PDA

View Full Version : New best!

GOTTRQ?
05-30-2009, 12:33 AM
Drove up to Firebird tonight, and got a best of 11.51 @ 120.00 with a 1.63 sixty foot. I'm pretty happy with it. I was hoping to get kicked out for running 11.49 or better, but 11.51 will do. :grin:

crizzo
05-30-2009, 12:56 AM
was that in the 5.0 in your avvy?

GOTTRQ?
05-30-2009, 01:23 AM
Yeah. :)

crizzo
05-30-2009, 01:29 AM
nice man, those are the only mustangs i really like. took a ride in a friends-friends and he spun the tires all the way through 3rd

GOTTRQ?
05-30-2009, 01:32 AM
Nice. They tend to do that with gears, and a 5 speed. Stock suspension sucks. My car right now won't spin in 3rd on street tires. It hooks like hell in third. lol. I like it. It's nice on slicks too. 6000 rpm dumps. :grin:

92IntegraGS
05-30-2009, 01:32 AM
Im kinda curious if you just post this on a honda site cause that's quick among most hondas but that's nothing special at all in the mustang community.

crizzo
05-30-2009, 01:35 AM
Nice. They tend to do that with gears, and a 5 speed. Stock suspension sucks. My car right now won't spin in 3rd on street tires. It hooks like hell in third. lol. I like it. It's nice on slicks too. 6000 rpm dumps. :grin:

haha fuuuuck i would love to be behind the wheel and dumping it at 6000rpms haha.

-and 11.5 is pretty good for a daily driven car. and from the looks of it, it doesnt look like a piece of shit either. i have seen a few terminators DESTROY people though haha

GOTTRQ?
05-30-2009, 01:36 AM
Notice I've been on here for a year and a half, and have nearly 1300 posts. My progress has been posted here for over a year. lol. Do a search.

While my times may not be anything crazy fast, it's not bad for an N/A pump gas car that I drove to Firebird from Tucson, and drove home after making 7 passes in the mid 11's at over 118 mph. Not many N/A street cars running that time. Turbo and blower cars, sure. That doesn't impress me as much. Even if my new best was a 15.5, I would have still posted this thread, and still be happy for doing better than I have before.

that one eg
05-30-2009, 11:05 AM
^ this dudes been here a while...that mustang has earned respect in the 520 honda comunity haha....hey bro mid 11's thats tight keep it up maybe tens next?? haha...you commin out to collective tonight?...........and im sure he is faster than you and ur jelious
Im kinda curious if you just post this on a honda site cause that's quick among most hondas but that's nothing special at all in the mustang community.

ICD
05-30-2009, 01:02 PM
Good to hear the new times congrats. Wat are your next plans

GOTTRQ?
05-30-2009, 01:32 PM
^ this dudes been here a while...that mustang has earned respect in the 520 honda comunity haha....hey bro mid 11's thats tight keep it up maybe tens next?? haha...you commin out to collective tonight?...........and im sure he is faster than you and ur jelious

Haha. Thanks man! I plan on coming out tonight. I need a roll bar before I'm track legal to go any faster. :bananaman:

Good to hear the new times congrats. Wat are your next plans

Thanks man! Roll bar, and a 100 shot is what I would LIKE to do. We'll see if I decide to. Haha.

michalo187
05-30-2009, 02:00 PM

Its quick among any car you douche bag especially like he said, he drove his car to the track about 100 miles away, ran 11s and drove it back home, Fast street cars are more impressive than any gutted tin can, Good time!

GOTTRQ?
05-30-2009, 02:08 PM
Its quick among any car you douche bag especially like he said, he drove his car to the track about 100 miles away, ran 11s and drove it back home, Fast street cars are more impressive than any gutted tin can, Good time!

Thanks man! :)

GOTTRQ?
05-30-2009, 02:08 PM
Vids!!

