PDA

View Full Version : sterio too hot

trusohc
04-06-2009, 09:56 PM
i had my sterio before connected to the battery becaue all of the sterio wiring was too shoet to work with and then i anted a cleaner looking battery so i went ahead connected the power to a fuse instead well over time it melted the inside of the sterio and now i put a new one on thats connected to the battery instead of the fuse and the new one gets extremly hot. any help?

comptonasskerry
04-07-2009, 02:30 AM
i had my sterio before connected to the battery becaue all of the sterio wiring was too shoet to work with and then i anted a cleaner looking battery so i went ahead connected the power to a fuse instead well over time it melted the inside of the sterio and now i put a new one on thats connected to the battery instead of the fuse and the new one gets extremly hot. any help?

go buy the stock wiring harness from anywhere that sells cd players and put it in correctly. is this a real fuckin question?

trusohc
04-07-2009, 09:54 AM
well the guy that sold me the car fucked up the wiring so bad that for some reason its too short i mean its up near the cluster so my oly choice is that i gota rewire it my self

bumpstick
04-07-2009, 10:10 AM
so you used a fuse and melted the inside of your stereo and that didn't raise any suspicions in your head? so you got rid of the fuse and hooked your new stereo straight to the battery? for your own sake, stop working on your car and go pay somebody to unfuck your wiring

Rufus
04-07-2009, 10:15 AM
Ya that's a fire hazard, which is dangerous as most of you on this site only have liability I'm sure.

trusohc
04-07-2009, 12:37 PM
yea thats just what ima do because its just too fucked up like idk what the guy was doing but he left just the tips so nothing is left to work with

comptonasskerry
04-07-2009, 05:02 PM
so you used a fuse and melted the inside of your stereo and that didn't raise any suspicions in your head? so you got rid of the fuse and hooked your new stereo straight to the battery? for your own sake, stop working on your car and go pay somebody to unfuck your wiring

thats wut im sayin

Ya that's a fire hazard, which is dangerous as most of you on this site only have liability I'm sure.

dick

yea thats just what ima do because its just too fucked up like idk what the guy was doing but he left just the tips so nothing is left to work with

wow man ill wire it for 70 bucks if its that fucked. ill be in az this weekend

LS-S DA9
04-07-2009, 06:56 PM
thats wut im sayin

dick

wow man ill wire it for 70 bucks if its that fucked. ill be in az this weekend

take me with you lol

Stock?
04-08-2009, 11:58 AM
probably a bad ground or even a bad/grounded out speaker
has nothing to do with where you got your power from

2fnfast
04-08-2009, 08:04 PM
mine wiring is too short so i take my center console out and wiring it that way

BlownspeakerBoX
04-10-2009, 01:03 AM
my girlfriend could probally fix this for you

CTRGirl
04-11-2009, 05:34 PM
my girlfriend could probally fix this for you

Burn! Ya this isn't terrible complicated to fix.

tokico
08-09-2009, 07:21 PM
use a fuse so you don't start a fire.