PDA

View Full Version : Going to San Diego

Jstarda9
05-06-2009, 11:16 AM
I know a lot of you all are from there so I have a few questions... Just trying to find out some good spots to eat at...I haven't been there in like 4 years so I don't remember much out there

I am looking for

Seafood
Sushi

Or anything you recommend.

Thanks guys and girls

Digi Snax
05-06-2009, 11:28 AM
yelp.com

GunnRulF
05-06-2009, 11:33 AM
http://www.rockinbaja.com/

Rockin Baja Lobster! Good shit right here!

I suggest one of the baja buckets

Jstarda9
05-06-2009, 11:50 AM
yelp.com

You serious? Nigger I know about this is travel advisor and new times and all the BS... Just want to get some input from you all since all these sites pay people to post positive comments

Looks good thanks

Digi Snax
05-06-2009, 11:58 AM
You serious? Nigger I know about this is travel advisor and new times and all the BS... Just want to get some input from you all since all these sites pay people to post positive comments

true, well In that case take my advise and visit Hash house for some breakfast fun.

http://www.hashhouseagogo.com/

Jstarda9
05-06-2009, 12:01 PM
Thanks

taggart_lumpy
05-06-2009, 01:28 PM
dick's last resort

GunnRulF
05-06-2009, 01:32 PM
^^ is that where everyone is an asshole to you?

Jstarda9
05-06-2009, 01:45 PM
^^ is that where everyone is an asshole to you?

Yeah...I've been there in Vegas

crizzo
05-06-2009, 01:48 PM
that dicks place is lame. i went in vegas too

theres this amazing sushi place in la jolla but i cant remember the name of it. go anywhere in the gaslamp district and you will be happy.

GunnRulF
05-06-2009, 01:49 PM
Same here, went to the one in vegas. I went in there not expecting anything like that.. I was wondering why service was shitty and our server was being a bitch.. My girl told me "thats how it is here".. Honestly didnt like the place and prolly wont go back.. Spending my money at your resturant so you can be an ass to me? :crazy:

crizzo
05-06-2009, 01:59 PM
we knew thats how it was when we went there, but it was all just so fake like a big play. it really wasnt funny or cool at all. just extremely lame.

GunnRulF
05-06-2009, 02:01 PM
food sucked too... place is garbo :thumbsdown:

nolongervtec
05-06-2009, 02:14 PM
go to san pedro just a few mins away

they have the best seafood ever at the pier

tegswin
05-06-2009, 02:16 PM
Anthonies (the non fast food side) but there are a couple.
Point Loma seafood for somewhat quicker less quality food - they're basically a fish market but will cook food too.

emgee420
05-06-2009, 07:11 PM
Anthonies (the non fast food side)
what he said...i usually go to the one on the bay by the cruise ship terminal every time im in sd
ill be there next thursday to sunday...cant wait
old town mexican cafe is pretty good too

BlownspeakerBoX
05-06-2009, 07:24 PM
Anthonies (the non fast food side) but there are a couple.
Point Loma seafood for somewhat quicker less quality food - they're basically a fish market but will cook food too.

anthonys x200 for sea food

Built By Notorious
05-06-2009, 07:25 PM
Todai for Sushi all day long... Pt. Loma Seafood for Clam Chowder... El Azteca in La Mesa for the bombest B Fast Burro you ever had in 2 meals it's sooo big... I miss Dayg0 food, I still eat certain places every time I go back back. And I have been gone since 99-00.

95CIVICex
05-06-2009, 07:28 PM
The Wave House in Bellmont Park, Mission Beach. haven't ate there but it's a damn good place 2 drink @.

The Fish House by the USS Midway museum was pretty good last time i ate there.

Built By Notorious
05-06-2009, 07:30 PM
94th Aero Squadren for brunch... mmmm

crizzo
05-06-2009, 07:30 PM
i cant stand mission beach. thats the beach for the tools lol

TurboElementsKevin
05-06-2009, 07:38 PM

yes this place is the shit!!

95CIVICex
05-06-2009, 07:45 PM
i cant stand mission beach. thats the beach for the tools lol

better than the snotty tools & expensive ass drinks downtown.

PB & MB > Downtown

OhDang
05-06-2009, 08:01 PM
Todai for Sushi all day long... Pt. Loma Seafood for Clam Chowder... El Azteca in La Mesa for the bombest B Fast Burro you ever had in 2 meals it's sooo big... I miss Dayg0 food, I still eat certain places every time I go back back. And I have been gone since 99-00.

I hate todai personally since its made before you order

Built By Notorious
05-06-2009, 08:03 PM
^Trippin it is dayum good... like 150 different kinds... And free on your berfday lol

crizzo
05-06-2009, 08:07 PM
better than the snotty tools & expensive ass drinks downtown.

PB & MB > Downtown

true, but i mean like pacific beach is better.

