PDA

View Full Version : Physical Therapy, AAAHHHHHHH!!!

AZDM
06-10-2009, 12:46 AM
Some may know, some may not, I had knee surgery April 29th. I had an ACL Reconstruction, Miniscus Repair, and Arthritis Removal (granted I'm only 23). This is my second time getting my ACL fixed. The first time I had this done I was 17 and when I had Physical Therapy then it wasn't as bad. Here's the scoop, my doctor is Dr. Russell Chick. He happens to be a pretty well known doctor since he's worked with many football players and I believe he does all surgeries for the AZ Cardinals. He has great credentials and owns the office where several other doctors practice out of. He pretty much knows his stuff. Plus my mom is his scheduling assistant so she would know who comes in to see him. Anyways, after the surgery, he refers me to HIS Physical Therapist which is on the floor above. I shouldn't have underestimated his referal. Turns out my Physical Therapist also has a great work record. My Physical Therapist, Rich, has also worked with football teams for the past 23 years. I mean, there are many elderly people who go to see Rich and he's just as tough on them as he is with younger clients. There's a sign on his wall that reads, "WIMPS, PLEASE LEAVE NOW." He pushes the shit out me every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. It's very painful but I'm pretty sure he knows what he's doing. This is more of a rant than anything helpful. After all that is said and done though, he does a great job. I almost have 100% flexion in my knee after just 2 weeks of seeing him. No pain, no glory, right?

rushbuster70
06-10-2009, 06:11 AM
Nice man...I tore my achilles and had a hottie for a PT but she pushed me soooo hard when it came to walking again.

89hatch
06-10-2009, 06:58 AM
recovery and rehab are very very dificult for patients after surgeries but the best thing is to hang in ther cuz the shit will get better...

AZDM
06-11-2009, 09:10 AM
What sucks is that I really feel like this surgery actually felt like it worked. The first surgery never gave me confidence in my knee. I'm just to anxious to get to playing ball and a lot of other things I wasn't able to do. I've never been pushed like that before when its come to training or physical fitness. I think after I finish my therapy I'm gonna join a gym. Even though I feel a lot of pain, it actually relaxes me in a way and I forget all worries. Oh, RUSHBUSTER70 that is one of my main fears, to tear my achillies. That must of hurt like hell man. Can you function just as good as you did before it tore?

rushbuster70
06-12-2009, 07:29 AM
Oh, RUSHBUSTER70 that is one of my main fears, to tear my achillies. That must of hurt like hell man. Can you function just as good as you did before it tore?

umm sorta lol...its always painful though after exercise.have to ice it and I use a heating pad also.But I haven't really found anything I couldn't do.I dont go all out when doing things over a fear of hurting it again though.But I play football,run,play bball like before and so far everythings been fine.Dude that shit hurt like hell when I tore it.I was playing basketball.

AZDM
06-14-2009, 08:12 PM
umm sorta lol...its always painful though after exercise.have to ice it and I use a heating pad also.But I haven't really found anything I couldn't do.I dont go all out when doing things over a fear of hurting it again though.But I play football,run,play bball like before and so far everythings been fine.Dude that shit hurt like hell when I tore it.I was playing basketball.

Thats exactly how i hurt myself both times. Hopefully after this surgery I won't have that fear of reinjuring it.