PDA

View Full Version : My "studio" shots

bryantiscool
04-05-2009, 04:43 AM
Got bored one night and ended up making a little studio/backdrop setting in my room.
Shots turned out pretty good.
Minimal editing was required.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3542/3388805191_c466ca3fec_o.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3601/3388805173_fb7113a0a4_o.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3430/3391850326_7ef0f76353_o.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3363/3413690723_232ea77786_o.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3319/3414496062_3cff18d8de_o.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3550/3413690635_b88fd7e411_o.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3411/3407444697_583a774035_o.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3576/3413690575_61779155bf_o.jpg

Ill update this thread with more pictures after I mess around and take some more pictures of other things

Rocky
04-05-2009, 08:43 AM
sick!

EMPYRE
04-05-2009, 10:55 AM
Dope

die in a dick fire noob
04-05-2009, 02:10 PM
dig the shoe shots bryant... on the rings i would have put more focus on the diamonds and maybe shot it with a macro (don't know your setup so just a suggestion) ... the bottle one i like but the bottle says pink and there seems to be no color in the entire image also the background is distracting with the wrinkles. it's a pretty good exposure but little things detract. the first shot seems washed out to me. i like the setup of each of them i would have gone for more drama on the headphones kind of like what you did with the shoes... darker images with only a few highlights. keep it up dude!

J30A1accord
04-05-2009, 02:16 PM
lol some clean pics

bryantiscool
04-05-2009, 03:15 PM
sick!

gracias!

Dope

thanks sir

dig the shoe shots bryant... on the rings i would have put more focus on the diamonds and maybe shot it with a macro (don't know your setup so just a suggestion) ... the bottle one i like but the bottle says pink and there seems to be no color in the entire image also the background is distracting with the wrinkles. it's a pretty good exposure but little things detract. the first shot seems washed out to me. i like the setup of each of them i would have gone for more drama on the headphones kind of like what you did with the shoes... darker images with only a few highlights. keep it up dude!

yeah, the first few were taken when i just got it up.
the shoes were an experiment that turned out amazing.
I want a macro lense but theyre so expensive.. :\
I might have to settle for the 50mm lense and see how those pan out. I also need a portrait lense so the 50mm would serve dual purposes.
Thanks for your advice. :thumbsup:

lol some clean pics

thanks man

die in a dick fire noob
04-06-2009, 10:10 AM
yeah, the first few were taken when i just got it up.
the shoes were an experiment that turned out amazing.
I want a macro lense but theyre so expensive.. :\
I might have to settle for the 50mm lense and see how those pan out. I also need a portrait lense so the 50mm would serve dual purposes.
Thanks for your advice.

like i said before, really digging the shoes!

as for a macro i don't know what you shoot... what brand?

sigma makes a nice 70mm 2.8 that's pretty inexpensive and was rated as high as nikon's 65mm micro... so definitely check that out if you decide to hunker down and buy one.

50's are great for being so cheap. if you get the extension tube to make it a macro it works pretty great you should check out some stuff done with the tubes, some of it comes out really nice. if you're looking for a portrait too then definitely buy a 50mm... they are so inexpensive everyone should own one!

bryantiscool
04-06-2009, 12:44 PM
like i said before, really digging the shoes!

as for a macro i don't know what you shoot... what brand?

sigma makes a nice 70mm 2.8 that's pretty inexpensive and was rated as high as nikon's 65mm micro... so definitely check that out if you decide to hunker down and buy one.

50's are great for being so cheap. if you get the extension tube to make it a macro it works pretty great you should check out some stuff done with the tubes, some of it comes out really nice. if you're looking for a portrait too then definitely buy a 50mm... they are so inexpensive everyone should own one!

I was looking at the nikon ones awhile back and saw the price and closed the window pretty quick. Haha. Really? How much do those sigma ones go for? I might need to go take a look at the sigma ones. Yeah, the nikkor 50mm is only like 133 brand new so I think that's gonna be my next purchase. What's the tube called for the 50mm? Is it fairly inexpensive?

JDM Jon
04-06-2009, 01:20 PM
nice shots man!
was just wondering how you make your sig on the pics?
photoshopped on? and how do you get that font?

bryantiscool
04-06-2009, 01:52 PM
Jon;1413172']nice shots man!
was just wondering how you make your sig on the pics?
photoshopped on? and how do you get that font?

thanks homie
yeah, used photoshop to make it into a brush so i wouldnt have to keep on using the font tool to type it out on every picture.
I just downloaded it off a site. theres like that 1001 font site that you could download em from

ewok
04-06-2009, 01:58 PM
nice shots!!!!

rudsone
04-06-2009, 01:58 PM
lol at your fake chuck's ;)

the first three are a little bright imo, good shit though

die in a dick fire noob
04-06-2009, 02:24 PM
nikons 60 seems to be the cheapest...

