AZHT.net

AZHT.net (http://www.azht.net/forum/index.php)
-   Health & Fitness (http://www.azht.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   2013 Progress pics/ goals thread (http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=184246)

clean4door 02-02-2013 08:07 PM

skar1.0 02-02-2013 08:44 PM

Good job man 70 lbs is allot, does it weird you out when you see your reflection sometimes? I used to trip out at first lol i was so used to the bigger me

clean4door 02-02-2013 08:46 PM

Thanks
Honestly. I still don't completely see the difference. I guess u can say I still see the old me majority of the time

skar1.0 02-02-2013 09:47 PM

Yeah i know what you mean people will give me compliments but i still see myself with allot of work ahead, you've motivated me to post pics I'll try to get the early ones off my old phone now. Again, great job man

AZTEG95 02-03-2013 02:25 PM

I run. So if anyone want to train with me hmu.

Dsquared Upholstery 02-03-2013 04:24 PM

I run a lot of stuff too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1badLst 02-04-2013 11:20 AM

I pick things up and put them down. sometimes I do that with people....on their heads

SiR Mikey 02-04-2013 10:55 PM

Thats god damn impressive man! Just imagine where you'll be next year...
LOL

skar1.0 02-05-2013 05:11 AM

clean4door 02-05-2013 08:55 AM

Thanks mikey, now I just gotta keep it up this year

SiR Mikey 02-05-2013 01:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Very impressive man. What kind of time span is between the first and last pic?
It become habit man. First year is always the hardest. The compliments, which I'm sure you get a lot of, will be enough to keep you in line lol

Recent picture. Put on a layer of fat over the past 6 months and lost a little mass

skar1.0 02-05-2013 01:28 PM

Thanks man, about 14-18 months hard to tell because my old phone didn't date the pics lol

Spec C 02-05-2013 01:35 PM

Good work everyone.

Mikey, how tall are you? Should have some updated progress pics in a couple months no?

jdmrex1 02-05-2013 02:59 PM

[quote=skar1.0;3025690]So here it is, its been almost two years since i began trying to live a healthier life, this is my progress so far but i still am not satisfied, greatest accomplishment so far? Getting rid of the cankles lol.
Hope the pics come out in order I'm doing this from my phone[quote]

Nice job man. You can really tell the change. Have you been following the same diet plan since you started? Are you going for a bulk look or just lean out?

skar1.0 02-05-2013 04:20 PM

Nice job man. You can really tell the change. Have you been following the same diet plan since you started? Are you going for a bulk look or just lean out?

Thank you, no i haven't the first year i was counting every calorie and doing insanity, last year i joined the gym and was really weak so i raised my calorie intake by about 500 calories a day and an extra protein shake a day trying to get my strength up. The second to last pic was when i had about a month into lifting, i gained allot of fat as well but currently I'm cutting down.

SiR Mikey 02-05-2013 04:34 PM

5'8-9. And absolutely, dead set on hitting this goal

KingDingaLing 02-05-2013 08:47 PM

clean4door 02-05-2013 08:50 PM

Aww shit. Getting there buddy

Thanks mikey. I've only been in the gym lifting for 6 months. Everything before was just cardio. So ya it's hard to keep it up, especially since I'm still a big gym noob

jdmrex1 02-05-2013 09:15 PM

Ha tell me about a gym noob. I just started a month ago. Ive done a ton of research on just about everything. From eating healthy, counting calories, and gym ecxercises.. I feel like a weakling compared to alot of people at the gym. But that just motivates me to hitting my goals. From the cardio side I hit 1.5 miles in 12minutes, I lost 10lbs since I started and ive noticed my strength getting better. My max at BenchPress was 1/2 a plate lol.. Now I can do 1 1/2 plates 5X..
It really feels great.

Spec C 02-05-2013 11:34 PM

Stay safe. Get your form down, and get technically proficient before worrying too much about weight.

