PDA

View Full Version : My AP2

azsol
04-27-2009, 11:55 PM
Just picked this up last week! '05 AP2. I know now that I made the right choice, this car is so worth it. Oh, and has the Comptech supercharger kit as well.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3551/3463408358_e446e20250.jpg?v=0
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3611/3462591625_6c44b5a780.jpg?v=0
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3510/3463406928_db880122f0.jpg?v=0
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2232/3532079322_c4bbe99e09.jpg?v=0
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3351/3531264465_b968718988.jpg?v=0

Daddy_Digital
04-28-2009, 12:18 AM
very nice. do u plan on seeing what it runs on the dyno? what plans do u have for it?

BBSick
04-28-2009, 03:10 AM
So sick, dobbs Honda has one similar in Tucson but wanted something outrageous like 50k cause it's had wheels bolt ons and a blower all factory installed! Nice car and welcome to club

azsol
04-28-2009, 09:25 AM
Thanks all, I'd love to get it dynoed and proceed with tuning. I've heard a few sweet exhausts and think that may be next. Although, I really really want a hardtop.

GunnRulF
04-28-2009, 11:11 AM
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

BBSick
04-29-2009, 02:46 AM
Hks sounds good but is proven to lose power maybe only on stock cars but that's never a good sign. That blower needs to breathe I would look into a single 70mm. But if you must have dual I would say T1R, toda, or j's

iApex
04-29-2009, 02:00 PM
The Legalis would be better for FI, but Iwould like to see some dynos that say the HKS robs power. plus HkS is about 800 new while some of the ones you mentioned are 1400-1600.

EG GIRL
04-29-2009, 02:09 PM
Why do you have AP1 seats? Looks flawless regardless! I actually prefer the look of the AP1's.

Kinetic
04-29-2009, 03:20 PM
keep the forsale out of this section please.....

AND BTW the HKS doesn't make power on the S2k......sorry....sounds good..but thats it

Not sure about the Fujitsubo

THe invidia is waaaay toooo loud....beeen there done that

For a SC car I would do 70mm single Greddy..make power on a NA car and the piping is sufficienct for FI apps
and its inexpensive

iApex
04-29-2009, 03:52 PM
keep the forsale out of this section please.....

AND BTW the HKS doesn't make power on the S2k......sorry....sounds good..but thats it

Not sure about the Fujitsubo

THe invidia is waaaay toooo loud....beeen there done that

For a SC car I would do 70mm single Greddy..make power on a NA car and the piping is sufficienct for FI apps
and its inexpensive

Dyno's? Link to a thread that shows some sort of evidence that the Hks rob's power? While I don't know if it does or not, I find it hard to believe a company that has invested millions of dollars in R&D would put out an exhaust that robbed horsepower. Not trying to start a fire, but learned along time ago not to believe anything without proof.

I personally have the T1R 70-RT, and if you have the money I would suggest that or the J's 70 RR.

P.S sorry for the for sale post, i should've just sent a pm.

Kinetic
04-29-2009, 04:53 PM
Dyno's? Link to a thread that shows some sort of evidence that the Hks rob's power? While I don't know if it does or not, I find it hard to believe a company that has invested millions of dollars in R&D would put out an exhaust that robbed horsepower. Not trying to start a fire, but learned along time ago not to believe anything without proof.

I personally have the T1R 70-RT, and if you have the money I would suggest that or the J's 70 RR.

UMS does all the dyno tuning for Science of Speed..... the HKS doesn't do anything... I have seen their HKS equipped AP2 with SC make the same power as one without it.....
the piping is just too small....sounds great..but doesn't make power

I agree with you in not understanding why they would build something that doesn't make power, but......

to the OP

contact UMS Tuning about your baseline

iApex
04-29-2009, 06:22 PM
UMS does all the dyno tuning for Science of Speed..... the HKS doesn't do anything... I have seen their HKS equipped AP2 with SC make the same power as one without it.....
the piping is just too small....sounds great..but doesn't make power

I agree with you in not understanding why they would build something that doesn't make power, but......

to the OP

:thumbup: I might just swap a stock exhaust back on my car run it, and then put the HKS on and run just to see if it's true. For the money though the HKS is a very good choice if you want to stay dual...

azsol
04-29-2009, 09:18 PM
Why do you have AP1 seats? Looks flawless regardless! I actually prefer the look of the AP1's.

seats were there when I got it. Didn't know there was a difference. I'll google it.