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/66987-GREY/Nikon_1987_60mm_f_2_8D_Macro_Autofocus.html#

and the sigma went up it's over 400...

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/444462-USA/Sigma_270306_70mm_f_2_8_EX_DG.html

i'd go with the nikon if it came down between the two... the nikon is a good portrait lens also...

reyes1212
04-06-2009, 03:40 PM

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/66987-GREY/Nikon_1987_60mm_f_2_8D_Macro_Autofocus.html#

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/444462-USA/Sigma_270306_70mm_f_2_8_EX_DG.html

i'd go with the nikon if it came down between the two... the nikon is a good portrait lens also...

The micro is not AF-S so he won't be able to use it unless he likes to shoot Manual...

die in a dick fire noob
04-06-2009, 04:07 PM
oh see, this is why i said "i don't know your setup" a million times... didn't know he was shooting a d40/d40x...

and as for shooting manual for setup macro studio shots you pretty much have to if you want to actually control your focus point anyhow.

i always laugh when people point that out about the d40 and d40x when speaking about a macro... like, "it's gonna be too hard for me to manual focus on a small non moving object when shooting on a tripod!!!!!!"

bryantiscool
04-06-2009, 07:23 PM

damn, ill probably end up settling with the 50mm since im broke as shit. haha
Thanks for finding me prices. :)

The micro is not AF-S so he won't be able to use it unless he likes to shoot Manual...

whoa there amigo, remember, i DO have that manual fish eye.. :)
oh see, this is why i said "i don't know your setup" a million times... didn't know he was shooting a d40/d40x...

and as for shooting manual for setup macro studio shots you pretty much have to if you want to actually control your focus point anyhow.

i always laugh when people point that out about the d40 and d40x when speaking about a macro... like, "it's gonna be too hard for me to manual focus on a small non moving object when shooting on a tripod!!!!!!"

Oh, i'm shooting with a Nikon D40 but hoping to upgrade sometime within a few months or so. Just making sure, all Nikon lenses are interchangeable between all models of camera bodies right? Like with the full body cameras?

reyes1212
04-06-2009, 08:53 PM
damn, ill probably end up settling with the 50mm since im broke as shit. haha
Thanks for finding me prices. :)

whoa there amigo, remember, i DO have that manual fish eye.. :)

Oh, i'm shooting with a Nikon D40 but hoping to upgrade sometime within a few months or so. Just making sure, all Nikon lenses are interchangeable between all models of camera bodies right? Like with the full body cameras?

WOAH WOAH amigitooooo :wave1:

Having a fisheye is much different then having a micro lense when you actually have to set the iso, white balance, aperature, s. speed, etc than shooting plain out in the sun with the bubble eye and just changing the stops. Sure you can shoot it the same by just focusing on what you want, but you can do better.

The 50mm would do you no good either. It's also AF so you won't be able to use it for what it's mainly known for: focus speed.

I'm planning on getting one once I get an upped Nikon, but first is first and I'm saving up to get the big boys after that.

The older lenses (before DX, AF-S, etc) DO work on the newer D-SLR's, but like I said, they do come at a price the closer you are in the entry level D-SLR market.
Once you buy a Pro-Am body, you should be set to go with all of the lenses you would have to or want to use.

Only Pro's use a full frame camera because of it's advantages of having a bigger sensor compared to our little D-SLR's and having said that, they use their own special lenses that can't be used on anything below its Pro status-like technology and also won't shoot as well (within full frame) with normal DX, etc lenses from below it either.

IMO
wait until you get a better cammy before splurging on some lenses you won't be able to get the most out of.

hmm

I think I covered most of the bases.

reyes1212
04-06-2009, 08:54 PM

It's not hard, just time consuming and would be better to pump it out faster than having to edit everything else you didn't get besides what "focus point" you wanted and got-that's simple as cake.

die in a dick fire noob
04-06-2009, 09:06 PM
... you're view is simply astounding reyes.

you want him to be a point and click PRO? wow great mentor and teacher you are...

let me guess, you think knowing how to set an iso, a shutter speed and an aperture are hard things? time consuming things? i set all of my values for every shot that i take, i also spot meter, difference meter, use a white card and bracket a lot. it may be time consuming but your camera meter is no more trust worthy than judging distance with 1 eye open.

rebuttal?

you come in here like you are some kind of photo champion and you're basically telling him to not learn anything because it's pointless. it's pretty amusing really.

die in a dick fire noob
04-06-2009, 09:16 PM
The older lenses (before DX, AF-S, etc) DO work on the newer D-SLR's, but like I said, they do come at a price the closer you are in the entry level D-SLR market.
Once you buy a Pro-Am body, you should be set to go with all of the lenses you would have to or want to use.

Only Pro's use a full frame camera because of it's advantages of having a bigger sensor compared to our little D-SLR's and having said that, they use their own special lenses that can't be used on anything below its Pro status-like technology and also won't shoot as well (within full frame) with normal DX, etc lenses from below it either.

