AZHT.net

AZHT.net (http://www.azht.net/forum/index.php)
-   Welding and Fabrication (http://www.azht.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=161)
-   -   *the official ctd fab thread* (http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=133448)

CTD-FAB 04-21-2011 11:58 AM

2 Attachment(s)
STOCK B18 with arps and cams, 200k miles on it, he ran 11.4s with it on 18psi

That was with the modified ebay manifold. Now add in my better placement (AC yeah) and superior runner and collector geometry with thick sch40 stainless steel.

This guy's sub-par setup make really nice USABLE street power. My kit would only have better results at those boost levels.

CTD-FAB 04-21-2011 12:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Awwwwwww

looks what UPS dropped off today. 500hp Bell Air to Water core :drive:

Our in house mechanical engineer is going to be doing a CFD analysis on the core to find the optimum end tank design for the most efficient use of the core's potential. Will post up results when we get them.

So Far total charge piping will be right around 2 feet including the A/W core.

CTD-FAB 04-22-2011 03:44 PM

I might be able to get dyno graphs of the other three setups with my manifolds on them but Locash clears his system every 6 months.

Yes, IMO a divided ramhorn is the only ramhorn that doesn't make me hate life when I build it. Do you know how long ive been in the manifold game and how many regular T3 ramhorns Ive built..... hundreds upon hundreds. Its always the same boring mindless monkey tacking work. I'm about doing different things, putting a new edge on, going at things with a different angle.

Anyone and their blind grandma can build a regular ramhorn and make it look good. This is why they don't interest me. Please don't take these comments as AFI's ramhorn suck, its quite the opposite, for the price you can't beat the quality. I send people that want ramhorns to you guys.

Boppers 04-22-2011 08:57 PM

Only mindless monkeys complain about ramhorns

CTD-FAB 04-22-2011 11:03 PM

Boppers 04-23-2011 09:20 AM

oh please do

all_motor_mike 04-23-2011 12:37 PM

im starting to get the idea that some people arent big fans of u vince.......elaborate please.

mike

Boppers 04-23-2011 01:12 PM

:biggrin:

CTD-FAB 04-23-2011 01:44 PM

Fixed, i also had the graph up on the previous page.

All ive ever wanted to do was make stuff different from everyone else, make stuff I would be happy and proud of to put on my own car and get a little credit for. I was tired of being behind the scenes all the time.

All is fair in Fabrication and War. I will never stop trying to do the best I can. I strongly and truly believe competition breeds excellence. Guys out there like Aaron (G-Fab), Collin (Toxic) and Chris (9Bells) continue to raise the bar, I'm just trying to do my part.

When you're the first person whose beliefs are different from what everyone else believes, you're basically saying, "I'm right, and everyone else is wrong." That's a very unpleasant position to be in. It's at once exhilarating and at the same time an invitation to be attacked.
Larry Ellison - Innovation

CTD-FAB 04-23-2011 02:31 PM

Sorry about the confusion , on page two I posted up two separate honda-evo turbo graphs. One Jeff Evans tuned and the second one with the picture and graph at 20psi. The 327hp dyno was made with a modified ebay manifold, not one of my design. My design has much better placement, and runner/collector geometry.

I never said anything about a specific companies ramhorn, they are all pretty much the same, AFI/Full Race/whoever, minus small manufacturing techniques and welding quality.

"This line of manifolds was designed for the customer who wants a good street kit that makes good street power….and has a street budget. We utilize OEM Twinscroll Evolution 8/9 turbos because of their efficiency in cost, response, power and most of all reliability. Similar to some of the new bigger Borg Warner EFR turbos these are also divided yet internally waste gated. This lets the customer have a twinscroll setup yet not have to worry about the hassles of buying and installing two wastegates and dumptubes.

