AZHT.net

AZHT.net (http://www.azht.net/forum/index.php)
-   Road Racing & Auto-X (http://www.azht.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   2012 PLANS?? - Lets HEAR it fellow racers!!!! (http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=162876)

mixedCRX 02-27-2012 10:30 AM

I was saying as in general, stop getting your panties in a bunch. I don't really care about what you've done or are going to do. There are very few people that actually get into tracking in this world. Just because you haven't done that many events doesn't mean you have to try and justify not making any event, you do what you can and thats all that matters. Like next month there is a event at firebird east the 23rd-25th and on the 25th there is a event for the super lap at ASR in new mexico, If I miss one for the other thats my loss. We must also remember that racers have 10,000 excuses and I am no exception.

You must understand that I normally talk in generalizations and use "you" more then "people". Sorry for the confusion.

If you do make it out to some events with ProAuto this year I hope to see you.

Koopa Troopa 02-27-2012 10:48 AM

If I have time and no car I'll be at events just to spectate, network and assist with track duties. Getting a car is the easiest part, the time is more difficult. Trying to balance racing, job, full time student, karate and family will be interesting.

mixedCRX 02-27-2012 11:02 AM

Bring a lap top and the family, that salves 3 of them lol

SlowCivicHmm 02-27-2012 12:18 PM

DUDE, just stop....please........

I started this thread for the peeps I already see on track and have been on track with.....I had a "disconnect" with some track family that I've been hanging with since 02/03 when I started tracking in AZ.....I figured this would be a good place to keep tabs on people ALREADY RACING or COMPETING....

I don't care what YOUR plans are.....cuz if I search long enough I can find your same posts in various threads.......start a project thread of your own and put all your plans there....

THIS IS FOR PEOPLE ALREADY OUT ON TRACK LOCALLY!!! MY FRIENDS..........when you arrive in AZ and join ProAuto, NASA, SCCA, and every other org around feel free to post.......

If a thread was posted about "who wants to race" 75% of AZHT would post......cuz everyone has a race car now............remember NO race car is needed to track....

NOW BACK TO TOPIC!!!!!

How are the HC guys doing???? TT??? PT??? TA???

The HL series is off to a good start!!!! and the PS series is always fun!!

Team-BBN is kicking ass and having tons fun competing with each other.........the REX took 1st in class again this weekend in both races sat & sun..........the 4dr took 2nd on Saturday and 1st on Sunday in HL4.......I unfortunately didn't run and I believe the s2k didn't compete this weekend just tracked for fun in street group.....our 2nd CRX is in the works but ran street group this weekend as well, after sorting some issues out on track he'll be in HL4.

It was good to see some new & familiar faces come out for street group.... Joey/EK w/K series, Kevin/Teg w/GSR, and Paul w/a Non Honda which was weird lol, were all out.........GREAT WEEKEND!!!

Much props to Pablo for allowing me to run his car in HL4 on Sunday, even though due to a bad eye I didn't drive at all.......GREAT looking out from a fellow track nut that took my advise and tried the track a few times vs the canyon............

CRAZY WEEKEND!!!!! my car will be back and will WIN east....haha

CarMay 02-28-2012 12:11 AM

definitely great weekend! cant wait for the next one

mixedCRX 02-28-2012 10:57 AM

Joser maybe my Crx will be done and maybe it will be signed up in HL4?

SlowCivicHmm 02-28-2012 12:28 PM

^^^ Funny Guy........I contest you NOW!!! :-)

EM1 jooowizzzle 02-28-2012 02:18 PM

overheated again this weekend... its really starting to piss me off...

SlowCivicHmm 02-28-2012 02:40 PM

Did you?!?

hmmmmmmmmm

mixedCRX 02-28-2012 03:01 PM

I have a dyno sheet for 105whp and 91tq, I swear its from the CRX....:upyours:

Mine did too, I was out in Orange and looked down to see the temp gauge at 3/4 and put the heater on full blast and pitted. Come to find out my fan switch went bad so jumper it we did and back out on track next session!:drive:

cjb 02-28-2012 03:10 PM

Could be waterpump, i personally would try to borrow a different radiator just to try

SlowCivicHmm 02-28-2012 03:55 PM

^^ this!!

SlowCivicHmm 02-28-2012 03:55 PM

no issues after the jump???

IN 4 HOE 02-28-2012 05:02 PM

Trying to get my car back together and plan on doing a lot more events this year! I'm really excited to try out Chuckwalla and Inde. But AMP is a no go cuz I'm LOOOOUUUUUUDDD!!!

BTW Im on NASAAZ I have an 05 RSX

SlowCivicHmm 02-28-2012 05:59 PM

Same here, no AMP for me due to my BC Spec II exhuast......

Chuckawalla I have to see........but I really do wanna try that track!!

Inde I'm in for May 2012 and Sept 2012.......

civil 02-28-2012 08:40 PM

Getting things done in 2012! Sunday's event in Tucson
:drive:

mixedCRX 03-02-2012 12:05 PM

Nope I think it ran cooler after the jump too!

Hell yeah thats awesome!! keep up the great driving!!

LoooseGSR 03-02-2012 09:39 PM

welp.....ummmm....my plans changed, will hopefully just be tracking the rest of this year, but will be doing TT next year if I can.

Long story short, the stars aligned and the car I've been wanting since I first got into Honda's just worked out...

See you all at the night event:-)

Agent Smith 03-03-2012 04:34 PM

Type-RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR?

INTEGRA DC2 03-03-2012 05:11 PM

Actually i think its Carlos old GSR teg???

Dead Bird 03-03-2012 07:02 PM

Picked up my sway bars, front lca's, and end links. Will order new bushings Friday, and maybe some pads.

After install of that stuff, I'm basically set. Tuned and made 180/133. New gears possibly Friday too, we'll see how that goes.

Time to start saving for reg fees. And if I can't afford it, I'll come out with joey and help him with his car.

Good meeting you brandon! (Sorry if that's not how you spell your name)

EM1 jooowizzzle 03-03-2012 07:11 PM

ive heard some pretty loud cars out there when i was working a couple weeks back, you should at least try to see if youll pass the sound test

EM1 jooowizzzle 03-03-2012 07:15 PM

maybe, ill try this the next event i go to. i see a little bit of flow when i open the cap but im assuming that it should be flowing pretty fast right? mickey tells me that my motor could possibly have build up in the coolant passage way. i kind of believe him because my motor has been sitting for a while. also possibly considering installing an electric water pump.

Dead Bird 03-03-2012 07:31 PM

1. Kelley said that.
2. An electric water pump won't fix the problem unless it's your current water pump that's bad.
3. When you had your head off, was there a bunch of white crusty stuff or rust in the coolant passageways around your sleeves?

EM1 jooowizzzle 03-04-2012 04:40 AM

maybe my pump is bad... the passage ways looked normal to me, no build up or anything

Koopa Troopa 03-04-2012 11:46 AM

It'd a pressurized system and when you remove the pressure from the system not much is going to happen...

I'm curious if your cap is even doing anything since you seem to be removing the cap on a pressurized coolant system without issue...

EM1 jooowizzzle 03-04-2012 02:31 PM

i used 2 diffrent caps, they all did the same thing.

LoooseGSR 03-04-2012 09:19 PM

bingo

LoooseGSR 03-04-2012 09:20 PM

No question, you will NOT pass with a Buddy Club Exhaust...I'm not even going to try on my new car until I get something VERY quiet, just don't want to be hassled.

SlowCivicHmm 03-04-2012 09:41 PM

YUP, I'm with this guy.....hahahahaha BC = NO NO