IMO
wait until you get a better cammy before splurging on some lenses you won't be able to get the most out of.

hmm

I think I covered most of the bases.

i just read this part too... older lenses work just fine you only need to know how to use them... and i know plenty of "pros" that use 40d's as well as a d2x's... can you name what a full frame camera is? because last i checked nikon didn't put out a full frame til the d3... so obviously someone at nikon felt it unnecessary for their "pro" camera to even be in full frame til 08, where as the 5d has been out for around 4 years...

there is no such thing as lenses with "better technology" that only work on pro cameras.

i'd like you to define, "won't shoot as well."

and do you understand resale value on lenses? cameras go out of style every 6 months, i sold a lens that i bought in 2001 for 400 in late 2007 for 500... the lens was made in 1996... i think that should give you an idea of what i'm talking about...

i just hate it when people misinform others about things they assume to know everything about.

reyes1212
04-06-2009, 09:27 PM
So you're saying the lense makes a camera?
Yes and no.
Technology outdates anything that came before it.
It doesn't matter what you use and most of what I said was directed towards Bryant who, I know would understand because he doesn't shoot film, etc on that heightened level; and as such I biased it towards D-SLR's not SLR's in general.

Not that Bryant won't shoot as well, but rather he wouldn't know how to (no offense).

The D700 is a full frame besides the D3.

What is considered pro is now different than what it used to be.
Imagine being new to D-SLRs and picking up a bad boy D3, 5D mk. II, etc. and trying to figure out what is what when to change a setting instead of just shooting auto forever.

"Won't shoot as well" is when you don't know how to use on the level where it is effectively used to its potential.

A photographer makes a photograph great, just knowing how things work helps you in the process.
A person can only reach their limits and upgrade to something that suits their unchained tastes.

He can get hat he want's, as you can, but I'm lending advice- if you don't like it see it as an opinion and accept it rather than refute what you can't find on the web maybe>

Ha I know enough to say what I have seen, bud.
Lense value? What about it? You sold what? I don't care, but I do care about what becomes better overtime and just because it's old doesn't make it better. I like some older ones, but I'll get a newer one because it suits ME. Are you just trying to incite something?

hatchkid91
04-06-2009, 09:29 PM
nice

reyes1212
04-06-2009, 09:29 PM
... you're view is simply astounding reyes.

you want him to be a point and click PRO? wow great mentor and teacher you are...

let me guess, you think knowing how to set an iso, a shutter speed and an aperture are hard things? time consuming things? i set all of my values for every shot that i take, i also spot meter, difference meter, use a white card and bracket a lot. it may be time consuming but your camera meter is no more trust worthy than judging distance with 1 eye open.

rebuttal?

you come in here like you are some kind of photo champion and you're basically telling him to not learn anything because it's pointless. it's pretty amusing really.

WTF???
lmao
photo champion?!
lmao
dudeeeee things can be set to be easier and YOU come in here thinking you are a "photo champion" yourself?
lol
e-thugging doesn't scare me. You shoot how you can and like as I do, criticism is much obliged when something is presented and I didn't even gear anything bad towards you.

Try out kenrockwell.com, man.
Regurgitating what you read is what most people do on this subject anyways, homie.:wave1:

bryantiscool
04-06-2009, 09:34 PM
whoa whoa whoa guys.
calm down!
No need for fighting in the thread.

reyes1212
04-06-2009, 09:37 PM
whoa whoa whoa guys.
calm down!
No need for fighting in the thread.

:inlove:

die in a dick fire noob
04-07-2009, 08:49 AM
i'm going to pm reyes cus i don't want to clutter this thread any longer.

bryantiscool
04-07-2009, 10:29 AM
i'm going to pm reyes cus i don't want to clutter this thread any longer.

thank you kind sir.

die in a dick fire noob
04-07-2009, 10:50 AM
fer shizzle dizzle!

take some more shoe shots!... you should do my shoes lol, i just got some nike air flight light's in HIGH... so mean! :)

bryantiscool
04-07-2009, 10:59 AM
fer shizzle dizzle!

take some more shoe shots!... you should do my shoes lol, i just got some nike air flight light's in HIGH... so mean! :)

lol I should be having some new things to shoot in the near future
:)

chinabean
04-07-2009, 01:45 PM
looks cute babygirl =]

Nedaaaah
04-08-2009, 11:56 AM
nice pics 6 7 and 8 are my favorite! they look very dramatic kind of like an ad campaign. the other ones look over exposed. nice shots though

nugey1001
04-13-2009, 10:37 AM
nice pics man.
lets just keep this thread clean.
none of this :argue:

Jason.AZ1
04-13-2009, 10:37 AM
:thumbsup:

reyes1212
04-13-2009, 05:31 PM
nice pics man.
lets just keep this thread clean.