If need be film yourself on the big lifts(bench, dead, overhead press, squat) and post up for critique. Even better get someone who knows what they are doing, to help train you for a few sessions. And I can't stress KNOWS WHAT THEY ARE DOING enough. There are plenty of "big" guys who have no clue about proper technical form.

RC. Stay on track man, and you wont even recognize yourself in a few months.

PhxKid92 02-08-2013 12:26 AM

wish i had the motivation to get into shape :/ im in the worst shape iv ever been. i was 180 2 months ago now im 168-170, i have no idea how i lost over ten pounds by doing the same thing i always do lol ?? it would be nice to have a personal trainer, i would like to stay around the same weight but tighten everything up and get some muscle tone

Bodykit 02-08-2013 08:35 AM

Good shit Rc! And Mikey stfu with ur layer of fat shit lol I should probably watch what I say seeing how ill be working out with u later lol:031:

Dsquared Upholstery 02-08-2013 09:07 AM

[quote=Spec C;3026435]Stay safe. Get your form down, and get technically proficient before worrying too much about weight.

X2 on this part especially. Control is sooo essential. I see it day after day, guys grab these big ass weights and have sloppy form. Take the ego out of the lift and focus on the movement, the muscle, the pump.

You should be squeezing each contraction and really focus on not bouncing the weight around.

A good video to watch is the training with Kai series on youtube, he's all of controlled movements.

Spec C 02-08-2013 10:21 AM

I'm not so much referring to that more so the technical side of things. You can have slow controlled movements and still be technically challenged. For example myself. I always lifted with super controlled negatives on bench press, very tight form, but from a technical standpoint I was a mess. Not until I had someone who was truly a technician watching me and coaching my form did I realize how bad it was(technically). It was slow, controlled, and looked pretty to the average person but get around people who know what to look for and it was not good.

Bench pressing is more than lying on a bench and pressing, for example.

The pump, and all that is not really a factor in strength training and especially shouldn't really be a factor on big compound lifts. For instance "the pump" is the last thing on my mind on a deadlift. Or say any of the Olympic lifts, these are impossible to do slow, or for a pump. Bicep curl, and more isolation oriented lifts sure pump away.

Being fast on the concentric portion of the lift is important for force generation. The more speed, and explosiveness, the better. If I asked someone to jump onto a picnic table it would be an explosive movement. In Westside Bb training(regarded as the strongest gym in the world) they focus two days a week to "dynamic effort" which is basically moving the weights as fast as possible, and working on speed/force generation.

There is a place for pump training, and for explosive fast movements, just depends on the lift and your goals.

(not all this is directed at you D as I know you know this, just clarifying what I meant)

Spec C 02-08-2013 10:39 AM

Here is a decent video showing some really explosive deadlifts. Crazy how fast/easy they make it look. Hope to one day have half of that speed.

PhxKid92 02-08-2013 10:53 AM

spec youre hired to be my personal trainer congratulations :)

Dsquared Upholstery 02-08-2013 12:46 PM

Yes well said. It's about the goal. Spec is a power lifter, I am a bodybuilder. The training is different in some parts of the movements like the focus on concentric and eccentric phases.

Spec C 02-08-2013 01:19 PM

Honestly he's not really going all that slow in that video. His curling is pretty damn quick. I think he got a bit more fanatical with the super slow shit lately.

I'm sure even there though he's super focused in his head on what he's training.

Also consider the lifts. Going slow on isolation movements is one thing but watch him bench here. He's fairly explosive.

Dsquared Upholstery 02-08-2013 01:26 PM

I dont recall mentioning anything about going slow however on most movements I do start slower and accelerate throughout the set on a lot of lifts.

Spec C 02-08-2013 04:12 PM

Oh ok. Thought that is what you meant by "focusing on the eccentric/concentric phase" or the bouncing the weight around. Typically when someone says "focus on the negative" it means to slow the lift down. Guess I miss read it.

My bad.