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj40/90geetee/th_501-3009.jpg (http://s268.photobucket.com/albums/jj40/90geetee/?action=view&current=501-3009.flv)

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj40/90geetee/th_501-3018.jpg (http://s268.photobucket.com/albums/jj40/90geetee/?action=view&current=501-3018.flv)

92IntegraGS
05-30-2009, 02:29 PM

Not really a street time when you're running slicks. Like I said its not that impressive, amp in phx took a shitter capri, but heads, cam, intake and exhaust and had it doing high 11's on motor and high 10's on gas... now that was on radials. So with all the money tied into this fox body it is no where near being anything special.

GOTTRQ?
05-30-2009, 02:37 PM
Not really a street time when you're running slicks. Like I said its not that impressive, amp in phx took a shitter capri, but heads, cam, intake and exhaust and had it doing high 11's on motor and high 10's on gas... now that was on radials. So with all the money tied into this fox body it is no where near being anything special.

Anyone can make a gutted drag car go fast. My car weighs nearly 3400lbs with me in it, and is set up to take turns, more than drag race. That is a HUGE hinderance on getting a good 60' because there is next to no weight transfer. If I were to gut my car, and set it up strictly for drag racing with an auto, it would be a mid 10 second car on pump gas, and N/A. BUT! I like driving my car with the cruise set at 80 mph, and getting 25 mpg. I also like taking it up Mt. Lemmon for a good spirited drive, and be able to hang with my buddies STI. Thanks for bashing though dude. You must know more about these things than I do, because you OBVIOUSLY have far more experience than me. :snookems: :roll:

allbossbra
05-30-2009, 02:50 PM

right........ earn your keep before talking shit dood . ive allways likes 5.0s good times man nice car 11.5 dd street car is moving!

GOTTRQ?
05-30-2009, 02:52 PM
^^ LOL! Thanks man! Much appreciated! :)

michalo187
05-30-2009, 03:15 PM

hahahaha what do you drive Geo Metro?

GOTTRQ?
05-30-2009, 03:19 PM
Like I said before, anyone can build a fast drag car. But a fast street car that will perform in any area of vehicular activities, be it road course, autocross, drag racing, ect, isn't as easy. 92integraGS, if you want to run at the track, I'd be more than happy to shut you up. I'll even run you on street tires.

92IntegraGS
05-30-2009, 03:57 PM
Idk man what if your tranny gives out again? You mommy is gonna be extra mad that she has to buy you a new one... again. But then again she is probably used to it from buying everything on the car.

crizzo
05-30-2009, 03:59 PM
youre making a fool out of yourself

michalo187
05-30-2009, 04:04 PM
Idk man what if your tranny gives out again? You mommy is gonna be extra mad that she has to buy you a new one... again. But then again she is probably used to it from buying everything on the car.

so you went from living in pheonix to 52h0 that quickly? Obviously your just some loser that joined the board to give gottrq shit but in reality your not shit cause he has achieved something and actually gone fast and your just talking shit......where are you videos or your track times? You dont have shit except your mouth.

GOTTRQ?
05-30-2009, 04:53 PM

Ok dude. lol.

RicerAccord
05-30-2009, 04:56 PM
I bet my accord can beat this dudes integra. I have an idea if he really is from tucson why dont he come out on June 19th to sir so I can beat him then gottrq can murder him.

GOTTRQ?
05-30-2009, 04:58 PM
I bet my accord can beat this dudes integra. I have an idea if he really is from tucson why dont he come out on June 19th to sir so I can beat him then gottrq can murder him.

:grin: June 5th is also a Test N' Tune. This could happen sooner.:blunt:

michalo187
05-30-2009, 05:40 PM
hahahahaha right now he is like holy shit how am I going to get my 9 second integra from Forza racing to the real streets...

GOTTRQ?
05-30-2009, 05:49 PM
11.51 pass. Forgot to post it. LOL! The 60' was a 1.63 on this pass, and the launch was about 6400 rpm.