I saw the T1R 70-RT on Craigslist awhile back, but didn't have the AP2 then. Now I wish I would have picked that up.

to the OP

I think this will be my first step. Need to keep doing my research as I'm still overloading myself with all the available knowledge of these cars.

hatchkid91
04-30-2009, 10:41 AM
nice

GunnRulF
04-30-2009, 10:54 AM
I think this will be my first step. Need to keep doing my research as I'm still overloading myself with all the available knowledge of these cars.

s2ki.com and the search fuction is your best friend... lots of good info on that site.. ive seen your post in the az section.. the general interest section has all the good stuff.

Digi Snax
04-30-2009, 12:18 PM
nice, not fan of the yellow but the car is sexy

BBSick
04-30-2009, 01:15 PM
It's all over s2ki.com that the hks does nothing, piping is too small and flow design is restrictive. A 70mm is your best bet if you want power gains and a nice deep tone, if you are on a budget go with GReddy tic turbo single like someone said earlier. Search on s2ki about any products you are thinking about gettig and see how they work before you buy them.

GunnRulF
04-30-2009, 01:19 PM
It's all over s2ki.com that the hks does nothing, piping is too small and flow design is restrictive. A 70mm is your best bet if you want power gains and a nice deep tone, if you are on a budget go with GReddy tic turbo single like someone said earlier. Search on s2ki about any products you are thinking about gettig and see how they work before you buy them.

x2

Official Exhaust Thread on s2ki (http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=634543) < click it

SiR Mikey
04-30-2009, 02:45 PM
Wow, car looks really clean. Just wait till the old people come up to you at the gas station telling you how cute it is lol.

And I'm running Invidia dual 70mm and absolutely love it. Go to a couple meets and listen to the different exhausts?go for a ride along before you make a decision. I thought the Invidia was going to be headache loud, but it's really not bad.

iApex
04-30-2009, 03:38 PM

I just want to see dyno's... It might not have a very high gain, but I DOUBT robs power compared to a stock exhaust.

GunnRulF
04-30-2009, 03:47 PM
taken from the exhaust thread on s2ki

HKS - $725
This is a dual exhaust system. 60mm piping diameter. Known to be one of the best sounding systems with a deep tone. However, this system has also shown to do nothing in regards to performance, and in some instances there have been recordings of a loss in power.

im sure there is a dyno somewhere.. too many pages to go thru..

iApex
04-30-2009, 04:32 PM
taken from the exhaust thread on s2ki

HKS - $725
This is a dual exhaust system. 60mm piping diameter. Known to be one of the best sounding systems with a deep tone. However, this system has also shown to do nothing in regards to performance, and in some instances there have been recordings of a loss in power.

im sure there is a dyno somewhere.. too many pages to go thru..

That doesn't do it for me... We just might as well drop it, unless someone has a stock exhaust, and is willing to pay for the dyno time.

Or they find dynos of the same car with with a stock exhaust, and then the HKS.

It really makes no difference to me as I run The T1R-70rt, and could care less what the Hks does. Hints why I haven't done any research on it.

I just find it VERY had to believe that a company that has invested millions of dollars in R&D would put out an exhaust that would Rob horsepower. Lets not forget the stock piping design is small too.

I'm not trying to start a argument, just stated my opinion. Plus I don't want to get off on the wrong foot with all the local S2Ker's

GunnRulF
04-30-2009, 04:54 PM
That doesn't do it for me... We just might as well drop it, unless someone has a stock exhaust, and is willing to pay for the dyno time.

Or they find dynos of the same car with with a stock exhaust, and then the HKS.

It really makes no difference to me as I run The T1R-70rt, and could care less what the Hks does. Hints why I haven't done any research on it.

