PDA

View Full Version : Pixa Delivery?

Nedaaaah
03-26-2009, 08:04 PM
Has anyone ever done it?
I was thinking of something fun to do just for shits n giggles next semester and this idea came up...
Anyone ever done it? What are tips like? Hours?

civic_ls_vtec
03-26-2009, 08:13 PM
My bro works at dominos he get like 9 an hour and they give him like 20 a day for gas and tips are like between $20 and up everyday he works

Owens
03-26-2009, 08:19 PM
I used to do Pizza Delivery when I was 16, pretty good job if you have a nice little reliable car that's good on gas. On busy weekends, I'd make $70-$100 a day in tips, plus my hourly. Nothing like free pizza too. If you are a people person and you don't look like someone that's ready to kill a guy, it's really not a bad job.

Nedaaaah
03-26-2009, 08:25 PM
I used to do Pizza Delivery when I was 16, pretty good job if you have a nice little reliable car that's good on gas. On busy weekends, I'd make $70-$100 a day in tips, plus my hourly. Nothing like free pizza too. If you are a people person and you don't look like someone that's ready to kill a guy, it's really not a bad job.

hahahahaha those are good tips! im planning on doing it in flagstaff so pretty much would be delivering to college students so idk how the tips would be here...lol anymore people?

dan
03-26-2009, 08:29 PM
i hope you don't wanna deliver in your dd. I made that mistake many years ago, and really beat up my car. too many miles every day, and i gotta lead foot-so i was beating on it for like 8 hours a day. it'll make your car sad :(

that one guy
03-26-2009, 08:30 PM
i worked at papa johns right next to asu at rural and university. $6/hr + $1 per delivery and tips/delivery charges are paid nightly in cash, weekly paychecks. I would usually make $60-$80 a night excluding hourly pay. I loved it when the ASU basketball coach ordered for the team because I got to go and see all the players and plus I would always get a fat tip. the only thing is, I wouldn't want to deliver pizzas with a lowered car. 90% of the people that order pizzas (at least in that area) live in apartments and apartments + lowered cars dont mix. On a good weekend I would make $150-$200 (fri+sat nights) and then also a paycheck. probably THE most fun job I've ever had, even though it didn't pay the greatest. especially when all the drunks would come in from mill ave, I got this one girl to mop the store and take out the trash for me =)

Nedaaaah
03-26-2009, 08:37 PM
i hope you don't wanna deliver in your dd. I made that mistake many years ago, and really beat up my car. too many miles every day, and i gotta lead foot-so i was beating on it for like 8 hours a day. it'll make your car sad :(

lol yeah it would be in my dd...maybe i should just buy a shell and drop an LS in it for delivery hahah sickkk....but i would only be doing it like 4 nights out of the week because i would go to school

The God Damn Batman
03-27-2009, 09:53 AM
i worked at sardellas for a part time 2nd job only worked about 4 hours after work during the week and about 6 hours on saturady or sunday. It paid about 6 an hour plus tips, and 1 for every run you had. It added up pretty quick. during the week i would usually get at least 40 in tips alone. and on the weekends about 80-100. I did it for about a year and helped pay for my wedding. I say do it!

I did it in my DD till my car got jacked. pizza delivery is fine to do in the DD. Its home appraisals that are anywhere from queen creek to Suprise to Anthem that jacked my car all up lol.

Digi Snax
03-27-2009, 09:57 AM
my boy gunnrulff, he delivers pizza on the side. he knows whats up

Rob x3
03-27-2009, 10:14 AM
me and jdmcivic1 delivered for Rosaties, we didnt get paid hourly but we got $2 for each delivery plus tips... average day was about 15 all done after school.... i'd make about $300-$400 a weak

Nedaaaah
03-27-2009, 12:33 PM
me and jdmcivic1 delivered for Rosaties, we didnt get paid hourly but we got $2 for each delivery plus tips... average day was about 15 all done after school.... i'd make about $300-$400 a weak

damn lol...not bad 400 a week would be awesome!! plus im sure i could get some homework done during the down time! hell yeah i might just do it

The God Damn Batman
03-27-2009, 12:35 PM
damn lol...not bad 400 a week would be awesome!! plus im sure i could get some homework done during the down time! hell yeah i might just do it

if its like sardellas your down time is spent folding pizza boxes, and cleaning. so dont plan on too much down time.