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj40/90geetee/th_501-3021.jpg (http://s268.photobucket.com/albums/jj40/90geetee/?action=view&current=501-3021.flv)

Stealthy
05-30-2009, 06:06 PM
Nice run little buddy. I'm proud of you. Idk what it is with idiot newbs talking shit lately, especially ones that don't know. Fuckin thing about the subject. Go look at my RX7 sale thread, an idiot tried to tell me about swaps, LOL.

Keep it up mang.

GOTTRQ?
05-30-2009, 06:11 PM
Nice run little buddy. I'm proud of you. Idk what it is with idiot newbs talking shit lately, especially ones that don't know. Fuckin thing about the subject. Go look at my RX7 sale thread, an idiot tried to tell me about swaps, LOL.

Keep it up mang.

LOL!! I know it, man.. People can't just be happy for others.. Someone always has to be a fucking cunt, and talk down on other peoples rides. It's fucking retarded. It never fails to amaze me how little respect some people have..

Thanks for the compliment though dood!

JDM Jon
05-30-2009, 06:41 PM

Shit talkers FTL, we have enough on this site as it is.
I hope you get banned, waste of posts.

Agent Smith
05-30-2009, 11:08 PM
nice times & great '60's. I would really like to see this car at an auto-x/road race at FIR & see how it does...

super_civic
05-30-2009, 11:49 PM
Hey man, I am by no means a fan of Mustangs...
But it must be said, your car is impressive sir :thumbsup:

Keep up the good work and good luck in the future.

ICD
05-31-2009, 12:56 AM
6400 launch on slick sounds like fun...next update better be 10s or else:hithead:.lol

that one eg
05-31-2009, 12:58 AM
your car sounded SICk leavin tonight...ima lil jelious haha

michalo187
05-31-2009, 01:56 AM

Fixed up V8s sound sexy especially with a cam and rough idle.

GOTTRQ?
05-31-2009, 03:00 AM
nice times & great '60's. I would really like to see this car at an auto-x/road race at FIR & see how it does...

I would love to road race it! I know I need a different radiator though. Mine is a bit sub-par for prolonged hard driving. It kind of sucks.. It does handle pretty decent though. :)

Hey man, I am by no means a fan of Mustangs...
But it must be said, your car is impressive sir :thumbsup:

Keep up the good work and good luck in the future.

Haha! Thanks a lot! I want to keep going faster and faster! It just sucks that I need a roll bar, fire jacket, and 5 point harness' now to go any faster..

6400 launch on slick sounds like fun...next update better be 10s or else:hithead:.lol

One day it will see 10's!! :bananaman:

Thanks dood!!!

Fixed up V8s sound sexy especially with a cam and rough idle.

Greatest sound on earth, imo. :grin: I fucking LOVE how my car idles!! :)

Big C
05-31-2009, 10:39 PM
1st off, fuck that 92integra guy. After reading 3 of his posts I decided to ban that fucking loser.

2nd, awesome time man! 11.51 is FAST for any street car and that shit deserves respect. Keep it up man. I wish we could have ran in my s13 before I sold it but its all good. A 100 shot will put you deep into the 10s, that would be sick!

GOTTRQ?
05-31-2009, 10:53 PM
1st off, fuck that 92integra guy. After reading 3 of his posts I decided to ban that fucking loser.

2nd, awesome time man! 11.51 is FAST for any street car and that shit deserves respect. Keep it up man. I wish we could have ran in my s13 before I sold it but its all good. A 100 shot will put you deep into the 10s, that would be sick!

Bwahaha!! Justice is served!! I found out who it was too. Thanks for the compliment too!!!! I'll be sure to post up next time I make the trip up, so I can hopefully meet some people there!

I want to spray the thing SOO bad. I need to get all the necessary safety stuff before I can run it on the spray though.. I have no doubt that a 100 shot would probably net me a mid 10 second pass at around 128 mph. I would shit my pants too!! Hahaha!

that one eg
05-31-2009, 11:09 PM
Bwahaha!! Justice is served!! I found out who it was too. Thanks for the compliment too!!!! I'll be sure to post up next time I make the trip up, so I can hopefully meet some people there!