I just find it VERY had to believe that a company that has invested millions of dollars in R&D would put out an exhaust that would Rob horsepower. Lets not forget the stock piping design is small too.

I'm not trying to start a argument, just stated my opinion. Plus I don't want to get off on the wrong foot with all the local S2Ker's

honda did a very good job tuning the S... basic bolt on's dont give much power as opposed to b series or k... Heres a guy that spent $$$ on a full amuse set up.. headers, cat, exhaust only to make ~1 peak HP and ~3lb/ft peak TQ... click me (http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=687834)... the greddy TiC has been proven to make more power and what I think is the best bang for your buck! Poor guy prolly spent over 4k in that exhaust :(... point is, your paying for just a name brand.. a tune would prolly help him out alot, dyno shows w/ out tune

iApex
04-30-2009, 08:27 PM
honda did a very good job tuning the S... basic bolt on's dont give much power as opposed to b series or k... Heres a guy that spent $$$ on a full amuse set up.. headers, cat, exhaust only to make ~1 peak HP and ~3lb/ft peak TQ... click me (http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=687834)... the greddy TiC has been proven to make more power and what I think is the best bang for your buck! Poor guy prolly spent over 4k in that exhaust :(... point is, your paying for just a name brand.. a tune would prolly help him out alot, dyno shows w/ out tune

I don't see what that has to do with the conversation which is you claim that the Hks robs HP.

Plus we both know there are exhaust set ups out there that show much higher gains then those in that link you posted...and can be had for under 3K..

And you're not ALWAYS just paying for a brand name. That would be like saying all products are the same... Which is not true, as some products are better then others and USUALLY those products are more expensive. Most of the time you get what you pay for...

Dead Bird
04-30-2009, 10:32 PM
Pics of the supercharger???

azeg6ster
04-30-2009, 11:45 PM
Hey man! saw you the other night when i was leaving the d backs game. I was in the silver ap1. Your shits clean bro!
But ya x2 on the supercharger pics.

azeg6ster
04-30-2009, 11:46 PM
Oh and im in tempe about 4 nights a week...shoot me a pm if you want to go for a cruise dawg.

azsol
05-01-2009, 10:19 AM
Hey man! saw you the other night when i was leaving the d backs game. I was in the silver ap1. Your shits clean bro!
But ya x2 on the supercharger pics.

Oh and im in tempe about 4 nights a week...shoot me a pm if you want to go for a cruise dawg.

Heading up to Prescott for a Marathon this weekend, but will get some pics after I return. Probably hit up the drive to Jerome on Sunday afternoon from there. Top down happiness.

I'm down for some local cruising though. Want to try and meet up with the local S2K'rs, lol.

LBP AP2
05-03-2009, 07:51 PM
congrats on the pickup! watch out for your seats, steering wheel! lucky sc.... come out to the az westside monday s2ki meets, get on s2ki, much better than this ish

azsol
05-15-2009, 11:08 AM
New pics of supercharger up

GunnRulF
05-15-2009, 11:11 AM
dope :thumbsup:

Erica
06-10-2009, 01:54 PM
Very clean! Wish mine still looked the same as when i firs got it!

jp8AP1
06-10-2009, 06:39 PM
join S2ki.com and we do a meet & greet every wednesday by boba tea house on the NE corner of dobson and warner @ 8ish

azsol
06-14-2009, 02:47 AM
join S2ki.com and we do a meet & greet every wednesday by boba tea house on the NE corner of dobson and warner @ 8ish

Already have (same username). If I'm ever not working, that's really close to my house and I'll be there

DJ Hookid
06-14-2009, 03:18 AM
Sick S/C. Im going the same route with my BB6 but mines a roots s/c.

fivesfe
06-14-2009, 03:59 AM
just curious...how much you pick it up for? I would love to have one.

azsol
06-14-2009, 04:45 PM
just curious...how much you pick it up for? I would love to have one.

Got it for 15 grand, but had to drive up to Cottonwood for it. Was a nice drive home though :inlove:

Boosted_EK4
06-16-2009, 04:27 PM
OMG!!!! so sexy man. I want a S2K so bad but ill just get raped on insurance :(