AZHT.net

AZHT.net (http://www.azht.net/forum/index.php)
-   Health & Fitness (http://www.azht.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   Protein powder/ supplement recommendations (http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=158357)

projectaccord 10-13-2011 08:35 AM

Protein powder/ supplement recommendations

Im aiming to put on some good weight ive lossed over a period of time and figured id ask for some good advice to point me in the right direction. In the period of almost 3 years at my job ive dropped about 35lbs so im looking to get some of it back. Im doing constant repetitive lifting and moving all night and was curious if some sort of weight gain supp. Or protein powder would be a good start. Im 6'2", 175-180lbs at the moment. My metabolism seems to be decently high considering i eat anything and everything whenever im hungry and dont gain any weight. I work overnights so my sleep and eating schedule is never consistant. Any input is much appreciated.

Spec C 10-13-2011 09:11 AM

This is my preferred protein.. It is a good HIGH quality blend, taste amazing, and you can add anything you want to it to tailor it to your needs.

Cinnamon bun is ridiculous..lol

Add peanut butter, almond butter, oats, bananas, etc to increase calories, and make it more of a "meal replacement".

projectaccord 10-13-2011 09:38 AM

Cinnamon bun? I didnt see that flavor listed, but all the others sound tasty lol. Do you know of a place in town that sell the same product, or do i have to order?

Spec C 10-13-2011 09:45 AM

Huh? It is the first option in the drop down menu on that link..lol

No where in town sells it.

If you want order some samples from their site for like $1 before you buy full tubs. I can't see anyone not liking Cinnamon Bun. Vanilla is killer too.

projectaccord 10-13-2011 10:16 AM

I didnt actually check the drop down box i just read the info. Im definately going to order one of each sample and go from there. A coworker of mine was telling me its a good idea to do some sort of full body cleanse before starting a better diet like im going to attempt. What do you think?

Spec C 10-13-2011 10:18 AM

I don't personally like those. Once you get a good deit going, with the added fiber, etc you will "cleanse". I typically reccomend atleast a few table spoons of psyllium husk a day. I try and get atleast 15+g a day.

You can get it in bulk at sprouts for cheap, or just buy some sugar free metimucil.

projectaccord 10-13-2011 11:13 AM

Awesome ill see how this all goes. Im hoping to start everything when i get back from vacation.

Spec C 10-13-2011 11:19 AM

Good luck

projectaccord 10-14-2011 07:19 AM

ordered a sample of each flavor :thumbup:

Spec C 10-14-2011 10:12 AM

I really love both Vanilla, and Cinn. I rarely every "drink" shakes and usually use my powder to make Protein "sludge" or "Fluff". I had some vanilla sludge, with cashew butter last night, it was heavenly..lol

projectaccord 10-14-2011 03:42 PM

Im looking forward to trying the cinnabun flavor. Whats the difference between shakes, sludge, and fluff lol? Ive never used any kind of powder or suppliment so this is all kind of new to me.

bb4arson 10-14-2011 03:56 PM

How much is shipping from trutien?

Spec C 10-14-2011 04:06 PM

Shake is well, a shake.. You mix it in a cup and drink it.

I find eating it more enjoyable, especially like right now where my calories are low.

Fluff, you whip with a mixer, and it turns into a fluffy concoction. I will freeze it for 10-30min and it is like a frozen treat, that is VERY filling. I will usually use some red raspberries, and/or some almond/cashew butter. I will usually use 1scoop of Ultra Peptide 2.0 in this as it fluffs up a lot more.

SLudge is the powder mixed with a very small amount of liquid(water, milk, almond milk) with PB, almond butter, or cashew butter. Throw it back in the freezer for a lil and it is more like a pudding. Vanilla, or Cinn protein with almond or cashew butter is amazing stuff.

I usually don't use berries in my sluge.

I dunno. I don't order directly from Tru Nutrition Sciences. I usually get mine from SportsNutritionOnline, but their site is down for a little bit for updates, or GetRippedNutrition, but they are out of Cinn and Vanilla.

If you go on TruNutritionSciences site they have a list of retailers.

I gotta order some samples of choc banana, and choc strawberry I have had them and they were good but it was a long time ago. I am kinda burned out on Choc flavors, and Vanilla and Cinn are good as hell.

projectaccord 10-14-2011 08:09 PM

Hmm it sounds enjoyable either way.

Spec C 10-14-2011 09:03 PM

Well I have been drinking shakes for like 7+ years, so it is a bit different..lol Much nicer to feel like I am getting something totally different.

Flavor systems have come such a long way over the years it isn't even funny. I remember having to literally POUND a shake down, as they tasted like shit. Now there are so many good tasting powders it isn't even funny. It it actually enjoyable.

projectaccord 10-15-2011 08:20 AM

Ive been eating protein bars lately to up my intake and ive noticed the flavor thing. Metrxx bars are f'ing horrible. I like the lean protein bars though.

projectaccord 10-19-2011 05:10 PM

My samples came in the mail today. Is it better to use this stuff pre or post workout? Most of the research ive done said post but figured id ask anyeays.

Spec C 10-19-2011 05:26 PM

Either is fine. It is a good all around blend. "ideally" you would use a straight whey/isolate post workout, but it isn't an issue, and this contains whey/isolate as well.

I use it anytime.

projectaccord 10-19-2011 05:34 PM

Awesome. Im gonna try the cinnabun flavor tonight before work.

Spec C 10-19-2011 05:42 PM

Report back sir. What are you mixing it with, water or milk?

projectaccord 10-19-2011 05:49 PM

Most likely milk. Ive felt kind of tired lately so the extra calories might help.

Spec C 10-19-2011 06:02 PM

I just had some vanilla "sludge" with cashew butter, and it was delightful..lol

projectaccord 10-19-2011 08:16 PM

Cinnabon is absolutely delicious!

Spec C 10-19-2011 09:14 PM

heh.. told you. It is almost like there is no way there is no sugar/fat in it...lol Shit makes me feel guilty.

projectaccord 10-19-2011 09:53 PM

Yeah id rather make a shake with this stuff than actually eat a cinnamon bun. It definately cures cravings for sweets/sugar. Do you use them as meal replacements or just as an added "treat" and a protein boost.

projectaccord 10-19-2011 10:28 PM

Double post fail

Spec C 10-20-2011 05:09 AM

I use it as part of, or as the protein content of a meal. Like I said, I will mix it with some sort of nut butter, for fat.

Spec C 10-20-2011 04:08 PM

Just saw they have a limited run of banana cream. Just ordered 2..

projectaccord 10-20-2011 10:22 PM

Banana cream sounds good. I had some plain chocolate with some oatmeal this morning and it wasnt bad. In not a big chocolate person though. But i made a chocolate covered banana shake and it was bomb though.

Spec C 10-21-2011 10:37 AM

I am burned out on chocolate, as it is all I drank FOR EVER as all other flavors back in the day sucked. Just this last couple years did flavorings REALLY start getting on point.

CInnamon with oatmeal is bomb. Just cook the oatmeal as you normally would, so it is dry-ish by the time it is done in the micro. Then add your powder directly into the oatmeal, and stir it up. Add water, almond milk, or milk to the desired "milkyness" and you got a nice lil meal. Even some almond, walnut, cashew pieces in there for some texture, and fat.. bomb.

Can't wait to get this banana cream as Banana Cream proteins, are some of my favorite. I got a sample of the choc banana, and choc strawberry coming with it as well.