95CIVICex
05-06-2009, 08:13 PM
true, but i mean like pacific beach is better.

yeah, there's alot more places in walking distance to hit up in PB.
...we usually start off @ Millers, then work our way down & back.

crizzo
05-06-2009, 08:19 PM
i almost killed myself longboarding in la jolla lol. i was carving down this huuuuuuuugggge hill and hit a pothole, my board came to a complete stop and my feet slid onto cement and it was standing up just sliding untill i started to tuck and roll haha.

theres some show called "Fashion House" or something like that, and the intro to the show uses my family friends baller ass house. they just knocked on their door one day and said they would pay them if they could use their house for the opening scene. its a crazy place haha.

topramn
05-07-2009, 02:06 PM
Rockin Baja is a great place to hit up. I went there back in november and had a good time. Dicks Last Resort is a place for the older crowd from what I remember. My mom and her friends are pretty frequent in that place and since I am getting closer to being 30 years old as each day passes, I would say that might be out of the range of what you are looking for.

Jstarda9
05-07-2009, 02:08 PM
^^Gracias mija

bukEk
05-08-2009, 06:05 AM
go to a local taco shop in daygo and ask for "carne asada fries" there the shit...

topramn
05-08-2009, 07:45 AM
go to a local taco shop in daygo and ask for "carne asada fries" there the shit...

eh no. they are definitely not what they used to be 10 years ago. sorry. if for some reason you are looking for a taco shop, i highly recommend taco fiesta. there is a few scattered around so google that shit while you are there.

^^Gracias mija

when you going? i will be there late saturday and sunday. red bull air races are gonna be going down.

ArsonALL
05-08-2009, 08:15 AM
I don't remember any good spots either but San Diego is hella coo

Jstarda9
05-08-2009, 09:56 AM
eh no. they are definitely not what they used to be 10 years ago. sorry. if for some reason you are looking for a taco shop, i highly recommend taco fiesta. there is a few scattered around so google that shit while you are there.

when you going? i will be there late saturday and sunday. red bull air races are gonna be going down.

Really? I am leaving here in a bit and coming back monday...

topramn
05-08-2009, 12:20 PM
yeah man. leaving around 230. gotta take my moms car back to her. mine got stolen last time i was out there. luckily it was found about 15 hours after i got back to phoenix and still in one piece. i drove back the next day to get it out of impound and secured it in a friends garage since i didnt have a way to get my car along with my moms car from LA to SD. so this weekend I will be taking care of everything and bringing my piece back on sunday night.

Jstarda9
05-08-2009, 01:49 PM
yeah man. leaving around 230. gotta take my moms car back to her. mine got stolen last time i was out there. luckily it was found about 15 hours after i got back to phoenix and still in one piece. i drove back the next day to get it out of impound and secured it in a friends garage since i didnt have a way to get my car along with my moms car from LA to SD. so this weekend I will be taking care of everything and bringing my piece back on sunday night.

Was it the time you were going to CA when I saw you at QT?

krazyblurtz
05-08-2009, 04:01 PM
Don't over look this, my gf dragged me into to it cause I didnt want to go to bars after spending all my dough at the sanbar on mission beach.
But serious..check out Atmosphere, where you are in downtown san diego on the 22nd floor top of the mariott hotel, 20 feet away from the dodgers stadium and the ocean view. It's an amazing place to chill have a cigar and drink a beer while feeling king of the castle.

Just go as soon as they open (5 I believe) and nobody will be up there and the expensive drinks are half priced happy hour.

From now on, I must go there to complete my san diego vacations.
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y135/krazyblurtz/187.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y135/krazyblurtz/338.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y135/krazyblurtz/340.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y135/krazyblurtz/341.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y135/krazyblurtz/329.jpg
If you go to their website, it's seems very upscale and snobby but its casual dress.

GunnRulF
05-08-2009, 04:33 PM
Thats Padres Stadium Foo!

Petco Park

Digi Snax
05-08-2009, 04:45 PM
where you are in downtown san diego on the 22nd floor top of the mariott hotel, 20 feet away from the dodgers stadium and the ocean view. It's an amazing place to chill have a cigar and drink a beer while feeling king of the castle.

= fail

krazyblurtz
05-08-2009, 05:06 PM
Not that big of a fail, since baseball sucks and I only watch MMA.
I was focusing on uploading pics, somehow thinking of the chargers I wrote dodgers .

smoovy
05-08-2009, 06:23 PM
was just in san diego for my B-Day a couple weeks ago. there's a few places I remember out there that were good. Tacos El Gordo(chula Vista and Nation city), Wings-N-Things( all over SD, try there extra HOT, there awsome with the breadsticks). those were my favorites along with Imperial Seafod Market(fresh fish or whatever seafood and by far the best in SD. not too appealing outside because these are in rough area's but the food is awsome. National City, and East Daygo) and tommy's burgers on clairmont mesa BLVD.. also Saturdays they have H-T meets near Qualcom stadium, Ikea parking lot. @ 8PM.

Also check out this place called Fusion on clairmont mesa BLVD. it's like a starbucks but 1000X better and the locals are always there.

topramn
05-09-2009, 11:53 PM
Was it the time you were going to CA when I saw you at QT?

naw man.. just got took 2 weeks ago.. bringing it home tomorrow.. minor damage to it but its in one piece..