PDA

View Full Version : NASA nationals

PhoenixR
06-09-2009, 08:45 AM
So is anyone going?

As of right now, I plan to be there. I'll be ordering a diff in a week or so and as soon as I return from Chicago, I will be ripping my car apart. I have been saying that there is a lot of time left in the car and it's time to put my money where my mouth is -- literally. Haha. My to-do list is a little long but then again, it always is. I have some pretty tricky shit planned.

The only thing that could possibly change my plans is the fact that I picked up a class 16 car and will be racing the Baja 1000 this year. Seriously. Haha.

Tony

ILIKETODRIVE
06-09-2009, 09:42 AM
Glad to hear Tony. What diff did you get to replace that worthless viscous unit?

My plan is to do Nationals next year. Budget and time won't allow me this year.

cbaracing
06-09-2009, 10:16 AM
there is going to be a glut of H2 cars this year

we'll see if the east coast guys make the trek to Utah with the economy

fmx_dbc
06-09-2009, 10:56 AM
Ahhh only in my dreams right now...

Kinetic
06-09-2009, 11:37 AM
wavetrac LSD Tony....DO IT

call me either way

fmx_dbc
06-09-2009, 12:03 PM
:thumbsup: for Cusco but I've never run anything else

PhoenixR
06-09-2009, 01:44 PM
i'll most likely be running a quaife. we'll see what i end up with though.

ILIKETODRIVE
06-09-2009, 04:50 PM
wavetrac LSD Tony....DO IT

I was always curious about them. Are they really good or REALLY good? I def want to upgrade my diff in the near future.

i'll most likely be running a quaife. we'll see what i end up with though.

Word. :thumbup:

Tage
06-10-2009, 12:23 AM
I will be there. Not sure what kind of response you'll get from this site. There's a better thread here --> http://forums.nasaaz.com/showthread.php?t=3131&highlight=nationals

P.S. I am not a fan of Quaife's. They are great for the street but aren't any better than ITR units IMO.

PhoenixR
06-10-2009, 07:39 AM
P.S. I am not a fan of Quaife's. They are great for the street but aren't any better than ITR units IMO.

Nothing has been purchased yet -- I just remember having good luck with them in the touring cars. I figured I'd would make it a point to talk to you before I finalized any gearbox decisions. I need to come up with a good box for MMP.

fmx_dbc
06-10-2009, 08:37 AM
When are the nationals? I might have to request my vacation...

topramn
06-10-2009, 09:40 AM
september 10-13, about 40 minutes west of salt lake city.

fmx_dbc
06-10-2009, 10:32 AM
Sweet. That would be a great vacation for me. Even thinking of driving there...

topramn
06-10-2009, 11:23 AM
not a bad drive craig. we did it with a convoy of 3 trucks all pulling trailers with cars and it took like 12-13 hours.

fmx_dbc
06-10-2009, 12:01 PM
I just looked up their home page. I had a feeling, and sure enough its in Tooele, UT. I did a freestyle motocross event there years ago and vaguely remember tons of construction going on. I drove from Phoenix with a few friends and it wasn't bad. I remember seeing A LOT of dead elk on the road though.

PhoenixR
06-10-2009, 02:02 PM
craig -- i'm sure i'll have room in the truck if you want to ride with us. i think we'll be taking the excursion and the 35ft enclosed -- possibly the 25ft enclosed if i can fit everything in there.

fmx_dbc
06-10-2009, 02:10 PM
Yeah that would be cool. I was just thinking I wouldn't want to drive the Crezbola all that way...the noise, 5point harness, all the wear and tear on the vehicle and obvious possible road hazards

BlueTeg
06-11-2009, 10:14 AM
My plan is to do Nationals next year. Budget and time won't allow me this year.

ditto

Tage
09-17-2009, 02:05 PM
I am back from Nationals and starting to get caught back up. MMP is incredible and you guys have got to go next year. The track is incredibly fast and like nothing we have in AZ. The first 4 turns have pretty close to the same average speed as the PIR oval!!! I was actually pretty scared in quite a few places which never happens to me on our home tracks to give you an idea of the pucker factor of this track.

After 3 days of competition, I was in 1st place (by .5 seconds) out of 12 cars in class. On the final day of competition two Corvette Z06's edged me out though. One them by only .038 seconds and the other by a pretty good margin of .5 seconds. :-( Still had a great time and was a good 7 seconds faster than the fastest Honda Challenge car so I was pretty happy overall with the results.

PhoenixR
09-17-2009, 02:42 PM
I am back from Nationals and starting to get caught back up. MMP is incredible and you guys have got to go next year. The track is incredibly fast and like nothing we have in AZ. The first 4 turns have pretty close to the same average speed as the PIR oval!!! I was actually pretty scared in quite a few places which never happens to me on our home tracks to give you an idea of the pucker factor of this track.

After 3 days of competition, I was in 1st place (by .5 seconds) out of 12 cars in class. On the final day of competition two Corvette Z06's edged me out though. One them by only .038 seconds and the other by a pretty good margin of .5 seconds. :-( Still had a great time and was a good 7 seconds faster than the fastest Honda Challenge car so I was pretty happy overall with the results.

congrats, tage! that's a great showing!

ILIKETODRIVE
09-17-2009, 05:34 PM
x2

Tage get scared? Whaaa? LOL. I can't wait to see what MMP has to offer. If Tage says it's awesome, count me in.

I am totally doing Nationals next year. TTE. If a Pumpkin can finish 2nd, I have a shot to podium next year. I know my whp is low but my PTW is decent and my gearing is solid so it should be interesting.

After Nationals it will be time to revamp the car. Still TTE but with more power (aka - VTEC...so long as I can swing the point total). ;)

Vtecracer
09-19-2009, 06:28 PM
x2

Tage get scared? Whaaa? LOL. I can't wait to see what MMP has to offer. If Tage says it's awesome, count me in.

I am totally doing Nationals next year. TTE. If a Pumpkin can finish 2nd, I have a shot to podium next year. I know my whp is low but my PTW is decent and my gearing is solid so it should be interesting.

After Nationals it will be time to revamp the car. Still TTE but with more power (aka - VTEC...so long as I can swing the point total). ;)

oh really? my motor might work for you if thats what your thinking.

ILIKETODRIVE
09-19-2009, 08:48 PM
oh really? my motor might work for you if thats what your thinking.

Naw. I figure if I take the B17 from the daily and put it in the race car that I can stay TTE. If it makes about how much whp I'm thinking, it should base TTE* and I'll just have to downgrade tires to stay TTE.