I want to spray the thing SOO bad. I need to get all the necessary safety stuff before I can run it on the spray though.. I have no doubt that a 100 shot would probably net me a mid 10 second pass at around 128 mph. I would shit my pants too!! Hahaha!
just say you think your going to runn mid 12's then make a ten sec pass and call it a night lol

GOTTRQ?
05-31-2009, 11:19 PM
just say you think your going to runn mid 12's then make a ten sec pass and call it a night lol

LOL! I'm pretty sure they know my car already. lol. But, I wouldn't mind giving that a shot! :tongue:

that one eg
05-31-2009, 11:21 PM
LOL! I'm pretty sure they know my car already. lol. But, I wouldn't mind giving that a shot! :tongue:
go to phx? or do they know the car there too??

GOTTRQ?
05-31-2009, 11:23 PM
go to phx? or do they know the car there too??

Well, I'm sure they know it now. It wasn't very busy there, and I made 7 passes in the 11's. I kept asking the guy giving the slips out if I was getting kicked out yet. LOLOL!!:grin:

that one eg
05-31-2009, 11:25 PM
Well, I'm sure they know it now. It wasn't very busy there, and I made 7 passes in the 11's. I kept asking the guy giving the slips out if I was getting kicked out yet. LOLOL!!:grin:
well damn......lets go to old vail walk off a quarter mile and ill stand at the end with a stop watch sound good?:thumbup:

GOTTRQ?
05-31-2009, 11:26 PM
well damn......lets go to old vail walk off a quarter mile and ill stand at the end with a stop watch sound good?:thumbup:

Bwahahaha!! That would suck. That road would kill the shit out of my slicks! :tongue: I might just take it to Firebird again if I decide to spray it. Hell, I might even take it to Firebird again before I spray it. I want to go faster than 11.50 all motor. :clapper:

that one eg
05-31-2009, 11:53 PM
Bwahahaha!! That would suck. That road would kill the shit out of my slicks! :tongue: I might just take it to Firebird again if I decide to spray it. Hell, I might even take it to Firebird again before I spray it. I want to go faster than 11.50 all motor. :clapper:
ill prep it lol..haha well damn bro good luck you going to test n tune june 5th? im trying to get 14.7 outta my b16 beofre i go boost

GOTTRQ?
05-31-2009, 11:57 PM
ill prep it lol..haha well damn bro good luck you going to test n tune june 5th? im trying to get 14.7 outta my b16 beofre i go boost

Yes sir! I plan on going for sure! Maybe we I can sneak you in the car for a pass. I don't know if you'd just need a helmet or something.:thumbup: Not sure they'de even allow it though.. lol.

that one eg
06-01-2009, 12:02 AM
Yes sir! I plan on going for sure! Maybe we I can sneak you in the car for a pass. I don't know if you'd just need a helmet or something.:thumbup: Not sure they'de even allow it though.. lol.
damn that would be SICK! it would make my car feel so slow tho:ballin:..

GOTTRQ?
06-01-2009, 12:26 AM
damn that would be SICK! it would make my car feel so slow tho:ballin:..

LOL! I know the feeling.. I rode in my buddies 94 turbo mustang.. Car trapped 145 mph on 12 psi.... 347 stroker with an 88mm turbo. I went for a ride on 10 psi, and nearly shit my ass out.. It was SICK!!!!!!! :clap:

that one eg
06-01-2009, 12:28 AM
LOL! I know the feeling.. I rode in my buddies 94 turbo mustang.. Car trapped 145 mph on 12 psi.... 347 stroker with an 88mm turbo. I went for a ride on 10 psi, and nearly shit my ass out.. It was SICK!!!!!!! :clap:
damn thats fucking stupid fast... ill never get anywhere close to that...in a civic atleast lol

michalo187
06-01-2009, 12:58 AM
When you spray do you gotta lower you compression any or are you running stock compression? You gonna run a direct port?

GOTTRQ?
06-01-2009, 03:16 AM
When you spray do you gotta lower you compression any or are you running stock compression? You gonna run a direct port?