Nedaaaah
03-27-2009, 12:40 PM
if its like sardellas your down time is spent folding pizza boxes, and cleaning. so dont plan on too much down time.

no it would be dominos or the pizza guy in flagstaff...which is where i live for 9months out of the year...when im in phoenix i have a job

Slow_HX
03-27-2009, 01:03 PM
i worked at papa johns right next to asu at rural and university. $6/hr + $1 per delivery and tips/delivery charges are paid nightly in cash, weekly paychecks. I would usually make $60-$80 a night excluding hourly pay. I loved it when the ASU basketball coach ordered for the team because I got to go and see all the players and plus I would always get a fat tip. the only thing is, I wouldn't want to deliver pizzas with a lowered car. 90% of the people that order pizzas (at least in that area) live in apartments and apartments + lowered cars dont mix. On a good weekend I would make $150-$200 (fri+sat nights) and then also a paycheck. probably THE most fun job I've ever had, even though it didn't pay the greatest. especially when all the drunks would come in from mill ave, I got this one girl to mop the store and take out the trash for me =)

You should tell them about your gay experience ;)

Rob x3
03-27-2009, 01:06 PM

we didnt have to do diddly squat because we weren't employed by them. We were contracted, all we were there to do is deliver

Motorhead
03-27-2009, 01:11 PM
I delivered pizza my freshman year in college. On a busy Friday or Saturday night, you can make up to $150 in tips. The hourly pay is probably minimum wage, might be even less since you're expected to earn money in tips. They probably pay $0.75-$1 for every delivery you make. Be prepared to work with a lot of losers.

GunnRulF
03-27-2009, 01:46 PM
I deliver pizza once a week at Fuzzy's (91st ave & bell rd) and I usually walk out with 70-100 bucks a night for 4 hours of work... 7.50 hr + tips.. just depends on how the night goes.. And if you havent tried Fuzzy's your missing out.. best pizza I've ever had. It's really not all that bad, Im driving for the most part and dont have to deal with making the pizza's, preping food, and all that garbo

Nedaaaah
03-27-2009, 01:47 PM
I delivered pizza my freshman year in college. On a busy Friday or Saturday night, you can make up to $150 in tips. The hourly pay is probably minimum wage, might be even less since you're expected to earn money in tips. They probably pay $0.75-$1 for every delivery you make. Be prepared to work with a lot of losers.

oh yeah i knew this. i mean most people who order pizza in flg on a saturday night are drunk as shit so yeah

efcivic91
03-27-2009, 02:52 PM
i use to deliver pizzas for pizza hut. Not a bad job especially with minimum wage up. For 6 hrs of work i use to bring home 60-100 a night. considering you can do 3-5 deliveries an hour which the average tip is 3 dollars thats a minimum of 9 dollars an hour on tips. plus they give you a dollar for every delivery you make to cover some gas. thats not even including you hourly wage

ILIKETODRIVE
03-27-2009, 04:37 PM
*waiting for comptonasskerry to chime in*

RickM
03-27-2009, 04:53 PM
Delivered pizzas for Sarpinos on 91st and Northern for 8 months untill they closed. Delivered in my CRX DD and had no problems the whole time. I loved the job and the atmosphere, it was like family there. On the down times you prepped the kitchen for everyone else. Time FLYS when your delivering the whole time.

I worked during the Superbowl week, so we were delivering to millionaires all week at the hotels around the arena. I was getting anywhere from 80-200$ a night in tips alone that week! Unfortunately after the Superbowl the economy started going to shit and the owner didn't manage the shop good enough. Before we closed, I startted getting less and less in tips. Went from getting $500 weekly to $200 in tips.

If I didnt have 9 points on my record(pre-pizza job, they didnt do a MVD check.) I would still be delivering pizzas. Nothing like getting paid to drive and listen to music! I got so good at finding houses and addresses that my friends call me the Navigator now.

Nedaaaah
03-27-2009, 10:48 PM
*waiting for comptonasskerry to chime in*

kerry makes me laugh! :wave1:

holla@me
03-29-2009, 10:35 PM
i currently deliver for Dominos, work about 30 hours a week, and make anywhere from $250-$400 a week in tips in a very low/low to middle class delivery area. for every hour i work, i put about 15 miles on my car. and if i can deliver in my supercharged Honda on hydraulics, anybody can use their DD as long as they maintain it.

the General Manager at my location actually worked at the "campus" Dominos up in Flagstaff when he was a driver. he said the business is pretty much non-stop up there, and a lot of really decent neighborhoods. he's only 24, he got his degree from NAU but ultimately decided to run a Dominos store. the opportunities are there, which is cool i guess.

i dunno about the Flag store, but at my Dominos there ain't shit for :tits:. when i worked at Pizza Hut, it was NOTHING BUT hot jailbait :tits: that would answer the phone and fry the wings lol. it was half the fun of working there! Dominos has been a complete sausage fest so far :smirk: :thumbsdown: as a driver though, you have to do A LOT more side jobs at Pizza Hut (prep, dishes, trash, etc). at Dominos, drivers aren't expected to do anything other than answer the phone (none of that 30min "go home job" bullshit). some things to keep in mind...

if you're just looking for something to do just for "shits n giggles," then i say definitely go for it. quick and easy money for just cruising around listening to your music (or NPR in my case lol).

