PDA

View Full Version : Plateau? What should I do?

NickAtNite
03-28-2009, 10:06 PM
I need some advice. So I started dieting and working out about 4 months ago. The first 3 months went pretty well; I lost about 15 pounds. This last month I only lost about one pound, lol. I think I hit a plateau or something. I didn't get lazy, if anything I intensified my workout. What should I do to keep weight coming off.

I'm 5'10" and at the moment I weigh about 224. I consume about 1700-2000 calories a day. Every other day or so, I do about 20-30 minutes of intense calisthenic workouts and then go walking/jogging.

Anyone have any good ideas?

ARISTO
03-29-2009, 05:54 PM
This is why p90x is so effective, it doesnt allow you to plateau. Its called muscle confusion. Doing the same workouts will cause muscle plateau. Confusing the muscle allows for better results and faster results.

Daddy_Digital
03-29-2009, 10:30 PM
lots of cardio when i would try slimming down. running is what worked for me. even when i was just lifting weights, id end with 45 mins on the bike.

NickAtNite
04-08-2009, 11:50 AM
I just weighed myself and I sit at 220 now. Which is odd because I kinda took a break from dieting and exercise for this past week and a half. I didn't completely stop, but I did consume quite a bit more calories than I normally do during the diet. I didn't exercise anymore than doing 5 minute stretches and simple warm ups. Somehow, I still lost 4 lbs. If only I knew what I did right...that was the easiest weight loss I've had since I started lol.

reyes1212
05-03-2009, 12:59 PM
Your calorie intake is too high if you are wanting to slim down?
Like the first reply-er said, maybe you are being too repetitive?

P90x rocks.

91tegc5
05-04-2009, 09:03 PM
Its usually because your probably doing the same routine and that's where it happens. try to change it up (different workout types, cardio, nutrition ect )
Fellow the information here and do your own research. I have been following this guy and WHEN i stay on track I get good results. Subscribe to his youtube's as well.
Let me know what the outcome is.
http://www.mensworkoutguide.com/getting_started.html

96accordsir
05-06-2009, 04:29 PM
juice time

NickAtNite
05-06-2009, 05:01 PM
I've been doing the same thing for the past month. I've been more casual on the workouts though. I do simple workouts and walking about 2-3 days a week. I'm eating almost the same, but varying my calorie intake everyday. It might be a little slow, but it's working. I weighed 220 lbs about a month ago; now I'm at 212. I'm going to go back to a more strict workout and see what happens.

reyes1212
05-06-2009, 11:35 PM
I've been doing the same thing for the past month. I've been more casual on the workouts though. I do simple workouts and walking about 2-3 days a week. I'm eating almost the same, but varying my calorie intake everyday. It might be a little slow, but it's working. I weighed 220 lbs about a month ago; now I'm at 212. I'm going to go back to a more strict workout and see what happens.

Dont give up once you make your shit stricter because it wil be a lot harder taking care of what goes in your body calorie wise.

Discipline!

lol

It's hard, but works great.

91tegc5
05-07-2009, 12:19 PM
Dont give up once you make your shit stricter because it wil be a lot harder taking care of what goes in your body calorie wise.

Discipline!

lol

It's hard, but works great.

I fuckin agree with you. that's where people always get caught up at. I'm not a very strict diet because we already eat good (gf is on the weight watchers shit) so im not living off of tuna and protein shakes but if you need to loose weight at a fast paste you have to be able to stick with what you have planned and make sure to keep track of everything you do. From eating to working out to how much wieghts you lift and how long you walk/run and every time try to beat that.

NickAtNite
05-11-2009, 12:41 AM
I know, before I started this thread I had everything planned and scheduled. I always made sure I followed it and kept track of what I ate. But then I slowed down because ,I guess, my body just got used to it and it wasn't doing anything for me any longer.

Recently, I haven't really had a need to do strict workouts, like I used to, because I've been working installing wood floors 3-4 days out of the week; constantly walking back and forth, lifting stuff, and getting up and down on my knees. That alone takes a lot out of me. So I just stick to keeping my calorie count down. Workouts are usually just stretching and simple calisthenics.

JDMjames
05-12-2009, 03:59 PM
I was in the same situation. I was working out and making great progress, till I plateaued. So then I decided to switch my routines and workout a little. Doing that helped a lot and I dropped 10lbs in the past 3 weeks.

I was doing a 5 day workout routines with a focus on 2-3 muscle groups a day and never working out the same muscle for at least 3-4 days at a time. When I changed the routines, i went with a 3 days on 2 days off routine. In day 1 upperbody with deadlifts, real quick and simple workouts, 45min tops at the gym, then day 2 lower body and abs, day 3 is cardio with interval training. rest for 2 day and start all over again.

I started out 3 months ago at 170 lbs and at 27% bf, now i'm at 160 at 21%, hopefully I will be below 20% at another month.