Nitrous actually loves compression. My motor is 10.3:1 compression. I bet it would wake the fuck up on a 100 shot. lol.

If I do spray, it'll probably just be a plate system behind the throttle body.

michalo187
06-01-2009, 03:20 AM
Nitrous actually loves compression. My motor is 10.3:1 compression. I bet it would wake the fuck up on a 100 shot. lol.

If I do spray, it'll probably just be a plate system behind the throttle body.

shit go to sleep its late....or early depends who your asking..... I am newb with nitrous, Always had turbos on my cars.

Your compression is way lower than I expected you had.....You got built heads on stock block? I never have checked out your mods, i gotta do that.

GOTTRQ?
06-01-2009, 12:12 PM
shit go to sleep its late....or early depends who your asking..... I am newb with nitrous, Always had turbos on my cars.

Your compression is way lower than I expected you had.....You got built heads on stock block? I never have checked out your mods, i gotta do that.

Nah. It's a Dart block 363" (6 liter) stroker. The stock 5.0's are only 9:1 compression. I have CNC ported Twisted Wedge heads on it. Decent size hydraulic roller camshaft, TFS Box-R intake, and I ported the lower manifold. It's a decently mild stroker. I wanted to be able to run 91 octane, and not need anything else. I ran it on 100 octane before, and it actually felt slower.. lol. I won't bitch though! I can go faster on cheaper fuel! :grin::thumbup:

michalo187
06-01-2009, 01:37 PM
Nah. It's a Dart block 363" (6 liter) stroker. The stock 5.0's are only 9:1 compression. I have CNC ported Twisted Wedge heads on it. Decent size hydraulic roller camshaft, TFS Box-R intake, and I ported the lower manifold. It's a decently mild stroker. I wanted to be able to run 91 octane, and not need anything else. I ran it on 100 octane before, and it actually felt slower.. lol. I won't bitch though! I can go faster on cheaper fuel! :grin::thumbup:

Dam thats baller.....I wish I had a dart block for when I was boosted. Good shit man keep up the fast times on your street car thats really cool.

GOTTRQ?
06-01-2009, 01:44 PM
Dam thats baller.....I wish I had a dart block for when I was boosted. Good shit man keep up the fast times on your street car thats really cool.

Thanks dood! I hope to keep going faster! I just need safety equipment now.. lol. :(

honduh_head
06-01-2009, 03:24 PM
Psssh been here since xmas of 07 and only 1300 posts? Still noob status ;)

Jk steve-o

Nice passes.... hope yer ready to get broke off by my stock camaro :-*

The President
06-01-2009, 04:17 PM

damn 363? I thought you were on a 347. can't wait to see what happens on the bottle :-)

RICK's-TOWING
06-01-2009, 10:02 PM
very nice....someone making some real power....sounds really good.

GOTTRQ?
06-02-2009, 02:13 AM
damn 363? I thought you were on a 347. can't wait to see what happens on the bottle :-)

A 363 is the same stroke as a 347, but uses a 4.125" bore, instead of a 4.030" bore. Dart blocks can handle up to a 4.185 bore, so I can still go .060" over if I needed to. :)

I can't wait to see what it does on the spray either!! lol. :grin:

very nice....someone making some real power....sounds really good.

Thanks, man!! :thumbup::grin:

The President
06-02-2009, 02:56 AM
A 363 is the same stroke as a 347, but uses a 4.125" bore, instead of a 4.030" bore. Dart blocks can handle up to a 4.185 bore, so I can still go .060" over if I needed to. :)

you're gonna need lots of bottle to hurt that thing but, that was certainly a good call. At least you've got some "ohh shit" room.

taggart_lumpy
06-02-2009, 03:15 AM
when you going pick up the driver mod?

GOTTRQ?
06-02-2009, 03:20 AM
you're gonna need lots of bottle to hurt that thing but, that was certainly a good call. At least you've got some "ohh shit" room.

Yeah. That was my thought when I bought it. :)

when you going pick up the driver mod?

