AZHT.net

AZHT.net (http://www.azht.net/forum/index.php)
-   Site Suggestions, Questions or Problems (http://www.azht.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Engine Series Parts (http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=161875)

Hugh.B.Madbrough 12-12-2011 01:04 PM

Engine Series Parts

Would it be possible to add a sub section under engine parts? Such as B, D, F, H, K, J and Other Engines.

it is quite frustrating for me to go through pages and pages of parts to not find anything for K series. Because "K Series" is such a general term it's hard to use the search function also.

I believe that creating the sub-sections will help improve the users ability to post appropriate parts in the section, and also those searching for engine specific parts.

Just my .02 to help improve the community.

*inFamous* 12-12-2011 03:51 PM

I finally agree with one of the suggestions in here.. Not a bad idea.

Hugh.B.Madbrough 12-12-2011 04:25 PM

Score one for me lol

Again, I'm not sure how hard it would be since the classifieds are already so cluttered but at least going forward it could be a way to clean up the site a bit. Also would help those lookig for stolen parts to find them easier.

Orange Sherbert Ice Cream Bar 12-14-2011 01:34 AM

this should be done.. maybe a notification when some writes on a thread you commented on like f-book..

Dedspool Superior Tuned 12-14-2011 08:37 AM

mods i beleive this man has something good going here.

Hugh.B.Madbrough 12-14-2011 11:29 AM

It's a v-bulletin function and each user should be able to turn on/off these under their settings somewhere (unless admins/mods have disabled this option or not implemented it)

lol I just hate sifting through pages to not find any K series parts. Takes a good hour of my time.

Colten79 12-18-2011 05:09 AM

This is a decent idea, but our classifieds are already alot more organized than most forums out there... Most say, "Classifieds"/"Parts for sale"/ect. I'm very grateful for the set up as is.. Not only that, but how often does K series parts come on up AZHT? I know there is some, but I personally don't think its enough to add or seperate the types of motors.. Just my 2

Looking

Hugh.B.Madbrough 12-18-2011 12:13 PM

I meant not to just set it up for K series but rather D, B, H, F also. It's a lot easier to find parts for individual motors when it's sorted that way. How many times do you have to tell the people at autozone a different car because of an engine swap? That was the point, to make it easier for all engines, not just K...

Colten79 12-18-2011 04:16 PM

I know you meant for all of the types of honda motors, but what i'm saying is that your gonna have a d/b series section full & have a F/K/J section with one or two-four things in it.. Just seems unnecessary to me..

Hugh.B.Madbrough 12-19-2011 09:25 AM

Then those looking for those parts won't have to spend 3 hours searching for them.

The search system on here is extremely finicky imo. I have nothing but problems using it for some reason, and when I do I usually get nothing but people mentioning shit in threads lol.

At least I did search for a wtb thread lol......

Mr.Burner 12-22-2011 08:50 PM

Its even worse when your searching craigslist for k parts and fucking d series and b series crap is all thats listed! annoying. But If theres enough people selling nice engine parts and no flooded with oem used stuff it would be a good idea.