Vtec_IN_3RD
03-29-2009, 10:56 PM
i worked at il primo at 59th and bell a few years ago and i worked both during the day and at night like both different shifts and i made more when i would work during the day than at night

RickM
03-30-2009, 04:12 AM
i worked at il primo at 59th and bell a few years ago and i worked both during the day and at night like both different shifts and i made more when i would work during the day than at night

Wow, I have never heard of that before. All drivers I have ever talked to made way more at night time.

I could do a 10 hour day shift and walk away with $50-60. But do a 4 hour night shift during the rush and walk away with $40. The difference was night and day. (literally haha)

Hopeless EP3
03-30-2009, 07:48 AM
I was gonna say if you want to deliver pizza theres a place in tempe call eddies pizza that is a hookah lounge too my friend used to work there they're open till 5am lol.. My friend used to make $250 ish a night plus the hourly... (weekends) but I see you're nowhere near tempe

Nedaaaah
03-30-2009, 01:19 PM
i currently deliver for Dominos, work about 30 hours a week, and make anywhere from $250-$400 a week in tips in a very low/low to middle class delivery area. for every hour i work, i put about 15 miles on my car. and if i can deliver in my supercharged Honda on hydraulics, anybody can use their DD as long as they maintain it.

the General Manager at my location actually worked at the "campus" Dominos up in Flagstaff when he was a driver. he said the business is pretty much non-stop up there, and a lot of really decent neighborhoods. he's only 24, he got his degree from NAU but ultimately decided to run a Dominos store. the opportunities are there, which is cool i guess.

i dunno about the Flag store, but at my Dominos there ain't shit for :tits:. when i worked at Pizza Hut, it was NOTHING BUT hot jailbait :tits: that would answer the phone and fry the wings lol. it was half the fun of working there! Dominos has been a complete sausage fest so far :smirk: :thumbsdown: as a driver though, you have to do A LOT more side jobs at Pizza Hut (prep, dishes, trash, etc). at Dominos, drivers aren't expected to do anything other than answer the phone (none of that 30min "go home job" bullshit). some things to keep in mind...

if you're just looking for something to do just for "shits n giggles," then i say definitely go for it. quick and easy money for just cruising around listening to your music (or NPR in my case lol).
yeah the campus domino's up here (on Milton rd) is pretty busy! on the weekends they have about 3 or 4 drivers. Campus is located on the "west" side of flagstaff which is suppose to be the middle to upper class levels.

The only reason it was between Dominos and Pizza Guy is cause theres this kid that works at pizza guy with a nice ek hatch lol. But whoever pays more hourly is who I will go with!!

Next semester shall be fun!! Riding around listening to music and delivering pizza hell yea! lol

careyfosho
03-30-2009, 08:55 PM
i love how everyone gives jc<3ek shit for spelling and grammar but this guy butchered PIZZA and no one said shit for it.. hahaha nothing against OP but poor jc takes all the heat

Nedaaaah
03-31-2009, 02:00 AM
i love how everyone gives jc<3ek shit for spelling and grammar but this guy butchered PIZZA and no one said shit for it.. hahaha nothing against OP but poor jc takes all the heat

Aren't you suppose to be flirting with rufus or something? lol jp

the misspelling of pixa was intentional, I am aware that pizza is well, spelled pizza. lol.

careyfosho
03-31-2009, 02:51 AM
oh boy do i love me some rufus.

Nedaaaah
03-31-2009, 07:30 PM

im sure ya do

boosted muscle
04-02-2009, 01:45 PM
I worked for Papa John's a couple years back. I was the closing driver in S. Phoenix for like three months and i actually made pretty good tips. I was pulling in around 100 a night easy. It also made it easy that i was the only driver working from around nine until close. that plus my check made it worth it back then. It paid for gas in my v8 firebird back then.

Rufus
04-02-2009, 05:14 PM

Don't play f00

careyfosho
04-02-2009, 06:59 PM
no playin

Nedaaaah
04-03-2009, 01:44 PM
Don't play f00

no playin

always gotta fuck up my threads...dammit!

lol