PDA

View Full Version : Hood Pins

MrRline2010
04-04-2009, 09:09 PM
Ok i'm going to be picking up a oem cf hood next month. My buddy had one before and didn't use hood pins on his em2 and it was fine. My question is do I really need to purchase a set? Is it an extra precaution or is the oem latch that flimsy that I need to have these? If you do recommend hood pins what brand would you go with? I want something that is flush with the hood if possible. I know i've seen a set and they just latch up or something. Any brand specific I should try to get? Also what about the window washers is their a way to mount them in that water channel area or am I stuck removing them?

bryantiscool
04-05-2009, 12:57 AM
If you were to get any hood pins
id get these
http://passwordjdm.com/AeroCatch-Flush-Hood-Fastener-Kit-P2664C173.aspx

Smashing_Vtec
04-05-2009, 12:59 AM
yeah get those way better

crx2quik4u
04-05-2009, 01:48 AM
i personally dont like those...i think they are kinda lame looking...but i have a body kit on my car so dont listen to me

comptonasskerry
04-05-2009, 02:31 AM
i personally dont like those...i think they are kinda lame looking...but i have a body kit on my car so dont listen to me

ur a moron he didnt fuckin ask if u liked them or not he was asking a question that u didnt help answer u should of just shut ur cock holster and not posted. wut a fuckin moron

as for the question on hand. the password ones are the best for flush look and they hold really well the other thing is wut kind of cf hood is it if its very high quality i wouldnt worry about gettin pins if its not very high quality i would get the pins just in case.

bryantiscool
04-05-2009, 02:34 AM

sorry they dont have flames on it
or maybe a cool pirate face with his parrot.
but they get the job done and its not too flashy as those chrome/big ass pin looking ones.

MrRline2010
04-05-2009, 03:13 AM
but they get the job done and its not too flashy as those chrome/big ass pin looking ones.

I want something non flashy i'm trying to avoid the rice look for the sake of cops anyway

crx2quik4u
04-05-2009, 05:11 AM
my sparco hood pins are "ricey" jesus! i didnt get that memo either! as for kerry...as usual...go fuck yourself

intel
04-06-2009, 04:16 AM
use the aerocatch hood pins. you can barely see them half the time... there are rumors of tehm having weak locking mechanisms but whatever. Also they are locking so that is a plus.

only thing i dont like about the aerocatch is they take foreeeeeeeeeeeever to install from what i hear

84b18
04-07-2009, 07:07 AM
If you were to get any hood pins
id get these
http://passwordjdm.com/AeroCatch-Flush-Hood-Fastener-Kit-P2664C173.aspx
i like them but not for 82 bux, plus im not into the fake rivets.

lil h
04-07-2009, 01:51 PM

Hey hey they costed me like $16 buks and its kept my hood on my car 111

4dr_ed3
04-07-2009, 01:53 PM
Hey hey they costed me like $16 buks and its kept my hood on my car 111

i actually posted this lol didnt know i wason his profile hehe

bryantiscool
04-07-2009, 02:59 PM
im just saying, if i had a choice between the pwjdm ones and the chrome/pin ones, id rather choose the pwjdm since they wouldnt be as "eye grabbing" as the chrome ones.

4dr_ed3
04-07-2009, 03:07 PM
uhuh yeah thats what i thought!!!! imjust giving you shit bro everyone hasthere own taste i really dont like the chrome ones either but hey they where 16 and that all i hadat the time

bryantiscool
04-07-2009, 03:09 PM
uhuh yeah thats what i thought!!!! imjust giving you shit bro everyone hasthere own taste i really dont like the chrome ones either but hey they where 16 and that all i hadat the time

oh of course you know. they both get the job done, it just comes down to personal preference. thats all.

ps. when am i gonna see your car homo? :)

MrRline2010
04-07-2009, 04:06 PM
oh of course you know. they both get the job done, it just comes down to personal preference. thats all.

lol i sent you pictures to edit two days ago homo. Look away ahhah actually only one pic is new. Eventually maybe we'll do a shoot

that one guy
04-08-2009, 03:38 AM
I dont like hood pins, you dont need them.

LS-S DA9
04-08-2009, 10:30 AM
not really necessary...

Dead Bird
04-08-2009, 01:23 PM
I agree with kerry here.
If you paying for a decent quality hood, there is no NEED for the hood pins. Carbon fiber is not a weak product.

But if you want that extra safety, the aerocatch ones are nice, and NRG also has a set damn near identical to them.
Priced a little higher, at least here http://www.robearracing.com/pd-nrg-racing-flush-hood-pins-universal.cfm

4dr_ed3
04-08-2009, 08:07 PM

hopefully im going to the meet this weekend even though my car looks like shit. i need new bumber, fenders, and a driver side mirror