PDA

View Full Version : Gauging Interest - Photo Meet

The President
04-28-2009, 01:25 PM
Any of you guys down to meet up?

Maybe something like, everyone brings a car too shoot and we have a big free for all.

I think it'd be cool. You'd get to check out everyones equipment and see what works for them and maybe even learn a few new techniques, and we'd get to see different styles on the same subjects when the pics are posted.

If I feel there is enough interest I'll set a date, time, and schedule a few more details.

EDIT:

Date will be on the 23rd at 7PM.
Still deciding on where to meet. PM me if you've got some ideas

SlowLS
04-28-2009, 02:09 PM
id be down.

I'd rather more of a Photo hike, where we would all drive up to northern az maybe north of payson up by the waterfall and take some nice landscape photography

reyes1212
04-28-2009, 02:45 PM
Good ideas, just where would any of this go down.

TYC
04-28-2009, 02:48 PM
I'm down! Let me know what the date is.......dame, I'm 9hrs away. Oh well, count me out.

The President
04-28-2009, 02:49 PM
Somewhere in the Phoenix Area. Like I said, I don't have all teh details so I'm just agauging interest to see if it's even worth my time toput this event together.

EDIT: holy fucking typo!

theAngryMarmot
04-28-2009, 02:55 PM
depending on when/where I may be interested lol.

bryantiscool
04-28-2009, 03:09 PM
interested but yeah, time and date and location would be dope.

Rufus
04-28-2009, 03:21 PM
Cool by me.

Nedaaaah
04-28-2009, 06:18 PM
if its in norther az before next week im down after that if its in phoenix im down...regardless id be down with a set location/time cause i want to learn as much as i can

riceboy88
04-28-2009, 06:39 PM
down also but my car is not photo worthy

24/7VTEC!!!!
04-28-2009, 06:42 PM
are digi cameras allowed

The President
04-28-2009, 09:10 PM
if its in norther az before next week im down after that if its in phoenix im down...regardless id be down with a set location/time cause i want to learn as much as i can

I'll schedule it about 3 weeks out and the location will be somewhere in Phx. I'm almost thinking downtown Glendale.

down also but my car is not photo worthy

bring womenz lol. I won't have my vehicle there, well I will but it's a truck and 100% stock so I'm probably just going to snag a friend and have them come with.

are digi cameras allowed

I would prefer to limit it to (d)slr's only or people that are interested in photography and looking to learn more about it/get into it.

ALSO, IF I FIND OUT THAT ANYONE ENDS UP "LOSING" EQUIPMENT I WILL PERSONALLY PUMMLE THE ACCUSED! If you do not have equipment please be respectful of others and PLEASE watch where you're walking. The last thing we need is to have someone run into a tripod and smash a very expensive dslr (ask me why I make this point lol).

riceboy88
04-28-2009, 09:13 PM
bring womenz lol.

i can but i dont think they feel right with bunch of guys taking pics of them haha

The President
04-28-2009, 09:28 PM
hahah I know what you mean. I personally wouldn't take any pics with them b/c I suck at working with models. I don't know what looks good or how to tell them to pose and that kind of shit.

riceboy88
04-28-2009, 09:47 PM
hahah I know what you mean. I personally wouldn't take any pics with them b/c I suck at working with models. I don't know what looks good or how to tell them to pose and that kind of shit.

x2

or they are to camera shy

theAngryMarmot
04-29-2009, 01:31 PM
"I would prefer to limit it to (d)slr's only or people that are interested in photography and looking to learn more about it/get into it"

well I am bringing my camera! its not a DSLR but it's pics speak for itself ;)

"ALSO, IF I FIND OUT THAT ANYONE ENDS UP "LOSING" EQUIPMENT I WILL PERSONALLY PUMMLE THE ACCUSED"

and I will kick them while they are down ;)

taggart_lumpy
04-29-2009, 01:43 PM
im down

hopefully i have my new lens by then

The President
04-29-2009, 07:23 PM
"I would prefer to limit it to (d)slr's only or people that are interested in photography and looking to learn more about it/get into it"

well I am bringing my camera! its not a DSLR but it's pics speak for itself ;)

"ALSO, IF I FIND OUT THAT ANYONE ENDS UP "LOSING" EQUIPMENT I WILL PERSONALLY PUMMLE THE ACCUSED"

and I will kick them while they are down ;)

Well, some point and shoots are coming up in a very big way. My boss has a point and shoot that has macro and is fully adjustable. but, he also spent as much as he would on a DSLR for that.
Either way, you're more than welcome that statement is more just to keep the fan boys away. Also, I've seen some of the cars you work on so you'd better bring some hot shit out hahaha.

im down

hopefully i have my new lens by then

wurd!

I'll start planning and post up tomorrow the when/where.

Lilrob
04-29-2009, 07:33 PM
ide be down. wanna learn more into photography

The President
04-30-2009, 05:06 PM
Changed up top!

Date will be on the 23rd at 7PM.
Still deciding on where to meet. PM me if you've got some ideas

theAngryMarmot
04-30-2009, 06:28 PM
well I am out, cruisin on main is that night, and I have a bunch of cars going with me