PDA

View Full Version : Locking inactive threads??

nosfedb18
04-12-2009, 12:43 PM
I know many threads on AZHT are stored indefinately, but should "inactive" threads be locked by a Mod? I always love signing on and having to sift through all the old threads when a newb signs on and stacks onto the posts to up his/ her count. AZHT, can there be an expiration period or lock period, maybe 45 days, for old "inactive" threads?

Rufus
04-12-2009, 12:57 PM
I dunno if vbulletin supports this

RUBBER FIST
07-17-2010, 06:30 PM
how can you lock them up your self?? hellp tks

VTECin5th
07-17-2010, 10:39 PM
I know many threads on AZHT are stored indefinately, but should "inactive" threads be locked by a Mod? I always love signing on and having to sift through all the old threads when a newb signs on and stacks onto the posts to up his/ her count. AZHT, can there be an expiration period or lock period, maybe 45 days, for old "inactive" threads?
I saw this done on another forum and it was terrible actually. Noobs were making new threads with the EXACT same stuff as the original poster had said, for 1) post count. 2) to sound like they knew what they were talking about. 3) become known/respected.
It didn't work at all, in fact, the board admin wishes he hadn't done it. I also saw Hondaswap.com change over to a notice.
All posts over 90 days old would notify you during a reply. "You sure you want to reply to this thread? It is over 90 days old" and THAT worked a lot better.
I dunno if vbulletin supports this
It CAN.
how can you lock them up your self?? hellp tks
Or double click the envelope next to the thread on the left side until you see a small lock icon.
(Some/most subforums don't allow user control though)

Also, the irony of what happened here is excellent. A revived thread from 2009. Win.

Daddy_Digital
07-18-2010, 05:56 PM
i think the only threads a user can close them selfs is a WTB/WTT/FS thread. i just tried to close a thread the ways VTECin5th said..didnt work for me.