I hate you... :idiot::rflmao:

taggart_lumpy
06-02-2009, 03:39 AM
oh what the hell you doing up

GOTTRQ?
06-02-2009, 03:44 AM
oh what the hell you doing up

Long story... :smirk:

michalo187
06-02-2009, 10:27 AM

I am starting to learn some v8 stuff :cool:

Did you build your own block? You just a DIY 'er or do you get help from someone?

The President
06-02-2009, 11:46 AM

Did you build your own block? You just a DIY 'er or do you get help from someone?

it's a dart block so I'm going to go out on a limb here and say... no.
major props if you did though!

GOTTRQ?
06-02-2009, 12:01 PM

Nah, Jeff at Townsend's originally built the motor. I was there for almost every step though, so I'm pretty confident that I could build a motor now by myself. I have had the motor/trans/rear end out of the car a few times since the build though..

Due to a machining error, the first gear in my trans ate the roller bearing it rides on, so I got a new first gear, and bearings to fix that for free. lol. While my trans was apart, I had Jeff degree in my new cam, because I don't have a degree wheel.

Then I had the motor out a second time, because I blew a head gasket, and there was milkshake in the intake valley, and valve covers. So I pulled the motor so I could pull the oil pan, and make sure it didn't go all through the bearings, which it didn't! Got lucky there. But I'm always working on the car to change and try little things. It's a never ending project. Haha.

it's a dart block so I'm going to go out on a limb here and say... no.
major props if you did though!

Haha, nah. I probably could build a motor now though, if I ever do another build.

LS-S DA9
06-02-2009, 04:16 PM
damn not here to trash talk first off. ive met gottrq? hes a cool guy. but i sorta thought you be more like 10.9 ot 11 flat!! your car seemed faster (from behind) than my brothers camaro does.. he launches from idle and ran 11.2 with a busted tranny mount lol. but thats good to hear man i wish ya luck at hittin your 10's asap :thumbup:

GOTTRQ?
06-02-2009, 04:27 PM
damn not her to trash talk first off. ive met gottrq? hes a cool guy. but i sorta thought you be more like 10.9 ot 11 flat!! your car seemed faster (from behind) than my brothers camaro does.. he launches from idle and ran 11.2 with a busted tranny mount lol. but thats good to hear man i wish ya luck at hittin your 10's asap :thumbup:

I doubt it'll go into the 10's N/A how it sits. It's pretty much running where it should right now, despite the #8 hole burning oil. lol. I want to change my mass air meter to a bigger one, and I bet it would pick up a couple tenths right there. I just don't want to re-tune the car for it... LOL!

ewok
06-02-2009, 08:51 PM
11's is still pretty fast nice numbers!!

GOTTRQ?
06-03-2009, 01:16 AM
Thanks man! :grin:

DC5FTW
06-03-2009, 08:40 AM
damn nvm. i thought u ran 11.2s something. sometimes i wish my fwd can put 1.6s 60' lol.

GOTTRQ?
06-03-2009, 11:55 AM
damn nvm. i thought u ran 11.2s something. sometimes i wish my fwd can put 1.6s 60' lol.

Haha. It's all good. I have a couple things I want to change that'll make it go a bit faster N/A. If it went high 10's N/A, I would fucking shit myself!!! Hahaha.

DC5FTW
06-03-2009, 12:15 PM
Haha. It's all good. I have a couple things I want to change that'll make it go a bit faster N/A. If it went high 10's N/A, I would fucking shit myself!!! Hahaha.

free thai food if you hit high 10s! :sucker:

GOTTRQ?
06-03-2009, 04:02 PM
free thai food if you hit high 10s! :sucker:

!!!!!

GOTTRQ?
06-03-2009, 10:40 PM
Dude, I keep having cravings for Thai food now... Damn you, Korn... :rflmao:

DC5FTW
06-04-2009, 02:53 PM
Dude, I keep having cravings for Thai food now... Damn you, Korn... :rflmao:

:grin::hello::crazy::sucker::thumbsup:

GOTTRQ?
06-04-2009, 04:17 PM
Hahahahaha.

usdm420
06-04-2009, 05:20 PM
11's are a very nice area to be in....you'll be into the 10's soon enough. Good shit man.

