PDA

View Full Version : good foods

shiftedEG9
04-12-2009, 03:59 PM
i know dieting is the main key to losing weight and building mussle! i learned that the hard way, i was workin out all the time but i was eating burger king, taco bell n shit. i was getting mussle but i was also getting a belly. i got put on the over weight program for a month here. im in the army and there pretty strick on weight.

So, im askin, does any one have any advice on dieting or know any good links to learn more. i dont know exactly what kind of foods to eat, i mainly make a turkey & cheese wrap after PT, i drink a protien shake while im at work, some kind of fruit for lunch, and another protein shake and a good subway sub after work. ive benn keeping this for a lil more than 2 weeks but iut getting old now. im out here in japan and on im on an Air Force Base and all they have at the food court is fast food: taco bell, pizza, manchu wok, charlies, A&W, and subway. i hate going they, but im not sure what stuff to buy at the Commissary to make my own heathy snacks and meals. im not a complete noob on this. i pretty much know what not to eat, but find good stuff to eat is hard out here. also im taking No Explode and Whey Protien

basically, what do all you guys buy, make, eat? how much do you eat? what suplements do you take? any info would be helpful. Thanks!

BigJsaid
04-12-2009, 04:33 PM
5 small meals a day....

i do:::
wake upp-half serving on protein shake+1 banana+1 cup organic oatmeal
+2hrs
1 cup trail mix+bagel with jam
+2hrs
lunch-seasoned chicken breast with broccoli+whole milk
+2hrs
yogurt+granola+apple
+1hr
salmon filet with carrots
+2hrs
the other half of the wake up shake^
+3hrs
dinner-lentil beans and brown rice with chopped up turkey

u wanna look to the earth for supply but dont stay organic.
chicken, turkey, dairy and your body needs fat to lose fat--healthy fats tho- like fish, olive oil, nuts...

u can find a basic diet anywhere on the net....but im not gonna lie...it takes a good bit of money to eat healthy

gschott
04-12-2009, 06:30 PM
P90X, it has the full sha bang, tells u what to eat when to eat, and its a work out program too so stack that on top of PT and then ull be sliming down in no time

shiftedEG9
04-13-2009, 04:01 AM
what is P90X? how do i get it?

gschott
04-13-2009, 02:31 PM
Google P90X, its a workout plan that you do an hour or so that you do everyday and you eat what they tell you to eat, and you see huge results in the 90 days you do, there is a thread in this health part about people starting the p90x and they say they are feeling better and losing weight and or gaining muscle

shiftedEG9
04-13-2009, 04:03 PM
ok thanks ill check it out!

but yeah eating healthy is expensive. i spent like $150 at the cmmissary and i only got a few things.

gschott
04-13-2009, 08:20 PM
damn and the cominssary is suppose to be the cheap place to go to buy food

shiftedEG9
04-14-2009, 07:06 AM
yeah, tell me about it. i paid like $15 for 3 apples! fucking bullshit. I HATE AAFES!

gschott
04-14-2009, 08:56 AM
are you still in japan?

shiftedEG9
04-14-2009, 08:29 PM
yeah man, i have about one more year here. why you ask?

gschott
04-14-2009, 08:52 PM
cuz the apples are so expensive thats why, ive never seen apples for that much, lol itll be alot cheaper when u come into the states

LiLinsane
04-15-2009, 09:15 AM
Fish protien ROCKS!!! it has no saturated fat and tons of protien plus the omega3 is awsome... Go on a Japanese sushi diet! stay away from so much rice focus on the fish, fruits and veggies. Im sure you have alot of intresting veggies to consume out there. I used to eat 2 shakes a day started one for breakfast and a tuna sandwitch for lunch,another shake between lunch and dinner. For dinner I ate a (roasted Chicken 75% / Salmon 20% / Steak 5% of the time), veggies, and a little bit over a table spoon of cooked rice. I slimmed down really quick - had GOBS of energy. Felt like i was vibrating with energy.

Ryan
04-15-2009, 05:27 PM
Natures First Law distributes a ton of educational books for diet, study of the vegetarian human body, and a ton of nutritious rare food supplies, etc. GL

CMS062407
07-03-2009, 01:43 PM
ohhhh I wish i was stationed in japan :(

GL on your weight loss man! just try to find you a buddy to work out with during lunch or after work....

bmxican
07-05-2009, 04:46 AM
grille your chicken/steak/beef/turkey burgers/salmon on a george foreman grille! won't take no more than 10-15 mins! fuck p90x read up on 5x5 lifting program I created a thread about it as well.