PDA

View Full Version : Thinking bout boosting the teg...

turbogs_r
04-25-2009, 02:59 PM
Thinking about keeping the integra and boosting her... i wanna use it as a DD so it must be reliable and a/c a must... nothing to insane but making it fun to drive. So im wondering who or where i can get my motor semi built so i can boost safely... for a decent price .....

Agent Smith
04-25-2009, 03:30 PM
low boost TUNED on a stock motor & you'll be fine.

turbogs_r
04-25-2009, 08:45 PM
low boost TUNED on a stock motor & you'll be fine.

should i get a compression test or anything along those lines?? thanks

Agent Smith
04-25-2009, 09:14 PM
of course compression test the motor first before buying anything, that takes all of 5-10 minutes.

boost will only escalate the rate at which parts fail, so make sure everything is good to go beforehand. Never hurts to do a basic tune up before hand to make sure every thing is a-ok. Spark plugs (bkr7e's if boosting), ngk blue spark plug wires, cap rotor, fuel filter. all basic stuff...

B-series Bob
04-28-2009, 09:02 PM
of course compression test the motor first before buying anything, that takes all of 5-10 minutes.

boost will only escalate the rate at which parts fail, so make sure everything is good to go beforehand. Never hurts to do a basic tune up before hand to make sure every thing is a-ok. Spark plugs (bkr7e's if boosting), ngk blue spark plug wires, cap rotor, fuel filter. all basic stuff...

x2.