DC5FTW
06-05-2009, 09:24 AM
its really cloudy today...

GOTTRQ?
06-05-2009, 01:47 PM
Yeah.... :ballin: I hope in doesn't rain....

DC5FTW
06-05-2009, 01:51 PM
:poke:you just jinx all of us :boxer::-p:wave1:

GOTTRQ?
06-05-2009, 02:23 PM
...............................Damnit, Korn..................

DC5FTW
06-06-2009, 09:55 AM
...............................Damnit, Korn..................

:smoke: it didnt rain! lol

GOTTRQ?
06-07-2009, 12:42 PM
I know! It was decent night. I need a clutch though... Mine is pretty fucked.. lol.

that one eg
06-07-2009, 02:37 PM
well shit last night clutched seemed to grab pretty hard! i almost shit myself haha

GOTTRQ?
06-07-2009, 02:40 PM
well shit last night clutched seemed to grab pretty hard! i almost shit myself haha

It grabs hard still, but it's starting to catch right off the floor, and is locking me out of gears... It wouldn't even go into 4th at the track Friday night on my last 2 passes. :(

that one eg
06-07-2009, 02:41 PM
damn that sucks ass! oh well time to build it bigger and better now

GOTTRQ?
06-07-2009, 02:51 PM
damn that sucks ass! oh well time to build it bigger and better now

Eh, just time for a new clutch. lol. Spec 3+ here I come. lol.

fivesfe
06-08-2009, 01:49 PM
that spec stage 3 is amazing...

i had one in my dsm, absolutly love it, kinda harsh for street driving at first, but easily learned to deal with it.

when i ended up pulling the motor/trans apart, it had dug grooves in my fidanza flywheel like ive never seen before. They where so deep that the heads of the screws holding the friction surface on where almost gone.

definatly a clutch that can hold some serious power.

GOTTRQ?
06-08-2009, 01:52 PM
Yeah, I'm going with the 3+. It's basically a better version of the 3, but not a stage 4. Haha. It's a full faced sintered iron disc, and a really heavy pressure plate. lol. It's good for 800 ft lbs. I have to get a new friction surface for my Zoom aluminum flywheel too. My Centerforce DFX disc tore it up pretty good. LOL!

95integra
06-08-2009, 06:23 PM
Yeah, I'm going with the 3+. It's basically a better version of the 3, but not a stage 4. Haha. It's a full faced sintered iron disc, and a really heavy pressure plate. lol. It's good for 800 ft lbs. I have to get a new friction surface for my Zoom aluminum flywheel too. My Centerforce DFX disc tore it up pretty good. LOL!

oh yah??? well i got stuck on a 44oz cup today..... your face

cashflow
06-08-2009, 07:49 PM
keep up the good work man
whats your overall plan for the car?

that one eg
06-08-2009, 10:28 PM
Eh, just time for a new clutch. lol. Spec 3+ here I come. lol.
hell yea time for security up grade for me

fivesfe
06-08-2009, 11:16 PM

how long did your centerforce last for?

ive heard a ton of mixed opinions on em, mostly bad.

Im definatly going to a spec on my next build, my stage 3 might of been the +, i dont remember, it was springed & pucked tho.

GOTTRQ?
06-09-2009, 01:08 AM
oh yah??? well i got stuck on a 44oz cup today..... your face

Bwahahahahaha!!! Shut it, Cody!!! You dirty bastard!! :blunt:

keep up the good work man
whats your overall plan for the car?

Well, I would ultimately like a 10 second slip, and still be daily driveable. It might take some time, but it's doable. lol.

how long did your centerforce last for?

ive heard a ton of mixed opinions on em, mostly bad.

Im definatly going to a spec on my next build, my stage 3 might of been the +, i dont remember, it was springed & pucked tho.