Shown here are two manifolds in the current line. Both are professionally designed and fabricated with the highest quality materials and processes. They consist of fully CNC cold rolled steel flanges machined flat and connected with brushed stainless steel 304L schedule 40 elbows. Everything is melted together with an in house Miller Dynasty 200Dx with high pps capability and fully backpurged for the strongest possible weld."

-True Twinscroll OEM Turbo
-Professionally designed and fabricated stainless manifold
-AC compatible
-Powersteering compatible
-Full Length Radiator compatible
-Best transient response and area under the curve
-Manifold AND Turbo for under $1000.00

ICD 04-23-2011 02:35 PM

Here we go.

This thread should turn out interesting.

Btw how much to make some of those flowers on your site

CTD-FAB 04-23-2011 02:57 PM

Hopefully the interest stems from the fabrication and not any kind of drama.

For the flowers it depends on what style you are interested in. Ive made roses, lilies, star gazers, tulips. Roses go for $75.00 each and are made of TIG'd stainless with candy paint and clearcoated. As with anything, with quantity price goes down. A dozen roses goes for $480.00.

Lemme know.

CTD-FAB 04-23-2011 06:42 PM

CTD-FAB 04-23-2011 08:18 PM

CTD-FAB 04-24-2011 01:39 AM

Brad, do you mind if I post some pictures up of the manifolds I designed when I worked at AFI?

honduh_head 04-24-2011 10:07 AM

Yes you may, sir :)

CTD-FAB 04-24-2011 10:51 AM

2 Attachment(s)

CTD-FAB 04-24-2011 11:12 AM

4 Attachment(s)
-MIG Blasting

-Dual Recirc AFI divided bottom mount AKA The Cactus pipe

-Divided T4 S2k Race Topmount designed

-Divided T4 Vw Vr6 Topmount designed

all_motor_mike 04-24-2011 11:15 AM

very nice vince and yeah collin and bells are very good also. collins been giving me some tips so as soon as i get some more stainless work ill give them a try.

mike

honduh_head 04-24-2011 12:34 PM

Can I make some comments about that s2k topmount?

CTD-FAB 04-24-2011 12:57 PM

Sure! It was designed to keep heat away from the shock tower and only for a hood/fender exit exhaust, race only. I was able to use low angle 4" merge collectors and keep runner geometry in check (equal pressure drops per runner).

Personally I like the AFI Forward Facing S2k manifold better. However the S2k race car had issues with heat effecting the passenger side shock dampening.

honduh_head 04-25-2011 06:25 AM

mmmmmm nvm come see me at the shop, i don't want to talk about it here.

taggart_lumpy 04-25-2011 09:14 AM

:crazy:

luvu vince

DarkAngel 04-29-2011 11:37 PM

Dang, great work here. Wish I had the cash to let you design me an exhaust manifold for my Mazdaspeed Protege. Wish you were closer. I am almost done with her. Just need to put the forged parts in and all together so she doesn't go boom as the previous owner did. I can't wait to finish her up. Aiming for at least 250-260 HP when I have everything dialed in.

Anyways great work. I know there are many people on Mazdas247 always looking for a great manifold to run.

CTD-FAB 05-03-2011 12:08 AM

Ditto Josh :wave1:

Thanks! What year Protege? I would love to branch out to different platforms! As far as traveling goes Ive made a few 1000+ mile trips with all my equipment and its all 110volt compatible, even my TIG. If I can get a couple guaranteed manifold sales I wouldn't mind giving you a really nice discount. And as far as prices go my T3 single gate manifolds go for $650.

I'll check out that forum tonight, thanks for the heads up!

CTD-FAB 05-03-2011 01:12 AM

CTD-FAB 05-03-2011 01:50 AM

honduh_head 05-05-2011 02:58 PM

i'm diggin the jdm bends.

CTD-FAB 05-05-2011 03:29 PM

Thanks! It was just one of those for fun things. Actually a guy round here saw it an now wants all jdm'd stainless charge piping. Gonna be tough to still make it look good because of the length of the pipes

CTD-FAB 05-05-2011 05:08 PM