these night events do get big. - Craig

woody55
04-02-2009, 08:06 AM
I vote for the big square next to the grass. I have a lot of stuff and spares that I bring to the track and that area looks like it will have a bit more room to spread out in. Also, I have a truck and trailor that I have to fit as well as the race car.

Actually... that brings up a good question. Is there going to be a special out of the way place to leave trailors for the day? Would clear up bunches of paddock space for more cars.

Tage
04-02-2009, 09:49 AM
Open trailers will not be allowed in the paddock. Last year we parked all open trailers behind (North) of the tower turn. I am not completely sold on parking of the big rigs of how you laid it out. I think they would work better if they were setup next to the black X box (where the UMS Tuning dyno will be setup) across from the large Bill Johnson Pavillion.

The paddock will be packed like usual, but enforcement of not having open trailers and then not putting any vendors in the paddock should give everyone a little more breathing room this year vs past years.

Tage
04-02-2009, 02:19 PM
Maps of the layout should be out by this weekend.

topramn
04-04-2009, 08:39 AM
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f85/ramen3pm/2009%20modified%20shootout/FirMain-Paddock.jpg
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f85/ramen3pm/2009%20modified%20shootout/WestLot-Track-Park.jpg

BlueTeg
04-06-2009, 10:33 AM
Based on the 'official' map that just came out...

...my vote is for the rectangular space. We can elongate it to a V-shape if needed since the big rigs won't be parking all the way down the fence as was originally planned and shown in my color maps.

How say you guys?

ILIKETODRIVE
04-06-2009, 10:54 AM
Down.

SlowCivicHmm
04-06-2009, 12:31 PM
I'm down.....should I bring my lil grill?? or someone got one bigger? I use mine @ all proauto events....

Did we hear anything about Admin/Tech parking by chance???

BlueTeg
04-06-2009, 01:05 PM
Did we hear anything about Admin/Tech parking by chance???

Post #25..... :idiot:

topramn
04-06-2009, 02:10 PM
Post #25..... :idiot:

x2. wake up already.

SlowCivicHmm
04-06-2009, 05:52 PM
^^ geee thx....

but its not clear that its parking for admin....jeez

topramn
04-06-2009, 07:10 PM
there are 3 areas that say admin! look around until you find them.

BlueTeg
04-10-2009, 08:28 AM
Based on the 'official' map that just came out...

...my vote is for the rectangular space. We can elongate it to a V-shape if needed since the big rigs won't be parking all the way down the fence as was originally planned and shown in my color maps.

Just a reminder ladies...

ILIKETODRIVE
04-10-2009, 08:45 AM
Can't wait! I'm bringing donuts and strippers! :clapper:

fmx_dbc
04-10-2009, 08:47 AM
What should I bring? LOL

ILIKETODRIVE
04-10-2009, 09:42 AM
What should I bring? LOL

http://www.munic.state.ct.us/BURLINGTON/us_one_dollar_bill/us_dollar_front.gif

fmx_dbc
04-10-2009, 09:51 AM
Shit I'll have to rob a bank just to be on the safe side...I'm afraid $1 isnt going to cut it with what we do...

mc_rhett_meister
04-10-2009, 10:16 AM
Whens a good time for Sean and I to show up?

fmx_dbc
04-10-2009, 10:27 AM
Did you see the schedule? I think the first group in the afternoon goes off around 3

BlueTeg
04-10-2009, 10:59 AM
Whens a good time for Sean and I to show up?

Main Track goes hot at 3:00. Not sure what on the schedule interests you guys but there is fun stuff to watch pretty much all day (drift, race, TT, Time Attack, Modified Shootout, etc.)

BlueTeg
04-10-2009, 11:03 AM
Can't wait! I'm bringing donuts and strippers! :clapper:

For reals?

http://www.adjab.com/media/2006/06/amrunsondunkin150.jpg...and strippers

ILIKETODRIVE
04-10-2009, 11:49 AM
Shit I'll have to rob a bank just to be on the safe side...I'm afraid $1 isnt going to cut it with what we do...

You only need the Washington's for the strippers!

fmx_dbc
04-10-2009, 01:07 PM
You only need the Washington's for the strippers!

Check...done!