It actually was a really good clutch. I loved it. It lasted me the 10,400+ miles I have on the new motor already, and the 60-70 passes the car has made down the track. I really can't complain.. lol. I've heard a lot of good things about the clutch I'm ordering too, so we'll see how I like it I guess. :)

ashtonsturboser
06-09-2009, 06:56 AM
Bwahahahahaha!!! Shut it, Cody!!! You dirty bastard!! :blunt:

Well, I would ultimately like a 10 second slip, and still be daily driveable. It might take some time, but it's doable. lol.

It actually was a really good clutch. I loved it. It lasted me the 10,400+ miles I have on the new motor already, and the 60-70 passes the car has made down the track. I really can't complain.. lol. I've heard a lot of good things about the clutch I'm ordering too, so we'll see how I like it I guess. :)

i think its very possible, your not that far off. Couple other mods and you could be right there with the right traction. I have seen some 5.0's with a good rear diff and lsd pull some crazy low 60''s 1.4-1.5 range is doable that right there would put you at the 11.1 range, your trap speed is already right there for a 10 second pass, Its gonna come down to the launch and maybe a couple other boltons.

I love having a 10 second daily driver. Its funny that i can pull up to a new 600 or 750 crotch rocket, smoke them bad from a roll and still just daily drive the car to work and get 30+ mpg on the way to work 60+ miles round trip. haha Its a blast. The car is very streetable and makes rediculous power and still gets crazy mpg and once i do a good partial throttle tune on it i should be getting close to 40mpg highway. Right now my a/f cruising jumps between 12.5-13.5:1 it should be 14.5-15.0:1 for the best gas milage. Thats an easy adjusment once i get my realtime ecu. haha

GOTTRQ?
06-09-2009, 08:15 PM
That's pretty sick. Haha. Right now a 600 with a good rider is a good race for me. They trap in the high teens to low 120's here in Tucson. Not bad for an N/A pump gas car. lol. But yeah, right now I'm cutting mid 1.6 sixty foots. And 5.0's come stock with lsd. ;) My rearend is built too though. So, I shouldn't have any issues for awhile. lol. I have a few things that are holding my car back right now. Like the tiny 75mm throttle body. The 76mm mass air meter. The heads are decently small for my displacement. I could change to a 90mm TB, 95mm MAF, and 205cc heads, instead of my 185cc heads, and pick up in the area of 50-60 whp, and still be very streetable. That right there would get me into the low 11's here in Tucson, and still on 91 octane. :)

DC5FTW
06-10-2009, 09:17 AM
love your quote last night...."I cant flintstone my car.." lolol

honduh_head
06-10-2009, 10:05 PM
That's pretty sick. Haha. Right now a 600 with a good rider is a good race for me. They trap in the high teens to low 120's here in Tucson. Not bad for an N/A pump gas car. lol. But yeah, right now I'm cutting mid 1.6 sixty foots. And 5.0's come stock with lsd. ;) My rearend is built too though. So, I shouldn't have any issues for awhile. lol. I have a few things that are holding my car back right now. Like the tiny 75mm throttle body. The 76mm mass air meter. The heads are decently small for my displacement. I could change to a 90mm TB, 95mm MAF, and 205cc heads, instead of my 185cc heads, and pick up in the area of 50-60 whp, and still be very streetable. That right there would get me into the low 11's here in Tucson, and still on 91 octane. :)

then do it you vag!!!

:inlove:

GOTTRQ?
06-11-2009, 09:06 AM
then do it you vag!!!

:inlove:

It takes time, young grasshoppa!! :crazy:

WekSos
06-23-2009, 05:26 PM
Nice job! next to my 02 ws6 i had fox bodys have always been my favorite

1lowtacoma
06-23-2009, 05:35 PM
just put a little nitrous on it still keeps it street able lol

churchyegvtec
07-16-2009, 04:25 PM
showing some lovve to gottrq you should deff thow squeeeeeze on it pimpin you comin tomarrow night !!!